PDA

View Full Version : Racing outside the track?

MR-RICO84
10th July 2009, 08:07 PM
I am confused by people shooting of the track on ubermall reverse and reappearing ahead (so they are not restarting) is this actually happening or is it a glitch giving the appearance of this. It seems to happen after the first corner (reappearing before the chicane) after the hill (so they appear to be flying strait through the split) and then again the last before the finish line. It looks like they are flying through the wall and then back through it again. Or are these short cuts.
I cant find any videos of these if they are short cuts.

OBH
10th July 2009, 08:12 PM
ask and you shall recieve
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_y4V2OXGAw :)

IH8YOU
10th July 2009, 08:13 PM
That's a shortcut they're taking - and a byproduct of lag - as the game software normally doesn't anticipate them going that route - and it has to quickly render their new position - which makes them appear to be flying through the wall - or vanishing into thin air only to reappear.

To do this particular shortcut - you boost at the BOTTOM of the hill - barrel roll - and land on the track - effectively cutting the chicane out entirely. Look for Ubermall Shortcut in youtube - something will pop up.

MR-RICO84
10th July 2009, 08:22 PM
thanks for clearing that up chaps, thanks to you both! love the music in the vid by the way.

IH8YOU
10th July 2009, 08:24 PM
Cold Storage FTW! Same person who made the music from the Original Wipeout - from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day.

And I think that's about the only song I don't have from Tim Wright. Which I plan on fixing soon. ;)

Aeroracer
10th July 2009, 08:29 PM
ask and you shall recieve
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_y4V2OXGAw :)

WoW. I just watched that video. That player is really skillful. he makes it look easy. I would love to be able to play that well.:hyper

MR-RICO84
10th July 2009, 09:07 PM
going to spotify that bad boy right now!

sny
10th July 2009, 09:09 PM
Same here, I feel like a complete newb when looking at DD's Goteki45 runs. :rolleyes:

EDIT: This was in response to Jasmin-jade of course...

tug_14
10th July 2009, 09:43 PM
u re talking about our races , rico?

MR-RICO84
10th July 2009, 09:54 PM
Yes I am.
I am not implying cheating, I choose the wording of my questions very carefully. I am just looking for info on what is happening. I know that a quick inquiry on WZ saves many hours of you tubing and sound feedback on any short cuts etc... Its just I noticed people going on crazy routes on sol 2 reverse then again on ubermall reverse and I wanted to know exactly how it was done or whether it was just lag!

tug_14
10th July 2009, 10:54 PM
well dunno, i' ve not seen any ship in front of me ;)

but, lag is why u saw other ship out of the track, no cheat and some shortcuts , that"s all

MR-RICO84
10th July 2009, 11:06 PM
precisely what I was trying to find out. Really, after the first 2 posts the rest of the thread becomes redundant.

Apart from me in a couple of them there darg gon races.

Lightlord
12th July 2009, 12:05 PM
you can do that shortcut without a turbo it just requires quick reflexes to turn with the chicane a bit to straighen up for the second br.

IH8YOU
14th July 2009, 11:05 AM
About that music....

http://www.icecubes.org.uk/mp3/Puggsy2007.mp3

That's legit - FYI.

yeldar2097
14th July 2009, 07:52 PM
you can do that shortcut without a turbo it just requires quick reflexes to turn with the chicane a bit to straighen up for the second br.

Eh? What do you mean? Isn't that just the normal way of doing it?
Do correct me if I'm wrong, I'm always up for going faster ;)