PDA

View Full Version : Love..................

Feisar
4th November 2002, 10:59 PM
who here knows about love?

zargz
5th November 2002, 12:34 AM
so there r no Xperts on the matter in 'The middle of Kentucky'?

well, since no body else .. *looking around* .. is stepping 4ward ..
I'll have 2do :D

what's trubeling u heart, my friend?

zargz
5th November 2002, 12:38 AM
btw the answer 2 u Q is nobody REAlly knows about it ..
but may b lance more than others coz of hiz bigger lifeXperience ..
but yet again .. may b .. not ..
not a big help, huh?

Feisar
5th November 2002, 01:37 AM
your help was all i needed :D :wink: :wink: :wink: :)

Lance
5th November 2002, 02:15 AM
i might know a little about infatuation and obsession, but my experience of mutual romantic love wouldn't fill a demitasse

infoxicated
5th November 2002, 08:23 AM
What's a demitasse?

Hmmm, over to dictionary.com for me...

dem·i·tasse Pronunciation Key (dm-ts, -täs)
n.
1. A small cup of strong black coffee or espresso.
2. The small cup used to serve this drink.

Oh... that!... tsk - I knew what that was.

Gee - one of them is rather small...! ;)

All kidding aside - what's your problem, man?

A problem shared is a problem halfed... or something. :)

Feisar
5th November 2002, 02:03 PM
this girl i know is exactly like me in every way. we come from the same background, she likes movies like Fight Club, Silence of the lambs trilogy, and Trainspotting. i mean just the littlest things, we have in common! and some big things! Too me, little things mean more than big things because if your just dating a girl for big things, the little things will bug the crap out of you i.e. "all the small things - Blink 182"
The thing is though, i choke everytime im around her, shes so beautiful, so........blah!
i go into a sublimal image just looking at her, and when i talk to her online, im in a Halcyon.

HELP ME! HELP ME!!!! ME NEEDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME NEEDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :wink:

Lance
5th November 2002, 03:37 PM
you don't have to get lost in an idolising haze, or paralysed by being caught between need on the one hand and fear of failure to get it on the other. do not put anyone on a pedestal to worship their untouchable perfection. no one is perfect. no one! do not let your gonads desire for reproduction or your emotional need for returned love convince you otherwise! relax.... she's just another human, and in that sense, is very much like you regardless of the smaller characteristics of personality that can make or break a relationship. people that one lusts or loves after are still 'just folks', even the ones who don't think so. ;)
and btw, do not be fooled by a high level of similarity to yourself. this is not always desirable. some is, yes, because even in a short term relationship, you have to understand and sympathise with each other on some level, but some of those similarities may be the very flaws you possess yourself, and doubling them by being with someone else who has the same ones is not a good thing.

as to your immediate problem, just treat her like a friend, not a goddess. any relationship is going to depend not just on your desires, but on those of the other person. if you're not what the other person desires, then it isn't going to work, no matter how much you want it to; but you shouldn't feel bad about it if it doesn't, just remember that ideals don't exist in reality, that's why they're ideas. just move on.

Myke_AG_Sys™
5th November 2002, 07:06 PM
Love.Is.Bitter-Sweet™

HentaiBoy
5th November 2002, 08:02 PM
I just broke up with a girl who I had been with (and loved) for more than a year last friday. She suddenly just stopped...wanting me around. When I really wanted to see her and be with her when she came home from college, she said "I'd rather be alone tonight. Actually, from now on because I don't know what I want from you anymore." All I know now is that I'm in pain and periodically cry about it. I was just suddenly cut off from love. Because I think it's the connection to another person that is strong and can be felt from anywhere, to give you strength wherever you go, wheather they are near or not. I'm missing that right now...

zargz
5th November 2002, 11:42 PM
hentaiboy: ouch! that's rough!! :-?

feisar: u no what they (ppl) say 'oppsite atrax'! or was it opposites atracts ? .. anyway !
I was with my x for 7 years all we had in common was music - I met her in a music school.
we didnt like the same movies had different opinion on mAAAny matters ..
but we were good friend and stil are. I learned alot fr her I guess she did fr me too (I hope)
@the end she met somebody else (I was in thailand for 6months) with her own values
interests taste in things (movies and so) so she told me we talked about it and so we split
as friends .. what I wanna say is that perhaps it's not so bad that u r alike ..
u & her :)
tell me can u make her laugh?
coz if u do - then u got nothing to worry about :D that's my Xperience of it! :wink:
and also .. haha I was about to say 'act casual' it's fr a movie :D :D :D
just dont try 2 b somebody else = some1 u think she wants u 2 b ..
b u self coz that's what she's gonna get when (IF) u get 2gether
and if u feel that u make her bell ring as she does 2 u
and u can c it in her eyes and bla bla bla so man, u got nothing 2lose
go 4it ! BUT go sloowly!
ladys'n jentlmnz, thank u very much!! u have been a wonderfull audience!
*takes a bow*
:wink:
my 2 euro-cents

Feisar
5th November 2002, 11:59 PM
your right?! it could actually work! and Lance is right too... whats wrong with being her friend, and that other dude who lost his girl suddenly, your right too!!!!!!!!
you can feel there compassion anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORUMS RULE!
:lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

Lance
6th November 2002, 02:28 AM
zargz: about being yourself. exactly so! trying to be what the other person needs will never work. if you fake being someone other than what you really are, you will never be happy. and that will make the other person unhappy as well

DJ Techno
6th November 2002, 06:40 PM
all I can say is... 8)

Don't end up like me
in love relationships

Nope... no kids :D
"glad for that at my age"

Yep...too many girls at one time :lol:
" a little disappointed at my age"

Fallen in love with 18 girls in six years, I have gone out and dated seven of them, the rest I am still talking to, any in the bed :oops: , "No Comment" :P , my own friends think of me as a Player, I don't think so.
Sorry I can't be what a girls wants from me, I'll be myself and see how it goes or last.
I like to treat everygirl I meet with...like a girl friend, and don't tell them my feelings about them until a few months of getting to know her.

Feisar
6th November 2002, 07:37 PM
i am 14 and i havent had a girlfriend for over a year and a half. ive learned alot in that time, about infatuation, lust, and greed.
to me, the right person is someone you can talk to for hours and not get bored, and they not get bored either. Having interesting conversations and liking being there with them (both sides).
one of my teachers at church told me this,
Doug Wachs

the only way to see if shes good enough, is to spend a weekend with her and her parents. that really brings out the best in them! and vice versa

DJ Techno
6th November 2002, 07:41 PM
Feisar 8)
Don't worrie you'll find
the right Kentucky girl... :)

your young and .... :D
Just wait or when you get in HIgh School don't worrie about it
you'll find a lot of girls who will like you. :)

xEik
6th November 2002, 11:04 PM
Unless you choose engineering :lol:

I did :cry:

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

HentaiBoy
7th November 2002, 01:15 AM
Does that apply to Physics too? =/

I always had a problem with "Will I ever find the right girl?" Well I don't think I will exactly. I think the right girl will find me, hoping that when people say that, it's true. Just the time you have to wait I bet is varied based on how social you are.

DJ Techno
7th November 2002, 12:16 PM
Unless you choose engineering "xEik"

What type of Engineering? :-?
If its a good field of Engineering, then you shouldn't be havening to much trouble getting a lady :)

auslander
7th November 2002, 05:05 PM
the words of advice i can share come from the great Bob Marely:

"No woman, No cry"

^_~

aus!

xEik
7th November 2002, 06:42 PM
In the Politechnic University of Catalonia, which is mainly located in Barcelona and where I studied until I moved to France for my last year, all engineering degrees have a female percentage of about 10%. Architecture is left aside since it's not truly engineering but they have quite a better percenatge. Between 35 and 40% I'd say.
The fact is that this percentage doesn't give you the chance to meet so many girls in the campus, so the best option is to meet them somewhere else. Not to say that female engineers 'do' know that they are scarce and, therefore, highly valued. I never wanted to enter the 'We are few, you are many, we will do with you as we wish' game.

Mine is Telecommunication engineering. I think the deffinition of this is quite European and doesn't exist in the USA. It would be a mix of Electrical engineering and Computer engineering: antennae, networks, mobile phones, transmission with microwaves, microdevice programming,all kind of circuits, digital signal, image processing, data compression, that kind of stuff. :roll: :P

Feisar
8th November 2002, 11:59 AM
ok, wow!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops: :wink:

xEik
8th November 2002, 04:21 PM
I was rereading my post and, sh*t, it does sound vain and conceited. The lack of intonation in written words can cheat even the most veteran posters, making their statements sound what they aren't. :P
Every engineering student has a bit oversized selfesteem, though. :roll: :-?

Sven
8th November 2002, 10:58 PM
I don't really have experience with "real" relationships with girls, as I have made a decision to wait until college to get into that sort of thing (cause high school relationships don't have a reputation for working out).

I do have several girl friends though (more of them than guy friends actually). I just treat them as I would anybody else (well, maybe not EXACTLY the same, but still), and we get along fine.

Don't get me wrong, I do have my fantasies about dating (and beyond) several girls I know, but I haven't decided to take that step yet. I'm happy with the way things are right now.

anyway, my advice is to treat them as an equal, and become casual friends with them. When you feel the time is right (when you know them well enough), (and when you KNOW she's readily available), just ask her out.
That's what I would do.