PDA

View Full Version : Problem account fix!!!

Paul Tweedle
12th June 2009, 04:43 PM
Hi guys,

I'm just on my way home for the weekend but I wanted to jump on here to let you know that we believe we have a fix for the problem with logging in with certain accounts.

We know this one has been going on for a long time and apologise for that, but it has involved quite a lot of work by many people some of whom from outside of Studio Liverpool. A real team effort.

This fix should kick in next week but I will let you know for sure exactly when it will go live during next week. It is a server side thing so will not require a game patch.

Spread the word!

Have a nice weekend, enjoy your racing,

Paul.

PS: I've posted this in the "2nd Accounts" (http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=120247#post120247) thread too.

LOUDandPROUD
12th June 2009, 04:45 PM
Great news! I know a lot of people here will be very happy to hear this! Thanks! :+

eLhabib
12th June 2009, 04:47 PM
Thank you Paul! :+
I was gonna say about damn time, but that wouldn't bring across how grateful I actually am ;)

leungbok
12th June 2009, 04:56 PM
cool :p

Danterich
12th June 2009, 05:04 PM
Thank you Paul! :+
I was gonna say about damn time, but that wouldn't bring across how grateful I actually am ;)

GREAT NEWS!!! I hope this is a real fix, which lasts forever :clap:+:+:+

Axel
12th June 2009, 05:20 PM
Oh very sweet, I was going to say this is one of the major fixes before the new expansion

IH8YOU
12th June 2009, 05:21 PM
Yay, I need to go tell ACRooklyn!

My rival is back! :rock

RedScar
12th June 2009, 06:04 PM
Can we get some details on the actual cause? It affected a buddy of mine but only for WOHD so I'd like to know.
Good to hear though, SL working hard :P

kanar
12th June 2009, 06:11 PM
Superb, once again, SL delivers. Thanks a lot for that.

DeepMix
12th June 2009, 07:08 PM
awesome news !!!! :D hope the patch last forever

Wip3ou7
12th June 2009, 07:33 PM
Oh thank you so much! I was going to be furious if Fury came out and I still couldn't play online.

Darkdrium777
12th June 2009, 07:40 PM
Question for you Paul: will this fix only the accounts that were reported to you, or will it fix all accounts, even those not reported?

Good news for the people who have had the luck to come across this forum, but if John Doe has a problem and wasn't reported the situation still sucks for him if this only fixes the accounts reported.

Spece2goin
12th June 2009, 08:11 PM
They won't make such an announce if it only fixes few accounts, there are far more players in Wipeout HD than members in this forum. That wouldn't be serious to fix only those who came here.

ProblemSolver
13th June 2009, 12:47 AM
Now you guys get a chance to see the back of my Feisar!

Thx Paul, SL, and other Teams.

Spece2goin
13th June 2009, 12:53 AM
it's the best spot to launch rockets at you!

djKyoto
13th June 2009, 01:37 AM
I wonder if Kigo imploded with '**** yeah' when he read this thread.

ProblemSolver
13th June 2009, 02:52 AM
more like '**** **** ******* ****** yeah', I guess. xD

blackwiggle
13th June 2009, 05:56 AM
Great news.
I hope this fix lasts long term unlike the previous attempts.

Do you need a list of the people effected or will this internal fix automatically make those accounts playable again?
Reason I ask is there are people who I know who have the problem but who's names have not been posted here.

This means I can delete the group of 2nd accounts and not have my friends list maxed out :hyper

Paul Tweedle
13th June 2009, 05:52 PM
It should fix all people affected regardless of whether they have been in touch with us or not.

Like I said, I will have more details next week and will tell you everything then. This has been a fix that has been a long time coming but it should finally be gone forever. I have been bursting to tell you all about this one because it has been such a head-scratcher for so long.

We know what are the major annoyances you guys have with our game and trust me when I say that you are going to be very, very, VERY happy with Fury. This issue is not the only thing we've been working hard on.

Thanks for playing,

Paul.

AG-wolf
13th June 2009, 06:02 PM
This sounds promising :) Thanks for the prospective update... Now check out my post about the 2097 and WO3 huds :P lol

TheFrostE
13th June 2009, 11:13 PM
lol nice, super excitement!

seanoz
14th June 2009, 02:25 AM
Well I had only just contacted eLhabib about this hoping he could inform SL or Sony of me also being one of the few unfortunates affected, and then I was going to post my woes here, but this is GREAT news, and all in good time for the Fury pack, see you all in my rear vision soon!

yeldar2097
14th June 2009, 02:26 AM
i'n not excited at all...

:hyper:hyper:hyper!!!I'M S***TING MYSELF!!!:hyper:hyper:hyper

TheFrostE
14th June 2009, 03:47 AM
sounds delicious yeldar

djKyoto
14th June 2009, 08:00 AM
:hyper:hyper:hyper!!!I'M S***TING MYSELF!!!:hyper:hyper:hyper

Shifting?
Starting?
Shooting? :pirate

Racsol
14th June 2009, 02:23 PM
Thank you!! Oh God!! :D

ProblemSolver
14th June 2009, 05:56 PM
... and trust me when I say that you are going to be very, very, VERY happy with Fury. ...
Which makes waiting for Fury not any easier. :|

How long do we have to wait? I know it reads 'this summer'
but ... pfeww ... that can be a long time, don't you think?

Spece2goin
14th June 2009, 08:26 PM
Thanks for playing,

Paul.

Thanks for making it possible!

i'll wait till Fury comes out! I will have the time to buy a HDTV! :+

NeilSmith
17th June 2009, 10:08 AM
I assume the fix is going live atm since I haven't been able to go online in Wipeout HD for a couple of hours :) The timing for taking down the servers were bad for my part as I had spent a couple of hours improving my Speed Lap records only to find out that I wasn't online any longer for the records to be saved. I only hope they are registered as soon as the servers goes online again :) Good news for you guys who are affected by the bug though :) welcome back!

Asayyeah
17th June 2009, 10:24 AM
Thx Paul for the feedback :)
Cool for those who were having that ***** bug

Paul Tweedle
17th June 2009, 10:29 AM
I assume the fix is going live atm since I haven't been able to go online in Wipeout HD for a couple of hours :)

That's right Neil, hopefully some of the affected guys can confirm the fix for me once it goes back up which, I am told, should be at about 1:30pm (UK time).

Hope this issue is resolved for you all. I'd also like to thank ElHabib for all his help.

See you online,

Paul.

stinkleroy
17th June 2009, 10:44 AM
Woo hoo this is great news for all the guys who have been disconnected for months now. Hope this fixes things :)

chboing
17th June 2009, 11:40 AM
tonight, we'll play with eLhabib, Kanar, Luxoflux, acroolyn, KIGO1987, yeldar2097, danterich, soccermums :)
and all the others ! :)

cool !

Paul Tweedle
17th June 2009, 12:14 PM
Right guys, the server is back up. Can anyone with a previously broken account confirm this fix for me?

Thanks,

Paul.

KIGO1987
17th June 2009, 12:17 PM
K, ill give you an update

Paul Tweedle
17th June 2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks, Kigo.

Paul.

KIGO1987
17th June 2009, 12:21 PM
Right guys, the server is back up. Can anyone with a previously broken account confirm this fix for me?

Thanks,

Paul.

Ha!

****in Brilliant Mate!

"KIGO1987" is back online.

Big thanks from Aus;):D

d4onps
17th June 2009, 12:22 PM
Alright guys! Way to go! There's gonna be a lot of cheering going on I think. d4onps: fixed. Thanks! :)

Paul Tweedle
17th June 2009, 12:26 PM
BRILLIANT!

See you all online,

Paul.

Spece2goin
17th June 2009, 12:28 PM
waaaa nice!
i never saw an instant feedback from the community to developpers in an other game!

good job! my brother can connect too!

tonyNOS
17th June 2009, 12:33 PM
[CENTER]IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much Paul and thanks to the Wipeout Team!!

tonyNOS is online:hyper

ProblemSolver
17th June 2009, 01:11 PM
It works! :hyper Thx a lot!

Danterich
17th June 2009, 01:26 PM
FINALLY Danterich returned !!:hyper:hyper

I am soo deeply grateful Paul :clap:clap:clap I could give you all SL-employees a big happy hug:D... and you too eLhabib!!!

I guess my clone will die soon, so feel free to add Danterich if you want, Zoners!
c ya on tracks, man im so happy:hyper

"Im so glad, i´m so glad...i´m glad, i´m glad i´mm glaad" (song of "the CREAM" in my ears)

LOUDandPROUD
17th June 2009, 04:44 PM
Seeing all those hyper smilies has just brightened my day! Congrats to all who have had their accounts fixed and kudos to Mr. Tweedle and the whole SL crew for a job well done! :hyper

kanar
17th June 2009, 05:25 PM
kanar is back from the servers too, thanks a lot Paul & SL!!! :hyper:hyper

eLhabib
17th June 2009, 05:32 PM
Thank you Paul, this is great news! Glad you guys managed to find the problem and kick the sh*t out of it! ;)

On a personal note:
To anyone who likes racing me and only has angryhabib in his friendlist - feel free to add eLhabib now! :D

Mad-Ice
17th June 2009, 05:41 PM
Congratulations to you too guys!;) and to SL. I am happy everything is solved for you! So see you back online. Question though: will you be using the other account again or shall I erase your 2nd accounts?

kanar
17th June 2009, 05:44 PM
sorry didn't mentioned that but yeah, kanar_is_back is ****ing retired forever.

Danterich
17th June 2009, 07:08 PM
Question though: will you be using the other account again or shall I erase your 2nd accounts?

I won´t use Danterich_clone anymore, i will erase him soon, so Danterich´s friends may do the same

KIGO1987
17th June 2009, 07:37 PM
KigoAngelusRacer will still be around. Backup. Also a second account for other uses.

leungbok
17th June 2009, 08:23 PM
Yeah, the noob "leungbok" with his "0" level will try to pass the "expert" BADTEST with his level 40, lol. Thanks SL :)

Wip3ou7
17th June 2009, 09:01 PM
it works! Thank you sl!
And thank you elhabib!

Hellfire_WZ
17th June 2009, 09:02 PM
This is fantastic to hear! Hope to see you all back online soon with your original accounts :D

anonymous
17th June 2009, 09:51 PM
This is fantastic to hear! Hope to see you all back online soon with your original accounts :D

Sorry to voice dissident, but:

No. It isn't fixed.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/809/1000374.jpg

Still can't connect.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3860/1000377g.jpg

Just to show this is shortly after the patch (In Eastern US Standard Time) went live on PSN.

Now, if Studio Liverpool wants to get in touch with me via PM to get my account info and fix this, then feel free to get in touch with me Studio Liverpool.

But everyone here that's fixed I have to say: No, it isn't fixed for people that have not posted to this forum (I only signed up today just to post this message) and this isn't the magical solution they are saying it is.

Oh, and if Studio Liverpool can't fix my account, feel free to PM me instructions to get my $20 I paid six months ago to only have one-week of online play with friends that have no issues connecting to Wipeout HD's online services back and the ability to remove synched trophies from this game.

I am tired of waiting to play online and I'm tired of the jumping through hoops to get in touch with Studio Liverpool about this. SCEE needs to give e-mail addresses for studios under their stable out to get in touch with them than third party forums (like this forum) to get issues solved.

chboing
17th June 2009, 09:53 PM
"whilst updating", this is not the same problem you seem to have, and since everyone else has his problem fixed, i guess it is fixed...
do you have space left on your ps3 hd ?

anonymous
17th June 2009, 10:00 PM
Twenty gigs, on an 80 gig MGS4 bundled PS2 Software BackComp PS3.

The thing is, the first "patch" they did to solve this issue worked for a week for people. At most it worked for a day for me.

I keep getting "while updating" "user is already logged in" issues for months now. I'm tired of it. All I freaking want is the ability to play online and I can't have that.

Yes, I'm using Wifi, yes I have NAT-3 and have okay'ed Wipeout HD to go through that. No dice. And to answer further: No, these (notable: NAT-3) were never a freaking issue for the week of online play I had with Wipeout HD.

Darkdrium777
17th June 2009, 10:09 PM
Until you have solved NAT3, you can't blame SL for your troubles. NAT3 creates plenty of problems for online gaming. Yes, sometimes you can't even play online.

Please follow the guides posted along this thread (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5384) to solve your NAT 3.
NAT 3 is never good, never was, never will. Get NAT 2, and if your problem then isn't solved, we'll look elsewhere. :)

Additionally, I recommend you read the guidelines here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/announcement.php?f=23). There is no need to quote the post directly above, unless you are replying to a specific point. ;)

chboing
17th June 2009, 10:14 PM
Twenty gigs ?? what do you think ?
come back when you have 30 gigs man ! dont be a pussy !!!

nah just kidding ;)
sorry for you that you have some issues, but i dont think it's the same problem, the error message isnt the same is it ?
so i guess it's something else ... hope you'll fix this soon !

anonymous
17th June 2009, 10:18 PM
Until you have solved NAT3, you can't blame SL for your troubles. NAT3 creates plenty of problems for online gaming. Yes, sometimes you can't even play online.

Sure, I can. Considering the fact X-box Live games work just fine on this connection. PC games work just fine on this connection. Most PSN games (exception being Wipeout HD)... yep, play just fine on this connection.

Please follow the guides posted along this thread (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5384) to solve your NAT 3.
NAT 3 is never good, never was, never will. Get NAT 2, and if your problem then isn't solved, we'll look elsewhere. :)

Did you not read what I wrote? Did that, problem that's in photo occurs with or without following that solution.

Now, about that refund of my $20 and removing the trophies...

Darkdrium777
17th June 2009, 10:24 PM
You can't get refunds off the PSN. All sales are final.
I don't really like your attitude either. Yes, I read what you wrote. Specifically, I read that you have NAT 3, which is a problem in and of itself.
It might not solve your WipEout HD issue, but if you get NAT 2 it's better even if there is no visible change for any of the games you're playing on any platform.
NAT 3 cancels voice chat on the PS3 as well (It did that when I got it on my system), so you may want to get NAT 2 just for that.

Have you tried deleting and redownloading the game from the PSN Store? Maybe the data was corrupted somehow.
Did you try on another PS3 user profile, or with a different game save?

ProblemSolver
17th June 2009, 10:37 PM
@anonymous: First off, Welcome on board! :sonar

I can assure you that your problem is a different one, since the fix over
here belongs to an issue that reads something like "Error while trying to
connect to server ...".

Do the following:
- backup your WipEout HD 'Save Game' to memory stick (or whatever)
- wipe out WipEout HD from your HDD xD
- do a hardreset of your PS3 (power off) and turn it back on
- download & install WipEout HD again
- start WipEout HD and try to go online

If the error is gone then copy over your 'Save Game' and check again.
If not, then try to start up WipEout HD using another PS3 User (another
PSN ID) and check if the error is still there. Give a report. Hurry! http://www.consolewars.de/messageboard/images/smilies/m-aargh.gif

anonymous
17th June 2009, 10:57 PM
You can't get refunds off the PSN. All sales are final.
I don't really like your attitude either. Yes, I read what you wrote. Specifically, I read that you have NAT 3, which is a problem in and of itself.
It might not solve your WipEout HD issue, but if you get NAT 2 it's better even if there is no visible change for any of the games you're playing on any platform.
NAT 3 cancels voice chat on the PS3 as well (It did that when I got it on my system), so you may want to get NAT 2 just for that.

Have you tried deleting and redownloading the game from the PSN Store? Maybe the data was corrupted somehow.
Did you try on another PS3 user profile, or with a different game save?

Yes, I have tried deleting/redownloading Wipeout HD/patches and starting the game on a fresh save. Same issue.

I know for sure it is NOT my connection since my other PSN ID's have been able to connect to Wipeout HD's servers just fine.

Therefore: I know, for certain, it is on Studio Liverpool/SCEA, SCEE, WHOEVER CONTROLS THEIR SERVERS' side that needs to be fixed.

And my attitude is because I have been trying for SIX MONTHS to connect to Wipeout HD only to have it ONCE connect on a blue-moon and be fine for that day only to go back to the "problems while connecting, error: you are already logged in" issue. That is why I'm so angry. I have paid $20 for a game that touts online and everyone I want to play said $20 game with has no issues connecting but I do.

chboing
17th June 2009, 11:08 PM
man, why does it says you have a problem whilst updating ?
do you have the last version of the game ?

anonymous
17th June 2009, 11:19 PM
I have no clue. That's the reason I'm posting here. I dunno why the error comes up and if I persist enough instead of giving up and stewing angrily at Wipeout HD while other games play just fine.

By last version, you mean in-terms of patches? I have the 1.30 (or whatever the latest auto-update rolled out) patch downloaded and installed. I've tried every patch since 1.10. No dice in connecting to the Wipeout HD servers.

chboing
17th June 2009, 11:28 PM
well, maybe you should check the version, not assuming something ...
and then if there is a problem with the version, delete everything like darkdrium suggested, and then try again to update the game.

and if you're too lazy to check those things, or trying what people tell you here, then have fun waiting for everything to work miraculously

and, we are not a hotline ... (means you dont need to show us you're angry, wont help you) (actually, we dont care if you're angry, at least, i dont)

Darkdrium777
17th June 2009, 11:30 PM
Okay, if what you say is right it seems like another issue than the one which was just fixed but just as serious.
I understand your anger but I read all the posts and try my best to understand them even if I speak French. ;)

One last thing I can think of: delete your PS3 user and re-create? Wipe everything off the PS3 and try again...
Uhh tedious and annoying. :/

ProblemSolver
17th June 2009, 11:32 PM
... I know for sure it is NOT my connection since my other PSN ID's have been able to connect to Wipeout HD's servers just fine. ...
So your other PSN IDs just work as I type these letters here, right?

eLhabib
18th June 2009, 12:07 AM
will you be using the other account again or shall I erase your 2nd accounts?

I'm gonna keep my second profile, just in case the servers turn apeshit on me again.
Also, I might get angry some day, then I can use the profile and it actually has a meaning ;)

blackwiggle
18th June 2009, 12:24 AM
I think it's frustration more than anything else.

I pretty sure I know who Anonymous is ,I was asked if the fix was up yet yesterday at another forum by somebody that has been suffering the exact same problems since April.
I posted that it was a few hours later,it obviously hasn't worked [because he still can't connect].
He must of read the post otherwise there would of been no way of him knowing about the fix,and I saw that he was online at the other forum.

Too many coincidences to be anybody else.

Pity he can't fix it atm.

anonymous
18th June 2009, 01:44 AM
So your other PSN IDs just work as I type these letters here, right?

If you mean is it easy for my other regions: Yes.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4030/1000380i.jpg

Just to show you this is a new downloaded today/this evening copy of Wipeout HD.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4195/1000381f.jpg

Online main-menu *click*

Purchase/main PSN id: OMFG WTF NO.
Japan/Hong Kong/Europe: http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4209/1000382.jpg

Now, that region select photo should prove my other regions can connect FINE. If you want online photos from those, feel free to tell me. As I'm not yanking any chains. I assumed this server-side patch was going to fix this. But nope. And I have tried every patch since 1.10 (1.10/1.20/1.30/1.40) DAY ONE to connect online and no dice.

Thus, me angrily posting here to catch Studio Liverpool's attention since I know it isn't my connection but their end glitching my ID.

NUD3
18th June 2009, 02:23 AM
and 6 months latter, I FINALLY can play WipEout HD online again!

:hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper

thx for everyone at SL and everybody else involved ;)

the changes in the overall online mode since 1.30 made the game MUCH better to play ^^

blackwiggle
18th June 2009, 07:31 AM
If you mean is it easy for my other regions: Yes.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4030/1000380i.jpg

Just to show you this is a new downloaded today/this evening copy of Wipeout HD.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4195/1000381f.jpg

Online main-menu *click*

Purchase/main PSN id: OMFG WTF NO.
Japan/Hong Kong/Europe: http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4209/1000382.jpg

Stay with the XPOX since it likes your modems settings,Fu(k all else does.

Now, that region select photo should prove my other regions can connect FINE. If you want online photos from those, feel free to tell me. As I'm not yanking any chains. I assumed this server-side patch was going to fix this. But nope. And I have tried every patch since 1.10 (1.10/1.20/1.30/1.40) DAY ONE to connect online and no dice.

Thus, me angrily posting here to catch Studio Liverpool's attention since I know it isn't my connection but their end glitching my ID.

AND still stubbornly refusing to admit that it is a NAT3 Problem .:brickwall

lunar
18th June 2009, 07:34 AM
Also, I might get angry some day,

Bring it. I`m ready.

:cold

Actually angryhabib was too fast, glad he`s gone ;) Welcome back to all the other MIAs and huge thanks to SL for fixing it. Gives me great hope for the record tables too.

:paperbag

DeepMix
18th June 2009, 08:08 AM
woooooo finally all solved :hyper im very happy with this :D

thanks studio liverpool, thanks Paul Tweedle and thanks elhabib :D

now we just have to wait for the fury addon :|

chboing
18th June 2009, 08:28 AM
i think i've got parental control level 2 ...
maybe this has something to do with it ?

anonymous
18th June 2009, 01:01 PM
AND still stubbornly refusing to admit that it is a NAT3 Problem .:brickwall

HOW THE HELL IS IT A NAT-3 PROBLEM IF MY OTHER *BLEEP*ING ACCOUNTS CONNECT TO THE SERVERS JUST FINE.

ARE YOU STUPID?!

CAPS TO SHOW MY POINT.

My OTHER accounts can connect to the servers fine. Ergo: My connection is NOT the problem.

My MAIN account (EG: the account that Purchased Wipeout HD) CAN NOT connect to the Wipeout HD servers. Ergo: THAT ACCOUNT IS GLITCHED.

EDIT: IN FACT TO PROVE THIS POINT LET ME TAKE PHOTOS. BRB PROVING YOU WRONG.

Do not bother talking about this again, as you are wrong and you know you're wrong but you're going to sit here stamp your foot and go "LOL NO IT'S YOUR NAT" when my other accounts on that same damn connection can play the *bleep*ing game just *bleep*ing fine, okay?

You're not helping. I'm posting here to get someone from Studio Liverpool on it.

kanar
18th June 2009, 01:17 PM
errrr... anonymous you will excuse me but I had this same error in january. It happened during a week-end where I organized a tournament. So I switched to my american account to keep playing, and finally I created a clone of me, kanar_is_back, to continue to play 'til nowadays. My first account was unable to go online, but I was still able to upload my new times. I was really upset too, but I couldn't stop to play this game just because my favourite psn couldn't go online. This is just a game you know, I understand you can be really bored to see you're the last guy with this stupid error, but please just calm down , pm Mr Elhabib or Paul Tweedle and they'll fix your problem real soon. And please, don't insult people here. We're a cool village, open to discussion and everything, but flaming stuffs are not our cup of tea.

guillaume
18th June 2009, 01:25 PM
I'd say that both blackwiggle and you (anonymous) are making assumptions.
He can't say for sure that it's a NAT problem, but you can't either. Even if your other accounts work on NAT3.
I'd say make your connection NAT2 and one of you will prove the other wrong.
In My Very Humble Opinion, that is. :g

chboing
18th June 2009, 01:51 PM
CAPS TO SHOW MY POINT.

i think the people from Sony would pay more attention to you point if you'd write in bold and blinking character too...
and why not using 40+ size for the chars too ?
and calling them names cause they obviously aint capable to code a game properly !
finally, sue them cause they wont refund your precious 20$ they stole you

come on man ! it's not like if you were the only one still having problems to connect to online lobbies !

show us & them your wrath !

anonymous
18th June 2009, 01:58 PM
*sigh* Sorry, that was a little rude of me. I just hate when people stamp their feet and go "NUH-UH, UR WRONG" when I have proof that I am not wrong and am in the right about this.

Problem: Wipeout HD will not let my main/purchased-the-game account on their servers.
Further problem: My other accounts that do not own the game can play the game online just fine.

Clarification: This is all on the same connection.

Picture: http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6958/1000387.jpg

Yes, it says there may be problems. I acknowledge that. But that means there may be problems for ALL my accounts on that connection.

Just to clarify further: The following pictures are on that same connection and same PS3.

Picture: http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5720/1000389.jpg

I have five (5) user accounts on that PS3. My main account (S), my Japan PSN store acount (SJPN), my EU/UK PSN store account (SEU), my Hong Kong account (SHongKong) and a cousin of mine's account I haven't deleted from the PS3 yet (dan13).

Using my MAIN (S) account, throws an error message about problems while updating the game up at me. To prove this isn't fake, here is the XMB (my camera hates taking photos of the TV, I do not know why)

Picture: http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5339/1000392.jpg

You can clearly see that my (S) account has the error message behind it (though it is hard to make out I assure you it is there).

I switch over my Japan PSN store account (SJPN) and log into Wipeout HD. What do you know!? I can join servers! (Picture: http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4341/1000383q.jpg)

And can even join/spectate games (yes, this is a bad photo but the game is running at 60fps so capping it while it's in motion is hard): http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5062/1000385.jpg

Closing statements: Gentlemen of the Jury, I have a legitimate problem that Wipeout HD will not let my main account that bought it on the servers. I have been waiting six months for a fix and no fix has come. I am ticked and annoyed that I have waited so long to get a fix and obviously this fix that was yesterday did not solve it. Therefore, I am posting here to get Studio Liverpool on the problem as I want the online function on my main account fixed.

Therefore, do not tell me it is my NAT-3 connection. My connection is not the problem since it lets other accounts on that same connection/PS3 play just fine on the Wipeout HD servers. Okay? I am not stupid. I have tried testing my connection, I have tried changing my connection. I have changed it to everything under the sun and yet my MAIN (S) ACCOUNT STILL WILL NOT CONNECT TO WIPEOUT HD, WHILE MY OTHER (JPN/EU/HK) ACCOUNTS WILL.

I knew there was a reason when someone pointed me here to get in touch with Studio Liverpool that it was a bad idea. Because Sony fanboys that can't deny that there is a legit problem for me can't seem to let go of their hatred (lol XPOC. I chuckled at the twelve-year-old mentality) of other consoles/PC and see that it is the developers side that is causing the issue.

Do I have to post (bad, I admit) shots from my EU/HK accounts to prove you wrong even further that it isn't my connection and it is on Studio Liverpool/SCE's side to fix my problem?

Because I shouldn't. It's pretty clear from these photos that the problem is on their side and isn't me. Okay?

Darkdrium777
18th June 2009, 02:12 PM
Can't you solve the NAT3 anyways? I dunno, it is unrelated to the problem at hand but I wouldn't like it if voice chat was blocked during online gameplay...
NAT2 can only be better.

But yeah, about this issue: can you try anything of the following list:

Deactivate your main PSN account from your system, then reactivate it again.

Deactivate your main PSN account from your system, delete the user account associated with it, delete WipEout HD from your hard disk, back up your save game and delete it from the hard disk. Create a new user account with the same name, log back into your PSN account, download WipEout HD and start with a new save file. If that works, try with your save file. If it doesn't work, it's a glitch and the save file most likely.

Last thing I can think of is a complete format of the PS3 system. Be sure to back up the stuff before trying that.

anonymous
18th June 2009, 02:22 PM
Can't you solve the NAT3 anyways? I dunno, it is unrelated to the problem at hand but I wouldn't like it if voice chat was blocked during online gameplay...
NAT2 can only be better.

I am Deaf, I could give two cares less about Voice chat. EVER. Moving on...

But yeah, about this issue: can you try anything of the following list:

Deactivate your main PSN account from your system, then reactivate it again.

You mean in account management, I'll try that but I don't see what good this'll do when it's an account ID issue more than a registry issue (if I can get into Wipeout HD on my main account and other accounts on that PS3 it means the PS3 recognizes that the account that bought it (S) is there and validated)

edit: Tried de/re-activating the account on the PS3. No dice. Tried it after deactivating, booting the PS3 down, rebooting and activating the account. No dice.

Deactivate your main PSN account from your system, delete the user account associated with it, delete WipEout HD from your hard disk, back up your save game and delete it from the hard disk. Create a new user account with the same name, log back into your PSN account, download WipEout HD and start with a new save file. If that works, try with your save file. If it doesn't work, it's a glitch and the save file most likely.

I've tried Wipeout HD with a new save file before, it glitches on the online for that account. I don't see why deleting 60 gigs of data for one game will solve the one game that is having an issue with my ID's problems. But if you want me to take a weekend of work to solve one game's issues when it's on the developers/server that I'm trying to connect tos side to shoot down this, I'll be free to do it Saturday.

Last thing I can think of is a complete format of the PS3 system. Be sure to back up the stuff before trying that.

That would be insane and I'd refuse to do that just to solve one issue. If there were other PS3 games that were glitching (hint: there aren't) with this account, I'd think about it. But, I'll politely decline this solution and wait to use it as a last resort if Studio Liverpool does not see an issue on their side.

Darkdrium777
18th June 2009, 02:57 PM
Just delete the game WipEout HD, not your whole hard disk as part of the second proposition.

Lance
18th June 2009, 08:27 PM
"anonymous", you have another problem, which is that you pissed me off by ignoring our forum guidelines for behaviour toward other members. I'm banning you for a week.

HOW THE HELL IS IT A NAT-3 PROBLEM IF MY OTHER *BLEEP*ING ACCOUNTS CONNECT TO THE SERVERS JUST FINE.

ARE YOU STUPID?!

CAPS TO SHOW MY POINT.

My OTHER accounts can connect to the servers fine. Ergo: My connection is NOT the problem.

My MAIN account (EG: the account that Purchased Wipeout HD) CAN NOT connect to the Wipeout HD servers. Ergo: THAT ACCOUNT IS GLITCHED.

EDIT: IN FACT TO PROVE THIS POINT LET ME TAKE PHOTOS. BRB PROVING YOU WRONG.

Do not bother talking about this again, as you are wrong and you know you're wrong but you're going to sit here stamp your foot and go "LOL NO IT'S YOUR NAT" when my other accounts on that same damn connection can play the *bleep*ing game just *bleep*ing fine, okay?

You're not helping. I'm posting here to get someone from Studio Liverpool on it.

seanoz
19th June 2009, 02:56 AM
THANKYOU GUYS!!!!

Mine is working, last night I got on and it worked, ohh man!! I won't be on KZ2 all the time now!

Ohh my god!!! I have not been online with my seanoz account since January, looking for you all in Rapier and Flash, I am not up to Phantom yet!.

Thanks so much guys

ProblemSolver
19th June 2009, 10:45 AM
btw; lol at tags

KIGO1987
19th June 2009, 10:07 PM
lol.

I added the "Paul Tweedle" one.

Hopefully we wont get some people having a wing/bitch about that tag.

--

Im happy my old account is working again, shame ive only been on it once, but its working which is great.

Great that SL kept there word:)

Futurespect
23rd June 2009, 09:28 PM
Just to add my thanks to eLhabib and Paul Tweedle. Cheers guys - I appreciate your efforts and those of the team.

Paul Tweedle
24th June 2009, 02:56 PM
lol.

I added the "Paul Tweedle" one.

Hopefully we wont get some people having a wing/bitch about that tag.

What does this mean? What tags?

Paul.

ACE-FLO
24th June 2009, 03:06 PM
Scroll down - there's a box banner with tags in it Paul... ;)

KIGO1987
24th June 2009, 03:06 PM
have a look at the bottom of the page Paul,

i added the "Paul Tweedle is a Pope" one,

i add this tag since you solved the lost on server account problems for all users here and out there too,

i think thats enough for Pope status:)

Paul Tweedle
24th June 2009, 03:48 PM
Scroll down - there's a box banner with tags in it Paul... ;)

Heh, now I see. It is wrong for you guys to be giving me the credit for this fix though... but I'll take it ;)

Paul.

biLwiS
21st April 2010, 11:49 PM
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5655&page=36

"BiLwiS" needs account on psn fixed, helped, something.

i will beg and or cry if need be.

thank you.

blackwiggle
22nd April 2010, 12:46 AM
biLwis see this thread.
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5655&page=36