PDA

View Full Version : The Fastest Track

NightArh
17th July 2009, 10:38 AM
What is the fastest track in the game in your opinion? I cant stop to be amazed how perfectly some tracks are designed and any detail on it is so considered. And that all allows you not to race on the track but just fly by over it :banzai

MrSmadSmartAlex
17th July 2009, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I think the tracks in Pulse are really well thought out too (and look great):D. I used to get annoyed by all the respawns, but now I'm starting to learn to avoid those sections of the tracks.
The fastest tracks to me are Vertica Black, which has the sets of 3 speed pads at the end, and Fort Gale White, which has the chain of BRs. By fastest, I mean tracks where I feel I'm reaching the highest speed at some point.:banzai
Orcus White from the DLC packs is also another really fast track.

NightArh
17th July 2009, 11:38 AM
What about Metropia W? There is a great boost in the middle of the track with Turbo+BR in the end. Speedpads are actually almost unnecessary there ;)
And Tech de Ra B is also hi-speed track

MrSmadSmartAlex
17th July 2009, 11:49 AM
The turbo-BR at the end of Met W is very fast yes, but that long uphill left turn is a bit slow, and spoils the track for me.
I wouldn't know about Tech B. I'm so bad on it, I can't bring myself to practice it.:lol:lol

archman
17th July 2009, 12:25 PM
The Outpost 7 White - narrow, tight, simply fast.
Basilico White - same reasons. :)

ACE-FLO
17th July 2009, 02:38 PM
Moa Therma... FTW (lol)

KIGO1987
17th July 2009, 02:48 PM
Gotta Love Moa, but the fact is the faster track is actually Vertica, which is a fully sik track, that i love.

ACE-FLO
17th July 2009, 02:59 PM
Thing is - I love them all coz they are all fast - barring 07, with its hairpins which make you lose the utmost speed mate!!

Vertica B and W are faaasst!!! Agreed!

leungbok
17th July 2009, 08:15 PM
The shortest is basilico, but the fastest... maybe fort gale or vertica.

kaori
17th July 2009, 08:28 PM
de Konstruct White have just one real turn, the first.

xtriko
19th July 2009, 01:18 AM
Basilco W IMO

Harvai
19th July 2009, 05:42 AM
I vote Vertica, both ways. It feels like a track designed for speed. Same as The Amphiseum.

NightArh
19th July 2009, 10:27 AM
Basilco W IMO

It is just a short track (3.9km only) That is why it seems to be fast IMO ;)

kaori
19th July 2009, 12:48 PM
Figures and statistics have spoken. Orcus Black is the fastest track on WipEout Pulse.

I've taken all Mad-Ice's TT records on the WipEout Zone board, and calculated the speed average.

ACE-FLO
19th July 2009, 01:01 PM
I don't know how you did those calculations, but am glad you did. The list is an eye opener for sure!

... and seeing Metropia White up there as the 2nd fastest track, brings a smile to my face, Metropia White happens to be my most favourite track.

Thanks for taking the time out to do this Kaori.

NightArh
19th July 2009, 01:03 PM
okay speed feeling inside gaming expirience is a strange thing! Most of peeps here said that Vertica is the fastest track... So this meaning is very subjective. Vertica is on the 15th place only!

Thank you kaori for your calculations! But all distances and speed are virtual so here we can speak only about artificial speed feellings

kaori
19th July 2009, 01:17 PM
Of course this calculations don't take into account shortcuts... Look Arc Prime Black in 3rd position, this track seems to be longer that white version, but if you shortcut the chicane, they have the same lenght and you "cheat" on the speed average.

ACE-FLO
19th July 2009, 01:25 PM
Shortcut the chicane on Arch Slime Crack? Where?

I fail badly on that track, and need to know! Please do tell.

Sorry for going slightly offtopic.

leungbok
19th July 2009, 03:19 PM
look at my video of speedlaps on the black tracks of pulse ps2 ;)
link on the "playing pulse on ps2 right now" (page 13)

packetmon
19th July 2009, 05:34 PM
The fastest tracks to me are Vertica Black, which has the sets of 3 speed pads at the end, and Fort Gale White, which has the chain of BRs. By fastest, I mean tracks where I feel I'm reaching the highest speed at some point.:banzai

Very much agree here with that section on Fort Gale White which is so fast it can eat a few seconds off when done right and of course for maximum effect please use Icaras. :dizzy

MrSmadSmartAlex
19th July 2009, 05:48 PM
Yes, maybe Icaras would be the best choice for that track. I used it for Talon's Junction W and de Kon W because they're pretty straight, but after it suffered a little on Gemini Dam B coming out of the corners, I started using EG-X for TT again. I'd forgotten that Icaras kicks on any track where you can get it up to full speed, so now I need to try to beat some of my times with it.;)