PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Pulse PS2 profile saving problems

Mr.Zero
25th June 2009, 02:24 PM
Hello,

I bought Pulse for PS2 this week and when I create a profile often I get a "corrupted data" item on my memory card (I have two official 8MB PS2 cards). This happens even when I switch my two mem cards around. I've been playing the game in 50Hz mode on a PS2 slimline (last model with external power supply).

I currently have a saved profile that seems to be working (but when I try to copy it to my other mem card it fails).

Are there more people having similar problems?

leungbok
25th June 2009, 02:27 PM
my timetrial and speedlap's ghosts aren't saved. i create new ghosts at each race, even when i'm slower :?

Rapier Racer
25th June 2009, 03:15 PM
I had the problem of profile load failing on my PS3, I assumed it was due to some sort of emulation problem, apparently not then.

El_Patas
25th June 2009, 09:10 PM
Hi,

i'm playing the game in the Ps2 a thousand of times and never i have any problem
with the data in my official memory cards.

Is so very strange, delete the item corrupted and create a new Profile.

Is possible the memory card in wich you like copy the save have any kind of problem and not
the save itself, format the other memory card.

Regards.

Rolodzeo
26th June 2009, 11:09 AM
Hello everyone, I got my copy yesterday and, unfortunately, my memory card seems to get corrupted after the very first autosave in the game. I can't explain to myself why, because I've been using it (the memory card, I mean) since early 2008 and I got no single error until now, so I assume it's game's fault.

If you wanna know, I play on a slim ps2, and memory card is the official one.

infoxicated
29th June 2009, 09:12 AM
Interesting - it does seem like the fault lies with the game, here.

Mr.Zero
29th June 2009, 10:34 AM
My current strategy to avoid losing progress:

1: Remove mem card after loading/saving to disable auto-save
2: Always save in an empty slot (you can remove older saves in your PS2 mem card browser)

If you overwrite an existing save and it fails you end up with an unremovable "?KB" "damaged data" item.

Asayyeah
29th June 2009, 12:39 PM
playing on a ps2 slim, non-original ps2 memory-card, and i don't have any problem with autosaving profile.

leungbok
29th June 2009, 04:03 PM
Are your ghosts saved, mate ?

DawnFireDragoon
29th June 2009, 04:19 PM
hey, i'm playing the game quite a bit and i have had a fail to load issue, every now and then...the saving/loading does seem to have some issues. I have to go to the Profile screen and manually load the game.

i am using a PS2 slim and an official memory card.

Asayyeah
30th June 2009, 09:42 AM
No christian, i haven't spent time into racebox atm and i haven't saved my timetrial or speedlap ghosts from the grids.
So i should be into the same boat as everyone then :(