PDA

View Full Version : Do You like the New Ship Models? yes or not?

darkfaerytales
9th June 2009, 09:39 PM
just a poll to see what's the general feeling about the new ship models, whose as it has been seen from the first few shots takes a further new approach in design

do you find them interesting?
have it been a let down for you and don't like it quite much?
have you mixed feeling?

let's go throught some preview anylisis

DividedXZero
9th June 2009, 09:51 PM
Well thus far i'm very disappointed in my Icaras remake, just dosnt look right from the design to its color and logo scheme.

I love Assegai, such WO3 nostalgia! Hopefully Qirex will do the same, then i might switch back to my original favorite, since I've always loved it since WO XL.

BARTgai
9th June 2009, 09:57 PM
I actually think the new ships look pretty cool. I think their designs fit well into the Fury theme. I just wish there were better shots of the ships, hard to see the details just from watching the trailer.

darkfaerytales
9th June 2009, 10:01 PM
about the icaras i'm in accord with you, just that headlight thing upon the hull nose ruins everything in my opinion, but maybe be prepared to be surprised because when we will see better with the game in hand it will not look so awful...i guess

assegai is very reminescent of w3o but have even a wo pure touch, i'm not happy only about one thing in that design, i will explain what with shots, i still preparing some stuff to post here

about quirex i'm not so sure...from the few first looks it seems so ankward

kaori
9th June 2009, 10:14 PM
I like them, they look naughty and violent!
It is the Fury Pack!

RedScar
9th June 2009, 11:47 PM
to early to tell. I wanna get a good look at all the ships before I decide. I'm sure I won't like all of them like the current ship models, but how many idk.

Spece2goin
9th June 2009, 11:53 PM
ahhh, the new harimau looks awesome!! especially if compared with the old one...

sorry for AG-sys and Icaras fans, there not very good.

My favs in term of style are Harimau, AD, Qirex, Triakis and EG-X (that last one is a rounder remake of the HD one)

darkfaerytales
10th June 2009, 12:12 AM
to early to tell. I wanna get a good look at all the ships before I decide. I'm sure I won't like all of them like the current ship models, but how many idk.

right, but it's just a sort of preview

if you don't feel to vote now yet don't do it

ahhh, the new harimau looks awesome!! especially if compared with the old one...

sorry for AG-sys and Icaras fans, there not very good.

My favs in term of style are Harimau, AD, Qirex, Triakis and EG-X (that last one is a rounder remake of the HD one)

yes, harimau definitely one of the best for now, i've good expectations by that ship

eg-x a remake of the old model??! are you sure?? to me just look like the first wipeout quirex if you remenber well first quirex had the same vertical straight spoilers on the back-end top...maybe a tribute?

RedScar
10th June 2009, 12:24 AM
I didn't vote, just putting my 2 cents in :P

Mu5
10th June 2009, 12:56 AM
Some I like and some im not too keen on

The Piranha is cool, and also the first zone ship you see in the video :cowboy

IDReaper
10th June 2009, 02:48 AM
I like the "heftyness" they added to each of the new designs. Also I saw the vid with the stat alterations thing and I think that as long as its balanced it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Like they showed AG with enhanced speed/thrust only which will obviously make it push more in corners. Perhaps the new red bar goes both ways on the scale?

Oh yeah and also my fave have been AG Sys(yes...),Goteki and Pirhana.

TheFrostE
10th June 2009, 02:50 AM
i like em...its something new to add to the HD experience...so im all for it!

Avenger2197
10th June 2009, 02:55 AM
I like 'em all. They add depth to the direction of ship design that may not have been thought of as "Wipeout". They are Fury, plain and simple.

EG-X stands out to me as one of the best designs, with Assegai following closely in second. I like Icaras and Mirage's designs as well, just for different reasons. Goteki 45 looks oddly a bit "Fifth Element", but I'll wait until I can inspect further. AG.....I don't know how I feel about it, it's changed a bit, but again I'll wait until I see it up close before final verdict. Auricom kinda surprised me, as the design for that ship is very intriguing.;)

We'll have to wait and see, won't we?...:)

AG-wolf
10th June 2009, 03:56 AM
Some of them looked pretty slick, others were kinda lame... I'm under the impression that these are just alternate models, and not replacements though... I surely hope I can still use some of the older designs...

Moriarty79
10th June 2009, 05:56 AM
Where can i see new ships?

darkfaerytales
10th June 2009, 10:50 AM
as it seems now we have some merial to do a better judgement
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6290

now run to seeeee it!!!:p

mic-dk
10th June 2009, 11:00 AM
I hate what they'd done with my beloved AG-5Y5 and the used-to-be-sleek'n'mean Piranha. They just look plain wrong.

On the other hand I really like the new Triakis, Assegai and Auricom. They all look like they'll make you bleed!

Sausehuhn
10th June 2009, 11:44 AM
I don't like (most of) them.
The new EG-X looked nice from what I could see from a blurry picture; and Feisar looks ace.
Well. That's it. For me, most new designs look like battle machines, rather than WipEout. Same goes for the zone-variants. I'm missing the sleek lines.

There are some good "parts" nonetheless; Auricom for example has some nice design aspects I think. Overall, though, the ships look like made of plates not being glued together.

TaroBarkhan
10th June 2009, 12:27 PM
I like the new designs very much. They look more ruthless now. Like mean unforgiving fighting robots. :robot

... Hmm, that's actually what they are already.

At least that's the impression when racing/battling some of the WZ members online :g

It rocks :rock

stinkleroy
10th June 2009, 12:34 PM
I like most of the new designs but not sure about the new Icaras, seems to have lost it's graceful shape. But aside from that I'm happy :)

graeble
10th June 2009, 03:40 PM
love the new models.
the only thing that i kind of dislike is the way the "scales" on the ship open up forward. i guess the ships guts need to be cooled down a little more in fury. so i still love 'em.
why are people hating on icarus? it looks great! it seems to be the sleakest of all the new designs.

IDReaper
10th June 2009, 04:03 PM
In a way I think the design decisions make a lot of sense outside of asthetics. WOHD is FX350 correct? One would assume that as the season progresses the setting moves closer to FX400(Pulse) than FX300(Pure).

TaroBarkhan
10th June 2009, 04:09 PM
I must admit I did my judgement too quickly. Icaras looks odd, in my opinion. :(

http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblogeurope/3550834215/in/set-72157618580209476/

I still like the other ships, though.

RedScar
10th June 2009, 07:19 PM
With this new round of screens, I can say I love most of the new ship designs. AG-S is still a big shaky for me but the screens only show the back of it so far so I will wait to see it.

AnErare
10th June 2009, 07:32 PM
I like most of the new designs but not sure about the new Icaras, seems to have lost it's graceful shape.

I agree that it has lost it's grace but Detonator is not going to be about tenderness :mr-t

I must admit I did my judgement too quickly. Icaras looks odd, in my opinion.

I did agree on Icaras looking odd, but of course these are the Fury Detonator models..

Check these:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36895389@N00/3613785888/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36895389@N00/3613785696/

In my opinion, as far as I'm able to form it based on these shots, that looks friggin wicked! :hyper

DawnFireDragoon
10th June 2009, 07:49 PM
I don't like (most of) them.
The new EG-X looked nice from what I could see from a blurry picture; and Feisar looks ace.
Well. That's it. For me, most new designs look like battle machines, rather than WipEout. Same goes for the zone-variants. I'm missing the sleek lines.

There are some good "parts" nonetheless; Auricom for example has some nice design aspects I think. Overall, though, the ships look like made of plates not being glued together.

agreed. too spikey and some just look odd.

i was gonna question aerodynamics, but then thought of mirage esentially been a massive flying bug...so nevermind!!!! :)

AnErare
10th June 2009, 07:56 PM
I do not understand what your fuss is about. They have been telling us they come with the new mode, Detonator. Of course they look like battle ships, because they are...

DawnFireDragoon
10th June 2009, 08:01 PM
actually you use the detonator ship in detonator mode, these are just new ship skins for regular races :)

and this thread is about whether we like them or not. i simply do not. i'm not makiing a fuss. i would have preffered some different colour schemes instead of adding stuff to the shape of the ships...that is all. but alas, i'm not bothered about the skins, so me disliking them doesn't matter really. loads of people are hyped about them...which is cool.

i'm looking forward to detonator mode and modesto heights myself.

AnErare
10th June 2009, 08:03 PM
As far as I've understood it's the other way around. They come with the mode and can be used in regular racing..

And thus I think this needs to be seen in perspective.. which it has been taken out of. Biasing opinion with glances and contextual murder is something I do not really like ;)

Spece2goin
10th June 2009, 09:51 PM
and this thread is about whether we like them or not. i simply do not. i'm not makiing a fuss. i would have preffered some different colour schemes instead of adding stuff to the shape of the ships...

you probably missed the posts in an other thread in wich we said that there are 3 skins for each new model.
So there are other color schemes to unlock.

@ AnErare : here is the only detonator ship
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36895389@N00/3611438152/sizes/l/in/set-72157619497443944/

others are new regular ships
and in zone battle they got added glowing part, but still are the same models.

DividedXZero
10th June 2009, 09:56 PM
you probably missed the posts in an other thread in wich we said that there are 3 skins for each new model.
So there are other color schemes to unlock.

Seriously!! That's great to know!
(I guess i missed that info)
Where was this info confirmed?
I know it was mentioned as a good thing to have just never knew that was actually the case.

Thx

Spece2goin
10th June 2009, 10:07 PM
http://dailymotion.virgilio.it/video/x9hpgp_coverage-e3-09-in-game-wipeout-hd-f_videogames

on the ship selection screen, each vertical part is a team.
on the upper side the new fury ships, on the lower the old HD ships.
there are 7 cells, so 3 skins per model + the chrome one.

DawnFireDragoon
10th June 2009, 10:28 PM
as you say: 3 skins for each new model

which i'm not a fan of, the new models are too far from what i persnally recognise as an ag craft in the wipeout universe, as someone else mentioned, the plates that look like they're not attatched to the ship properly and random spikey bits and what-not.

but as i said, it's all good.

new tracks, new game modes, new skins...everyone's got something to look forward to.

Motorsagmannen
11th June 2009, 03:01 AM
some of these crafts have a greatly changed apperance compared to HD. but as far as i could tell on first impressions, the essence of each team is maintained (although slightly sceptical to the eg-x colourscheme:P). i would definitely say that some of the ships now look slightly more battle oriented than they did before.
my general opinion so far:
:+
-harimau.
-auricom
-assegai
-mirage
-goteki
-eg-x
-feisar
-triakis (and finally no camo :D)
:-
-icaras
-ag-5y5
undicided:
-piranha
-qirex

this is not a comparison made against the original teams, but rather if i like the new design or not.

Darkdrium777
11th June 2009, 03:19 AM
Anyone care to point out the EGX. 'fraid I missed it. :?

BARTgai
11th June 2009, 03:29 AM
EG.X

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36895389@N00/3610627579/sizes/l/in/set-72157619497443944/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36895389@N00/3611440512/sizes/l/in/set-72157619497443944/

Darkdrium777
11th June 2009, 04:47 AM
I thought that was Feisar... Well thanks.

KIGO1987
11th June 2009, 04:50 AM

New Skin will camouflage quite well into the scenery quite well. Time to eliminate:g

darkfaerytales
11th June 2009, 08:52 AM
some of these crafts have a greatly changed apperance compared to HD. but as far as i could tell on first impressions, the essence of each team is maintained (although slightly sceptical to the eg-x colourscheme:P). i would definitely say that some of the ships now look slightly more battle oriented than they did before.
my general opinion so far:
:+
-harimau.
-auricom
-assegai
-mirage
-goteki
-eg-x
-feisar
:-
-icaras
-ag-5y5
undicided:
-piranha
-qirex

same here! only difference is in piranha that after the new shots grows in me and i like it now

-qirex: is good but spot the same issue of the old model, from certain angle looks sweet, from the side view looks fat ankward and unaestethic

-icaras: however i consider this new design so much better than the regular pulse one fury icaras > old pulse icaras , i this shot i've higlight the only thing i really don't like much http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3771/3550834215b2a19649a1o.jpg

ag-sys remains the only without any hopes...why since they have in mind to do a faster ship than the ond model didn't have used a model similar to the iper-sleek one from wip3out, i don't know...

anyway here i have prepared some modified shots with highlight and comments on some questionable things http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5900/wohd20090518141617jpgco.jpg
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/203/wohd20081229211154.jpg

Anyone care to point out the EGX. 'fraid I missed it. :?

EG.X
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36895389@N00/3610627579/sizes/l/in/set-72157619497443944/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36895389@N00/3611440512/sizes/l/in/set-72157619497443944/

I thought that was Feisar... Well thanks.
i can well believe it! so much wrong blue tone http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7569/3611440512fe3d88bd6cbco.jpg http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1140/361062757916b44b4262bco.jpg some comparison with the old blue tone

i haven't understand yet if that blue pastel tone is supposed to be a big lunar park adversiting with the teddy bear or is actually the tone of team colours, in this case it's clearly wrong...

AnErare
11th June 2009, 12:17 PM
Ah right then, I've misunderstood, I take it you are one of the lucky ones who already got a preview and has sorted it all out.

It does make sense though. What I think I needed to say was that they come with Eliminator mode. But that is just a different name to label what I was saying.

Asayyeah
11th June 2009, 01:34 PM
Is there any other internal-view pilot like me who is not really found off in term of design from ships : honestly i never been attracted to those details but i do reckon it's part of the incredible futuristic atmosphere all wipeout are. Maybe if i was racing external far or close it could change my mind on that point :?:

Motorsagmannen
11th June 2009, 02:32 PM
@darkfaerytales:the big blue sections on the eg-x is without doubt a big lunar park adversiting. so this leads to the rest of the ship beeing pretty much completely yellow. so it doesent seem like the team colours actually changed, they just got a huge sponsor logo on the wings.

Spece2goin
11th June 2009, 03:51 PM
@darkfaerytales:the big blue sections on the eg-x is without doubt a big lunar park adversiting. so this leads to the rest of the ship beeing pretty much completely yellow. so it doesent seem like the team colours actually changed, they just got a huge sponsor logo on the wings.

you missed that one

still the wrong blue shade on all the ship.

but seems good to me, as the red/yellow colors are good, blue is just an ad.

but don't worry darkfaerytales, i'm sure the two other liveries are without such ad, and good!

Motorsagmannen
11th June 2009, 04:24 PM
hmm youre right didnt look at that picture, but i have no concerns in general with the eg-x beeing yellow and blue, just a bit worried that the egx will be too similar with the feisar colours. but since the new feisar looks far lighter in tone, with new main colours in light turquise and white. i`ll guess we just have to wait and see what all the new liveries looks like. im not a keen person on doomsday prophecies anyway, so as long as i dont see something totally appaling ill stay positive.
@darkfairytales: yes the new headlights is one of the feature that totally ruins the smooth icaras, but i would say that the back section of the ship looks fierce, so it is not all bad. on the ag-5y5 i like the design of the rear section better than the one on hd (especially the airbrakes.) but the front end looks much more bulky than in HD( as far as i could tell.) but when limited to just a couple of shots of each ship its just speculatory at this point anyway, i`ll be waiting impatiently for fury to arrive so that i could dive into the full picture

Avenger2197
11th June 2009, 05:22 PM
(2nd time. Let's hope the database lasts this time)

I personally like the EG-X's use of all the teams colors on the livery they are showing us. The burnt red on the nose, followed by blue, then yellow, makes for an interesting design I would be happy to fly. The large Lunar Parcs bears are a nice touch on the wings too.:)

Qirex is the only ship that worries me, as far as design and livery. The only shots we have are of the 3rd "old" HD skin re-worked on to the new body. To me it seems as though there wasn't much inspiration given to the purple brick, as far as the shape of the ship is concerned. A return to the sharp, jutting, and massive craft of the old Quantax designs would have made it the best out of all of them imo.

Spece2goin
11th June 2009, 06:20 PM
gallery is updated.
EG-X : no problem, color scheme is very nice in that angle
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36895389@N00/3615843075/sizes/l/in/set-72157619497443944/

@Motosagmannen, take a look at our new deadly tool, looking like a giant dagger!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36895389@N00/3616662128/sizes/l/in/set-72157619497443944/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36895389@N00/3616236779/sizes/l/in/set-72157619497443944/

Awesome! thanks SL!

hey : wow http://www.flickr.com/photos/36895389@N00/3617055402/sizes/l/in/set-72157619497443944/
that AG-Sys is nice too, i was affraid, but it's ok.
Motorsagmannen was right, don't be pessimistic, until you saw everything!

and that translucid skin is a nice effect for Zone, ProblemSolver will tell us many things about it! Hope he will be able to connect and play online with his ghost glowy Feisar!

yeldar2097
11th June 2009, 06:36 PM
mmmmmmmmmirage, thanks for making my ship less ugly sl :D
(although now i actually love it in all its bugdom :P (as in the old one))
new one is funkytown groovy :hyper

Motorsagmannen
11th June 2009, 06:51 PM
@spece2goin: in fact the new harimau was my second, instantly-fell-in-love-design in fury, its so vicious and sleek. imo it is in the lead in favourite ship design on fury, just as it was in HD:P. my first love was the new goteki ( but only because i saw that first ;)).

darkfaerytales
11th June 2009, 06:56 PM
so it doesent seem like the team colours actually changed, they just got a huge sponsor logo on the wings.

what about goteki? :p when they got light orange among our team colours? however i like it

hmm youre right didnt look at that picture, but i have no concerns in general with the eg-x beeing yellow and blue, just a bit worried that the egx will be too similar with the feisar colours. but since the new feisar looks far lighter in tone, with new main colours in light turquise and white. i`ll guess we just have to wait and see what all the new liveries looks like.

indeed at first could be mistaken for feisar, note that the tone of blue of eg-x is very original among others and very dark too

hey : wow http://www.flickr.com/photos/36895389@N00/3617055402/sizes/l/in/set-72157619497443944/
that AG-Sys is nice too, i was affraid, but it's ok.
Motorsagmannen was right, don't be pessimistic, until you saw everything!

the problem still, like for some cases in old models as well that from certain angle view some ships look really nice and same ship view from another looks crap...the big problem i think ag-sys have is A: is too fat B: that damn snowplough thing on the nose just below the cockpit, then that damn ugly square vent-hole whateever is this...what hell is this new trend to put un-aestethic un-aerodynamic ugly useless things upon the nose of the ships?