PDA

View Full Version : Profile problem - please help!

jimsin
5th July 2009, 02:12 AM
Sorry to be asking for help, but I'm having a big problem, and don't know where to turn.

I've been playing Wipeout HD constantly for weeks now - switched off the system this afternoon - switched it back on this evening, but Wipeout HD saw me as a new player (got tips screens, licence agreement etc.)

I had an gold elite trophy for all but nine of the campaign events, but now it sees me as a new player, and all but first two campaign races are locked. Ships are also locked as if I was playing for the first time.

I assumed that I must somehow have been logged in on a different profile - but on checking, I am still logged in as myself.

I can see my trophies - my records show up on the friends view - I thought that I'd try running a novice race to see what would happen, and to my horror the race time I achieved seems to have overwritten the one that was there before (still in same profile name).

It's as if Wipeout HD sees me as a completely new user with the same name as I had before - the only memories it has of me are my trophies, and the records I set previously (which it seems to think were set by somebody else with the same name).

Was wondering if anybody else has had this problem, or have any suggestions as to how to fix it?

Darkdrium777
5th July 2009, 02:21 AM
Did you shut the system off while it was autosaving? (Icon in the upper right of the screen)
If so, your save file was corrupted. If you didn't make a back up, you will have to start over.

jimsin
5th July 2009, 02:26 AM
Oh dear ... looks like you're right - in 'Saved Data Utility' it shows that I have no medals, and there's a corrupted data entry. I shiver to think how many hours it took me to get those medals. Not sure I can face starting over again :(

Many thanks for taking the time to tell me ... if anybody is reading this, then be ultra careful not to shut down your PS3s during saving. I don't recall doing that, but I assume it must be what's happened :(

silverfoxy
5th July 2009, 09:03 AM
Jimsin - this has happened to me (on more than 1 occasion) frustratingly.

All your old scores and times will be saved on the system but as you say all the campaign is locked again and you have to open everything up. If it helps at all your online kills towards AG Assassin will be stored.

When playing through the campaign again you should find it to be a lot easier than before and it really doesn't take that long to whizz through again even on Elite.

Good luck with it.

jimsin
5th July 2009, 11:28 AM
Many thanks to you also for such an encouraging reply - sorry to hear you had the same problem as me, but your positive outlook is quite inspiring.

I was particularly concerned about the online records being reset - but yes, they aren't affected. My biggest worry now is that this will mess up the Elite Campaign Legend trophy I've been working towards, but I'm thinking that it should be fine.

Managed to work through first two sections of campaign on elite quite quickly last night, although the Chenghou Project race still eludes me. It's quite embarassing being unable to get a gold at such slow speeds when you're used to zipping around on Phantom!

Still, it's not the end of the world, and like you say, it's not going to take as long this time, so I'll knuckle down and get on with it.

Thanks again to you both for helpful/kind words. I'll keep an eye out for you on the track!!

kaori
5th July 2009, 11:45 AM
You should sometimes put your save on an USB key or a PSP if you have one ;)

jimsin
5th July 2009, 08:16 PM
You should sometimes put your save on an USB key or a PSP if you have one ;)

Good advice - guess it takes something like this to happen before you feel the need to take such a precaution though :S

I'll definitely be doing it when I get close to the point I was at last time.