PDA

View Full Version : SILVERSTREAM!!

Harvai
7th November 2002, 06:59 AM
i can't beat silverstream! if somebody could help me...

Wiseman
7th November 2002, 07:44 AM
Yeah, Silverstream is hard.

My suggestions.

A)Use AG Sys
B)Use weapons often.
C)on the first split, I would advise going left.
D)on the last split, go left. Do not, under any circumstances whatsoever, go right. That is unless you enjoy losing ;)

On the middle split, it doesn't really matter, some peope like going right, because it makes taking the left at the next split easier, I however, believe that the right way offers a better curve and better turbo placement, therefore if you do it right, you can shave off a few milliseconds off your time. However, I will admit it's harder to do right, and doesn't really make any difference when trying to beat the CPU. It's up to you.

Hope those help. :)

Task
7th November 2002, 03:26 PM
Funny, I always go _right_ on the first split...
Of interesting note: Silverstream is the only track I've seen that really shows the power of FEISAR. The AG Sys is good for Venom, but if you're tackling Rapier then I'd suggest that you fly the mighty F.
The trick to Silverstream is taking the correct split (I assume that you can go right at the last split if you're flying Qirex and it's faster because it's straighter, but I've never been able to test that theory 'cause I can't fly the purple brick through this course) and learning how to use the boost pads. They're placed in some very interesting locations, notably the double (or is it triple?) boost before the hard left at the end of the cave. If you take those boosts, you hafta hold down the airbrake when you hit them so that you come out of the cave right.
With practice, you can learn how to hit all the boost pads (and none of the walls!) and then coming in 1st isn't so tough anymore. Remember to use nose control for the hilly sections, or you'll bottom out and lose speed.
Good Luck!

Wiseman
12th November 2002, 04:57 AM
'cause I can't fly the purple brick through this coursePurple? Wrong Wipeout, Jay! ;)

Task
12th November 2002, 05:17 AM
To me, the Qirex will always be The Purple Brick, regardless of pilot paint job! 8 D

zargz
12th November 2002, 03:40 PM
go right in the middle split! 8)

Wiseman
15th November 2002, 07:15 AM
believe that the right way offers a better curve and better turbo placementDoh! >_< I meant the left spilt for the middle, LOL, that part of the post didn't even make sense. :lol

zargz
16th November 2002, 01:16 AM
Funny, I always go _right_ on the first split...

u gotta b kidding!! :o

Of interesting note: Silverstream is the only track I've seen that really shows the power of FEISAR. The AG Sys is good for Venom, but if you're tackling Rapier then I'd suggest that you fly the mighty F.

u gotta b kidding!! 2 ( or 'u gotta b kidding!! the return' )
:D

Lance
16th November 2002, 02:31 AM
whatever works. i think phantom_class is going to have to find out what works for him [?] instead of what works for you guys. there is clearly no consensus as to which way to go at the splits. i didn't have a functioning version of the game to figure out my fave way. but i didn't think silverstream was especially harder than some of the other tracks. i never did see firestar.

xeik, i'm with zargz on wanting to see a screenshot

zargz
16th November 2002, 02:55 AM
there is clearly no consensus as to which way to go at the splits..
ooh but there IS lance! :wink:
on the 1st and 3rd split it's way too long 2go right, the middle going right aligns u perfect
for the speed ups b4 the 3rd split 8)

i didn't have a functioning version of the game to figure out my fave way. .
I'm sure sOmebody here can help u with that! :o

Lance
16th November 2002, 03:12 AM
oops, i shoulda proofread that one. what i meant to say was that i didn't have a functioning version of the game for LONG enough to figure it out.

um.... that would only work if the game were free, as i am [embarassed blush] pretty much cashless at this point, a situation not likely to improve soon. but i brought it on myself, soooo i live with the consequences. anyway, i like xl and 3 way better.

Piranha Advancements
16th November 2002, 06:21 AM
I adore Silverstream.I prefer the left and left routes however.Sets up a nice racing line for me.Just gotta practice I guess.

With Feisar and AG,you dont need the brakes at all for most of the track except for the S-turns near the end.I just feel that this track is meant for AG.I'm mostly a Qirex user and it ain't a problem for me anymore to get 2 or 3 perfect laps and when I decided to switch to AG,I was surprised at how it turns so well for this track.

So just practice a lot.

Wiseman
16th November 2002, 06:44 AM
Yeah, I'm with zargz here, especially on that last split.

Even Nick himself once said that the right route at the last split is significantly longer, and that it was a mistake on his part (I believe it's somewhere on the old W3PA forums).

xeik, i'm with zargz on wanting to see a screenshotWhat? :o

I do believe you are trying to make too many posts at one time Lance, as that sounds like a reply for the "I bought my second copy" thread in the Wipeout 3 forum. ;)

Lance
16th November 2002, 07:24 AM
you are indeed correct.
i am a dedicated bandwidth saver. not to mention trying to keep my extravagant number of posts down

[location of potential comment which might or might not be in wrong topic]

[location of potential comment which might or might not be in wrong topic]

Dragon
31st December 2002, 06:13 PM
sigh, i just found a rare perfect copy of this game at Gsmestop, for @4.00, i can place first at everything but SILVERSTREAM I HATE THIS TRACK i buy the first edition of Wipeout and then they have to go and piss me off with SIVERSTREAM, why didn't u guys make this in a harder class, VENOM is supposed to be the easiest lol.

Harvai
2nd January 2003, 11:35 AM
HAH thanks ppl i'll give these tricks a shot! :D
by the wat, anybody done the cheats to unlock Rapier and the Firestorm track yet?
Good God there hard! :evil:

McConnor
24th June 2003, 03:34 PM
hum silverstar hard...practice :wink:

i go left.. then right, and right at least :wink: need to use well the brakes...with the Q-rex..with the Ag-system ne need exept at the end :wink:

[edit myself: confusion with left and right...]

Thirst go to left, easy and faster use the brakes with the Qirex at the end of the split.
When you arrive to the second split chose right. With a turbo and the brakes you can pass on all the accelerate arrows to do top speed. (amazing speed :wink: )

The end of the last split secction is hard. use all the time the brakes!

amber
11th August 2003, 05:38 AM
Bwhaaa...I have a quite biased relationship with Silverstream...sometimes I *really* hate it, but when I get the right "flow" through it, it's one of the best tracks in WipEout. I never got to win gold on it thou - maybe I'm not working it right. I obviously goes left in the first fork, right in the second and then, in the last one goes *right* - that's because of the four speedup-pads in the uphill part and then the rapid turns after the gap. Someone tell me the benefits of going through that other pain-in-the-ass-part?

/amber

zargz
11th August 2003, 10:34 AM
well, it's shorter/quicker!
try it u might get a gold! (^_^)b

McConnor
19th August 2003, 11:05 PM
yeah that's right :P

pinkturkey
21st August 2003, 12:59 PM
That track is phenomenally difficult, I dont think I've ever come 1st on it yet. I've only played the pc version of wipeout though. Rapier league is the faster league? Venom I think was alright but rapier was just ridiculously fast. I havent played this in ages.

Whats firestorm like? I think thats hidden track but I dont think you can unlock it on the pc version...

Piranha Advancements
21st August 2003, 01:43 PM
It is the big massive.With nice big curves and mountains.Okay so maybe I dont remember the mountain parts in there but think of the track like a hot female that needs to be tamed.

Truth!

McConnor
23rd August 2003, 10:10 AM
Firestrom is hard at first part, but then very very fast, it's the speedest tracks of all the wipeout games :wink:

Not realy difficult, but extremely speedy

Jay
15th September 2003, 08:48 PM
Hi there,

Here's my definitive guide to beating SilverStream. Eight years on, I've FINALLY completed this first WipE'out" !! It's been an excellent game, extremely difficult, in fact, the hardest one, yet very rewarding. So because I'm in such a good 'celebrating' mood, I thought I'd give you a hand. :wink:

I've got gold on SilverStream through the F3600 Championship for both the Venom and Rapier Leagues, and have been placed top of both Time Trial charts in the game, so I must be doing something right. Here goes:

1. You are at a HUGE advantage if you get the turbo boost off the starting grid. To do this, accelerate until the thrust meter reaches the second level from the end. Keep at this level until the announcer says 'Go!', and you'll easily overtake two other craft even before you reach the first intersection.

2. I've experimented with using all combinations of routes, and the following route through the track has PROVEN to be the most beneficial. Go LEFT at the first, and use the right airbrake a little to correct yourself after the speed pads located at the next junction. Carry on to the end and you reach...

3. ... the sharpest corner of the whole Wipeout series!! Start airbraking left AS SOON AS you hit the line of speed up pads and hold as you make the turn and do the full 180ยบ around the bend. You will make it without pinballing if you start airbraking AT THE PADS!!

4. In Time Trial, it's best to use your '1 speed boost per lap' on this slow, uphill section of track before...

5. ... you need to turn RIGHT at the second intersection (a left turn results in too much time being wasted changing gradient). Use the speed up pad and then...

6. ... turn RIGHT at the third and final intersection! This is the only intersection where both routes take the same amount of time to complete. However, the right route is highly recommended as it takes less effort and results in generally, a less-stressful ride!

7. Through the series of three sharpish turns I always perform a quick tap of the airbrakes to see me through. It's necessary to turn more quickly here as the abundance of speed pads make the stretch harder to pass without tapping the sides.

8. The intersections meet up again before the final stretch to the finish line. Perform a hard airbrake right followed by a gentle airbrake left to see you through the difficult combination of speed pads and a considerable right bend.

And that's how I do it! My highly-recommended path through SilverStream. I'm gonna launch my new and improved Wipeout site soon which will have similar details for other tracks. Keep checking the LinkZone, and best of luck with SilverStream! :D

xEik
15th September 2003, 09:13 PM
As you may have read in this thread, most people consider the final left route faster, although harder to master.

Medusa
10th April 2007, 05:03 PM
Turbo start, right, left, left. The end.:D
What an old thread, hehee.

lunar
21st April 2007, 02:39 PM
sorry to disapoint everyone, but left - right - left is the only way! ;) :D

ahurst
21st May 2007, 02:42 PM
No, left, left, right!
Use your elevators to nose-up into the climb, and stay off the airbrakes through the final corners.

q_dmc12
21st May 2007, 11:06 PM
wow, I can't wait to get home and try these:banzai

Task
21st May 2007, 11:47 PM
No, left, left, right!
I'm afraid that if you want anyone to believe that the right fork is the fastest,
you're going to have to prove it with a time of better than 1:30.
Actually, enter whatever time you can manage, we'd be interested to know. (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/records.php?game_id=12&mode_id=2&track_id=64&filter=all&type_id=2&limit=10&action=display_records&sub_action=&x=40&y=44)

Lance
22nd May 2007, 02:10 AM
I drove that track today. Holy effin s, that track is hard. It likes to accelerate you into a wall just when you need to make the corner and are trying to fly the best line.

q_dmc12
26th May 2007, 04:31 AM
No, left, left, right!
Use your elevators to nose-up into the climb, and stay off the airbrakes through the final corners.

I agree with you on this one, it is the fastest route - I finally finished silverstream in the top 3 with L,L,R and I am shaking woooh!!:cold:D

Asayyeah
26th May 2007, 01:36 PM
I am also working on it : pretty hard track but i followed Lunar's advices and go LRL doing not so bad result for Pal

Lance
26th May 2007, 02:42 PM
I think I went left left left. The track is a bit confused [or is that me?] because it's all ice ice ice and the boostpads visually blend with the ice, and it has all those blind turns [or not] just over the hilltops. Blarg.

q_dmc12
26th May 2007, 08:17 PM
LLR has the fewest sharp turn imho:paperbag

Asayyeah
27th May 2007, 02:49 PM
Avoid the final R , Ben, get the left route which is far shorter even it's harder. So if you decide to test that way , make it sure to get the right at 2nd split so you ll easily following a straight line to the final left route.

lunar
27th May 2007, 11:16 PM
go right in the middle split! 8)

on the 1st and 3rd split it's way too long 2go right, the middle going right aligns u perfect

As ever, listen to Zargz.:mr-t

Left is the only choice on the 1st and 3rd splits. The other routes are just slower. Given that you want to go left on the final split, going right on the 2nd split enables you to tear into it across a double speed pad. I think this bit is also the most fun bit of the whole game, apart from the 2x triple speed pads into tightening corner near the end of Korodera, maybe . :rock

q_dmc12
28th May 2007, 01:36 AM
Avoid the final R , Ben, get the left route which is far shorter even it's harder. So if you decide to test that way , make it sure to get the right at 2nd split so you ll easily following a straight line to the final left route.

I tried and did not like it - LLR is the best for me8)

EDIT: still experimenting with RLR though...

stin
30th June 2007, 09:53 PM
I think I went left left left. The track is a bit confused [or is that me?] because it's all ice ice ice and the boostpads visually blend with the ice, and it has all those blind turns [or not] just over the hilltops. Blarg.

I did tried to go right in the middle and I actually did`nt like it so I stayed left all the way! and I did felt comfortable that way.

And yes on the last left part is extremely difficult to master but will get there in the end.

stevie:)

RJ O'Connell
1st July 2007, 02:13 AM
I just go left-right-left. Then I let skill do the rest - easing off the accelerator in the hairpins, for example.