PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Wiseman
29th October 2002, 06:13 AM
So, who has this game?

I got mine this evening, I had heard from one of my friends that EB was giving out their pre-orders a day early... At first I thought it was just a dumb rumor, but when I stopped at my local EB just to see, sure enough, it was true! The guy got the shipment in at about 7:00, and luckily I was there right as he got it... Because I had passed the place again about 15 minutes later and the line was going outside the store into the mall, there must've been at least 50 to 60 people waiting in line for it. :o Word must've caught fast on it's early release.

Anyway, I don't think this comes out in Europe until sometime in November, man, that sucks.

I'll talk about it more after I get a chance to play it some more.

EDIT:

If you want to check out Gamespot's review, they have it posted here.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,561545,00.html

SPOILER (highlight text to read)

I can't wait to start buying my own stuff, you get to own the Taxi service, the mall, a strip club, and they make you money! Like Monopoly, but better! :D)

END SPOILER

Wamdue
29th October 2002, 10:49 AM
actually its been in our gamestore for about a week or so.

Wiseman
4th November 2002, 07:39 AM
Maybe it was the U.K. I read that for then.... Either that, or the US date being pushed back to meet demand put it behind.

DJ Techno
4th November 2002, 03:16 PM
Grand Theft Auto three has some music cd's out

GTA3 98.3
GTA3 Flora ?

I saw them on sale at a local Walmart here in Columbia for about $12.99
It might be worth buying?

Piranha Advancements
16th November 2002, 05:47 AM
Hell yeah it's awesome.Not as perfect as the blasted EGM's perfect score of it though.If you like your colors bright and loud,riding on a Vespa or a "Faggio" in the game while cruising down the beach listening to Billie Jean.youre gonna love it.

Lance
16th November 2002, 07:10 AM
a ''Faggio''. lol

Wiseman
16th November 2002, 07:26 AM
Yeah, the Faggio is a little mopehead type thing. It has a "fart"y sounding engine, is slow, and just generally sucks. The PCJ-600, on the other hand... 8)

Yeah, I agree with you on the scores, Piranha, as the game, although excellent, is buggier than hell. Really, if the game weren't so gosh darn buggy, then I would say it deserved the scores it got. But as is, it's no perfect 10.

Feisar
17th November 2002, 02:10 AM
the faggio is great i think
it turns great, doesnt have a fast engine, but turns great! all there missing is a Bicycle.

the game is too long to really play, just buy it to blow off some stam if your mad, killing a few 100 or so people always helps me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Piranha Advancements
17th November 2002, 06:11 PM
Haha! True! How come no one thought of implementing a bicycle in it? Just imagine cruising around Vice City on a bike while killing gangstas with a katana? Death on wheels baby!