PDA

View Full Version : Playing Pulse on PS2 right now

AG-wolf
17th June 2009, 05:24 PM
I unfortunately don't have time to really spend with it before I have to leave for work tonight, but I think this is gonna be much more fun than it was on PSP. I don't know if they changed the handling/physics at all, but it's much easier to control with my dual shock 2 than it was to play on the tiny-*ss PSP.

Framerate only looks to be about 30fps, no 60fps :/
Zone ships have better textures
No online play :(
No progressive-scan 480p :( (at least I don't see an option anywhere thus far)

dunno what else to say except maybe I'll actually enjoy Pulse this time around since I hated it when it first came out :D

DawnFireDragoon
17th June 2009, 05:42 PM
sounds good, keep us updated with info!!!

where did you get your copy as i am desperate to get one!!!!
i presume you ordered it from somewhere in europe???

Darkdrium777
17th June 2009, 05:54 PM
I can tell you that framerate is 60FPS in Pulse PS2 as well (It locks to that if you set it to 60hz)
Dunno if it runs at that speed on an actual PS2 all the time though.

AG-wolf
17th June 2009, 06:46 PM
Certainly doesn't look or play like it's 60fps... just because it's running at 60hz doesn't mean the game runs at 60fps remember.

emerald dragoon: you can only get it from europe atm

Darkdrium777
17th June 2009, 06:50 PM
Yeah, as I said, don't know if it actually runs at 60FPS on a PS2. It runs at 60FPS here though, that's what I'm saying.

AG-Wolf, care to tell me (In PM if you want) how you are playing this on a PS2?
Or Friday...

AG-wolf
17th June 2009, 07:05 PM
I can tell you that framerate is 60FPS in Pulse PS2 as well (It locks to that if you set it to 60hz)

Then I assume you meant PSP instead of PS2? because you just said you can tell me it IS 60fps in PS2, then you just said you don't actually know if it's 60fps lol

Darkdrium777
17th June 2009, 07:15 PM
It locks at 60FPS on a PS2 as well as the PSP. What I don't know is if it always runs at 60FPS on an actual PS2, like WipEout HD on the PS3, or if it still is like on the PSP with framerate fluctuations, sometimes maxing out at 60FPS.

supersocks
17th June 2009, 08:55 PM
Is it just me or is this game really this ridiculously easy? Or then Harimau is just that badass of a ship. :D

DawnFireDragoon
17th June 2009, 09:01 PM
Certainly doesn't look or play like it's 60fps... just because it's running at 60hz doesn't mean the game runs at 60fps remember.

emerald dragoon: you can only get it from europe atm

yes, i know! i am in europe. lol. but it's not out in the UK yet.
Perhaps i phrased my question wrong...i wandered where you ordered your copy from. (which online store) and is it the english PAL version?

AG-wolf
18th June 2009, 03:49 AM
It locks at 60FPS on a PS2 as well as the PSP. What I don't know is if it always runs at 60FPS on an actual PS2, like WipEout HD on the PS3, or if it still is like on the PSP with framerate fluctuations, sometimes maxing out at 60FPS.

nothing "locks in" at 60fps. The game does not run at 60fps. If you're trying to relate it to the f***ing refresh rate of the standard TV picture tube, then you're retarded because it has nothing to do with how many frames of image information the console sends to the TV. By that logic, I could say Wipeout XL on Saturn runs at 60 frames a second... and we all know that is totally not the case lol

Darkdrium777
18th June 2009, 04:12 AM
I am talking about the actual framerate of the game, not the refresh rate of the TV :lol
Maybe you should try running CWCheat with the framerate counter on a CFW PSP, to see that WipEout Pulse PSP maxes out at 60FPS on the PSP, and running the copy you got of WipEout Pulse PS2 on PCSX2, to see that it maxes out at 60FPS (Or 50 if you don't enable 60hz mode) on the PS2 before insinuating I am retarded :lol
I am talking about the maximum framerate the games can run at, I am not saying the games always play at that framerate as it's pretty damn ****ing obvious they don't.

AG-wolf
18th June 2009, 06:54 AM
you're talking in circles. I don't care what the PSP cheat device claims it can run at, and my computer can't run that emulator. The point is, Pulse on PS2 doesn't run at 60fps no matter how much you wanna say it "can" or does, so I don't see why you keep pressing the issue.

Darkdrium777
18th June 2009, 01:50 PM
I'm not pressing the issue, just said, perhaps in an unclear way at first, that it caps off at 60FPS but doesn't always run at that framerate. :)
I was just trying to add/correct to your list of bullet points you made in your first post.

Also: Eliminator ship skins are miles better. :)
There is no new music however.

AG-wolf
18th June 2009, 02:23 PM
yes well a 60fps cap is pointless when the game never goes above 30fps.

and are you sure there's no new music? I don't recall hearing some of these songs before, but I also spent maybe 3 races tops with the in-game music in the PSP version before I made a custom soundtrack lol :P I hated Pulse's normal soundtrack when i first heard it, but it's not too bad now that I'm playing it on PS2... here, I'll list all the song names from the ps2 version:

Fenix Funk 5 (Wipeout Edit) - Aphex Twin (god I hate this song)
Steady Rush - Booka Shade
Break Ya Self (Wipeout remix) - B Phreak Groove Allegiance
X-Project (100% Pure Mix) - DJ Fresh
Flat Out - Dopamine
Frontline - Ed Rush, Optical Matrix (can't race to this)
Aero Dynamik - Kraftwerk
City Lights (Martin Buttich Remix) - Loco Dice
Exceeder (Special Mix) - Mason
Smart Systems - MIST
Chemical - Move Ya! Steve Lavers
Seven Stiches - Noisia
Slingshot (Wipeout Mix) - Rennie Pilgrem BLIM
Sea of Sand (Wipeout Mix) - Shlomi Aber Guy Gerber
Tokyo - Stanton Warriors
Suspicious Thoughts - Skream

I don't remember what ones I thought were new, but maybe it was because I had only heard some of these in HD's limited track list.

rdmx
18th June 2009, 02:26 PM
Those are all straight from Wipeout Pulse on PSP. Nothing has been added or omitted.

El_Patas
18th June 2009, 02:29 PM
Arrgh, edited, i posted the list of music, but i'm more slow.

Also i have here a new video wich i posted in the other post.

This time i encoded the video first in Flash format, this is the format
Youtube uses, and now when i uploaded the video, is not lost too much
frames and do not runs all the video in a continue slodown.
Also have a little better quality.

I made various attempts for play a decent gameplay in the class
of Phantom with the Qirex, is so very fast, and difficult of A.I. set
in Medium.

This is the link of the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq0m3Sn46dM

Regards.

AG-wolf
18th June 2009, 02:30 PM
hmm, mybad then. Shows you how much I really played pulse since it came out back on psp :P

I give the game's soundtrack more credit now, some of these songs are actually pretty good and fit the game well.

Darkdrium777
18th June 2009, 02:41 PM
Is the game really that un-smooth on a PS2 though? From El Patas's videos it seems pretty smooth like running at around 40-50FPS, but if it actually compares with the framerate in WipEout HD's split-screen mode :blarg

archman
18th June 2009, 02:52 PM
Bug at 2:03 ?? The ship lands in an unusuall way, and stays a bit higher than it should be, and the shadow disappears?

Darkdrium777
18th June 2009, 02:55 PM
Yes, the shadows disappear, also in Pulse.

archman
18th June 2009, 03:11 PM
But ship's placement is awkward too imo, until the big drop, it corrects then. Never seen it on Pulse.

Also, about 30fps? bah!

AG-wolf
18th June 2009, 03:14 PM
Is the game really that un-smooth on a PS2 though? From El Patas's videos it seems pretty smooth like running at around 40-50FPS, but if it actually compares with the framerate in WipEout HD's split-screen mode :blarg

Dude, trust me. it runs at about 30fps, with occasional slowdown... well not so much slowdown as in it'll just drop frames.

NightArh
18th June 2009, 03:17 PM
What about ship customisation in Pulse PS2?

El_Patas
18th June 2009, 03:31 PM
You can have three different skins for every ship, i think it
works with the points of loyalty, because i have 24000 points now
for the Qirex, and i have the extra skins of Alternative, and Eliminator.

I don't know if more ahead you can have more
extra skins.

Regards.

DawnFireDragoon
18th June 2009, 09:15 PM
i wandered where you ordered your copy from. (which online store) and is it the english PAL version?

AG-wolf, you might've missed this question before...or ignored it :(

AnErare
18th June 2009, 10:40 PM
You can have three different skins for every ship, i think it
works with the points of loyalty, because i have 24000 points now
for the Qirex, and i have the extra skins of Alternative, and Eliminator.

I don't know if more ahead you can have more
extra skins.

Yes there are more! There is also a "concept" skin to unlock and the zone skin as well. The unlockables are as follows:

Unlockable How to Unlock
Alternate Skin Reach 4000 Loyalty Points with a team
Eliminator Skin Reach 8000 Loyalty Points with a team
Zone Skin Reach 16000 Loyalty Points with a team
Concept Skin Reach 25000 Loyalty Points with a team
Alternate Skins for every ship Reach 60000 Loyalty Points with any team
Eliminator skin for every ship Reach 75000 Loyalty Points with any team
Zone skin for every ship Reach 90000 Loyalty Points with any team
Concept skins for every ship Reach 100000 Loyalty Points with any team

Go on and get to 100k to see all the fine skins ;)

Darkdrium777
18th June 2009, 11:55 PM
Damn game crashes the emulator in zone mode :mad:
Another reason it needs to be released worldwide. Cmon SL, try and make it happen.

guillaume
19th June 2009, 07:30 AM
That would surprise me, but is there anyone at SL who would be in a position to do anything about this?

kanar
19th June 2009, 09:06 AM
You know guys, Sony is planning a headcount reduction of about 16,000 people and closure of eight of its 57 manufacturing sites. So marketing wipeout pulse on ps2 is probably not their priority. Bad times.

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressReleasesMolt/idUSTRE55I0V320090619

ACE-FLO
19th June 2009, 10:55 AM
I almost ordered this game online just now, but couldn't bring myself to do it.

Gonna attempt ordering again tonight.

wish me luck!

El_Patas
19th June 2009, 11:46 AM
Yes there are more! There is also a "concept" skin to unlock and the zone skin as well. The unlockables are as follows:

Unlockable How to Unlock
Alternate Skin Reach 4000 Loyalty Points with a team
Eliminator Skin Reach 8000 Loyalty Points with a team
Zone Skin Reach 16000 Loyalty Points with a team
Concept Skin Reach 25000 Loyalty Points with a team
Alternate Skins for every ship Reach 60000 Loyalty Points with any team
Eliminator skin for every ship Reach 75000 Loyalty Points with any team
Zone skin for every ship Reach 90000 Loyalty Points with any team
Concept skins for every ship Reach 100000 Loyalty Points with any team

Go on and get to 100k to see all the fine skins ;)

Mmmh...many thanks for the info, but i have 24000 points with one team
and i don't received the zone skin wich needs 16000 points...
I hope the zone and concept skins are not omitted...

Regards.

EDIT: okey, also is needed completing races in the Campaign mode, now i have the skin
of Zone.

AG-wolf
19th June 2009, 01:19 PM
I almost ordered this game online just now, but couldn't bring myself to do it.

What? Why? It's actually more fun to play on PS2 than PSP

ACE-FLO
19th June 2009, 01:26 PM
Hello AG-Wolf, Yeah I know what you're saying man... But owning the same game on two different consoles... I don't know man.

Thing is - I only ever play Pulse online - unless there aint a wifi spot, in which case I watch a good Kung-Fu movie or some anime... and only if that don't take my fancy, then and only then will I play Pulse offline.

The one thing that attracts me to Pulse on the PS2 is being able to take it round to Daves (Dave is a friend who has no PSP or PS3 but loves Fusion) yard for a skooling he'd never forget... That is pretty damn tempting I must say.

Then, there's another obstacle which I created myself - PS3, I want one - real bad, and am saving up for one (and a Sony Bravia 40") just so I can get involved on the HD circuit - now with the Fury pack to be released, I just can't get my head around what to do...

I'm still confused... and need soome help in making up my mind peeps - that is the truth!

Rapier Racer
19th June 2009, 01:36 PM
Pulse on PS2 won't set you back that much 20 quid or less not a substantial dent in your PS3 savings is it? It'll be interesting to see if I enjoy Pulse more on the PS2 it should have been on PS2 from the get go in my opinion. Am I right in assuming this game has all the extra DLC?

ACE-FLO
19th June 2009, 01:42 PM
Yep - all the extra DLC - but no online mode.

I know I've said this before, but the reason I've stuck with pulse so long is because of the online multiplayer option... and that is probably the only reason...

Yes -you are correct, £20 is hardly a dent in my wallet, but, I'm on a helluva budget since payroll messed up my salary two months in a row now... the + side is that end of this month, I should have the remainder of what I'm owed and this months salary too, which would be cool if I didnt owe my bank and building society money which has been borrowed...

Interest sucks, payroll sucks, and asking banks for a bigger overdraft facility sucks too man!

AG-wolf
19th June 2009, 02:46 PM
(and a Sony Bravia 40")
Bought one, it didn't have terrible input lag, but it was enough to throw off my timing in a few games and piss me off. Had a couple dead pixels, too, so I returned it and looked around for a while. If you're primarily going to be gaming with the TV, your best bet is a Sharp Aquos- lowest input lag of any of the dozens of TVs I tested in stores with both my PS3 and 360. Samsung and Sony have AMAZING picture quality, but they're just not as fast as the Aquos when it comes to gaming (Also, don't be confused when you're shopping, the "response time" is NOT the same as input lag... the Samsung I obught before the bravia had a 4ms "response time" but had about .1 or .2 seconds input lag... I couldn't even play Sonic or MegaMan it was so bad. Picture was good though :rolleyes: lol)

Can't tell you what to do except that any ps3 you buy now won't have PS2 backward compatibility, so you're still gonna have your PS2... and you might as well get the game because of that :P But if you only play online, then i guess its not worth it *shrug* Ive played pulse a total of about 1 hour online since the game came out, so that was never really a draw-card for me lol

ACE-FLO
19th June 2009, 02:53 PM
So the sharp Aquos is the one I should be looking for then - cool - as it is a much cheaper option than the SOny anyway...

Also - I've heard that the new Panasonic HD tv has a refresh rate of 600mhz - will this be an advantage?

(600mhz - thats like, alomost 500 more than the bravia lol)

Darkdrium777
19th June 2009, 04:09 PM
That would surprise me, but is there anyone at SL who would be in a position to do anything about this?That's why I said try... Unfortunately I don't believe myself they can make this kind of push. Oh well, I'll just skip the Zone events in the grid...

AG-wolf
19th June 2009, 04:58 PM
So the sharp Aquos is the one I should be looking for then - cool - as it is a much cheaper option than the SOny anyway...

Also - I've heard that the new Panasonic HD tv has a refresh rate of 600mhz - will this be an advantage?

(600mhz - thats like, alomost 500 more than the bravia lol)

all of that 120hz, 240hz, etc etc stuff is worthless. Well relatively, anyway. For games, it's pointless. What the TV does is analyzes frames from one to the next, and interpolates what the image might be if there were a frame BETWEEN two real frames, then it inserts that extra frame. It smooths things out to a degree, but it not only makes video look like it was shot with a home camcorder (the way it moves... watch a store demo with Pirates of the Caribbean or something, you'll see what i mean), it also adds more input lag because it's another extra step between the incoming signal and the picture element. You can usually turn it off, but since it f*cks up gaming, why spend the extra money if you're not going to use it anyway?

Darkdrium777
19th June 2009, 06:45 PM
HAHAHAHAHA There is a bug on The Amphiseum after the mag hill which sends you straight through the track and in the respawn zone!
How can you make a port, a year and a half later, with more bugs than the previous release? :lol

Nose down when you're there guys, but even then it will not always work.

Also: Plasma is even more useless. AI is still God with it, but for you more often than not it will shoot straight up into the sky! I can say Eliminator is a joy when this happens!

/rant

archman
19th June 2009, 07:47 PM
DD777's first sentence. +1

How can you have a mother****ing bugs in a 2 years old game?????????

Darkdrium777
19th June 2009, 08:13 PM
A hilarious video (http://www.mediafire.com/?kzoghnz0fem) :|

archman
19th June 2009, 09:38 PM
The shadow!! :D

Darkdrium777
19th June 2009, 09:40 PM
Yes, that's because I am not playing on a PS2 ;)

El_Patas
19th June 2009, 10:15 PM
I played a lot of times in the Amphiseum track, and this not happened
never to me, and the shadow seems a typical corruption fail of emulator.

I suspect you are playing the game in the PCSX2 emulator in the Pc,
and you know, this is why happens strange things and bugs.

If this is the PCSX2, is a surprise how good runs the game, is sure you have a
very powerful high specs Pc.

Regards.

Darkdrium777
19th June 2009, 10:22 PM
Re-writing:

The falling through the track bug happens on PS2. It's not the emulator. Watch your Amphiseum Phantom video again: on the second lap when you have autopilot active, you get slammed down. Again on the fourth lap, you get slammed down while carrying the autopilot. This, in combination with staying in the middle of the track, will make you fall through the track.
And if/when you use a turbo there, you will get respawned, no matter what, instantly upon touching the roof of that small tunnel section.

And yes, the shadows are because of the emulator, I already knew that thanks.

KIGO1987
20th June 2009, 01:45 AM
People who own both Pulse PSP and Pulse on the PS2.

What are the differences with the PS2 version over the PSP verson of Pulse?

Gameplay? Graphics? Dynamics? Add ons?

El_Patas
20th June 2009, 02:21 AM
Re-writing:

The falling through the track bug happens on PS2. It's not the emulator. Watch your Amphiseum Phantom video again: on the second lap when you have autopilot active, you get slammed down. Again on the fourth lap, you get slammed down while carrying the autopilot. This, in combination with staying in the middle of the track, will make you fall through the track.
And if/when you use a turbo there, you will get respawned, no matter what, instantly upon touching the roof of that small tunnel section.

And yes, the shadows are because of the emulator, I already knew that thanks.

Mmh...i'm not sure about the fall down when is used the autopilot, in the
second lap i have two ships juts in front of me, and i crashed on with them,
and in the four lap i don't see anything wrong when the ship have the
autopilot.

In what you are ritght is in using the turbo or the spinning of ships in this
tunnel, this cause a respawned, but dont' happens always, only happens
when you go to very high, but if you go in medium or low height when you
go across of the tunnel this problem not happens, and you can use
the turbos and spining of ships normally.

Is a bad news if this is not exist in the Psp version, but if you don't fly in
the maximum height in this tunnel, this is not a disaster for enjoy the game.

I made more races for testing this thing, and i find this happens only
when you touch the white light in the top center of the tunnel, or very
near of touching it, if not, nothing wrong happens, is visible in your video.

Regards.

kanar
20th June 2009, 07:15 AM
People who own both Pulse PSP and Pulse on the PS2.

What are the differences with the PS2 version over the PSP verson of Pulse?

Gameplay? Graphics? Dynamics? Add ons?

We have a cool 3 thread discussions together -this morning for me lol- mate :lol, well I played just a few and only noticed better graphics (just a little), & better framerate. For the people who don't own a ps3, that's a great game. But I'm really enjoying more HD cos' it's... in high definition 1080p & most important, beautiful 60fps. I'll try it more one of these days for sure, but launching hd feels more natural to me...

leungbok
20th June 2009, 07:51 AM
Yeah mate, sure, HD is my favorite too ! But racing arc prime, fort gale, platinum rush (or vertica Kigo ;)) on a big screen with a comfortable dualshock2 paddle is really cool 8)

blackwiggle
20th June 2009, 08:13 AM
I've GOT to get this.
I find trying to play PULSE or PURE for that matter on the PSP a total PITA.

After a certain age your eyesight goes regarding close proximity small screen and fast moving objects.

Trust me it will happen to you,it's inevitable to some extent.

KIGO1987
20th June 2009, 10:46 AM
Yeah mate, sure, HD is my favorite too ! But racing arc prime, fort gale, platinum rush (or vertica Kigo ;)) on a big screen with a comfortable dualshock2 paddle is really cool 8)

Ive missed a few days of browsing on these forums since i was ****ing up my guts in the city hospital. So i havent been able to check any posts/thread til today.

Checking... Pulse PS2 is just available as a digital file off the Playstation Store isnt it? I need to check the shops to see if there's a physical product i can purchase.

Works fine with the old PS3 backwards computability console yes?

Gotta find my DS2 Controller now. So i can use it on the game. Would like to use some proper airbrakes, not those stupid DS3 triggers,

leungbok
20th June 2009, 10:52 AM
The glitch showed by Darkdrium happened to me on my ps2 version, so it's not an emulator bug. It happened at least at phantom speed, to avoid that you have to nose down.

Not sure for that mate ! I play on my old ps2.

Colin Berry
20th June 2009, 10:57 AM
Didnt even realise it was out.....

All I know is, its getting a limited release of Ireland, Eastern Europe, Asia, basically places where the PS2 machine and games still sell to a reasonable level (they dont in UK, US, apparently - dont shoot the messenger)

I think you can find it on play.com

Oh and the conversion from PSP to PS2 was not done in house, as we've been working on Fury and other things.

El_Patas
20th June 2009, 11:55 AM
Ive missed a few days of browsing on these forums since i was ****ing up my guts in the city hospital. So i havent been able to check any posts/thread til today.

Checking... Pulse PS2 is just available as a digital file off the Playstation Store isnt it? I need to check the shops to see if there's a physical product i can purchase.

Gotta find my DS2 Controller now. So i can use it on the game. Would like to use some proper airbrakes, not those stupid DS3 triggers,

Hi,

i have the game and i posted the news here:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4889&page=32

This is a physical game for the Ps2, not a digital file of Playstation Store.
In Spain is available in stores and for buy online, and now seems the game
go out in UK in 26th, and only available for buy online, not in the stores,
caused for problems with the distributor.

In this link you can check another link where you can see real photos of the game,
and three movies i recorded with my digital camera.

And yes, i tested the game in the Ps3 a little time, and works well.

Regards.

KIGO1987
20th June 2009, 01:42 PM
Didnt have any luck on the Aus GAME website. Might go into the city tomorrow and ask them about it. They probably wouldnt have a clue what im talking about since most the workers/checkout people are hardcore PC enthusiasts or hardcore Cuntbox fans. Too dumb to understand the art of Wipeout.

Might have to ask one of you guys a favour up there, and possibly get one sent in the post if you want to. In return ill send over some Vegimite, i heard Englishmen like to spread it over there bread like jam. I hope it actually gets released here, but if it doesnt get exported here, i doubt the America's would get it at all.

ACE-FLO
20th June 2009, 02:52 PM
We got Vegimite here already mate - thanks for the offer, but No!

Unless you offer something a lot more tempting... Dunnno! lol

Lance
20th June 2009, 07:55 PM
I like Marmite on buttered toast, but I've never had Vegemite.

archman
20th June 2009, 08:01 PM
I know someone who bakes good pancakes...

DawnFireDragoon
20th June 2009, 08:21 PM
I need not say anymore. :hyper

Asayyeah
20th June 2009, 09:42 PM
I found it in a game store Friday end of afternoon.
You know what ? it's not a bad game , i find it a tad faster than psp equivalent, especially in zone mode i was stunt not to reach a high zone at my 1st attempt ( i did compared to Moa white psp : there's 32 zone difference :O)
There's also a weird countdown when you play internal view : when the race is starting you still have during 1 sec a real big 'GO' displayed on the screen a bit disappointing.
I find easier to push nose down on an old ps2 controller rather than the one from psp ( phat and slim) it's not ending like suddenly your ship goes to right or left cause the arrows are linked ( not with ps2)
Graphics like Christian said are better , not stunning ala HD but great even displayed on a lcd tv with an old ps2 (component cable is da best : forget usual RGB it sucks)
DLC tracks are mixed wiith normal ones into the grids and i find it cool SCEE doing that.

I am not that far into the grids to tell you more ( was answering Kigo's question) ;)

DawnFireDragoon
20th June 2009, 09:51 PM
yeah that countdown thing is a bit odd, but a small complaint.

And as Asayyeah says, the graphics have been upgraded a bit. the colours are strong, and it looks great even on big screens.

as soon as you start the game you have all 12 ships (that's including the four from the dlc packs) available. and by grid 2, so after about 3 races in grid 1, you get your first dlc track...Orcus white. it is very cool how the dlc tracks have been slipped into campaign....i'm not too far in either!!! :)

i think it's a great addition to the series and worth a buy.

i'm working on a video showcase of it for you guys now!

El_Patas
20th June 2009, 10:02 PM
I found it in a game store Friday end of afternoon.
You know what ? it's not a bad game , i find it a tad faster than psp equivalent, especially in zone mode i was stunt not to reach a high zone at my 1st attempt ( i did compared to Moa white psp : there's 32 zone difference :O)
There's also a weird countdown when you play internal view : when the race is starting you still have during 1 sec a real big 'GO' displayed on the screen a bit disappointing.
I find easier to push nose down on an old ps2 controller rather than the one from psp ( phat and slim) it's not ending like suddenly your ship goes to right or left cause the arrows are linked ( not with ps2)
Graphics like Christian said are better , not stunning ala HD but great even displayed on a lcd tv with an old ps2 (component cable is da best : forget usual RGB it sucks)
DLC tracks are mixed wiith normal ones into the grids and i find it cool SCEE doing that.

I am not that far into the grids to tell you more ( was answering Kigo's question) ;)

yeah that countdown thing is a bit odd, but a small complaint.

And as Asayyeah says, the graphics have been upgraded a bit. the colours are strong, and it looks great even on big screens.

as soon as you start the game you have all 12 ships (that's including the four from the dlc packs) available. and by grid 2, so after about 3 races in grid 1, you get your first dlc track...Orcus white. it is very cool how the dlc tracks have been slipped into campaign....i'm not too far in either!!! :)

i think it's a great addition to the series and worth a buy.

i'm working on a video showcase of it for you guys now!

Nice all you have the game!!!

But, the game is at last out now in the Uk?

I wait videos and more comments about differences between the
two versions.

The dlc tracks are not slipped in the campaign mode in the psp version?

Anyway enjoy the game!! :beer

xEik
20th June 2009, 10:13 PM
There's no need to quote the posts above yours. Read the rules, please.
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/announcement.php?f=18

DawnFireDragoon
20th June 2009, 10:13 PM
not entirely sure if it's out in the UK, the game retailers aren't selling it in store at all, and only selling it online next friday. i got a copy through amazon, who seem to be selling it now. however their main supplier wont have any copies till next friday either. but other private sellers do seem to have copies, that is how i got one.

it is the PAL, english version.

As for the DLC, in the PSP version, they each had their own grid, below the Phantom Grids.

check out this old video of mine, to see what i mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKuq9FahZ1A&feature=channel_page

i'm really enjoying it on the PS2!!!

El_Patas
20th June 2009, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the info, i hope all the people can have a copy next friday!!

About the dlc, is very nice are mixed in the Campaign mode of this
Ps2 version and not separate with their own grid , good video also.

Enjoy!!

KIGO1987
21st June 2009, 02:52 AM
You **** emerald dragoon. I envy you big time. Going to check out soon if there available here.

BTW Lance, Vegimite is better. Plus you American bastards own the rights to them now anyway.... Had Vegimite for brekky yesterday.

DawnFireDragoon
21st June 2009, 10:14 AM
lol. Sorry Kigo, but i need my wipeout, i just had to get it, no matter what!

for everyone who wants to take a look at the game, i've started to make a showcase for it...the first 5 mins, is just the menu stuff and what's been changed from the PSP version, so if you're just after some gameplay, go to about 6.30 to get to Moa therma, then Metropia after that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXFziVKuYl8

I'm gonna watch the British Grand Prix today!!! then make Part 2 with some split screen races and hopefully some of the DLC tracks, now included on the disc. it will be pure gameplay...probably with a soundtrack over it like my old videos.

lunar
21st June 2009, 11:09 AM
BTW Lance, Vegimite is better.

In your dreams Kigo ;) Lance, there is only one Yeast Extract. The only thing they have that we want is the Ashes. I suppose our incompetent cricket team will let them keep it. ;)

Apparently New Zealand has Marmite but it is different to the UK version, which is surely the original and best. Does Vegemite have a place in the language as something you love or hate? Such as Barrel Rolls could be described as a "Marmite" feature in HD and Pulse.

Which brings us back on topic. Great video Emerald Dragoon. "Quite Long Load Times" was possibly a nice piece of understatement? :lol It does look like a really fun game.

Is Jaytech confirmed in this? I will most likely get it one day, despite Sony`s efforts to stop us and make it difficult as possible. But we cannot be stopped, we shall overcome, we will not rest until we will have our Wipeout Pulse PS2! :mr-t

El_Patas
21st June 2009, 11:59 AM
Emerald Dragon nice and great job in the video, informative and
well explained.

Looks well the video, is recorded with a video camera?

Regards.

KIGO1987
21st June 2009, 12:42 PM
In your dreams Kigo ;) Lance, there is only one Yeast Extract. The only thing they have that we want is the Ashes. I suppose our incompetent cricket team will let them keep it. ;)

Apparently New Zealand has Marmite but it is different to the UK version, which is surely the original and best. Does Vegemite have a place in the language as something you love or hate? Such as Barrel Rolls could be described as a "Marmite" feature in HD and Pulse.

Marmite is ****ing foul, you prob get cancer eating that stuff. Even Gordon Ramsay preffers Vegemite over Marmite. Marmite is solidified crude oil. I love my Vegemite. Goes well with some nice fresh bread/toast and some marg/butter.

xtriko
21st June 2009, 02:40 PM
I have the game. Played a couple of races and turned off the ps2. Is it me or the handling is totaly screwed?

DawnFireDragoon
21st June 2009, 03:39 PM
Lunar: lol, yeah, probably the slowest loading wipeout game, which is a shame, as usually the series has very quick loads!!! not sure about Jaytech/Joytech???

El Patas: i use my digital camera, which has a simple video record option...so if something comes out looking even half decent it is a pleasent suprise!!!

xtriko: it feels 'different' not sure if thats the fact i'm using dual shock now or what, but it hasn't made me turn the game off!!!

Everyone: Marmite is the devils food.

xtriko
21st June 2009, 06:27 PM
To me the handling feels laggy... :(

El_Patas
21st June 2009, 07:37 PM
Hi,

thanks Emerald Dragon, looks very good, with your camera the colours are
more visible than in my videos, is possible i'm recording the videos very near
of the tv.

The control with the Dualshock is simple fantastic and comfortable for me,
and i'm playing whit the analog stick, i have more gradual precision in
handling and turn, nice. :P

Regards.

DawnFireDragoon
21st June 2009, 08:17 PM
xtriko: that really sucks that you are not enjoying it :(

El Patas: your video's are fine! no scan lines like mine!!!

just sat down and recorded some split screen and other things...gonna put another video up later on...so i will post a link in a couple of hours for anyone interested.

stay frosty.

Cyberio
21st June 2009, 09:32 PM
I know this is a port from PSP but... doesn't it recognize the L2 and R2 buttons?
Airbraking with L1 and R1 is a little mess. You have to see me pushing L2 and R2 and saying "what a s**t of brakes are these" lol.

DawnFireDragoon
22nd June 2009, 01:33 AM
2nd video covering pulse ps2...

zone, split screen, time trial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRE-5azE6rM

Darkdrium777
22nd June 2009, 01:46 AM
It's not a bad game, but it's not better than Pulse on PSP.
Haven't had troubles with framerate the time I tried it on an actual PS2 but from what the guys told me it's worse than on PSP... Also: more bugs, less features. And non portable.
As I said before, if you haven't got a PSP, but have a PS2, and can actually buy this game because by chance you happen to live in the 1% of the Earth's total surface it is available in, get it, otherwise it's not that important, you aren't missing much except slightly tweaked handling, a little better texture work, and more bugs.

Frances_Penfold
22nd June 2009, 03:00 AM
Just wanted to thank everybody for posting their impressions and also for those nice videos :)

I guess I'm not really surprised that the game is buggy-- the original was buggy and by all accounts it seems that the PS2 version was a budget-level port.

After a certain age your eyesight goes regarding close proximity small screen and fast moving objects.

Trust me it will happen to you,it's inevitable to some extent.

Heh, older gamer here with the opposite problem-- seriously near-sided and I feel disoriented to play on a "far-away" TV screen. I think that's the reason I mostly play portable games these days :frown:

HISHO[JP]
22nd June 2009, 07:45 AM
lol. Sorry Kigo, but i need my wipeout, i just had to get it, no matter what!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXFziVKuYl8

Dann, shadow of ships disappearing glitch (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76286&postcount=126) is still available!

Xavier
22nd June 2009, 01:45 PM
Hisho, I share your pain -- I despise Sony and their ridiculous region lockout system. I actually bought a cheap second PS2, from the US, so that I could play both Japanese and American games without messing with mod chips and disk swaps. There's no way I'm buying a third one just to play one European game.

At least we got Pure, which is (for me) the pinnacle of fun racing. Also the Japanese WO3 has a nifty feature where the controller vibrates when you get close to a wall. I have both the JP and NA versions, and the NA version doesn't do that.

As for Pulse, the PSP is region-free, and you can connect the PSP to a TV screen and play it that way. Not the same as a real PS2 game, but better than nothing.

Asayyeah
22nd June 2009, 02:32 PM
To me the handling feels laggy... :(
Just a question MAuro : Do you play with the normal cable (scart)? you shall search for a component cable (yuv)
I tried the 1st cable and it was purely horrible : like a constant blur and ship was moving oddly.
There's also a slight difference in term of gameplay i may reckon, i find dpad not acting like the one from psp but now it's ok i am used to it.
I also find the gameplay floatier than pulse : i was hardly doing a bouble BR ( BRs linked : when you land after a BR you up your nose and BR again) with psp and now with Ps2 it's way easier.
Nose down (jaytech) is working, but you can avoid the tape cause now with ps2 controller it's way easier to press down all the time without having a sudden changement of position from your ship.

Like Emerald said into his brilliant quality video : the loading time are a real pain in the arse. I think it's even a longer time to wait compared to OFW or CFW 222 psp

archman
22nd June 2009, 03:11 PM
Arnaud: I have an info that cfw @ 222 is far worse in fps than ofw. It's already stated on this forum that the default clock is at 266. :)

DawnFireDragoon
22nd June 2009, 03:54 PM
Hey everyone, i'll probably have yet another video up later...want to get one up with Eliminator (which is really fun on big screen!!!) and also vostok reef which looks great!

it'll be in several hours though, as i'm now off to the cinema to watch giant robots punch each other and blow stuff up.

Darkdrium777
22nd June 2009, 04:06 PM
BAYSPLOSIONS! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHLgeNqjrYw)

Just kidding, I liked Transformers 1 too.

DawnFireDragoon
22nd June 2009, 08:35 PM
lol at that video!!! and yeah, there's a lot of huge explosions is this movie...a lot.

but prepare to be dissapointed, i liked the first one, but this one is all over the place...it has it's moments...but generally :(

i saw it with five other people, who liked the first one, and we were all dissapointed...aside from a couple of really good scenes.

on topic: video 3 will probably be up tommorow at some point, as i'm busy tonight, then got work.

leungbok
23rd June 2009, 08:27 AM
Here a video of pulse ps2, speedlaps on the white tracks ;) . I'll try to do the same on the black tracks as soon as i unlock every stuff :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCql-Dt5TaY

cybrpnk
23rd June 2009, 10:29 AM
just bought my copy off game.co.uk

can't wait...

AnErare
23rd June 2009, 10:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCql-Dt5TaY

Very nice video. Your stunt on Moa white looks quite easy this way :D

leungbok
23rd June 2009, 12:29 PM
Hmmm, i'm not sure but i think the HD's moa shortcut is easier ! ;)

Mad-Ice
23rd June 2009, 03:05 PM
Again super dooper!! Is Pulse PS2 faster, slower or the same as Pulse PSP version?

Keep 'em coming Leungbok.

leungbok
23rd June 2009, 03:37 PM
Hi Mate
For the speed i really don't know, the feeling is that pulse ps2 is faster, but when i look at my psp laptimes they look faster. As an example on moa i'm at 21.93 with one br (on the last turn) and 22.22 on ps2 with approximatively the same race. If you have both games, your opinion interest me a lot ! :)

Mad-Ice
23rd June 2009, 07:30 PM
I ordered it, but I am still waiting for it. Then, I have to find a PS2 somewhere. As soon as I have it I will let you know.

In your Youtube Pulse PS2 vid you did 2 BRs on Moa. The BR on the last turn has to be perfectly low and fast. Otherwise it is faster without and maybe just maybe it is faster without the last BR anyway, I am not sure!!

ACE-FLO
23rd June 2009, 08:42 PM
Don't know about the PS2 veriso but on PSP - I get through Moa W faster if I don't BR the last turn!

leungbok
23rd June 2009, 09:30 PM
I ordered it, but I am still waiting for it. Then, I have to find a PS2 somewhere. As soon as I have it I will let you know.

In your Youtube Pulse PS2 vid you did 2 BRs on Moa. The BR on the last turn has to be perfectly low and fast. Otherwise it is faster without and maybe just maybe it is faster without the last BR anyway, I am not sure!!
Sure mate, but on my 22.22 (and my 21.93 psp), i only performed one br at the end, pretty low AND hitting the speedpad ;)

DawnFireDragoon
23rd June 2009, 10:14 PM
great video Leunbok, look forward to the next one! your vids really give a great view of the game been played in Phantom, i can't do half the stuff you pulled off in that video!!! :)

AnErare
23rd June 2009, 10:17 PM
Sure mate, but on my 22.22 (and my 21.93 psp), i only performed one br at the end, pretty low AND hitting the speedpad ;)

Friggin hell that must be apex surfing to the max. I can do 22.59 on Moa white with a roll and .51 on black with no br but that already is insanely tight..

Sausehuhn
23rd June 2009, 10:41 PM
Those DLC-tracks look amazing! They looked pretty awesome from what I had seen already, but now even more.
Makes me wonder if I should ever get the DLC for the PSP version…

AnErare
23rd June 2009, 10:56 PM
In my opinion you should :)

Just wait for Leungbok his video of the black runs ;)

MrSmadSmartAlex
23rd June 2009, 11:13 PM
The DLC tracks are amazing!:D They're really challenging, and look great. Gemini Dam Black is my favourite track in Pulse, maybe even in any Wipeout! I'd recommend the packs definitely. And Icaras is great for TT.

leungbok
24th June 2009, 07:45 AM
In my opinion you should :)

Just wait for Leungbok his video of the black runs ;)
I've already recorded 5 black tracks, and yes the packs tracks are awesome, but also very hard to race, lol. i'll need some time to perform decent time on it (and also the time to unlock them all :lol). You can do 2 br on moa black, like in HD ;)

Asayyeah
24th June 2009, 07:59 AM
Hey Matthijs , i can bring my ps3 and also my ps2 slim + Pulse, i am not that far compared to Leungy but i hope to unlock every tracks before this weekend ( btw i am gonna phone you on your mobile end of afternoon to fix all details for my coming ;))

Honestly till now i am only disapointed by the horrendous long time of loading, even if you restart the race you just finish it's really really long to wait.

I also feel it faster than psp but i haven't compared my phantom laptime yet , i wanna finish the grids 1st.( opened grid 11)

leungbok
24th June 2009, 08:11 AM
True Asa, the loading are the BIG negative point of the game !!

Asayyeah
24th June 2009, 08:15 AM
Time to select a track, a ship, then loading time equal to the racetime you gonna race :turd

KIGO1987
24th June 2009, 09:16 AM
I just called GAME then. They've never heard of Pulse on the PS2 platform, its not even coming up on there POS systems as backorder. Seems like this game is never coming to Aus, ****sake!

DawnFireDragoon
24th June 2009, 10:53 AM
i normally go make a cup of tea while the game loads...i'm not kidding either, i have actually done that a couple of times!!!! :coffee

Amorbis
24th June 2009, 01:39 PM
Today I received Pulse PS2 in the post from Amazon after a longer than expected wait. The game itself is very good from what I can tell and if wasn't lacking the PSP version's extra features then this would be the definitive version. There are a few differences between the two from what I can tell. For example, ships now have more detailed/altered liveries and have new eliminator liveries. Perhaps we could have a differences thread which goes into more detail on these things.

I've been playing my copy on my PS3 and it works fine bar one very important feature, the save function. So far I've made three profiles and none have saved even though I've checked to see if the virtual memory card is in. Funnily in the PS3's XMB it displays these saved profiles but Pulse simply wont load them. Looks like I'll be getting the PS2 out :(. I'll see if I can find a way to get around the, but then again this PS2 shouldn't be any worse.

Asayyeah
24th June 2009, 01:40 PM
Lol Emerald
can't tell you what i am doing while the game loads : ah yes switching to HDMI channel n' i am playing zone mode HD :g

Edit : weird! Amorbis
so it may play on a ps3 but no possibilities for you to load your previous savegame?

KIGO1987
24th June 2009, 01:44 PM
Saw those Vids, those loading times are yonks. When i face the problem of infinite loading times i hit the AV button and watch some tele in the mean time for the time to pass.

Putting Wipeout Pulse on the PS2 from the PSP, sure does back Sony's "ten year product cycle", that they ensure on all there consoles that they release. Good on them for keeping there word. That is why Sony consoles are in a league of there own in comparasion to the Cuntbox Empire.

Amorbis
24th June 2009, 01:51 PM
So far Asa I don't really have a clue what it's doing. I know PS3 emulation of PS2 games isn't as good as the real thing but it surprises me that it can't load. Every time I boot Pulse up it prompts me to create a new profile even though I've already created more than one. I'll give it another chance and attempt to load it a few more times. Hopefully when I go to load the profile it wont give me the empty profile list again.

DawnFireDragoon
24th June 2009, 01:52 PM
Asayyeah: that's a brilliant idea!!!

Amorbis: even on ps2, autoload has failed me a couple of times, so i've had to go into my profile and manual load. odd.

Kigo: it's had some great games at the end of it's 'life cycle': final fantasy xii / wipeout pulse / burnout dominator. i still love the old ps2.

i really love this game, despite a few flaws...and it really makes me want whoever did do this port to do a wipeout pure one with all that games amazing DLC...but that's just not gonna happen. :(

BTW that video i promised is still coming. been really busy!

Asayyeah
24th June 2009, 01:58 PM
Damn yes Pure PS2 :hyper
With all the DLC included !

Sadly i bet you're right , they will never release it.

Oh and btw 39.90 euros for a ps2 game bought in a french Gameshop is pretty expensive don't you think so? How much have you paid for your own pulse, you guys?

Amorbis
24th June 2009, 02:01 PM
Gosh Asa that's a lot for a PS2 game! I only paid £18 off of Amazon, that's about €21. Most PS2 games are sub £20 in the UK.

Also, I'm still having no luck with saving so I'll see how my PS2 fares with it.

DawnFireDragoon
24th June 2009, 02:07 PM
yeah, i paid £18 too...but i would have paid more, as i love Wipeout too much to miss out on this game. especially as it's a limited release.

good luck with the PS2 Amorbis! :)

back later, with that video link.

KIGO1987
24th June 2009, 02:25 PM
Pure PS2 would be really great too. With the game having all the DLC gaming ships/tracks and soundtracks. That would sell great.

The Playstation 2 still has a huge share of the market. These titles should sell alot.

Amorbis
24th June 2009, 04:20 PM
I've tried the PS2 now and it works fine, I haven't encountered any saving issues yet. Unfortunately the PS2 uses a scart socket making the image very blurry so I decided to try on the PS3 again. After messing around with the PS3's internal memory cards and stuff I think I've got it to work properly. By manually saving and loading it has a higher success rate and the problem of it not being able to 'see' save files is overcome by saving until the save is viewable in the load option. Not perfect but it beats being able to barely read the text due to horrible blurriness.

And with that shaky workaround I can now enjoy Pulse PS2 on my PS3 :D.

AnErare
24th June 2009, 07:43 PM
Wow, I've been ripped off. I've paid E45 for it.. :$

Rapier Racer
25th June 2009, 12:04 AM
Got it in the post yesterday, doesn't seem to save/load correctly on the PS3. I'll assume its OK on PS2 but I ain't draggin it out the wardrobe for one game. Just bought it for part of the collection really, you know how it is eh. Handlings a bit screwy I gotta say.

AnErare
25th June 2009, 12:13 AM
You can do 2 br on moa black, like in HD ;)

But that's possible on PSP as well, in the corner before the first magstrip and the short tilting section before the corner into the loop.

Asayyeah
25th June 2009, 10:23 AM
Amorbis : you could also find a cheap component cable for ps2/ps3 (it works for both) and play it nicely through your ps2 if you still having some save problem ( or too much hassle to do it everytime)

leungbok
25th June 2009, 12:33 PM
Black tracks : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC_QVNgZJVI
:)

Amorbis
25th June 2009, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the tip Asa, but I think I'm fine with my PS3 :). I seem to have a working profile with the only hindrance being it has to be manually loaded.

Leungbok that video is crazy! :eek I'm going to try and work some of those shortcuts into my racing line, thanks! :D

genjix
25th June 2009, 09:39 PM
hey,

i love wipeout and have been waiting for a long time to get a psp so i can buy pure. but just saw this today and am thrilled.

is pulse better than pure? is this a special edition- if i wait a while before buying, will it become hard to find?

i see it on amazon right now. really want so bad but am -£50 in bank and would have to borrow to buy it lol :p so if i can wait then id rather wait till i have the money.

Rubix42
26th June 2009, 02:37 PM
This may have been asked already, and I apologize if it was answered, I did not see the answer myself.

I know I can order this from Europe right now. Will I be able to play it on my US PS3 or is it region locked? I have the original 60GB model with full Backward compatibility.

Darkdrium777
26th June 2009, 04:58 PM
No, it won't.

Rubix42
26th June 2009, 06:14 PM
Bummer. I would love to play those tracks on the big screen. Oh well, back to waiting on Fury...

DawnFireDragoon
26th June 2009, 08:41 PM
Hey everyone, sorry this video is a bit late (a combination of loads of work / bad internet connection and really great weather delayed it!!!)

this one is just a look at a few other things not in parts 1 and 2. Not great gameplay or anything, but there it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLK06qUEEPU

enjoy.

Nemhain
29th June 2009, 11:22 AM
What the **** happened to the PR on this one, Sony?

Still, it's a great addition. I love playing Pure, but that tiny screen coupled with that ferocious speed wrecks your head after a while. Phoned up some shops here in Ireland and it seems to be retailing at €39.99.

Gettin' it this evening - YAY ^^

genjix
29th June 2009, 02:45 PM
ripoff- i just got it for £15 on amazon

Nemhain
29th June 2009, 06:34 PM
I felt ripped off the moment I heard the price.

And now that I'm playing it I feel even more swindled. My PSP version never worked fully (which coincidentally I found today after losing it for 6 months) so today's the first time I've ever played Pulse; and comparing the substandard packaging, b/w book and ingame menu layout to Pure, makes me feel Pulse is really cheap.

Not to mention those constant 40 sec loading times and lag (music stutters when you switching through the team ships... ffuuu) make this a disappointment. Gonna try and get into the gameplay, that might redeem it all....

leungbok
29th June 2009, 07:12 PM
Yes pulse ps2 is far from the psp version in terms of contents. No online, no skin editor, no possibilities of creating his own grids (i suppose, i have to finish the phantom grid^^). And Also the loading time is horrendous. But one thing is awesome with pulse ps2, it's the feeling of speed, it's over HD and pulse psp, maybe even over fusion.

cybrpnk
30th June 2009, 08:12 AM
WOOHOO!!! my copy arrived today from game.co.uk...

wish I could play WipEout Pulse right now...but my PS2 is at my gf's place...:(

bugger...

Mateo
30th June 2009, 02:55 PM
Is there much difference between the handling/physics form PS2 Pulse and Wipeout HD?

Rapier Racer
30th June 2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah big time! Pulse PS2 handling is simply atrocious no other way of putting it. HD handling is a thousand times better.

Asayyeah
1st July 2009, 10:12 AM
You can get used to it Stephen, it's just a matter of time but the big question is : Will pulse ps2 still be played when Fury will be released soon ? ermmm i am not sure at all ;)

Nunalho
1st July 2009, 12:40 PM
Well, i played the game yesterday and i was utterly disappointed!

- The game runs very poorly, crappy framerate;
- Letters are hard to read, they seem out of focus;
- Graphics are poor for a PS2 game, they seem overall better on PSP;
- HUGE ASS Loadings;
- It´s a strait up port from the PSP that does not even allow me to change the air brakes to R2/L2, lamme;
- The only part that is superior to the PSP version are the ships that have somewhat better detail, but overall Pulse on the PSP looks and plays better.

I ll stick with HD and PSP pulse.
:naughty

KIGO1987
1st July 2009, 12:58 PM
Might be the reason why the bloody game isnt coming to Aus. I might take you up on that offer Arnaud, because i wouldnt mind having this game to my collection. Pulse is really good game, worst factor about of it, is its loading times. Interesting thing is, when you think about it, this is the first Wipeout game on the Playstation 2 in 7 YEARS!!!!!!!

Asayyeah
1st July 2009, 02:34 PM
- The game runs very poorly, crappy framerate;
- Letters are hard to read, they seem out of focus;
- Graphics are poor for a PS2 game, they seem overall better on PSP;-

Your 1st 3 points are imo related to your cable : i hope you have a lcd tv (or a sdtv compatable)then you ll only need to buy a component cable (YuV) cause tbh it looks far better than psp in those conditions and feeling of speed is faster aswell.

Kieran : tell me if you want it now ( brand new or cheaper 2nd hand one?) and give me your adress through msn.

Rapier Racer
1st July 2009, 07:11 PM
You can get used to it Stephen, it's just a matter of time but the big question is : Will pulse ps2 still be played when Fury will be released soon ? ermmm i am not sure at all ;)

I don't have the patients for it Arnaud lol I can't stand how rough and poor the framerate is after being spoiled by HD for so long, did the PS2 always looks that bad?

As far as playing it after Fury arrives well, I ain't playing it now really bought it for collection purposes.

Nunalho
1st July 2009, 11:45 PM
Your 1st 3 points are imo related to your cable : i hope you have a lcd tv (or a sdtv compatable)then you ll only need to buy a component cable (YuV) cause tbh it looks far better than psp in those conditions and feeling of speed is faster aswell.

My tv is a 32" LG HDTV 1080p. Maybe the game looks better on SD tvs, dunno.
But i have a component cable, the same that i use on my second PS3, and connected to PS2 it still looks poor.
My opinion remains, only the ships looks better than the psp version.

Asayyeah
2nd July 2009, 10:22 AM
yes i can understand Stephen, there's framerates drop while racing sometimes the other ships but SL & TT runs pretty smoothly ( i know you are not a big fan of those last 2 modes, mister killer instinct :P)

Nunalho i am a bit surprised cause with your great setup you shall see a good difference in term of graphics, i tested it on 3 different lcd tvs (no sd though) with various friends who also got the psp pulse and they found it great looking ( better than psp).

Ok, it can't compare to HD with its 60 fps in 1080p but still very playable and enjoyable, it's even faster (the speed ) than HD ( comparing phantom to phantom)

To Christian : i did finished the grids (12 hours 20 min) and nothing happened actually, no bonuses like a DL of Fury 1 month before his release date :lol ( shame ;) )
I also did a 21.38 outpost7 white with agS and now i can understand what you were talking about saving our ghosts : actually there's no option at all to record them as you mentionned ( sry i haven't get what you said previously), it's really a limited version of Pulse psp

leungbok
2nd July 2009, 11:09 AM
Yes Arnaud, it'll be a way of playing pulse with my friends at home on split screen and to record some videos if needed. But i already went back on my psp's version :lol. Congrats for your outpost, mate :beer

XpanDrome2097
4th July 2009, 02:34 PM
For me it's a great conversion, for me this PS2 porting is great!
On my TV the graphic is better than the PSP version and the game is very fast....this is fantastic ;)!
But I've played on another 2 TVs at the house of my friend and the game doesn't looks good as my TV (and the differences for his 2 TVs are evident), but is really nice at the same time!
Very positive: the PS2 version contains all the ships and the track originally contained in the PSP's special packs....this is another good point for this game!
Some features of the original PSP game looks modified: for first, the Zone ships are different and for me this models looks better than the PSP versions (the PSP's Zone models looks too simple for me), especially the Feisar zone ship, very nice to see....second, the one player mode presents different objects than the PSP version, because it implements the new tracks.
I gotta repeat this? For me this version rules :+!

Sausehuhn
4th July 2009, 05:20 PM
Is anybody willing to take (non-blurry) screenshots of the updated ship models? Or in-game screens in general? I'm interested :)

G-Hob
6th July 2009, 06:25 PM
- It´s a strait up port from the PSP that does not even allow me to change the air brakes to R2/L2, lamme;

That's completely unexcusable and disgraceful.

But it makes me feel better about Pulse PS2 not getting a US release. :)

Lance
6th July 2009, 06:30 PM
G-Hob! Longtime no see. Hi.

XpanDrome2097
8th July 2009, 08:31 AM
That's completely unexcusable and disgraceful.

But it makes me feel better about Pulse PS2 not getting a US release. :)
Why this is "completely unexcusable" :o?
If you don't like this, you can change the button configuration in the configuration menu.
For me the L1/R1 airbrakes feels as the same as L2/R2 buttons, maybe i'll be like a "dissacrator" for this, but the only reason to make me say this "dangerous" notice is because my PS2 joypad has the L2/R2 buttons completely corrupted and I don't ave any money to buy a new one :g!
And the decision to use the little L/R buttons feels like the first times I was playing the first Wipeout games with the original PSX controller (No Dual Shock) ;).

El_Patas
8th July 2009, 04:42 PM
Is anybody willing to take (non-blurry) screenshots of the updated ship models?
Or in-game screens in general? I'm interested :)

You can see screens in general, and links to videos uploaded in
youtube by me, and people from here, in this link:

http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_hilo-oficial-wipeout-pulse_1248624

Enjoy Pulse Ps2!!:P

Mateo
8th July 2009, 06:19 PM
Got the game last week and tried it yesterday for the first time. Never played the PSP games, so it felt very weird, but it was fun. I did the first two grids and the campaign is great fun (and very long:)). Graphics are nice for a PS2 game and I would recommend the game. But the long loading times are very annoying and also if you know HD (or the PSP games of course) your getting bored pretty fast. If you haven't played the PSP Pulse and you can get it for 25-30€ (or less) I would recommend the game, otherwise not.

ACE-FLO
13th July 2009, 03:27 PM
I would recommend the game, otherwise not.

Oh ye, whom speaketh thine in riddles, riddles speaketh do they not?

hn9354
19th July 2009, 07:31 AM
I achieved a royalty point of Icaras to 100,000.
However, the concept skin was not unlocked.:|
What is the condition of unlocking the concept skin?

- Now -
Icaras 100,000
EG-X 47,000
Other ship 25,000

Alternate Skin Reach 5,000 Loyalty Points with a team
Eliminator Skin Reach 12,000 Loyalty Points with a team
Zone Skin Reach 25,000 Loyalty Points with a team
Concept Skin No?

25,000~    There was nothing.

El_Patas
27th July 2009, 02:17 PM
I reached also the 100000 points with the Qirex ship, and
not appeared the concept skin, the same for the other
all ships, acordinglyng with a faq says in gamefaqs for the psp
version, all the skins for all the ships are unlocked if you reach the
100000 points with one ship:

4000 - Unlock Alternate skin for team you are using
8000 - Unlock Eliminator skin for team you are using
16000 - Unlock Zone craft for team you are using
25000 - Unlock Concept craft for team you are using
60000 - Unlock Alternate skins for all other teams
75000 - Unlock Eliminator skins for all other teams
90000 - Unlock Zone craft for all other teams
100000 - Unlock Concept craft for all other teams

Is posible the Ps2 version don't have the concept skin, and not
unlock all the other skins with the 100000 points?

This is really strange because in the right of the bar, you
can see more rectangles to fill after the 100000 points, but
is not posible continue completing them in any mode of
the game. :?

Regards.

NightArh
27th July 2009, 02:56 PM
I think it is a bug :( I have just reached 100k points with AG-Systems on PSP Pulse and opened all the skins including concept

archman
27th July 2009, 03:23 PM
Ports just work! :)

hn9354
27th July 2009, 05:38 PM
The bar is max on the team selection screen. However, there is a space
to a bar by the race result.
The skin of other ships was not unlocked by 100,000 arrival.
The unlocked royalty point has been changed in the PS2 version.

Mateo
29th August 2009, 02:35 PM
Is there any trick to not corrupt your save game? I've started three profiles, the first one was damaged when I was already at the phantom campaign, second time it was damaged when I was at the third or fourth campaign part and the last time it was damaged when I was at the second to last part.

Memory card had been formatted before starting a new game every time. First time I used just auto save, second time auto save + manual save, when auto save refused to work and the last time just manual save.

:bomb

DawnFireDragoon
30th August 2009, 11:33 AM
it just seems to be pot luck whether your save works or not.

you say you tried a play through manual saving only...and it still corrupted? that was going to be my only suggestion to help you. thats c£*P! :(

this port is great, but very buggy...which is a bit of a shame. reminds me off the fusion bugs. my firend finished all of fusion, then the next day tried to load and his save was corrupted. :(

bastienrehm
2nd October 2009, 08:52 PM
Well, just got my copy today.

Thought I'd share my thoughts.

Everything is pretty much what you'd expect from the game.

My big regret is that it simply has a crappy framerate. Like, really.

The only truly enjoyable mode in this ps2 port is zone mode because you're alone and there is almost nothing to slow down the frame rate. Even so it's not nearly as fluid as the psp version.

I tested the game in both 50 and 60hz and as I've read in this thread that some people were having issues with the controls, have you tried NOT playing in 50hz ?
In this mode the game feels like it has incrdible input lag and the framerate is even worse.
Unless you have no choice I highly recommend NOT playing in 50hz mode.

That is a fact, the game IS blurry. It feels like a blur filter was added to try to reduce the aliasing effect (which fails). It wouldn't surprise me if this effect was the root of the framerate problem...
Also my cables, Tv and console are not to be blamed with the blur problem, I play Fusion with the exact same setup, it's perfectly clear (although really aliased if you actually look for it and on a side note much more fluid.)

This framerate issue is really what kills the game, it kinda feels "homebrew".

For those who still want to play the game and are really pissed with the loading times, if you have a ps2 network adapter and an old IDE hard drive, I'd recommend playing your game from it. With this method, my loading times are never above 15 seconds.
It's also a great way to keep your dvds in mint condition.

Hope this helps.

Cyberio
4th October 2009, 08:19 PM
Even these days i am still unlocking new tracks, counting both black & white versions i have 24 right now.
This is magnificent, a wipeout title with a huge number of tracks. And i don't have all yet.

The only thing i miss is 60 fps instead of 30, nothing more.

And the environment of the tracks are simply brilliant.

ajuk
18th October 2009, 01:04 AM
What interests me about this game is that the first Wipeout game for the PS2 came out at the beginning of its life, now towards the end of it's life and with the PS3 established we have this, I would like to see how graphics have been improved on despite the game being for the same system.

Hail Seizure
22nd October 2009, 02:03 PM
I got this today (it took a bit of hunting around town; all the game shops round here seem to be phasing out PS2 games, and I eventually found a copy for a tenner at CEX of all places), and I've been playing it for the last hour or so.

Positives:
The frame rate is fine in 60Hz mode.
It actually HAS a 60Hz mode!
Seems to have split screen 2 player, but I haven't tried it yet because I have no friends.
The ship models look stunning.
It has ships and tracks that are DLC on the PSP.
I really like the Icaras.

Negatives (deep breath):
No 480p. Why the hell not?
Forced use of the godawful DualShock 2 pad. Even Fusion lets me use my old digital PS1 controller FFS.
It doesn't let you assign ANYTHING to L2 or R2. In a Wipeout game, this is incredibly stupid for obvious reasons. I've had to assign the airbrakes to face buttons (which I have also done on Pure and PSP Pulse), which actually somehow feels fairly natural with the non-floaty handling. But still, it's the principle that counts.
Insanely long load times between races, even when you restart a race and you'd think the game wouldn't have to load the entire sodding track all over again. Long loading times also apply when the game enters demo mode, which could cause annoyance in the future if I leave the console for a few minutes and then return to find it half way through loading some demo race, meaning I have to wait even LONGER to play the game. There doesn't seem to be any way to disable demo mode.
Lack of crowd noise and environmental sounds makes the races seem weirdly lifeless.
The game tries to play music and access data at the same time on the ship select screen, causing a very irritating skipping effect in the music.
Saving is now an exciting bonus game of chance, programmed by someone who needs their head nailing to the floor.

To sum up: Despite the flaws it's not bad for a tenner. If you get both versions, play this one first, then be amazed by the PSP version. Just make sure there's nothing important on your memory card before you try saving...

Hail Seizure
24th October 2009, 08:32 PM
I've had the game for a few days now, and the memory card bug has become a huge annoyance. How the hell did this piece of crap get through QA?

When it actually deigns to allow me to play it, the game is superb and it looks amazing: there's even small details, like the new Eliminator skins and the extra thrusters that light up when you go over a boost pad, that aren't in the PSP version, so at least whoever was responsible for the bits between the loading screens put some love into it, but unfortunately the flakey, card-corrupting save/load system ruins it totally.

http://zibarre.iforumer.com/images/avatars/zibarre/882775173493afccc74174.jpg

EDIT:

Oh and the conversion from PSP to PS2 was not done in house, as we've been working on Fury and other things.

Ahhhh that explains it.

El_Patas
21st November 2009, 12:30 PM
I played a lot of times and never i have any bug when i'm saving
in the memory card.

Is better having the official Sony 8MB memory cards, not the clon
cards, which can cause a lot of problems.

I don't know if you are talking about saving in the emulated
memory card in Ps3, which is knowed the emulation fails,
play the game in the Ps2.

And for the loading times, install the game on a hard disk,
the loading times are very reduced and you can really enjoy
a lot this fantastic game.

Off course having a hard disk is wonderful for any other game.:guitar

Regards.

AG-wolf
28th November 2009, 01:03 PM
Most memory card issues are caused by dirty contacts on the card itself (think back to the old Nintendo...well for people in North America and most of Europe anyway). Get a cotton swab and some window-cleaner or similar light chemical cleaner and just wipe down the metal tabs on the memory card.

As far as Pulse on PS2- fusion looked better, in my opinion. Pulse looks awful on PS2...

I'll second Patas' comment about a hard drive though... I have a 160gb drive in my PS2 and I use HDloader 0.8c (I think) and games boot like a dream. I ripped most of my games to the hard drive because my ps2's dvd lens was starting to die. Load times are almost non-existent, there's no further wear and tear on my DVD drive, and my discs stay in their boxes.

Cyberio
28th November 2009, 01:12 PM
Wow, Pulse PS2 loading times will be non-existant then, the negative point of the game.

AG-wolf
28th November 2009, 10:23 PM
nah, it still has load times, just nowhere near as bad as playing it from the disc... That's just Pulse though... Games like Okami load WICKED fast compared to the disc; you jump straight into and out of battles for example...

Pulse has far more negative aspects than bad load time, though ;)

aethernet
1st December 2009, 05:20 AM
Ugh. I played grid for like 4 hours, and made sure that it saved properly. Then I loaded it up today and my profile was totally gone. I'm using regular sony memcards on a ps2 slim. I was like nooooooooooooo. Then I got sad.

XpanDrome2097
18th February 2010, 12:05 PM
After months and months of intensive Pulse PS2 playing...am returned to the "classic" PSP version, and I gotta say that the PSP version is more fascinating than the PS2 porting under every point of view.

PS2 positive points:

- All the teams and tracks form PSP's DLC;
- Great graphic/action at 60 HZ;
- Eliminator/Zone ships looks awesome, very original;

PS2 negative points:

- Memory Card bug is absolutely hateful, my PS2 memory card has a bit of damaged data for this;
- no Prototype ships;
- framerate is very crap in the most intensive sections of gameplay;
- some graphic bugs;
- L1/R1 used as airbrakes...why? And L2/R2? Strange idea.

PSP positive point:

- All.

PSP negative points:

- Now I need the Eliminator/Zone ships of the PS2 porting...
- Bonus contents downloadable only under payment.

ksc6000
10th March 2010, 10:55 PM
Sadness :(

I was just watching videos for this game on youtube, and I thought it looked fantastic. Seeing all the negatives ppl talking about it on the PS2 are disappointing and upsetting.

Then again, I don't even know, even if I were to find a copy, if it would play in my American PS2, since this game was only released in Europe. And even if there are capable emulators for the psp, I doubt my laptop (2GB ram, 1.8 Ghz Core2Duo), would be able to run it well.

Oh and I don't have the money for a PSP, nor the desire, as I don't like handheld gaming. I just want this game.

Sadness

Medusa
11th March 2010, 03:31 AM
You need a European PS2, but the great news is that Pulse runs at 60hz, meaning you don't need a special tv to play it on (usually PAL region games don't run on American tvs).
The fact that you don't have to go through the hassle of importing foreign PSN cards just to get the DLC is pretty cool IMO.

But, a good alternative (to importing a PAL PS2, and a voltage converter as well) would be to get a PSP and use a video out cable to your tv. That way, it's not really handheld gaming...
I nearly died of old age waiting on the loading times for Pulse on PS2. Not so with the PSP.

Err, sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough...
are their modchips for PS2's that let them read PAL format discs? That would be the cheapest route I'm sure.

XpanDrome2097
18th March 2010, 12:46 PM
Medusa, Pulse for PS2 is not a good purchase in my opinion: today I've played again, but the effect was a totally disgust!
At the first times that I've played Pulse on PS2 I've said that is a nice conversion, but at that time I don't have played the PSP version from months and months...now am playing it again on PSP and...I don't know, but the original for PSP is mooooore better, the PS2 porting is crappy...and the memory card's bug is absolutely F*****G HATEFUL :bomb!
I've took it again to drive my Auricom (because I don't have any DLC for PSP), but the driving system on PS2 is different, the ships are harder to handle than the PSP versions: the ships are more difficul to control at the higher speeds in the PS2 vrs that the original for PSP.
Bad new.

dreamerx
18th April 2010, 12:39 AM
I finally found some time to play this conversion, and I must say that this version rocks for me :rock because I can play with "normal" analog stick :hyper. Lower fps and loading times are no problem for me. Maybe I will get angry when save bug will occur but after finishing 3 grids and few races from racebox, "save bug" this still not happen to me.

BTW. I think phantom in Pulse is craziest in whole series.

MaxiM
11th June 2010, 08:32 PM
I'm enjoying the game for a couple of days now. It totally rocks! Way better than trying to play PSP version on big screen (but Pulse on PSP looks as good possible, I think only HD looks better). Yeah, there's the savebug and I have to switch memory card 2 to slot 1 while removing mc1 completely (both original Sony MCs) every time I launch Pulse, but other than that it's good, especially since I got original component cable. Only thing that really sucks is the lack of multiplayer or at least custom skins. I love my custom Assegai :|

Medusa
29th October 2010, 04:15 PM
I was playing this again recently, and I have to say, the actual gameplay I enjoy far more than PSP version, because:
-It's so much more comfortable using the Dualshock to play.
-The DLC tracks/ships are all integrated into the grids, so you don't practice the heck out of the regular tracks and then suddenly have all these new ones in just 2 grids at the end. This makes it so much more fun! The DLC tracks actually have some sort of identity to me now. I lumped them all together before, haha.
-Multiplayer. None of my friends have PSPs, so if I don't play online I have no multiplayer--this has split-screen and is really fun!
-The different ship skins. So cool!
-It does seem a bit faster. Even if it's just my perception, it's more fun!

But the major negative, as already mentioned, is the loading times (:yawn). And also the ghosted 321GO which stays on the screen after the race has started (Asa already mentioned this).

The minor negatives are that my pretty custom skins and custom playlists aren't available, and no online. With those loading times though, it's no wonder there's no online feature...can you imagine? *Start race, go make coffee, come back and drink it before it loads, race, repeat*

Pico de Goroh
30th October 2010, 04:48 PM
Install a hard drive into your PS2 then load this game on to it. Loading screen is about 5 seconds for me.

I picked up this game a month or so ago. I couldn't find a cheap PSP to play pulse, so I bought a UK PS2 copy of pulse instead, and soft modded my ps2.

I'm having a great time. The only gripe is that the framerate can drop during races with 7 cpu's. Also, they won't let you map r2 and l2 for airbrakes. I think it is missing some sound effects from the PSP version, like the crowds at the start line.

Otherwise, I love the controls. The ships look really good. And the track selection is great, I have yet to get bored with any track.

I'm going to be mastering this game for a while, until I can find a PS3 for a decent price then I'll join all of you online in HD!

Danterich
8th November 2010, 01:06 PM
I´ve been very frustrated with the PS2-version:

looong loading times and corrupted auto-saves :(

Now i play Pulse(and Pure) on PSPGo with PS3-Dualshock3-controller connected with component-AV-cable to HDTV :)
That rocks...but still i have to learn to master all the tracks since i´m a PSP-newbie and hope to meet some zoners via Adhoc-party in future!

Pico de Goroh
12th December 2010, 06:55 AM
Been playing this game in 480p thanks to this program:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f19/gs-mode-selector-development-feedback-61808/

It's like WipeoutHD for poor people.

Seriously, though, it looks really good.

Darkdrium777
23rd August 2012, 05:57 AM
I don't know if I posted screenshots of it before, but I found the game again on one of my hard disks. Running on PCSX2 and a GTX 670 (That's my video card), rendered at 1080p with x16 MSAA (Downscaled to 1680x1050 because my monitor). There's still the shadow/alpha bug, but it plays at 60FPS. I think there is a slight lag with the steering, but I'm not sure because I think the handling has changed as well.

Unfortunately, no photo mode! But here's a screenshot (http://i.imgur.com/fFhmj.jpg). Or two (http://i.imgur.com/TEzos.jpg).

Currently making progress in the grids hoping that since it's an emulator I don't get corruption. Unfortunately having an i5 3570K does not shorten loading times! God they are awful.
Maybe I can show some more screenshots in requests later. Hopefully I can manage video (Fraps doesn't seem to want to work with it for now).

Sausehuhn
23rd August 2012, 02:26 PM
There is an option to shorten loading times somewhere in PCSX2, did you try that?

Darkdrium777
23rd August 2012, 06:41 PM
I found it and enabled it. It's helped a lot but they're still quite long considering the hardware it's running on :p
Better than nothing. Now if the shadows could be fixed...

Hellfire_WZ
23rd August 2012, 06:53 PM
I've tried running it on the emulator, but the control lag is really off-putting. Shame really, as upscaled it looks bloody good!

Darkdrium777
23rd August 2012, 08:29 PM
I don't have much lag, but I suspect there is still some yes. Maybe like 50ms.

Hellfire_WZ
23rd August 2012, 08:32 PM
Interesting, mine is much higher and is very noticeable. Will have to see if there's a way to reduce it.

Darkdrium777
23rd August 2012, 09:38 PM
I remember disabling an option to fix that... I had some too before. Don't remember what option though sorry.

Hellfire_WZ
23rd August 2012, 10:01 PM
I'll have a play around with it tomorrow. Thanks :)

Darkdrium777
23rd August 2012, 10:09 PM
I really hate it that I can't remember, because it's exactly the type of situation I hate when I read old forum threads and the OP comes back with "nvm fixed it" without the actual explanation.

JABBERJAW
24th August 2012, 02:43 AM
This game plays great on my system. I downloaded it to the hard drive on my ps2, and it loads very fast. The handling is different, like the beta on the psp. Also, the ps2 Negcon I made is pretty cool with it.

Darkdrium777
24th August 2012, 03:33 AM
I made a video of it running on my PC. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AprVKuxbyN4)
I wish Youtube wasn't so bad with encoding. This was uploaded at 10MBps, double the recommended 5MBps for video... Guess I'm wasting bandwidth. Maybe with a 1080p upload it's different and not so awful?

blackwiggle
29th August 2012, 10:37 AM
I thought about searching Ebay for a PS2 copy of this as I've never got around to doing it, but then remembered reading about the loooong loading times.
As I have a FAT PS2, I looked into buying a network adapter and putting in a old HD to lessen the loading times, but after calculating the overall cost [adapter/PS2 disc/postage] and then reading about the game save problem, started thinking about emulation/PC after viewing your video Darkdrium, which looked very tempting, as it doesn't seem to need a hugely expensive VC to look very good indeed.

While searching for a PS2 version of PULSE, I got a link to a PSP GO! 2nd hand with docking station with AV out, which I've just bought for the same price that the PS2 disc would of cost me with postage [I can't remember ever seeing it released here in Aus, pretty sure it was Europe only]

Next stop after getting the GO! was to buy a component AV out cable for the GO! .....$4.50 free postage :D

My plan is to have the GO! permanently sitting in the dock, run the AV cable into the new Yamaha surround amp, as it does video upscaling, then depending on how good the results are with that, either run it into the projector [I'm hoping for a lot here I know] or the Sony TV, and run the TV's 3D processing.

I've done the same with the PS2 playing WO FUSION and the results are stunning.
The only reason I haven't really got stuck into playing FUSION again is because of the horrible loading times, but after reading about the PS2 HD/adapter upgrade [which I was blissfully unaware of, as I have never used the PS2 much], it looks like that will probably happen as well.

The best thing about this GO! setup will be that I can mate a wireless PS3 controller to it and use that, and the whole setup will be neat and take up very little space :rock

I'll keep you posted on how well it turns out.
I'm not expecting miracles, but it should work out well.

Darkdrium777
29th August 2012, 06:45 PM
Well not too expensive, that's about a 1400$ PC there with a 400$ video card. Of course I'll be playing other stuff on it too though. I guess price depends on perspective? haha.
The thing I'm wondering about your setup solution is that while you won't get the visual bugs I'm getting, you probably won't get the same level of anti aliasing...

For reference here are the bugs I have currently:
-dynamic shadows do not work properly, this is the most noticeable one
-misaligned bloom effect (it's off about 10-20 pixels to the left compared to the lighting source) and none of the PCSX2 options to fix that actually fix it
-skybox textures seem to have alignment problems, you can see some seams
-post processing effects (such as color balance, DOF, HDR) do not transition smoothly
-some Talon's Junction textures with alpha transparency default to a black background, though I've seen this happen for some of them in the PS2 version too. I'm talking about the loop thing there, the whole middle effects are all black for me.

blackwiggle
24th September 2012, 10:06 AM
Well I got my PSP GO! in the mail a few weeks ago, it had the charger and the charging cradle, but know video out cable.
I hunted around for one [Trust Sony to make the AV cable for the GO! different to all previous ones] bought one off Ebay from Hong Kong and that took a week to arrive.
Plugged it in and the GO! wouldn't detect the TV, I wasn't sure if the GO! was faulty or the cable.

I hunted around for a official Sony AV cable for the GO!...they are like hens teeth let me tell you, finally found somebody online in Texas selling old stock from a games outlet...another 2 weeks before I got it
Tried that one quickly today and it worked straight away...Yee Ha success at last!

I've just re routed in into my surround amp and have it upscaled to 1080p, I still had to use the zoom on the TV's control to fill the screen as much as possible, but PURE looked pretty good considering it's playing back on a 46" TV
Then I tried the 3D processing with the TV....which doesn't really do much for PURE as there is too many jaggies, plus there is a overall different black level with PURE than with PULSE.
PULSE is playable in 3D once upscaled, the deeper blacks and higher overall contrast helps it out.
It's not as good as FUSION upscaled and with 3D processing.....I'd give it 75%- 80% of the quality I can get with FUSION, but then again, both these title were made for a handheld, so I find it quite remarkable that is as good as this.

So if you don't have a PC and using a PSP emulator, then a PSP GO! with component video out cable, even without upscaling direct into a modern flat screen TV, and using a PS3 wireless control is a hell of a lot of fun.
In fact I think this would have to be the best way to play PURE & PULSE, if like me, you could never get to grips with playing Wipeout on a PSP.

Pico de Goroh
3rd October 2012, 05:39 PM
PS2 Network Adapter $10-15, IDE Hard-drive: $5-10 or free if you can find an old computer. Put FreeMcBoot on your memory card, put Wipeout on your hard drive, and then run GS Mode selector.

Enjoy Wipeout Pulse in progressive scan.