PDA

View Full Version : avalon : against all odds (aug. 21/22/23)

kanar
15th July 2009, 10:52 PM
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/image.php?groupid=4&dateline=1239542544&type=groupthumb (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=4)http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/image.php?groupid=22&dateline=1241033319&type=groupthumb (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=22)http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/image.php?groupid=24&dateline=1247731206&type=groupthumb (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=24)
August 21/22/23 -----> PS3 & PSP

Yeah yeah. I know what you think. You can't trust the guy anymore. My bad, sorry, can't recover from this wipeout virus. It's in my blood now. I'll do my best to host good sessions this time again, but to be sincere I couldn't host like I did before. Fantastic news, Cat is already up to be part of the cheeky monkeys this time again. Hope some friends could join the crew, in order to host multiple GG spots this week-end!
ooh by the way, and maybe the cherry on the cake, we'll probably launch a jointed operation with Kigo's eliminator league, we still have to talk but I'm sure it can be done. Crazy week-end on the way guys & gals!

HD Estimated host schedule (no filter, EUR ZONE, GMT TIME) :coffee:
-Friday : 18H00 GMT ----> 02H00 GMT (with breaks)
-Saturday : AnErare in the afternoon + 18H00 GMT -----> 02H00 GMT

Competitions

-"Classic" 4 races/track, 2 with guns, 2 without -- PA off -- BR on
-EndurancE championship (1 race/track) : 20 laps/Br on/PA off/no weapons
-GreeN RaceS could replace some gun races (only if an agreement is reached between the 8 racers : just say "GREEN!" in the chatbox)

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/image.php?groupid=4&dateline=1239542544&type=groupthumb (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=4)--->host crew :

(EURO ZONE)
-Kanar
-Ericd7m
-AnErare

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/image.php?groupid=24&dateline=1247731206&type=groupthumb (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=24)--->host crew :

(OCEANIA ZONE)
-Kigo
-

WE NEED MORE HOSTS! Feel free to pm me if you're interested. The unique objective is to offer a good game for everyone, all over the week-end.

PSP powered by http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/image.php?groupid=22&dateline=1241033319&type=groupthumb (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=22) Estimated host schedule (EUR ZONE, GMT) :coffee:

friday : 19H00 -->23H00 2 races/track, 1 with guns, 1 without (phantom)
Saturday : 19H00 -->23H00 TEAMLINK DIVISION EVENT

-->HOSTS :
-Friday : Archman
-Saturday : Archman

Direct feed/chatbox :
WOzone (ps3 chatbox)
Avalon Lounge (ps3 chatbox)

http://wipeoutarena.forumsactifs.net/ (http://wipeoutarena.forumsactifs.net/) (arena chatbox if you're logged)
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=4 (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=4) (avalon racing league)

current times (no-guns):robot:

vineta k : Elois-13 1.42.15
anulpha : Wotan 1.52.33
moa : Wotan 1.59.69
shenghou : Wotan 2.03.05
metropia : Elois-13 1.45.37
sebenco : Elois-13 1.58.35
ubermall : Wotan 1.49.78
sol2 : Wotan 1.43.38
Talon Junction : Ericd7m 1.58.50
Amphiseum : Ericd7m 2.18.81
Modesto heights : Ericd7m 1.48.14
Tech De Ra : Ericd7m 1.56.85

REVERSE
vineta k : Ericd7m 1.41.25
anulpha : Wellington86 1.52.94
moa : Luxoflux 2.00.91
shenghou : Elois-13 1.56.92
metropia : Kingheim 1.46.03 NEW
sebenco : Wotan 1.57.46
ubermall : Elois-13 1.48.36
sol2 : Ericd7m 1.45.43 NEW
Talon Junction : Ericd7m2.00.13
Amphiseum : TarotcartKiller 2.12.04
Modesto heights : Ericd7m1.45.20
Tech De Ra : Ericd7m1.57.56

ENDURANCE times (no-guns):robot:

vineta k : Greenix 6:46:67
anulpha : Wotan7:28:66
moa : Wotan7:58:95
shenghou : Wotan8:14:84
metropia : Wotan7:07:09
sebenco : Wotan8:00:25
ubermall : yeldar2097 7:23:21
sol2 : Wotan 6:54:05
Tech De Ra :
Amphiseum :
Modesto heights :
Talon Junction :
REVERSE
vineta k : Wotan 6:45:93
anulpha : Wotan 7:34:10
moa : Amorbis 8:02:36
shenghou : yeldar2097 7:55:31
metropia : Elhabib 7:08:53
sebenco : Wotan 7:51:88
ubermall : Wotan 7:20:76
sol2 : Wotan7.06.76
Tech De Ra :
Amphiseum :
Modesto heights :
Talon Junction :

OVERALL MVP :mr-t: not attributed
MAGEC ACADEMY :cowboy: not attributed

Please Pm me for ideas/errors/suggestions, or if you think I need a break LOL

lunar
15th July 2009, 10:56 PM
:hyper One of the best things about Avalon is the names you come up with, Kanar. Well we could say we told you so, quote ourselves etc, but in the end it`s all great news mate. Should be a Fury Avalon!!

kanar
15th July 2009, 10:59 PM
Thanks Lunar! Cat found it lol, we hesitated between some crazy dumb names then she found that good one. And I've already the name for september LOL

kaori
15th July 2009, 11:01 PM
Liar !

leungbok
15th July 2009, 11:02 PM
Lol mate, i knew this will happens :beer

kanar
15th July 2009, 11:11 PM
LOL yeah, Liar. I couldn't stop like that. I love too much this game, I love too much these special week-ends where the world is racing all night long. I'll try to host some bunch of hours, not like last time, but I'm sure we could arrange multiple spots/hosts. And the eliminator league will represent too for sure.

AnErare
15th July 2009, 11:18 PM
Noooooooooooooo! *echo*

I'm working nightshifts in that weekend from friday eve until monday morning :/ No cheeky hosting business and little racing for me this time as I am already sure I will not be able to trade those with a colleague during the summer..

Kanar, since the monkeys have become an integral part of this you might as well include the crew picture Cat brought in at Endgame in the flyer ;)

kanar
15th July 2009, 11:25 PM
Argh AnErare, baaad news. I was secretely hoping you'll be around. Damn. Hope you could at least join us a little bit at some point in the week-end anyway! nice pic addition in the fed btw lol

JJPAP
15th July 2009, 11:30 PM
Damn great, Kanar! I´ll be joining for sure! :lol
Orders to be taken ...

silverfoxy
15th July 2009, 11:37 PM
I will do my best to be there for as often as I can.

Won't commit to hosting duties at the moment but if needed I can help with pleasure.

Really enjoyed the last one especially all the chat so will make a big effort to be there.

kanar
15th July 2009, 11:46 PM
good to read that guys!! Silver I'm adding you to the list, and we'll see how the things run. Already 3 hot spots scheduled for this week-end, sounds great!

sny
16th July 2009, 05:23 AM
I'll have used up all my vacation time by the end of August, but hopefully I'll still be able to join these sessions in the evening hours. Looking forward to getting blown to bits by the pros! =)

NightArh
16th July 2009, 07:42 AM
kanar! You will never leave this arena :banzai And that is great :hyper

archman
16th July 2009, 07:57 AM
Haha, kanar is here with a new title once Again! So it's in about 37 days. I'm in for this. Hosting Pulse sessions! I'll try to prepare something big for the team racing!
Oh ****, joint with KIGO's league? This is just awesome! Thanks for everything, kanar! ;) See you on Pulse sessions!

djKyoto
16th July 2009, 08:13 AM
Good on ya Kanar, haha. :coffee

KIGO1987
16th July 2009, 08:15 AM
This should work out quite nicely. Gives me a few weeks to suss out Eliminator online issues, and im praying that there are no Vista pads in online gameplay in Eliminator mode. If its like Pulse eliminator mode, then that shouldnt be too much of a trouble, because the weapon pads always stay on.

We'll talk about the time arrangements for this weekend in the close future. Alot of timezone differences that will need to be brought up also.

Also i including what OBH suggested in the Eliminator League social group of have doubles would be great, not sure how i could incorporate this into the weekend though.

Looking forward to this:)

kanar
16th July 2009, 09:14 AM
Yes! thanks ALOT for the feedbacks guys! Arch, so glad to read you could set up a good pulse event! I'll be away from my ps3 during 2 weeks, means I'll try to practice a little on my psp by that time, in order to join you guys at some point on the handled event.

Kigo! Gooood news! yes we'll have to co-ordinate our hosts and schedule, but for sure we can set up something great all together. Oh btw, Red Bull is not forbidden in France since july 2008, cos' the french agency couldn't prove its side effects on the body. And we're using toilet paper, not fountain like our Japanese friends!

I'm recruiting ALOT of cheeky monkeys atm (host crew, keeping an eye on the record table). Feel free to pm me if you're interested. The unique objective is to offer a good game for everyone, all over the week-end.

AnErare
16th July 2009, 10:36 AM
rofl at the comments :P

I could do a sneak-peek on friday at the beginning but I'd better not ;)

KIGO1987
16th July 2009, 11:31 AM
Kigo! Gooood news! yes we'll have to co-ordinate our hosts and schedule, but for sure we can set up something great all together. Oh btw, Red Bull is not forbidden in France since july 2008, cos' the french agency couldn't prove its side effects on the body. And we're using toilet paper, not fountain like our Japanese friends!

I'm recruiting ALOT of cheeky monkeys atm (host crew, keeping an eye on the record table). Feel free to pm me if you're interested. The unique objective is to offer a good game for everyone, all over the week-end.

Looking forward to this coming event. With having both Wipeout HD and Wipeout Pulse, as well as full weapons involved as well as no weapon involved races should not only be a great event for all Wipeoutzone, Wipeoutarena and Gamesfaqs members, but also is a great and brilliant way to promote Wipeout, and to get more new people interested in the game.

BTW thanks Kanar for that answer that was buggering the head out of me. No Red Bull available in France yet you guys still perform well in Wipeout, shiit im lost. Kaori told me this a little while ago as well. Asa didnt, i think he might be smuggling some Red Bull into the country, and maybe he's selling it between you fokes, lol. Quick bastard he was a few nights back on HD.

What's the name for this weekend? Is it still a Avalon weekend?

kanar
16th July 2009, 12:06 PM
yes kigo, i think it's again, and "against all odds" lol, a new avalon week-end, even if i won't host like hell this time. I'm counting on a great host crew to help me in this huge task. Cat & Silverfox already signed up, hope i could bring more friends into the fury. Archman is up for the pulse part, and i'm sure the crazy Ace-flo and Alex will be around to help him. And of course, we couldn't organize a big party without the eliminator league. The more there will be people online and hot host spots, the more it will be goooood! wipeout unity FTW!

Asayyeah
16th July 2009, 12:19 PM
Eliminator ...hmmmm that sounds a good mission for Rapier Racer and me, i am pretty sure he or I could possibly host few batch of races, let's see how it goes with this new Fury coming soon.

Btw sorry Olivier couldn't answer your phonecall will do it now ;)

ACE-FLO
16th July 2009, 01:25 PM
I'm so glad Avalon is back. It seems like a very long time since I was involved in one peeps... And Kanar, ofcourse Alex and I will be there to help in anyway we can. These avalon events too good to miss, and now with Pulse being released via PSN store, I'm kinda hoping more interest is generated form new pilots for these events too. The Pulse scene has been a little quiet lately, don't know why that is - it's a brilliant game!

This time for the Pulse sessions, I'm expecting interest form NightArh, (as well the usual masters of disasters) who has shown a lot of promise online, and has progressed in his gameplay at a good rate... SO get involved dude!

I normallly hate the weps off races, I'm a carnage hungry type, but had a few races Weps Off with Arch and Smad recently and they werent that bad, so yeah, sounds goooood!!!!

kanar
16th July 2009, 01:50 PM
Asa! so good to have news from you! thx for the call! and i've already saved the phone message you guys sent me during your crazy convention last we lol. Ace! good to read you'll be around! I've one more good news too, 60/70 % sure i'll be home alone this particular aug. week-end... means hosting like hell, breaking timezones... ah ah. Apologies in advance for my baaad skills, i'll be probably out of training, not even mentioning the fury part. But i can't wait to race with you all on my beloved tech de ra! (forward lol)

stinkleroy
16th July 2009, 02:50 PM
Noooooooooooooo! *echo*

My sentiments exactly! You gotta be there AnE....it's the law! Cmon I'm going to need your help because if kanar has the place to himself he'll be hosting till Christmas :|:lol

kanar
16th July 2009, 03:08 PM
... because if kanar has the place to himself he'll be hosting till Christmas :|:lol

to christmas and beyond! Thanks so much for the help Cat, yeah too bad AnE has to work this particular we. Hopefully silverfox just joined the crew, and we'll have probably more friends back up soon. gah, my last ps3 hour before a 2 weeks break. will be hard to survive without my wiipeout hd machine!

stinkleroy
16th July 2009, 03:14 PM
Always a pleasure my friend :) Won't be able to host too late into the night now that I'm living in a house with paper thin walls...but I'll carry on until the complaining starts :D

AnE will just have to quit his job....:p

AnErare
16th July 2009, 03:40 PM
Eeeeh yes and I guess you'll provide shelter and food for me then? :P

The shifts in that particular weekend were up for grabs and I took them because I've taken the following 3 weeks off and the bonus money is pretty good :P

I will claim compensation if I will be able to settle a trade ;)

LOUDandPROUD
16th July 2009, 04:24 PM
Awesome, Kanar! I hope I can make it! :+

kanar
17th July 2009, 05:49 PM
Hey L&P, hope you could make it too! And yeah AnE, quit your job please lol. Ok one more good news, Eric(d7m) just joined the host crew. So we have now 4 network solutions in the Euro zone, in theory. Hope we could balance the lag aspect with some American/Asian host spots maybe. Gah, 2 weeks away from my ps3, hopefully pure & pulse are great games lol. See you soon everyone, I'll be around from time to time during this period.

cheeky monkeys crew atm (To be confirmed) : -EURO ZONE- Kanar, Silverfox073, Stinkleroy, Ericd7m

AnErare
23rd July 2009, 06:13 PM
That wont be necessary!

The one option I had available turned out to be a much favoured card trick :D
The nightshifts have respawned the weekend before and I'm the weekend off. Only obstacle is Friday eve, I have to work then but I'll arrive home around 00:30 GMT+2 to join in a bit later.

Hope you guys wont quit my job for me now! :P

SaturnReturn
23rd July 2009, 06:50 PM
Well I'm not going to quit my job, it's just getting good, but I'll certainly book a day off (because this is still better). :D

Although it's true kanar, I'll never trust you again. To think I learned nothing from all the childhood stories (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_Who_Cried_Wolf), shame on me.

kanar
26th July 2009, 02:28 AM
LOL Sat, you're right, the boy who cried wolf is a great allegory! Well to be honest, and you probably know that, I tought I could calm down a little, stop the fight in the SL tables, chill and rest, playing LBP or KZ or something else... NO WAY. I'm addicted, way too much. I'm actually in honeymoon, making the trip of my life, going west, Grand Canyon, Vegas, LA, Frisco, Monument Valley, and so on... And I'm still lurking this place when there's Wifi access in the motels, torturing myself with your Fury reports! I'm addicted to WZ and WO, this is weird, crazy, but... I've just accepted it. Gah huge thunderstorm on Page, AZ now. I should turn the laptop off. I'm glad you're planning to book a day off Sat. And AnE, I'm so glad you could join the party too. I'll be right on schedule for Avalon, Icaras FTW. See you all soon friends. As i said,
from august 3 to august 9, Icaras hardcore training camp to catch you up guys, then online fury soon for me too!

SaturnReturn
26th July 2009, 02:57 AM
Cool stuff kanar. There's a lot to do in Fury plus catching up with the frenchies, so I might even have to take a week off work. I feel like there just aren't enough hours in the day right now. How can a game take over my mind like this? It makes no sense to me, and yet it feels so right. It's good to know you're on a honeymoon and that a Wipeout addiction doesn't destroy all hope of having a normal life too. :D

lunar
26th July 2009, 06:43 PM
You have been to Nevada, Kanar? I hope you didn`t forget to look for the NX1000 test site. I know this hasn`t happened yet but it has to be there somewhere.

You could also check out Florion Heights and look out for the remains of our zone ships ;)

Have a great time out there, that`s a holiday I would love to do one day.

:cowboy

AnErare
28th July 2009, 05:02 PM
Woop woop woop!

A joint venture with Eliminator League would be wicked, I like the idea! And I think just about everyone will after seeing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tufArMCRkKs

Be prepared, a harsh sneer comes up at some point :g

kanar
6th August 2009, 10:51 PM
Yeah AnE, great stuff indeed. Tried it in campaign mode, it will be pure fun! Hope Kigo or some other eliminator ownerz will be around to organize that in addition to our regular "avalon stuff" hosts.

Well... As you saw, I'm back from my trip, and OMG the return is kinda hard to deal with. Jet lag to the max; insomnia, some more side effects I won't talk about here lol... And a weird fuking hyper hand sweating problem who finished to ruin my Icaras training camp of this week. This hand sweating is probably linked to my foolish attempt to stop dope, -drug free for 20 days now, smoking TONS of ciggies to compensate, yeah that sucks, next step is cigs.- LOL, maybe I should post in the well known cannabis thread, just to say "Leungbok and wowo are my heroes" :).

I really hope I could appreciate again this game as I used to, I'm realizing now how dope changed me, how it regulated my life, my behaviour, my taste for things... like wipeout. Kinda lost atm, hope I'll regain my speed lap taste real soon. I'll do my best to be right on schedule again for this event, but I doubt to be competitive. Hopefully Yeldar just joined the fantastic host crew. "with a little help from my friends..." sounds like a Joe Cocker song lol. Anyway, with or without me, show must go on (oh 2 more song titles lol):guitar

Gah can't believe I must go back to work monday.

SaturnReturn
6th August 2009, 10:56 PM
I used to get crazy sweaty hands playing games and playing guitar and just generally. Now I drink more water and it has helped a lot. It might not work for everyone - just a quick suggestion. :)

kanar
6th August 2009, 11:01 PM
oh sure, thx for the suggestion, you're right Sat, too much pepsi max, not enough perrier. Bought a special lotion too, I'm confident in fixing that real soon, will be probably easier than my detox.

kaori
7th August 2009, 08:22 AM
"Leungbok and wowo are my heroes" :) The demoniac power of guile ! Change your heroes, these guys are disingenuous ! ;)

leungbok
7th August 2009, 08:32 AM
Shut up, you !! Kanar was close to heal from dependance !! ;)

pirahpac
7th August 2009, 04:41 PM
hey mates ! i hope i will can play this avalon !(nan mais regardez moi ces 3 fourbes la ! on se croirait chez arena (( pa les slips hein)) kanar tu devrais changer ta fenetre lol ( ou ton hublot) menfin :sonar

Lance
7th August 2009, 04:44 PM
En Anglais, s'il vous plait.

In English, please. This is an English-language forum to maximise the number of people who can communicate with each other.

pirahpac
7th August 2009, 05:24 PM
sorry ! it was just a litlle message in french for some crazy friends :robot

kanar
7th August 2009, 09:58 PM
heya Pirah,

You have no idea how much I'm pleased to hear you'll try to make some runs with us. Argh my windows lol, errr please don't rub it in! it hurts so much lol. I'm talking full of jacky d. atm, after a fukin party at my mother-in-law (oh weeh). Funny coincidence... your post, my night, the final fight wth my wife for whateva -again-, what is allowed and what is forbidden... which cancer is allowed and which one is baad... lol. Aaaanyway, back on topic, I really hope you'll spend your week-end with us.
Lance, please sell your weird stuff you bought recently (sorry to sound like Kigo, but I couldn't restrain myself... you know... Jacky D. lol), except if you're an Ace combat fan (the only reason I would buy one), and join us for the party my friend. ps3 price is about to drop off so why not buying a good wipeout hd machine? ... Back to topic again, AnErare I love you (lol), my hand fountain is fixed now, thx to the lotion and the water (thx for the tip Sat), I just need some motivation to run my ps3 now, and practice a little... ///A LOT

Thanks again for your support guys. Hats off. You have no idea how much it means to me...

Sooo, Wowo wasn't only powered by nutella? damn!

leungbok
8th August 2009, 08:39 AM
Hmmm, at the police's office of my quarter they call it "nutella" ! ;)

AnErare
8th August 2009, 02:44 PM
Eeeh then reply to my message kanar :P Hope you slept well in jail!

Lance
8th August 2009, 08:11 PM
~snip~Lance, please sell your weird stuff you bought recently (sorry to sound like Kigo, but I couldn't restrain myself... you know... Jacky D. lol), except if you're an Ace combat fan (the only reason I would buy one), and join us for the party my friend. ps3 price is about to drop off so why not buying a good wipeout hd machine?~snip~

I explained exactly why not in another thread. :D

kanar
11th August 2009, 07:46 AM
Ok just to keep you all in touch, some news regarding this upcoming event; Silverfoxy sadly couldn't make it (hope you could join us for some races anyway mate), but AnErare will be there to run the show with us. Kigo will host eliminator sessions, and probably other zoners will join him to host the kaboom league soon. As far as I know, Teamlink division event stays unchanged, with the great Archman organizer and his crew. More news soon. S**t I Need training...

archman
11th August 2009, 08:45 AM
I am about to put an announcement for Avalon on Pulse now, Kanar. Everything confirmed. :)
edit: August 21st, Friday, classic Avalon event, the next day, TLD. Ok that way? :)

kanar
11th August 2009, 02:40 PM
I am about to put an announcement for Avalon on Pulse now, Kanar. Everything confirmed. :)
edit: August 21st, Friday, classic Avalon event, the next day, TLD. Ok that way? :)

Yay! Glad to read that mate! I'll try to join you for some races friday, but really not sure. I'm completely out of training on HD, I still don't know how much I could be online for this particular week-end... and you probably remember I was awful last time I played with you on the PSP... Haven't launched pulse for a while now. Aaanyway. I'll do my best to get my a** kicked for some handled races.

archman
21st August 2009, 07:56 AM
I'm about to cancel this weekends TLD, as not enough racers confirmed. I'll host today, probably. If not, I'll surely find a substitution. :)
Btw, it was supposed to be the last TLD in my hosting, as I'm leaving to uni soon (no internet access).

Cheers all. :)

kanar
21st August 2009, 08:13 AM
Cheers Arch, and good luck with the Uni. You did a splendid job with TLD, hope you'll be back on the tracks soon. And what about a slim ps3 in a near future? :rolleyes: Hope so!

(HD) DEBUT SCHEDULED TODAY, 18H00 GMT. HOST CREW : AnErare, Ericd7m, Kigo (eliminator) & me.

(PSP) DEBUT SCHEDULED TODAY, 19H00 GMT. HOST : Archman or a substitute, to be confirmed

archman
21st August 2009, 11:44 AM
Hehe, cheers, kanar. No ps3 for me, though. hehe :)

ACE-FLO
21st August 2009, 11:49 AM
I want a TeamLink event! This sucks!

I can part host avalon pulse but after 9pm gmt+1

Temet
21st August 2009, 07:52 PM
I don't see any avalon room opened...

kanar
22nd August 2009, 10:02 AM
pheeew! great HD session last night guys! First things first, the online mode runs smoothly since Fury, it's obvious. Except some micro-freezes sometimes, the game has been fixed, good thing. Wasn't online for a while eh eh, what a good surprise to unleash all the BRs I want lol. BIG thanks to all the pilots who joined last night, awesome fast pathed action already, and 4am was a good moment to go to bed lol. TcK, I love your Whopper pic lol. The nearest Burger King is at 200 miles from me in Spain lol, I miss these delicious hamburgers...
I'll be back tonight, 18h00 GMT for my part. AnErare will be around probably sooner in the afternoon, and Eric will be back for sunday if I'm correct. Hope to see you all tonight for more!

Big thx to :
Lain-85, TcK, Luna, Leungbok, Z1r0rEi, OLOuk, Matt_XIII_67, Andybob35, JJohnEames, SnakeVCF, NMC31, xTHORGODx, Noeticus, lis777, crazy-old-fool, mixpulin, shtefanrenova, ericd7m, bungaro-toxin, liobandito, reach-big7, terelext, VultureTrousers, themaderfacker, Drakesbane, AK_09, laracroft2me, SaturnReturn, Silverfoxy, Spece2goin, grisekno, mikefive, rivvit, INFINITY_1, JJPAP, tug_14, Step22, pH1974, freedome11, HujKuLla, OtogiZoshi, Hellfire_WZ, gart13, fgdk, Fenaren, Richxyz1, T7Task, cheater21, s0602277, TehRedscar, MakyuraJT, pai_mei300, Ickis, kingheim, chunk496, guggle, seanywauny, klux007, Vartazian, Dr_Binarius, veehell, Danterich, ZoNeS, circuss1905, vakaloka_, brummpahh, juanblaze209, finngers, sebsi001, PhantomMenass, HubTM, AnErare, Jimsin, Aspherex, XBARNSTERX, REDALRT, MuffinMan0, star-scar, Malicious_Wolf, westboy, ngoht, jimmeh2901, boloss06, JAZLVR, chaos80...

KGB
22nd August 2009, 10:26 AM
Hope I can make this later Kanar :g

JJohnEames
22nd August 2009, 10:45 AM
I had alot of fun last night. Its was a great night of racing. Thanks to kanar and eric for hosting.:g Hopefully ill be back on Sunday for more. ;)

Hellfire_WZ
22nd August 2009, 11:02 AM
I'll be back tonight too :)

JJPAP
22nd August 2009, 11:45 AM
Will definately do everything to put the wife to sleep early.
Please, let their be no bloody reality-shows in the telly tonight ...
Thx to Kanar and Eric for hosting.
Beware! Tonight I´ll be aiming for a Perfect Lap on one of the new Fury-tracks :o

kanar
22nd August 2009, 01:15 PM
Will definately do everything to put the wife to sleep early

eh eh Pappy, mine has invited her friends to talk girl stuffs all night, so the TV will be all mine! I'm sharing your feedback regarding the Fury tracks, wow I'll need a lot of time to learn them!
Thanks again guys for last night. Eric was already hot and improved some times (and what a takeover on the fury tracks lol). TcK (fast Amphi rev!), Lain, Hellfire, Kingheim (nice one on metro reverse!!), Leungbok, JJohnEames, reach-big7, andybob, Saturn... OMG everyone who joined was seriously faaast!
Regarding the PSP event, sorry Temet, hope you found a room last night.

Fasterova
22nd August 2009, 03:10 PM
Was fun guys. Hope to see you all on tonight as well. You guys are leagues better than me but its fun practice racing against you all.

jan709
22nd August 2009, 03:18 PM
im trying to get some avalon time saturday evening!

kanar
23rd August 2009, 01:25 PM
errr sorry guys. I've to cancel my little session for today. AnE, eric, thanks for the help friday & saturday, feel free to do what you want today. Sun is shining outside lol. Big thanks to all who joined our sessions. See you.

ericd7
23rd August 2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks for this weekend Kanar :)
Hope you and your hands can rest enough for tomorrow^^
i'm on wipeout atm and can host what u want, not only avalon if you want other mode.
See you soon.

AnErare
23rd August 2009, 02:54 PM
lol

The sun isn't as shiny over here :/

Alright, this weekend is turning out to be a summer's breeze Avalon :) Afterlife gets off lightly.

Yesterday has been a lot of fun though there weren't many people around. A few even started a couple of zone battle sessions. It turned out I actually understand the mode now :)

I've been recording all day yesterday. Will do that today as well. It's not the spectacular action seen in the previous Avalons but I'll upload a couple anyway.

JJPAP
23rd August 2009, 03:07 PM
Well, thx for the couple of hours I played friday and saturday, Kanar :)
To Eric and AnErare as well.

leungbok
23rd August 2009, 03:57 PM
Friday night was great on all the forward tracks. I hope i'll have more time to join on the next "avalon : unexpected" lol.

AG-wolf
23rd August 2009, 06:25 PM
I wish I could have gotten in on this, I really wanted to because this was my last weekend before I head up to college. I've just been too busy with packing and cleaning and organizing crap, plus my PS3 and HDTV are actually packed up to go in storage while I'm at school, so I just couldn't get time :/

Aeroracer
24th August 2009, 12:53 AM
My first go on avalon league..it was really cool playing all the elites.

Played all the reverse's with and without weapons loved every race.I felt i did really well considering.
Cant wait till the next one, i hope to do be even faster for the next one and practice my worst tracks.

Good games to all the fantastic players on tonight :)

AnErare
24th August 2009, 01:18 AM
Thanks for joining in on the action guys! Kanar, you've not missed much but it was a blast anyway :) I think eric started around 1800 GMT+2, I got in an hour later; he stopped at midnight and I went on to 02:00. Not the usual 2x2 per track but a lighter 1x1 or 2x1 weaponsXno-weapons. The added tracks would eat another 1,5 hours for 4,5 hours full monty Avalon, that would have been too much this weekend :P

I'm not thorough like Kanar with posting all that have joined, too lazy. Sorry! Thanks to all who have joined! See you next time :)

There are quite a few video's waiting to be sorted to go to youtube but expect some wicked action. The stillcam's of today are quite worthy to serve as simple video camera's :)

Cheers!

silverfoxy
24th August 2009, 06:25 AM
Nowhere near as much Avalon as I would have liked this weekend. Circumstances conspired against me unfortunately.

Had literally a couple of races Friday night and a couple of hours on Saturday night when exceedingly "refreshed" and not at full concentration.

Still it was good fun as always and thanks to Kanar and AnErare for hosting the races I was in.

I will hope to be about more for the next one !!

ericd7
25th August 2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks a lot for recording AnErare and thanks to all for the sunday's night session :)
It should be in october for me cause i'm in holliday during half of september (Yeah!)
I really hope to see you all next time if Avalon still alive but we MUST do it^^
++

kanar
27th August 2009, 11:51 AM
:rolleyes:... AnE, Eric, huge thanks to you guys. You kept alive the tournament without me, one more day... I've no words for that. AnE, can't wait for some vids. I want to apologize for my desertion after saturday night. I had a kind of complicated week-end in my real life, adding to that my wounded hands + my lack of practice, and I was done before the finish line. I enjoyed a lot the friday and saturday sessions, big thanks to all who joined us for some races.

Now, I must admit I need to think about the future of this tournament. My life has changed since last month, as I said before, and I need to reconsider my vision of this game. Maybe it feels dumb to say that but I lived something really exclusive since feb 2008 with pulse first, and Hd right after. I had... a blast here and with these games, to the point it took a -huge- part in my life. Maybe too much. My real life suffered a lot of this uncontrolled addiction to wipeout. "What goes up most come down"... I spent ages in the speed lap mode to learn each tracks... I tried to compete in the rankings... Time consuming, like never before. I met a lot of nice persons here, some of them became good friends of mine... So this is not a farewell, just a simple goodbye. The so-called break I was continuously talking about is now.
I need to get it together. I need a more balanced life.
I really hope some of you will be interested in organizing something here. (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=41) I believe this league deserve a future, hope you're agreeing with me... Feel free to pm me, or to post in the related thread.
Ok time for me to say you all goodbye for now. See you soon guys. And I wish you a good world cup.

Aeroracer
27th August 2009, 04:20 PM
i will help out and host or do whatever is needed to keep the league going..

:dizzy

SaturnReturn
27th August 2009, 05:34 PM
I had... a blast here and with these games, to the point it took a -huge- part in my life. Maybe too much. My real life suffered a lot of this uncontrolled addiction to wipeout. "What goes up most come down"... I spent ages in the speed lap mode to learn each tracks... I tried to compete in the rankings... Time consuming, like never before.

I understand this fully. More recently I got ridiculously addicted to TT. I saw myself getting good results and it became more important to me than it should have. If I were a college student with lots of spare time, then it probably wouldn't have mattered. But as a 'grown up' with a full time job, it really made no sense to be staying up until 1am every weekday night because I was playing this game. My hands were hurting, the tension in my body was causing me pain elsewhere. I didn't want to admit it was the game, but eventually I had to. So now I'm playing far less, and the pains have gone and I'm sleeping better and am less stressed out. Luckily I've got there without having to give up completely, but what works for me isn't necessarily right for others.

So good luck with your detox kanar. We were just talking in the PSN chatbox the other day about our first Avalon events (me, stinkleroy, TCK, z1r0rEi)...good times. Thanks for the memories. Cheers.:beer

P.S. You don't suck. It's quite the opposite. You...er...blow? No, wait, blow us away with the awesomeness of Avalon! That's better. :)

KGB
27th August 2009, 06:11 PM
I know where you are coming from Kanar/Saturn.

I was completely addicted to this very simple game for a good 6 months, staying up to all hours just for a few more races until it started getting light outside. It was ridiculous really, I never play at night anymore because I know it will happen again. I had to take a break from it all as well as it's probably unhealthy to play as much as I did. My wife was calling herself a 'Wipeout Widow' :g which was was a fair comment really.Hope you feel better for taking a break for a while. Good luck :+

KIGO1987
27th August 2009, 07:23 PM
He sorry i couldnt attend any Avalon events this time round Oliver.

Had a 21st on. Plus a few all nighters, pissups from dusk til dawn.

Things are extremely busy for i, on this part of the globe.

Might be working in the mines sooner than i thought.

Aeroracer
21st October 2009, 11:40 PM
avalon league should carry on..

players help it continue..

it's good way to meet up for quality games..

i will host a avalon game this weekend

if anyone else wants to get the league up and running please say

..i do ..cos i need lots of practice :nod

please leave feedback..

thankyou:)

blackwiggle
23rd October 2009, 12:49 PM
You have a good point ,we haven't had a Avalon meet in what seems ages.:+

Thing is though ,these meets,to be successful, need a bit of notice.

I suggest starting another separate Avalon thread with proposed dates and a GMT starting time and who will be hosting [initially in any case].

Have a look [just a suggestion :D ] at how Kanar has built his previous first posts for upcoming Avalon meets for ideas.

This weekend has the final deciding races in the World Cup ,so I think the top racers are going to be preoccupied with that.

Maybe the first weekend of Nov would be your best shot at getting a good turn out.[having - Avalon with a date - ] on your comments keeps people reminded that it's on as well ;)