PDA

View Full Version : Team Austria activate!

eLhabib
28th June 2009, 05:46 PM
So, since we're finally 4 active racers (or so I'm told...) let's get our act together and have some practice sessions, shall we?
Mateo and Danterich are racing very frequently (almost everytime I'm online actually) - so I'm gonna ask TaroBarkhan to tell us when you are available mate, since you're the one with the least spare time it seems.
Would be cool if we could get like a weekly session together, ey?

Also, if anyone else from Austria reads this, this is a call to arms! :) Reveal yourself and join the real Red Bull Air Force ;)

OBH
28th June 2009, 05:53 PM
Another team ENG will get to tick off the list ;)

Awesome idea buddy :)

SaturnReturn
28th June 2009, 05:56 PM
I saw a couple of previously unknown austrian racers this weekend while online. I can't remember their names (sorry) but if I see them again I will be sure to send them your way.

Best of luck Team Austria in your future racing endeavours.

Wotan
28th June 2009, 06:00 PM
What's about lain-85 ? I think he is austrian , and he's fast ;)

stin
28th June 2009, 06:05 PM
Austria!!!, El I`d thought you is scottish ancestors!:rolleyes:

stevie:)

TaroBarkhan
28th June 2009, 07:12 PM
Hi eLhabib,

Sorry, for not showing myself online. My PS3 is not connected to the internet anymore, cause there is some re-construction going on in my flat. It should finish in one or two weeks.

I had to play with the AI though it felt like swimming on the land.

I have time on the weekend/national holidays and mostly on Fridays. During the working week, it's hard for me to find time.

I let you know, as soon as I can start.

Amorbis
28th June 2009, 07:52 PM
This is great news, eL. By the looks of things team Austria should be strong, I know you eL, Danterich and Mateo and three very fast pilots. Unfortunately I can't comment on Taro as I don't think we've ever raced :(.

Maybe Austria can have a (not very)friendly meeting with England when you're all ready? I'd certainly be up for it :D. I also hope that Austria will be taking part in the world cup, the more the merrier!

Mateo
28th June 2009, 09:38 PM
:+
Training sessions are a great idea and since my holidays are starting next week I'm available pretty all the time (okay, my 8-10 hours per week at university weren't actually that hard also when not having holidays:lol)

KIGO1987
29th June 2009, 02:50 AM
I was thinking of the movie Bruno then for a sec actually.

Good another team is involved, seems like you guys are ready and organised unlike Team Aus NZ or whatever the **** it is called these days. My team seriously needs to be re-managed if there is any consideration participating in the world cup.

Danterich
29th June 2009, 07:38 AM
Hell yes, lotsa training i need! We shall pm 4 details.
I just pointed LaiN-85 to this thread. I really hope he will finally join the wzone AND our team!

Danterich
30th June 2009, 08:22 PM
OMG.OMG,OMG, i flying so terrible shitty these days, and i´m uncapable to improve it seems. So to make it short, and it seems that LaiN-85, who flies a level above me(at least), won´t show up,..blah blah.I´ve got to withdraw from registration for the WWC2009. I´m sure that eLhabib ,Mister_Mateo and perhaps TaroBarkhan will make me proud to come from our little country Austria!!

SaturnReturn
30th June 2009, 08:25 PM
Not you as well. Stop it. In these kinds of matches anything can happen. If everyone quits because they have a few bad days then we won't have any of our favourite players left :(

You're playing Danterich, so get over it :p If you want you can have some coaching from the Dutch team, although we don't seem to win anything so it probably wouldn't help too much :D

eLhabib
30th June 2009, 10:02 PM
Danterich, it's not about winning, it's about having fun. Please, don't withdraw because you're not feeling skilled enough, that would be just stupid.

Amorbis
30th June 2009, 10:14 PM
Danterich don't be like that, I can see where you're coming from but if you stop racing it wont help. I would have left ages ago if I'd said to myself 'I'm rubbish and I can't compete' and there's no doubt I would have regretted it. I've continued to have fun despite not winning all the time.

Also if you now leave then your country may not be able to compete at all, you're low on players as it is. Of course no one can't stop you, it's your decision.

lunar
30th June 2009, 11:08 PM
Don`t give up, Danterich. Don`t make me change my nationality to Austrian. That would be okay as I do love Mozart, Apple Strudel and Red Bull, but I`d rather be Italian if it can be arranged. With eL in Goteki tearing off at the start and you guys backing him up you will have a great team I think and could cause an upset or two :banzai

Saturn is right - anything can happen. Focus like mad on getting a good start then really you will always have some chance of scoring useful points I think.

Mateo
1st July 2009, 12:53 AM
I just can join the others! It's not the winning, it's the taking part that counts. Otherwise we could cancel this event and declare the favorites from France as winner without racing. We're racing for fun and everything else doesn't matter. Also I cannot imagine Team Austria without Danterich, the guy who hustled me to become more active at this board in january and hence is responsible for my Wipeout addiction!
:(:(:(

I really really hope you'll change your mind about this.

Danterich
1st July 2009, 07:56 AM
Well, ehem, okay, i´ll stay in the team. I don´t wanna ruin your fun by not taking part in this event. I f you only can keep up a team if i stay , so may it be this way. But i can´t promise nothing. I will train but i´m still a messy pilot...so
I stay in the name of FUN and may FURY ignite a new racing flame in me(and you all)

eLhabib
1st July 2009, 08:26 AM
You'll be fine, don't you worry :)

TaroBarkhan
1st July 2009, 08:46 AM
That's great, Danterich. I always valued as a very strong pilot. Don't worry about your skill, I am also not that good - compared to many others of the WZ.

But, I won't make it easy for the others to pass my ship. Hahahaha (Demonic laughter):evil:lol

kaori
1st July 2009, 09:22 AM
Have fun, it's more important than win. It's just a game but we have to respect members like Mad-Ice who spent a lot of time, in order to arrange this nice event.

KIGO1987
1st July 2009, 09:53 AM
Flamboyant Austrian fashionista (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAGpmNb2xfQ)

kanar
1st July 2009, 10:05 AM
Sasha Baron Cohen RULEZ. And Austrian team too! Danterich, keep it up, we're all feeling the same, don't you worry. And Lain-85 signed up btw, you see, wipeout unity rocks!

And LOL Kigo, Elhabib is not Bruno. Nice one btw

Mateo
1st July 2009, 12:07 PM
That's great news Danterich and don't you worry about your skill, you're one of the fastest internal pilots around. When I change to internal you're beating me on every track with a lead of 5-10 seconds. :dizzy

Kerni86
9th July 2009, 02:32 PM
Hi everyone :)

A few days ago, i meet Danterich on Wipeout HD. He ask me to be a member of Team Austria, and now i'm here.

At Phantom i'm not very good, but at Flash and Rapier i'm not soo bad i think.. ;)

So, what i have to do for the membership?

Bye

(and sorry for my bad english..)

NightArh
9th July 2009, 02:39 PM
Welcome to Wipeout Zone Kerni86! ;)

eLhabib
9th July 2009, 03:15 PM
Hi Kerni, welcome!
What you have to do to become part of team Austria? Well... be austrian, I guess ;) Welcome aboard! Hope to race you eye-to-eye online soon!

OBH
9th July 2009, 04:25 PM
Just saw Danterich saying he might not take part.

Rubbish, during one of the recent Alavons no-one was able to get anywhere near you for about 9 races :)

Mateo
9th July 2009, 05:13 PM
Hi Kerni, nice to meet another Austrian pilot.:D

Vartazian
10th July 2009, 09:29 AM
This is Shaping up to be a powerful team! You guys should take on our North American team!

We have been looking for a team to race for some time!

Danterich
10th July 2009, 10:52 AM
hi kerni, welcome aboard the ´zone. you should write an intro in pilots lounge!
Avalon was a real training lesson 4 me again! pressure,pressure, lol
i raced LaiN-85 often lately, man, he´s superfast!! I really hope he will join our team, since he´s a zonemember already! and thx 4 your kind words Mateo and osama..
and Vartazian, that sounds nice 2 me, we could arrange a (friendly)challenge sometimes soon, we´ll see

TaroBarkhan
10th July 2009, 12:44 PM
Hi Kerni,

Welcome. And you're living close to the village where I grew up: Perchtoldsdorf (For everyone else, that's about the distance of 2 or 3 laps Anulpha Pass). Hope to see you soon.

Taro

Kerni86
10th July 2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!
But i'm confused; what means "Avalon" exactly..? :o

Mateo
10th July 2009, 01:30 PM
I've raced and written with Lain the days before and he told me that he would like to join our team too now, guess he was just a little shy.:g
But he'll be on holiday from tomorrow till around 25th or so. I'll be away from 2nd August till 27th August (will be back home for 2-3 days around 15th August). So we always would have enough people to race/train @Vartazian.:+

Edit: look here Kerni: http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6314

TaroBarkhan
12th July 2009, 02:25 PM
By the way, I reconnected my PS3 to the www (finally, after 1 to 2 months abstinence) and did a few races. So, I am eagerly waiting to see you guys all online again. :banzai

Danterich
30th July 2009, 08:52 PM
I just had an incredible wohd-session with LaiN-85 and some other zoners. We chatted about the WWC and he´s definitly in our Team Austria now:beer:rock!!
Please welcome him, visit his profile page to motivate him to finally write his 1st post.

Lain-85
31st July 2009, 09:53 AM
that's correct:D i'm glad i finally joined the wwc:rock

TaroBarkhan
31st July 2009, 12:39 PM
Welcome Lain-85,

I've seen you on the track one or two times and you're very good. :beer

Vartazian
31st July 2009, 10:11 PM
Austria and Team NA should have a small Scrimage before the WWC.

We just want to test the waters ;)

eLhabib
4th August 2009, 05:40 PM
Fine by me :pirate

kaori
9th August 2009, 09:58 PM
Hello Team Austria, I propose you choose a date for our WWC match.
I think a good choice will be a friday evening, a saturday or a sunday afternoon. The earliest is the best.
See you soon.

Vartazian
25th August 2009, 06:41 AM
Please contact us ASAP with times that your team will be able to race. Earlier the better.

Thank you

~Var

ShawnFrecle
25th August 2009, 12:26 PM
Team Italy propose you to race the final week of september, for example the 25th evening (Friday). Will be okay for team Austria :D ?

Mateo
28th August 2009, 08:39 PM
I'm back again from two long holidays. Now the training will start...:pirate

OBH
6th September 2009, 05:56 PM
Team austrias been very quiet. how are you guys doing? :)

stin
6th September 2009, 06:04 PM
I think, they are having severe engine problems!, they did called me one time and my reply was, sorry, I speak scottish!!!:p

stevie:beer

Danterich
8th September 2009, 03:31 PM
I´m taking a wipeout break and won´t race for a undefined amount of time !

eLhabib
8th September 2009, 03:48 PM
Yeah, hardly any time for racing over here, either :(
Will try to be online once or even twice a week, but I'm in no shape to be competitive. I guess we'll have to withdraw from the WWC, sorry :paperbag

Vartazian
8th September 2009, 06:48 PM
Austria Explodes before the race even starts!

eLhabib
9th September 2009, 09:51 AM
Not quite. More like Team Austria misses the start because their pilots aren't done shagging all the other teams' cheerleader teams ;) Yes, I like that one better.

TaroBarkhan
9th September 2009, 09:58 AM
That's the spirit, El.

I have to admit, I'm just too effin busy at the moment. work, GTA IV and some personal stuff keeps me from training.

See ya all ...

guillaume
9th September 2009, 12:04 PM
Classic Martin :g

Mateo
9th September 2009, 03:37 PM
I´m taking a wipeout break and won´t race for a undefined amount of time !

Yeah, hardly any time for racing over here, either :(
Will try to be online once or even twice a week, but I'm in no shape to be competitive. I guess we'll have to withdraw from the WWC, sorry :paperbag

That's the spirit, El.

I have to admit, I'm just too effin busy at the moment. work, GTA IV and some personal stuff keeps me from training.

See ya all ...

It's a pity, but as a replacement we'll train like the famous mad scientists and go for the win next year! And the cheerleaders of course.

Vartazian
9th September 2009, 04:34 PM
WE HAVE A CHEERLEADING SQUAD? SAVE ONE FOR ME.

(Vartazian hops out of his AG SYS which promtly explodes afterwards)

eLhabib
9th September 2009, 10:22 PM
well you had one, yes. they've got Austrian passports now...

OBH
10th September 2009, 11:20 AM
Whats wrong with your own ladies!? :) ive met a couple of austrian girls. Nice! :)

eLhabib
10th September 2009, 06:20 PM
Nothing wrong with 'em at all, but variety's the spice of life, innit? (btw just came back from a holiday on the Canary Islands - let me tell you, Spanish girls? OMFG!)

yeldar2097
10th September 2009, 07:05 PM
hello laydeez :P
I went to Barcelona this summer. I nearly died :g

Vartazian
10th September 2009, 08:10 PM
Screw all'yall Im going to Japan.

Lance
10th September 2009, 08:15 PM
Me, too [I wish]. But instead of ogling the girls or guys, I think I'll just hang out in the zen gardens and bliss out.

Vartazian
10th September 2009, 08:20 PM
Id Probably die of happiness while in Japan. HOT CHICK HOTCHICKHOTCHICK (heartattack)

eLhabib
10th September 2009, 09:13 PM
Me, too [I wish]. But instead of ogling the girls or guys, I think I'll just hang out in the zen gardens and bliss out.

Well you can always combine the 2, eh? :) Man, I really need to go to Japan as well...

Lance
10th September 2009, 11:32 PM
I'm pretty sure that the ogling produces too much excitement to promote bliss. :D Tends to promote the "grasping" behaviour that Alan Watts and other proponents of the zen experience warn one against.

eLhabib
11th September 2009, 07:39 AM
Ah, you're probably right, and I'm so easily distra...

Vartazian
11th September 2009, 08:00 AM
Why cant people with ADD tell jokes?

Wana play cards?

kaori
17th September 2009, 02:48 PM
Team France propose to meet you tuesday 22th or thursday 24th at 21.30 or 22.00.

eLhabib
17th September 2009, 06:39 PM
Sorry Kaori, we are out of the game :( Not enough time on my end (and the others' ends as well...).