PDA

View Full Version : The most ridiculous thing, ever.

Cerium
3rd July 2009, 11:52 PM
I figured some of you would enjoy some more of the bad luck I have when playing this game.

Chengou reverse. After the RBR corner, managed to clip a bomb and got sent off the edge. Respawned just in time to catch a quake... and get thrown off the edge. Respawn again directly on a bomb which then threw me against the nub and then off the track.

I'm pretty sure I was ahead of him at the time, but I blame Wotan for most of this. I will get that kill I promised you, wowo. I will... Eventually...

:D

chboing
3rd July 2009, 11:59 PM
ahahaha :)

RedScar
4th July 2009, 06:15 AM
Thats just bad luck, but we all have been there. lol :P

MAMUTH
4th July 2009, 06:29 AM
holy crap and i thought me being quaked 20 meters from finish line was a bad luck :lol

PainAndTears
4th July 2009, 06:35 AM
yeah when i was going for the arcade perfect trophy, the AI destroyed me twice. once with a missile and once with a plasma bolt. and today online someone destroyed me on Vineta K reverse, and the game spawned me in the pit 4 times in a row. And surprisingly I still wasn't last place. LOL I have had a lot of bad luck online lately. I wish I had my games recorded so you could see the abuse I take lol.

kanar
4th July 2009, 08:52 AM
Ah ah Cerium this is exactly the type of thing I'm experiencing each time I'm hosting for a bunch. I'm really too much intoxicated with speed lap myself, so the "Ping Rulez" thing makes me racing online like a clown most of the times. We're all experiencing these crazy moments, struggling for not rage quitting ah ah. And sometimes a deux ex machina thing happens, you're suddenly feeling like playing offline for one race, and you're enjoying a great moment. Wipeout is an awesome game cos' the online universe is global. But we still don't have all this ****ing optic fiber gah. Can't wait ah ah

xxShivenxx
4th July 2009, 10:53 AM
thought i'd just add to the thread of woe...

raced through sebenco reverse (my final track for my final trophy - arcade perfect) and i came first...

cept i drawed for first place...

i didn't get the damn trophy...

i didn't get my platnum...

and i can't do it again :brickwall

i know how you feel Cerium... :bomb (there needs to be a controller snapping emote...)

bik3rluke
4th July 2009, 03:19 PM
Haha, unlucky.

Handmadelion
4th July 2009, 05:40 PM
Thats just bad luck, but we all have been there. lol :P

SO true. I remember being on my game a few days back. In a feisar, on Vineta K forward. And I was doing so good, I lapped a craft, which proceeded to rocket me, then I got missile'd, then I ended up with a third place finish.

MAMUTH
4th July 2009, 08:24 PM
this happened to me today...last lap on chenghou, second place, energy critical going crazy and im like 2 meters from first guy. Punched that turbo ive been saving, but crushing straight into wall. Fortunately my wreckage had enough momentum to fly thru finish line and be on the first place!!! i was like WHAT???!!!:O

ProblemSolver
4th July 2009, 08:59 PM
On the race to zone 100 on Anulpha Pass, which was a very tough one to
say at least, I was on a very very good run, already close to zone 100,
as a fruit fly crossed my LCD all of a sudden. I couldn't even recover! xD

blackwiggle
4th July 2009, 10:40 PM
Last night ,Avalon,Ubermall,start the race,running second,bomb dropped directly in front of me just before track splits,run straight into bomb,full impact into wall,sitting there with a sign over my head saying "Shoot Me", get missiled then quaked.
Not the best first 500m of a race that I have even had.

stinkleroy
5th July 2009, 10:25 AM
Yep, every other race is like that for me. Crazy weapons :( I gotta say the thing I hate the most is leading the whole race for 5 laps and then slamming into a bomb that someone at the back of the pack has left for me. Whhyyyy?? This happened to me on Metropia rev the other day. Last lap, 2.5 seconds ahead, last big corner, 2 bombs one after another...4th place finish. I think my controller took most of the punishment :g

leungbok
5th July 2009, 04:46 PM
Remember the last race of our double ladder match, cat ;)
Whhyyyy?? :g

Handmadelion
5th July 2009, 06:30 PM
Tip for the day: Never autopilot what would be the last part of the race.

I saw a bomb for like six seconds and I was panicking and there was nothing that I could do about it. I had to watch the autopilot drive like a dumbass right into it. Race was over and I gave up first place for it.

blackwiggle
6th July 2009, 12:19 AM
You can cancel Autopilot while it is active,or only partially use it,which even description makes more sense to you,just press the absorb button and it will stop.

Handmadelion
6th July 2009, 03:24 AM
I had not known that. But I'll change my tip anyway. Never "trust" an autopilot to finish a race. :P

Vartazian
6th July 2009, 03:42 AM
Oh Crap, I always do that, I just press AP then look away and type on the compy if I gotta finish the race

Assuming its not that close that is....

afatsuoM
6th July 2009, 11:19 AM
thought i'd just add to the thread of woe...

raced through sebenco reverse (my final track for my final trophy - arcade perfect) and i came first...

cept i drawed for first place...

i didn't get the damn trophy...

i didn't get my platnum...

and i can't do it again :brickwall

i know how you feel Cerium... :bomb (there needs to be a controller snapping emote...)

This happened to me too. I played al the tracks in the normal order and didn't get the trophy. Had to back-track through almost all the reverse tracks (winning them a second time!) and found out I had missed one: AP reverse.

By the way, sometimes you can get incredibly lucky (in stead of unlucky). I managed to win CP reverse getting auto pilots just before the sharpest turn of the track, 4 laps out of 5. :o

stinkleroy
6th July 2009, 11:45 AM
Remember the last race of our double ladder match, cat ;)
Whhyyyy?? :g

Haha Leung...well after so many draws I decided to be tactical. And it worked :p :g

LOUDandPROUD
6th July 2009, 12:51 PM
@ Vartazian - Well, with the huge leads you generally get, it usually isn't. :+

Handmadelion
6th July 2009, 05:04 PM
Todays most ridiculous thing ever

Some amazing races today with L&P. But man, did bad luck ever have it in for me. Every race all of the well-placed bombs (bombs on the fastest lines and in the most hidden places) had my name on them. As did mines on Ubermall Forward and R. Piranha doesn't give me too much room for mistakes, when I'm normally used to piloting the supersteering feisar, so those mines and bombs really killed my time.
SOL 2 Forward and R, the second turn! Think! That, is the turn that should have graffiti sprayed all over for all the deaths its taken. At least for me. And it's always when I'm going to do a damn good run. Rockets, always rockets. The dig into my left side and send me off the right side of the track from the top of the pack to the back and I never recover it. Usually not with good pilots. Which these were. Little bummed out, was trying to keep up with Loud today, but there's always next time.

But thankfully Euphoric got his long awaited Bling trophy.

EuphoricActivity
6th July 2009, 05:32 PM
But thankfully Euphoric got his long awaited Bling trophy.

Definitely the most rediculous trophy of the day. Zico was hell, Zeus was tedious, but bling was just silly. Let's hope in HD Fury they up the ante with the trophies, but downsize the luck factor of bling ;)

Rapier Racer
7th July 2009, 12:01 AM
Online yesterday, attacked with a set of rockets fell to the back of the pack during a race at Metropia. It then proceeded as follows:

Mines
Mines
Mines
Two bombs literally side by side
Turbo boosted, straight into something, can you guess what it was? MINES!!!

Can I just say that in general, mines are too numerous. It's my opinion that in an attempt to cut down on Quakes and 'balance' if you like the pick-ups there has been an overcompensation in the mining department, Temtesh Bay just called I think they want their rock back.

One of these days someones going to loose an eye because of these mines, no one will be laughing then will they?

LOUDandPROUD
7th July 2009, 02:33 AM
@ Handmadelion - Yah, those were some fun races today. I feel your pain though...I've certainly had my share of days like that. I did take notice of where you were finishing, but I never let my guard down, as I know you're a much better pilot than that. You'll get me next time. :)