PDA

View Full Version : THE CONTEST

JABBERJAW
30th October 2002, 10:27 PM
This would be awesome if everyone competed in this contest. I know everyone doesn't own all the wipeouts needed for a single entry, but I am going to post the US/Canada versus Europe/Austrailia team scores as well. So even if you have only one game, you would still help out your team. I just think it would be much more competitive with most the members on the forum competing. We could see how we all compare to each other on All the wipeouts.

Lance
30th October 2002, 10:33 PM
it isn't really set up as a team contest, just for an individual winner, but i suppose we could also calculate ntsc pilot points versus pal pilot points. it would have to be limited to something like only the points achieved by the top 5 in each region. otherwise ntsc would be swamped by the larger number of pal pilots, and it would prove nothing about relative quality of the regions

JABBERJAW
31st October 2002, 02:02 AM
I was going to set it up as follows, unless more than 10 people from each region join, then it would be the top 20 times getting points(maybe 30 if there are a ton of people).

example
13 pal pilots
6 ntsc pilots

there would be 12 total positions calculated for points to keep things fair. this is basically double the region that has less people.

I'm not sure which way I should go from here though. here are the two possibilities.

1) count the top 12 placements regardless of how many placed from each region. this would mean if pal got places 1-10, ntsc got 11th place, and pal got 12th place. the rest of the times would be discounted and pal would take up 11 our of 12 positions and a considerable amount of points. This way is good because it rewards the top players regardless of region.

2) count the top 12 placements, but only count 6 for pal and 6 for ntsc. this would make the points like a cross country running race where places 7-13 for the pal team would not count in the standings. this would give the pal team under the example in #1 the points for the first 6 positions and the last 6 positions would go to ntsc. This way is good because it gives a less numerous region a chance to compete

I'm leaning toward #1 because if there are more people playing in a particular region they should have their scores count if their times are better. Unless people like the next method.

3) OR I JUST THOUGHT MAYBE DO BOTH METHODS AND ADD THEM TOGETHER.

What does everyone else think?

hopefully both sides are somewhat equal. If they are exactly equal I will do #1

Task
31st October 2002, 02:58 AM
I think we should endeavour to have the same number of pilots for each region. 8 )
I'm hoping that it's gonna be real close. Although there seem to be more pilots in the PAL area, the NTSC racers seem a bit more "competitive". I'm expecting most of the NTSC racers to participate, and maybe half of the PAL racers. We'll see.
Assuming that we don't get exactly 12 from each region or something, I'd say "go with #2".
This way, the slowest of the group are knocked out: Contender Eliminated! 8 )

Wamdue
31st October 2002, 11:05 AM
ill try my best to find time for it, prob is, this week is booked up for bootcamping with the cs-clan, we´re competing in LAN this weekend so most of my days/nights is spent playing cs now ;)