PDA

View Full Version : Zico aaahhhhhh!!!

mchief22
27th June 2009, 05:23 PM
31:14 Thats all im saying!!!:brickwall

DeepMix
27th June 2009, 05:36 PM
all u need is to learn how to use pitch well, and of course doing all those barrel rolls

if u cant beat him try the "select-boost" way, search it on the forum

ProblemSolver
27th June 2009, 06:52 PM
*facepalm.gif* @ thread

Darkdrium777
27th June 2009, 07:55 PM
.JPG! :@

Related thread is related (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5286).

mchief22
27th June 2009, 09:22 PM
I didn't want any help lol, I know how to do it, it's just trying to do it!!!;)

DJ Techno
27th June 2009, 10:37 PM
is this is the character who i ended up being the attention of my you tube profile.

people pouring out videos to spank this person butt.

maybe it will be good to see stin say again. Zico suk my other head LOL

mchief22
28th June 2009, 01:29 AM
Upate 30:88. So close yet so far!!!:frown:

graeble
28th June 2009, 06:20 AM
30:83
i almost threw the controller.

KIGO1987
28th June 2009, 07:48 AM
I did threw my controller, just not a zico, havent bothered with that bastard since 2008. It requires too much energy, energy which i need to Uni studies atm. The controller i threw is in another thread here, took out one of my speakers while playing a really hard SL on MotorStorm Pacific Rift, god that game got too many cunty moments.

sny
28th June 2009, 09:14 AM
I'm surprisingly cool when it comes to zone, since I know all mistakes are my own fault and nobody else's.

However, I nearly threw my controller when I went from 100 shield to 0 in the last turn of Metropia phantom elite in lap 5, being in the lead... the stupid AI just wouldn't stop shooting me with rockets and missiles... argh, that still gets me upset! :mad:

Hemicrania
28th June 2009, 01:22 PM
last time I trew a controller was yesterday, trying to beat Kessler on Hard in Infamous. Motherf...er, the whole game on hard is ok and then, suddenly, the final boss is ridiculously hard. Like the developers decided "ow wait...damn, we supposed to make this thing hard right?" when yer @ the final bossfight.

MEH!

Ontopic : I aint even trying Zico. Its not human. :)

rdmx
28th June 2009, 03:34 PM
Just persevere :D If I can do it, so can you ;)

mo-glove
28th June 2009, 04:03 PM
Level 55 was my best:turdhttp://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_turd.gif

mchief22
28th June 2009, 09:49 PM
I actually have sore thumbs now, with a button shape on one of my thumbs! lol
Well at least one good thing is coming out of all this, i'll get the 100 thousand loyalty for one ship trophy lol, Im at 35'000 now!

hIGHWAYtOhEAVEN
29th June 2009, 02:45 PM
Yesterday i finally managed to beat Zico! I first earned a 30,86 (i almost trew my controller out of the window) then i decided to make the last lap and, DING!!, i made it!
It's really hard, just watch a couple of video on youtube and try to follow the tutorials, train on the barrel rolls, if you can do all the 4 rolls you can beat it....

ProblemSolver
30th June 2009, 12:18 AM
@hIGHWAYtOhEAVEN: Thx for sharing, I hope you stick around. Welcome on board.

hIGHWAYtOhEAVEN
30th June 2009, 11:07 AM
Thanx Problemsolver, and thanx everybody for keeping this forum a wonderful place for all the wipeout fans. GJ guys, see you soon!

akirapill
30th June 2009, 11:19 AM
C'mon Zico is not that hard, I did it the day after downloading it ;) In fact I'm hoping for another harder Zico challenge in the fury DLC.

sny
30th June 2009, 11:44 AM
I gotta agree on that, I beat Zico even before I could win any phantom elite races vs. AI opponents... The real challenge for me will probably be Zone Zeus, since zone 57 is as far as I can go right now, with Arcade Perfect soon done. :(

EuphoricActivity
3rd July 2009, 10:49 PM
Hey guys, ashamedly it probably took me about 700 laps over a week, but I did it with 4 BR (lucky one off the bridge), motion controls off, using the d-pad. I made 30.77 on a freak lap after clocking about 31.04 two laps before.

Here are my tips. Most of them are probably obvious to seasoned players, but I haven't played since WO 2097/XL, I'm a bit of a casual game player, although I love my strategy games and anything that requires precision (I love fast racing games!) and they weren't obvious to me!:

If you are pulling three barrel rolls and still doing over 31 seconds, you need to work on your racing lines (obviouly enough!). The silly thing I was doing for about 400 laps was going to the left to try and get all three speed pads after the first corner. I ended up doing it just going straight after the first three pads, and managing to cut half a second off with perfect double barrels there.

Another thing that was really difficult for me was consistent barrel rolls. I appreciate that those with big hands might find it easy to push down on the d-pad while pushing left and right, but I ended having to seriously roll my thumb and it hurt after every session. Find a perfect way to roll your thumb, especially if you don't have gigantic hands, and even if you have to put it sideways, and things will work out a lot better.

The barrel roll onto the bridge will come in time. It really will! Every single lap, whether you are doing a lap attempt or not, you just need to make sure you are pulling your ship all the way to the right. As long as you are doing this, you will eventually get a freak one or two, and then it will start coming naturally.

The plus side to having finished this trophy is a) Anulpha pass is now simple on elite phantom, or any race you can throw at me and b) zone zeus was even simpler, and came naturally. Once you realise that something is just bound to happen, and as long as you practise it will come, then the rest is easy. For the record I've done Zico and Zone, but am still missing the elite races and such. Persevere, it will be the key!

Hope this hasn't all been said before too many times! Cheers

blackwiggle
3rd July 2009, 11:55 PM
If you do a lap and come off the end of the bridge with a BR then hit a turbo quickly, press the select button again to give yourself another turbo Before the start line,then quickly use that one,you will be traveling at max speed at the start of a zico attempt lap .
You still get another turbo as you start a lap to use to do your multiple BR's down the straight.

It's a sort of "Boost BR Boost" trick for dummies without having to nose up at the start.

CJS
4th August 2009, 07:03 AM
So judging by my 30.85 lap time, I'm doing it absolutely perfectly, and it now just comes down to luck. I swear, I just CANNOT do that third barrel roll in the beginning anymore. It used to be so easy! I'm getting sick of Piranha... I unlocked all of the skins just by trying to beat Zico...

Darkdrium777
4th August 2009, 07:09 AM
You should try with the Fury Piranha if you haven't. The additional stats could help. Also, if "that third barrel roll at the beginning" is the one on the bridge, it's the hardest. Keep trying until you nail it on one of your laps and you have Zico for sure by then. If not, work on the rest of your line.

DDark
4th August 2009, 12:33 PM
i got 30.74 the other day watched a vid on you tube taught me everything i needed to know it also helps when racing against someone whos got the trophy you can tell by the lines they take and know how to catch the cheeky peeps

Lance
4th August 2009, 02:41 PM
I thought that Zico himself used only two barrel rolls to get his time? Saw it somewhere in the Zico-is-popular thread, whatever the exact name of that thread is.

RaiderHutch
4th August 2009, 08:38 PM
Zico is tough no doubt! I still haven't been able to best my time of 31.02 and that was with a side shift onto the bridge not a barrel roll. I can never land the barrel roll on the bridge it's like a 1/20 shot for me to do so I managed to lower my time by side shifting onto the bridge instead of the roll, don't know if anyone else has tried this and had it work to any effect.

Motorsagmannen
5th August 2009, 11:17 PM
you can beat zico with three barrelrolls. i know this for a fact because i never managed to the the BR onto the overpass. eventually after numerous laps i maneged a 30.65 with just the double on the straight and the one off the overpass. the rest is about sideshift, pitch, racing lines e.t.c.

@Lance:
two on the other hand? damn that i got to see to believe lol.

CJS
6th August 2009, 10:25 AM
I got all 4 barrel rolls, and 30.85

TheDukeZip
6th August 2009, 01:13 PM
You're really close, just work on your lines a little bit more! Take those turns just a smidgin' tighter! It can be done without sideshift - I got 30.68 or 69 with 14 speed pads, 4 barrel rolls, no sideshifts

Aeroracer
6th August 2009, 08:03 PM
you can beat zico with three barrelrolls. i know this for a fact because i never managed to the the BR onto the overpass. eventually after numerous laps i maneged a 30.65 with just the double on the straight and the one off the overpass. the rest is about sideshift, pitch, racing lines e.t.c.

@Lance:
two on the other hand? damn that i got to see to believe lol.

but i don't understand.....

How can side shift improve your time on zico challenge.:nod:nod

DividedXZero
6th August 2009, 08:36 PM
@Jasmin:

Sideshifts affect your racing line.
The better the racing line the better your time.

Example 1: you can side shift in mid turn taking it sharper and not as wide shaving time.

Example 2: on a small turn/curve you can side shift (which you can visually see is a quick manuever) instead of using d-pad or stick and you travel the straightest line (which is a good thing) through the track and are more efficient in your piloting as opposed to literally turning when it's not needed.

Aeroracer
6th August 2009, 08:39 PM
Thx

Now i understand :nod:nod:nod

silverfoxy
7th August 2009, 01:59 PM
With the new Piranha its possible to beat him without doing the BR onto the bridge :nod

Motorsagmannen
7th August 2009, 10:46 PM
it was possible with the old piranha as well :P

krioto
26th August 2009, 11:51 AM
This is the last trophy I need for platinum.

I cannot do the barrel roll onto the bridge - can I still beat him?

Current best time is 31.04.

yeldar2097
26th August 2009, 12:08 PM
yes indeed you can. just keep your lines as close to perfect as possible and sideshift like a lairy crab and you'll be fine ;)

krioto
26th August 2009, 12:37 PM
Ok, thanks yeldar. I'm assuming the side shift is for the 3 speed pads just before the bridge?

yeldar2097
26th August 2009, 01:15 PM
more than just there (i use them everywhere tbh...)

Key places are:

first corner you want to sideshift onto the first pad, hit the 2nd pad (the one on the inside, not the outside), then sideshift again on the third pad.

on the right hander before the 3 pads (exiting the tunnel)

the 3 pads

the long left hander before the overpass (to keep as close to the left-hand wall as possible)

it's also easier to beat him if you can chain 3 BRs from the turbo but 2 is sufficient...

MrBrinkles
2nd September 2009, 08:22 PM
Yesterday i got 30.88, and today i got 30.84 two times :turd
Hopefully i beat it tomorrow, i'm getting really frustrated with this. Just 0.02 short and i honestly don't think i can get any faster. I did master the BR upon the ledge so thats not a problem anymore, but suprisingly i mostly screw up the first boost pads right after the start. Sometimes i have to race 6 laps before i get the boost pads right, while when i started trying to beat Zico i never had a problem with them.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/787/wohd20090902222226.jpg

yeldar2097
2nd September 2009, 09:30 PM
if you didn't have pilot assist on you would have beaten it already...

MrBrinkles
3rd September 2009, 07:20 AM
That round was only for the screenshot, i doubt you can get that time with pilot assist on ;)

krioto
3rd September 2009, 10:51 AM
30.99 - not long to go now!

Still can't do the barrel roll onto the bridge...

MrBrinkles
3rd September 2009, 06:02 PM
Does anybody have video's of other ways to beat Zico (like the one without a BR upon the last ledge)? And not to blame it on Piranha, but what a crappy ship. The times i wanted to do a BR but the ship didn't respond, sigh. If i could do this trophy with Goteki or Feisar, i would have it by now.

IH8YOU
3rd September 2009, 06:23 PM
I myself have never used the fury pirana - but I've heard (from those who are good with the original pirana) that the fury one is worse.

Try giving the HD Pirana a go - that's how the challenge originally was set up - and if I can beat it with that ship - you definitely can.

And clean lines - tight turns are 99.999% of it - the BRs alone won't do it - but I've come damn close to beating it WITHOUT the BRs - but good clean lines.

MrBrinkles
3rd September 2009, 06:49 PM
Okay thanks, i will give it a shot with the HD Piranha. And beating it without BR, thats sick! But i've been wondering about the clean lines, like right after the start. Is it quiker to get all the speed pads or just take the inside of the corner?

phaeton_pl
3rd September 2009, 06:59 PM
Does anybody have video's of other ways to beat Zico (like the one without a BR upon the last ledge)?

I have one video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqNx1l4yu58

And Leungbok have one too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91mn8hVOwG8

There is many more ways to beat Zico.... You can beat zico from first lap (JFthebestJan did it), without using bridge at all, with 3 BRs only.. etc.

but I've come damn close to beating it WITHOUT the BRs - but good clean lines.

Interesting, never thought about this...

MrBrinkles
3rd September 2009, 07:30 PM
I see you use Icaras, did you use it just to make this video with all the posibilities, or may you actually use Icaras and still get the trophy if you beat Zico's time? Also i notice you use sideshift a lot, is this quicker then using the d-pad? And thanks, i really got stuck on the classical way to beat it but i've seen a lot of different options now ;)

p.s. what does BSB stand for?

phaeton_pl
3rd September 2009, 08:13 PM
You MUST use Piranha to get Zico trophy.

There is many possible Barrel Rolls, racing lines are so important and sideshifting is the key.

P.S. BSB stands for Boost-select-boost (explained in Leungboks video)

MrBrinkles
3rd September 2009, 08:41 PM
Okay thanks a lot, will give it another try tomorrow ;)

krioto
4th September 2009, 10:16 AM
The barrell roll onto the bridge from the ramp (rather than taking the far left option) - is this doable in the HD Pirahna?

I'm close to giving up - perfect lap last night - 30.95.

yeldar2097
4th September 2009, 10:55 AM
I did a test yesterday and managed to get a 30.53 without doing the roll onto the bridge... only 3 BRs needed.
proof that it's definately possible without the evil roll :). I shall make a video...

krioto
4th September 2009, 11:06 AM
Please do yeldar - this is doing my head in!

fragje
4th September 2009, 03:56 PM
now im really ashamed of my, apparently crappy, driving skills.. i can do 4 br's and yet i cannot beat zico :/

dmp82
5th September 2009, 08:33 PM
did aprox 600 to 700 laps before i finally beat zico. (5 rolls) just remember to fire the boost off early in the gap. since you don't want to have to much airtime.. if you keep that in mind the 3th roll is actually easy to pull off, i screwed up moslty at the bridge or doing something stupid because my adrenaline was kicking in at the end. Gl to all of you.

Golgofier
5th September 2009, 10:32 PM
Oh man this just made my weekend. Seeing this thread I decided to give Zico another go, not having done any serious attempts for the last 3-4 months.
At lap 23 I beat my 31.04 ghost, looked down at the lap time and can almost not believe my eyes - 30.68. F-ing finally!! :rock

krioto
6th September 2009, 09:33 AM
Finally! I hopped on for a quick go this morning - 3rd lap - 30.71

4 barrel rolls - even the evil one onto the ramp.

Transcendence!

yeldar2097
6th September 2009, 02:39 PM
Beat zico without the evil zico roll (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QKoiR-W-DU)

Golgofier
6th September 2009, 03:10 PM
Nice one :clap

fragje
6th September 2009, 03:14 PM
thanks for that, guess i need to work on my raceline :D

MrBrinkles
6th September 2009, 07:04 PM
Beat zico without the evil zico roll (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QKoiR-W-DU)

Seriously thanks! I did finally beat him after a week of serious trying (around 6 hours i think) on my third lap with only 3 BR! I was finally able to do the very first turn right (sideshift on the second boostpad and you take the turn perfectly) and by sideshifting on the boostpad after the part were the track gets smaller, you automatically take that next turn perfectly also. I didn't know SS was that big of a deal, so thanks a lot for the video. Btw, i did use the HD Piranha and it did make a lot of difference for me personally :nod

krioto
7th September 2009, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the vid yeldar - but luckily did not need it in the end!:)

fragje
7th September 2009, 12:46 PM
alright, watched the vid one more time, sat down to beat zico - did it in lap 4!
30.80 thx for the vid :P

dmp82
7th September 2009, 12:57 PM
grats! did it without the roll at the bridge or what? i did it barely with 5 rolls in 30:55

fragje
7th September 2009, 02:49 PM
actually i did it with the BR onto the overpass. still it feels like seeing a better raceline made me improve easily :D i was down to 30.89 before but couldnt get my stuff together :/