PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator mode on early?

IH8YOU
14th June 2009, 07:19 PM
Just was in a rapier race online, too many BRs (bad habit), then got hit with a missile, I blew up. I didn't respawn.

It then put me in "spectator mode"..

That ever happen to anyone?

Mr Phlanj
14th June 2009, 07:21 PM
no i cant say it has :O

subtotal
14th June 2009, 07:44 PM
me niether dude

IDReaper
14th June 2009, 07:50 PM
I've had that before, but only once and it was a while ago. I think it is still an unresolved issue with 1.3, albiet a rare one.

Amorbis
14th June 2009, 08:17 PM
This glitch is quite interesting, it happened when I was in a game with a few Zoners. The glitch makes it so when you die you don't respawn and it goes into something similar to spectator mode. It was a surprise when I was eliminated to find I didn't respawn, I queried everyone in the chat box and they said it had been happening all day. This is the only time it's happened to me and was probably about two months ago.

KGB
14th June 2009, 08:43 PM
think i was in that race with you Amorbis. This has happened to me about three times. If you leave and join another game it seems to sort itself out. Crap bug though!

stinkleroy
15th June 2009, 12:23 AM
I'm sure Saturn had a video of this somewhere...can't remember

Vartazian
15th June 2009, 12:28 AM
Happened to me multiple times. Both on Ubermall.

yeldar2097
15th June 2009, 12:29 AM
Here you go (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRtoO1ku4bg)
well done stinkleroy :D

stinkleroy
15th June 2009, 12:30 AM
Woo hoo knew it wasn't just my obliterated brain playing tricks on me :D

IH8YOU
15th June 2009, 05:33 AM
That was the tip of the iceberg today, shortly thereafter (couple races later) I started falling through the track every time I got hit with a weapon, or contacted another ship.

After the 4th consecutive "fall-thru" in a row, I decided to call it a day.

Hopefully the PSN / Wipeout Gods will favor me another day. :?

lunar
15th June 2009, 03:19 PM
Having no respawn isn`t a "bug." It`s just Wipeout how it always was and was always meant to be when elimination was worthy of the name and it was final :robot In the days before they started making Wipeout suitable for softies who can`t look after their ship ;) I`m sure some of the old Kai pilots will agree with me, especially one scot who like Assegai :D

Actually I remember SL said they were thinking about a "Death is Death" option at some point so maybe it somehow started working too early.

Sausehuhn
16th June 2009, 11:05 AM
You said it mate. Couldn't have said it better.
I would love to see a return of "Death is death", really. Nothing thrills you more than a "1 pixel energy left and so clooose to the finish"

stinkleroy
16th June 2009, 03:44 PM
I think I'd be up for that idea 'death is death', if online wasn't such a warzone since 1.30. I'm an ok pilot, but numerous times have found myself eliminated in the first lap of a race, it seems to happen more and more often these days...bomb, mines, rockets, quake...dead. So in this instance I think 'death is death' would definately be a very bad idea. It would put me off playing that's for sure. Pre 1.30 I possibly would have agreed with you :)

lunar
16th June 2009, 04:07 PM
Yes I do agree with your point, Cat. Online is too much Cambodia too often for permanent death, mostly mines being the annoyance. But I do miss the fear of real elimination in a strange way. That one extra barrel roll decision has to be exactly right in that case, Sausehuhn described it well, it`s a bigger thrill racing like that. :robot

stinkleroy
16th June 2009, 04:19 PM
Oh yes I agree :) Would be good to have that in Weapons off races. I often feel so panic stricken in weapons off races (which I am preferring these days)..one wrong move and your'e toast. But thats why I love it because it forces you to be more accurate or just accept the fact that you suck :p Death is death would certainly bring more pressure to those events and would be welcomed (as would some tracks from 2097...never gonna happen) :lol

LOUDandPROUD
16th June 2009, 04:32 PM
Oh, I accepted the fact that I suck a loooong time ago... :p

Rapier Racer
16th June 2009, 04:40 PM
I had this once, had my ass ripped apart and didn't respawn, got all excited too thinking some sneaky 'Turn Off The Crappy Respawn' option had appeared that I'd missed, no such luck.

Subsonic Retinal Burn
16th June 2009, 04:42 PM
I'm of the opinion that if you get blown to bits in a race you should be out of the race like a couple of you have mentioned. Forces you to race a little better knowing you aren't coming back if you get hit by that rocket coming at you. However I can see why some wouldn't like it so much considering all the weapons flying around in online races these days. Perhaps an option to set the number of times you can respawn after being eliminated could work?

silverfoxy
16th June 2009, 06:29 PM
Its a tricky one this as I think it depends on which track you're on. On Metropia and Moa for example I find these to be much more "Cambodian" than say Sol2.

When racing against the calibre of zoners online once you're eliminated you can forget about winning the race full stop but as Cat has said (and I've been eliminated on Vink before the end of the first tunnel) I think it would be a bit harsh to be out for the whole race.

Hopefully this glitch will be fixed before Fury is released.

Rapier Racer
19th June 2009, 11:34 AM
There could have been an option like the Pilot Assist.

kaori
19th June 2009, 12:39 PM
I will love a come back of "death is death" rule and no respawn, lot of good memories on WipEout Pulse with tournaments won or lost by an elimination in the last race (or the last turn of the last lap of the last race).

Amorbis
19th June 2009, 05:18 PM
An option for respawning on or off would make for some more interesting racing. It would be annoying in Cambodia circumstances but could also work the other way around by making people absorb weapons so that they don't get eliminated.

Here's hoping it'll be added as an option in Fury, a small but appreciated gift ;). And if not in Fury then why not in the future?

Rapier Racer
25th June 2009, 02:09 PM
I already try my best not to get eliminated, it's humiliating and make you look like a rookie. That doesn't detract from that fact that its fun to kill someone tho :P