PDA

View Full Version : Any questions?

fusionfrenzy
1st November 2002, 08:51 PM
I have spent most of the last two years playing WO3 non-stop and have tried and tested every single bit of the game and now officialy can be classed as the knowledgemeister of WO3 8)
So does anyone have any questions about WO3?

Lance
1st November 2002, 09:54 PM
there are several people on this board who have played WO3 intensely for 3 years. possibly they may also know something

JABBERJAW
1st November 2002, 11:35 PM
HOw do you get perfect laps?

fusionfrenzy
2nd November 2002, 07:30 AM
Pick the slowest and best handling ship(Feisar orAssegai) and pick the easiest track to start with and use your airbrakes intensely around the track, concentrating mega-hard and airbraking every turn and you'll soon have a perfect lap,then advance to the next track.....
Ive got a perfect lap on every track and every prototype track on phantom using that method

zargz
2nd November 2002, 12:11 PM
:o

infoxicated
3rd November 2002, 03:10 PM
I have spent most of the last two years playing WO3 non-stop and have tried and tested every single bit of the game and now officialy can be classed as the knowledgemeister of WO3 8)The folk on the board have been fans of the game, and posting on this board and it's predecessor for almost 3 years. Fair play to you - I'm sure you must be decent at the game, but you're mixing with the biggest fans of the game here.

I mean, congrats on the big head and all - but this takes arrogance to a brand new level... :roll:

On the day that teenage pricks from the Fusion forum outnumber the original members here and every other post is like "I AM THE GREATEST!!" or "Piranha is the best!" this site is going ****ing down - mark my words.

Spaceboy Gajo
3rd November 2002, 03:24 PM
Sounds like a "scorched earth" policy LOL

Yes infoxicated, we've been lucky about that limiting those numbers down. I hope that trend continues.

Keep up the good work,

spaceboy gajo :D

Lance
3rd November 2002, 05:09 PM
fusionfrenzy: don't be put off from contributing to the discussions here by the initial hard reception you've gotten in this topic; you will still be accepted as a valuable member of the forums, as long as you lose the bragging attitude. i'm sure you do know a good deal about the game, but there are some very knowledgable people already here. don't let a pumped-up ego get in your own way; it prevents you from detecting the high sarcasm level of posts number 2 and 3. :)
welcome to the forums

__lance

SpaceboyGajo: while questions are being asked, if you don't mind answering, which person are you on the NTSC times tables? i'm curious about who the other Canadians are. Jay, known on the forums as Task, is the only one of them whose forum handle i know.

a note to newbies seeking info: in addition to this board, another valuable source of wipeout piloting tips and other info is our old set of forums at EZ-Board, which are easily accessed from the wipeoutzone main page navigation bar. they are no longer active, but they still serve as an archive of our past discussions of wipeout

xEik
3rd November 2002, 07:32 PM
On the day that teenage pricks from the Fusion forum outnumber the original members here and every other post is like "I AM THE GREATEST!!" or "Piranha is the best!" this site is going ****ing down - mark my words.

May this thing never happen. :(
Fortunately, sensible persons soon understand what the level of some of our users is (not to say that some of the developpers for the first two games post sometimes in this forums). Posters that are a prick tend to go away after seeing that this isn't a comfortable place for them to be in.

At fusionfrenzy: Welcome to the forums and I hope you belong to the first group of users I described.

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

auslander
4th November 2002, 04:10 AM
Lance: Over here! I'm a Canuck!

Me too eh!

^_^

aus!

Lance
4th November 2002, 04:35 AM
auslander, you are indeed a Canuck, but i was asking which Canuck names on the WZ times tables go with which nicks in the forums, cos i like to know who the competition is :)
who are the mysterious Derksen, Creber, and Krasey? [and what is their law firm's specialty?] [and why are 95 percent of all online Canadians from around Toronto? :D ]

Spaceboy Gajo
4th November 2002, 04:45 AM
Lance,

To be honest, I haven't picked up my copy of Wip3out in a long time. Actually, I've been cleaning my "office" up and was considering in hooking up my Playstation again, just to practice using my airbrakes. You should ask auslander how bad my braking is.

Any ways, I have signed up but I have yet to enter any time whatsoever. My first name is Gajo, so if you do ever see my name on the boards you won't get confused by this Canuck!

Why haven't I played Wip3out? Cannot say for certain. Although I'm probably one of the few people who loves the game more for it's setting and it's back story than the actual game. I consider it to be great science fiction :lol:

I've mentioned it before. I've lived through the games vicariously. Hopefully that'll change perhaps with a new purchase of a PS2?

Perhaps,

PS - Or I'll just finish cleaning the "office" and start practicing

Task
4th November 2002, 02:19 PM
SG: Yes, you should definitely hook up your PSX and put a couple laps in. What I find really gets me seriously wanting to play is going through the tables and checking out the #1 time for each track at each setting. Then I compare that to my times and see how far off I am. When it's by a little bit I'm all like "hey, I can beat that time easy!" and I go to it. When I'm off by 10sec or more then I'm all "Wow, there must be something I'm really doing wrong!" and I fly the track looking for the problem.
One of these days, I'm gonna hold a Toronto Wipers Convention. I'll hook up two modded PSXes (got 'em), put a copy of WO3SE in each (thx zargz!), and invite over you and Auslander for some serious flying. 4-player 50-point Phantom Eliminator on MegaMall? Let's Rock. 8 )

Lance: 95% of Canadas population is in Toronto.
Well, okay, not really, but you get the idea. 8 )

fusionfrenzy
4th November 2002, 04:18 PM
Geese, you guys sure can't tell when i'm not being serious can you?
You actually think that i was being serious :o , well I was being sarcastic! If I was really like that i'd be such a bighead

DJ Techno
4th November 2002, 05:01 PM
[quote="infoxicated"][quote="fusionfrenzy"]

:o :-? :o :o :o :-? 8)
And that is why you will not find me acting like that. Anymore
Thank you
Pirhana/Auricom Pilot
The control, the discipline, the everything else that made this man, into an updated person.

Lance
4th November 2002, 06:45 PM

Geese, you guys sure can't tell when i'm not being serious can you?
You actually think that i was being serious :o , well I was being sarcastic! If I was really like that i'd be such a bighead

irony is a difficult medium in text; since it is so easy to see irony when it is not there, and so easy to not see it when it is, it requires a context. you offered no context. it was your first post, one that showed no certain self-evident humour, and we are used to seeing bragging ignorant adolescents over on the official Fusion board and their occasional arrival here, at which point they make the same sort of statement you made, and make it in all sincerity. the odds were extremely high that you meant it also. we tend to go by the probabilities when we're presented with information too incomplete for certainty. i apologise if i read it inaccurately.

infoxicated
4th November 2002, 07:35 PM
Tune in to Sanity FM for a second here, Lance!

Somebody shows up, claiming to be the best of the best... in fact, don't even get me started because I think he's the most arrogant bastard I've ever had arrive on the WipeoutZone/W3PA forums... anyhow - this guy shows up, posts what he posts and all of a sudden we're apologising for reading him wrongly.

From my experience, you don't show up acting like a prick with total strangers unless you really are an arrogant son-of-a-bitch. Where was his apology for being a dick, huh?

I didn't see one - and I don't see a retraction either.

Last week I joined a Denver Broncos discussion forum. In my very first post I told the folk something about me, introduced myself and explained that I was looking forward to talking football with the regulars there.

What I did not do was post "I've been a fan of the Denver Broncos for fifteen years - anyone got any questions?... because I'm the most arrogant wanker who's ever walked the planet and I'm just assuming that you lot must know **** all about the team, despite taking part on an active fan forum." before later claiming I was just being sarcastic and that the members of the forum over-reacted, with liberal use of italics to convey how surprized I am that they actually took me seriously.

FusionFrenzy - do me the favour of answering this question:

What the heck is it with the majority of folk who use the official Fusion forums?

It's like ten minutes there reading about Rachel Johnson's imaginary family before bragging that your team is better than another team poisons their minds and they stomp off elsewhere like a bull in a china shop!!

I make no apology for being vexed about this because to me it's a no-brainer. Why on Earth would you show up somewhere you've never been before - in real life or on the net - and hope to get away with treating the people already there without an ounce of respect?

Lance
4th November 2002, 09:05 PM
yes, Rob, you're probably right, but you notice in my carefully worded statement that i said that i apologise ''IF i read it inaccurately''. [the probability is that i did read it accurately ;) ]

and yes, i was doubtul of his claim to sarcasm when it was made only after i pointed out that my first post and Al's were sarcastic. such after the fact me-tooisms tend to be face-saving devices. but i like to give people the benefit of the doubt and to work with them on correcting their odious deficiencies. :D
i can be a patient guy. well... sometimes

woah! was this a face-saving post on mY part? dang it
i am one over-analytical mofo

JABBERJAW
4th November 2002, 11:12 PM
rachel johnson's imaginary family!! :lol: had to laugh at that one. I read that many times

Spaceboy Gajo
5th November 2002, 04:11 AM
One of these days, I'm gonna hold a Toronto Wipers Convention.

Task, I would love to see that happen. I think there's someone also from Guelph. The guy who's into Armored Core. Haven't seen him post in a while. Perhaps make it a Southern Ontario Wipers Convention :lol: Any ways, would like to meet up with other wipers in person. We were supposed to do it before, but we were all busy. I'm still interested. Besides I want to get in a few laps in SE and see what all those left coasters are bragging about!

science
5th November 2002, 06:51 PM
you're getting grumpy in your old age, foxy! ::ducks and runs away for another several months::

infoxicated
5th November 2002, 09:35 PM
Cheeky! ;)

Nathan Adams
6th November 2002, 09:44 AM
Rule One: Don't get into too deep an argument with Rob.... he's a real: :evil:

heh heh :P

infoxicated
6th November 2002, 10:10 AM
Either way - this is a forum for intelligent discussion, I hope, not posturing by immature teenage pricks.

Having said that, are you 20 yet Nathan? ;)

DJ Techno
6th November 2002, 02:02 PM
:o :o :o :o :o :-? :-? 8)
" I voted in the Elections held yesterday" Did anybody else?
Well, I came back, I saw, Infoxicated layed down the law.
Teenage pricks, I'm 18 still think that includes me?

infoxicated
6th November 2002, 03:00 PM
Depends if you're a prick or not, doesn't it?

You could be one at any age, really, the reason I specified "teenage pricks" was due to the sheer volume of them found on the official Fusion forum.

You know who they are, Mike - you've been on there long enough to see the comings and goings of guys that post absolute nonsense or behave in an immature fashion, revelling in the anonymity that the internet provides them.

The only law I'm laying down is that this is a forum where people should show respect for one another - anyone posting the kind of BS that Fusion Frenzy has above or Feisar Fanatic did before he was banned can find themselves getting the same treatment.

My good friend Nathan is merely casting up a very old battle between myself and him while failing to point out that we actually spoke via e-mail away from the forums and resolved our differences somewhat.

I'm not trying to persecute people, I'm trying to maintain the integrity of this forum. Long standing members (or friends as I like to call them) will have no trouble understanding that.

Nathan Adams
6th November 2002, 03:10 PM
not so much casting, more just making light of it :wink:

and yes, I have been 20 for the marginally over 2 months 8)

infoxicated
6th November 2002, 03:25 PM
Yay - at last! Took you forever! ;)

And, might I add by going even further off topic, that your website is a disgrace!! When you promise it'll be all shiny and new in two weeks in MAY - you expect a little something in NOVEMBER!!)

DJ Techno
6th November 2002, 04:16 PM
Yes, Infoxicated, honestly I have seen "the faces" of people who came come and gone, and remember, well long ago my first attempt to talking online to people at RTO I was a "teenage prick" and later grew out of it. But I found out there were few who wanted to still "take me out" remove myself from their presence forever. And I learned, who the real teenage pricks "immature dicks"-those ass holes Jonesy, Penguin, Alhazared, and two others who will remain nameless. Those were the real trouble makers, and if I see any of those guys on this board. Please let me know so I can send them a nice welcome gift package from Mike Techno and his entire crew at Team Spectra.

If I see any one of those three guys here, don't shut down the forum Infoxicated, just let them feel how it is to be, not wanted or forceble excluded from the rest of the world.

Feisar and Fusion
there "young bucks" trying to fit in Big daddy's pants, but just can't fill in his shoes.
THis is an old, old saying passed down to familys in american homes. some might have heard of this, but in many different version.

Pedro
His leaving WOF board became in upset to others, and a shock to me, well not really a shock, but anybody could tell. :-?

Feisar 121
Well, me and him are still comrades or best friends, whether or not anybody knows or cares. I still have not been able to play his WIpeout Revolution game, but he understands that. Actually I was surprised to see him go bye bye from here, because he didn't act this way on WOF board. Well not when I was around. :-?

Rachel
OK. This Johnson's thing is "bogus" out of control or getting out of hand. But, honestly I respect her in what see is doing, maybe or not it has something to do with Fusion, I don't know. But, the first time I met her, not on Wipeout Fusion, but RTO she was fine, then I get kicked off, and now it's like she has to find something to refill the emptyness left inside of her, again. And at first, I tryed to fill it up, succeded, and now it become worthless to even try anymore. :-? :oops: :(

PDJ, Ana, RHYS, Kinshin, Saint Michael, everybody...New and Old and In the Middle
"Speaking for them, like a senator or president or speaker"
Non of the "horror" that has been created or the nonsense should be allowed on to this Forum, not unless it wants to become another RTO **** whole and become reshaped and reformed, due to everything that has happend, BS.
"I don't have AIM or IM and I'm can do just fine without it"
"The boards and forums have sufficed,me enough, to think "talking online" is not stupid or gay, but worth enjoying and should be respected"
"and I want to see others have joy, in talking to people, the same way I enjoy talking to guy/gals right now."

But for now that's it, that's all I want to probably say.
Nice to meet you Nathan,I shall be back in the hour Pizza for lunch

infoxicated
6th November 2002, 07:56 PM
Erm... yeah - but we're not talking about the official fusion boards here, we're talking about the users of this board and the fact that I don't want to attract the same kind of posters on here as they have over there.

Don't get me completely wrong (again) as there are a few people over there, like Annastasia (who I have all the time in the world for - she's just a gem), ed_hales is a decent fellow, and some more that I wont name.

The official board is appreciated by the people who use it, I guess, but the style of posting over there isn't one of a community like this one. Or if it is, it's a different kind.

Heck, now you've got me doing the rambling post thing...

Lance
6th November 2002, 09:48 PM
actually, i think Nuwie made that update promise in may of lAst year
;)

Nathan Adams
7th November 2002, 12:16 PM
LOL - nah, it was may this year

I actually finished the site - then pulled it before I launched it and started again....
With uni finishing next week though, i'll get it done very soon. Just a couple of bugs to fix, a couple of photos to take, and some translating to do (yes - it will be 100% bi-lingual - japanese and english - ack!)

I probably should have fixed that little bit of news though..... oh well.

xEik
7th November 2002, 09:38 PM
Talk of the devil and he's sure to appear. :evil:

A user called Feisar fanatic 2 has just registered. :)
Chances that it is him? 'Nice' people are keen on giving the present of their presence. :D

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

infoxicated
8th November 2002, 08:52 AM
I noticed - I haven't activated the account yet - I'm pretty sure it's the same person. He *is* only about 13, though, which maybe means I should give him a second chance.

OTOH - Rhys is round about the same age and he always manages to take part in a sensible way.

DJ Techno
14th November 2002, 05:31 PM
Please do, but... :( :-? 8)

He has been helping me with the little problem going on at Fusion boards, and I guess give the man a second chance? actually he's about to turn 13, he's 12 right now. :-?

I could help the man as well, like before on Fusion, but you know my schedule
5 times a day, morning to afternoon 4 maybe 8 o clock at night, never on weekends. :)

So I'll be here, sometimes, maybe when he's here. 8)

stin
14th November 2002, 06:15 PM
If you talk about Rhys` age well hes actually 14 yrs old!!

and I`m 21yrs! :roll:

stin 8)

Lance
14th November 2002, 06:40 PM
he was talking about someone else

stin, the last time you told us your age, you were 30 or 32 and had a six year-old son who played wipeout. admittedly, i did not believe this as you sounded more like 14 at the time. at most. this is one of those ''Johnson family'' things, isn't it?

infoxicated
15th November 2002, 01:54 PM
If you talk about Rhys` age well hes actually 14 yrs old!!

and I`m 21yrs! :roll:

stin 8)
I'm not sure where to go with this sort of thing.

It's so Mickey Mouse that it's exactly the kind of thing that pisses me off about running a forum.

Why lie?

Why be dishonest?

Just because you can?

Or is there another reason that perfectly reasonable people turn into a huge, lumbering ****witosaurus Rex the second they have a funky username and the cloak of anonimity afforded by the internet?

Maybe I need a holiday or something, but I really am struggling to see why I spend £400 a year + time and effort on maintanance so that people have the freedom to do this kind of thing on my site...

A case of Give the people their freedom and they will surely use it against you.

The very fundamental thing is that Stindah has just lied about his age for no other reason than "he could".

Hands up - big and high, even those of you at the back - hands up who will believe a word Stindah says next time he takes part in a challenge and submits a fast time?

Anyone?

Can you hear me at the back?

You see Stin - this is the reason I try to keep this place honest and respectful - it's the very fabric that binds the site and community together. If we cant trust one another then we cant respect one another and then there's absolutely no point in being here.

Do I make myself clear?

If this kind of pointless deception is anywhere in the minds of anyone at all, please - do, go somewhere else right now. Don't think twice - don't come back either. Unless of course you really are a complete and utter bastard and you want to assist in ruining this once decent community.

Then I guess you must do whatever you like. Because you can.

Cheers.