PDA

View Full Version : Help request (custom soundtracks)

Aeroracer
6th July 2009, 06:39 PM
I am having trouble putting my music into the game. I got some tracks off of my pc and put them onto a usb stick and pluged it into ps3, but ps3 says there are no music tracks on usb stick. It had mp3 and wma songs on it.

What am i doing wrong.

thx

mdhay
6th July 2009, 07:22 PM
I think you need to give more information.

SaturnReturn
6th July 2009, 07:33 PM
I think you need to have the right folder structure for the ps3. Try putting it in a folder called music. If that doesn't work, try hitting triangle and selecting show all. Then you can view all folders on the flash drive. That will allow you to copy it to the ps3. It has to be on the ps3 hard drive to work, I think. Also, I don't think wma files wrk with WipEout HD custom soundtracks.

Danterich
6th July 2009, 07:39 PM
and i think you have put it into too much folders! 1 folder is maximum what the ps3 recogizes. ROOT->MUSIC->FOLDER->mp3 file i guess this is it, and don´t forget to tag your mp3 correctly, to find ´em ingame!

Darkdrium777
6th July 2009, 07:43 PM
The music needs to be on the PS3 hard drive.
To find your music, select your USB stick icon on the XMB (Interface) then press the triangle button and select Display All. Find your music in the folders you have on your stick, and then copy it to the PS3 hard drive.
After inside the game, either in the main menu or in a race, go to the options, audio options, and select your custom music playlist from there. It can either be a folder with music tracks inside, or a playlist you created on the PS3 with music tracks from various folders. :) Give it a shot in Zone mode after xD

Aeroracer
6th July 2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks,

Thats really helpfull

i will try it now.