PDA

View Full Version : Team ENG vs The Flying Dutchmen - The Rematch!

OBH
9th June 2009, 07:06 PM
Thats right Yeldar! time to put your money where your mouth is! :D

4 vs 4, 16 races, weapons on.

I was thinking Sunday 21st June 9.00pm though time can be changed if needs be.

Looking forward to this one, Lux has been on good form when ive raced him lately, need to put a leash on him! (not had the pleasure to race you yourself Yeldar letely! :g)

So far Team England consists of : -
Greenix
Hellfire
Andybob
Amorbis
--------------------------
Stinky :)
Silverfox
Peh-Hok

Hellfire_WZ
9th June 2009, 07:09 PM
Count me in :)

AnErare
9th June 2009, 07:20 PM
Ah nice, I'd like to attend but am working nightshifts fom friday eve until monday morning.. I'm able to attend until 8pm your local time. But maybe that wont matter, we'll see :)

andybob35
9th June 2009, 07:28 PM
More than happy to race for England... team or reserve, should be good for the 21st.

yeldar2097
9th June 2009, 07:28 PM
if i'm fast enough to qualify (it's dead competitive over here) then you can bet your bottom dollar i'll be there.

we'll see who the real top dog in the mirage barracks is :banzai
3rd skin, you're going DOWN!

KIGO1987
9th June 2009, 07:57 PM
Team England's newest player

Newest Player for Team England, the guy with the ****ed up face (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0U84z_SZv4&feature=related)

yeldar2097
9th June 2009, 08:41 PM
a prime example of what we're up against :D
actually now that i think about it, i'm slightly worried.... :lol

OBH
9th June 2009, 08:56 PM
Team England's newest player

Newest Player for Team England, the guy with the ****ed up face (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0U84z_SZv4&feature=related)
Dear god, why show that show to the world!? Jeremy Kyle is top of my "people i want to burn list"...

.... as well as "people i want to stab list", "people i hope die a slow and painful death list", as well as any other mental list i may make :D

yeldar2097
9th June 2009, 09:19 PM
are you kidding? jeremy kyle is (one of) my life-long hero(s)
he's incited much laughter in me in the 'pre-WOHD' days. daytime tv was the only way i could pass the time without turning to drink/drugs/crime during my long school holidays :lol

Luxoflux
9th June 2009, 09:24 PM
Nice!!! about time another country volunteerd to be blown away by our pirates :D count me in

Luxoflux
9th June 2009, 09:25 PM
Nice!!! about time another country volunteered to be blown away by our pirates :D count me in

Amorbis
9th June 2009, 09:28 PM
I'm looking forward to this, it's been a while since Team England had a match. Maybe we could employ the weird person on Jeremy Kyle to be our mascot :p. That show is so awful and sometimes great to watch :lol.

yeldar2097
9th June 2009, 10:39 PM
It's what i watch when i'm eating lunch :D, great tv show, better than ****ing loose women (as in the programme not the act)!

KGB
9th June 2009, 11:02 PM
Good luck lads! Watch the Dutch though, they have their Cricket **** together, don't know about Wipeout mind. :)

yeldar2097
9th June 2009, 11:17 PM
25th most popular sport in holland VS 3rd most popular in england - game over :D
4 average pilots from holland VS the best of the best of the best enlish pilots - game over :banzai

...i hope... :P

KGB
9th June 2009, 11:39 PM
4 average pilots

You are not wrong :):p

(Not even playing and im trash talking) :beer

yeldar2097
9th June 2009, 11:41 PM
4 average pilots is all we need.
4 of the greatest pilots ever known is what we have ;)

KGB
9th June 2009, 11:45 PM
Seems like ages since I last talked crap with you Yeldar

We will give you the cricket and we may give you the darts sometimes, but your not having Wipeout. :)

AnErare
10th June 2009, 12:42 AM
You guys may be spraying trashtalk, you could join that show you mentioned easily, but I've seen who got the special case last month :P

Mad-Ice
10th June 2009, 07:12 AM
I think I am one of those average pilots. So I will be there!! That island is gonna sink, we pirates are trained for that.:pirate

lunar
10th June 2009, 07:42 AM
I saw an interview on TV with the "Dutch" cricket team and it seems most of them are not really Dutch anyway but South Africans etc. They seem to struggle for home grown talent and have to borrow from other countries..... :beer

silverfoxy
10th June 2009, 08:23 AM
Great to see the banter flowing.

We just need to persuade the Dutch to visit a coffee shop before the match and then the English will win !!

Will put myself down as a reserve, haven't really raced online since the English qualification heats and I'd like to think there are 8 better pilots than me who can represent Queen and Country.

Quite happy to shout abuse from the sidelines about hills, clogs and cheese though :p

stinkleroy
10th June 2009, 09:47 AM
Oh am loving this...will also put myself in as a reserve, but frankly there are far better pilots than me in this team so am happy to sit on the bench. I'll be with silverfox on the cheerleading team...you got your pom poms ready? :p

silverfoxy
10th June 2009, 10:50 AM
Cat - I thought we could be responsible for skinning up rather than pom poms !!

OBH
10th June 2009, 11:38 AM
I dont know; jump infront of the dutch with your pom poms out as they fly past might cause a spectacular (and welcomed!) crash :g

Alsom pressure guys and girl! but ENG are still basking in their undefeatedness! :g

AnErare
10th June 2009, 12:00 PM
But we are baking some extra special cookies for you! Once you've eaten those we will need an Icaras and Piranha engine to flare your eyes open again!

:pirate

stinkleroy
10th June 2009, 12:02 PM
Haha you two!

...sure I'll put the pom poms aside and make a massive spliff instead :nod

AnErare
10th June 2009, 12:14 PM
Ah that's ace, pollute the air in which you dwell. We don't have as much rain over here to wash it all away :P

Away into the lounge and out your reserve spot went :)

stinkleroy
10th June 2009, 12:20 PM
Hahaha you cheeky monkey! Don't worry AE my reserve spot may have gone 'up in smoke' but I'll get you this weekend during Avalon...I have some revenge business to take care of :rock

AnErare
10th June 2009, 12:42 PM
Uh ow, me be watching my back and yours.. I can't handle that! :pirate

andybob35
10th June 2009, 05:13 PM
Cat - I thought we could be responsible for skinning up rather than pom poms !!

ha ha i'd take you up on that offer but i will be red-bulled up and a sober spongebob heheh.

OBH
10th June 2009, 05:19 PM
Almost time for smoking and football. My favourite passtime :)

silverfoxy
10th June 2009, 05:53 PM
Osama - We will have to have a game of PES soon. Have to have a home and away game to make it fair and no cheat teams (man u, barca). My team of choice is Villa so think of a team similar.

Should be a nice exercise in attack versus defence tonight.

Andy - thats the joy of being on the sidelines, no need to worry about random drug tests :rock

yeldar2097
10th June 2009, 11:06 PM
They do random drug tests at my school, that puts the english on par with the 'powers that be' at this place (which is run by Aussie's)...Not a good thing I can assure you ;)

Greenix
11th June 2009, 10:16 PM
Ahh this looks like fun, if you need me I'm happy to do a bit of Dutch pest control :D

OBH
12th June 2009, 12:39 AM
Well our team looks sorted!
if more people want in we can happily host a qually race. Let gotta ask :)

Should be good! Got a little taster racing with andybob and mad-ice today, hadnt raced against either of you guys for ages, Greenix too for that matter.

looking forward to this one :)

Mad-Ice
14th June 2009, 04:02 PM
So are we Flying Dutchmen :pirate ready to let the island sink?

I call on: Yeldar2097, Luxoflux, AnErare. Shall we start at 21:00 GMT+2. Same as local UK time 20:00. Is everybody cool with this?

Hellfire_WZ
14th June 2009, 04:25 PM
You know it's NEXT Sunday Matt? ;)

AnErare
14th June 2009, 06:38 PM
No he didn't ;)

He just called me for preparations ;p

yeldar2097
14th June 2009, 07:11 PM
hahaha, classic. see how eager we are :D
good job it's not this weekend or i'd have to miss it - phew :)

Mad-Ice
15th June 2009, 07:10 AM
Well, I was just making sure this thread stays active :paperbag and if team England is still up for this fight and not running away!:p

OBH
15th June 2009, 12:23 PM
dont go backing down now lads :) we're ready to go!

SaturnReturn
16th June 2009, 10:50 PM
Damn. I go away for a few days and you guys are arranging a party without me. Oh well if you do need a backup player then I know this guy....etc.

yeldar2097
16th June 2009, 10:56 PM
well you're faster than me so.... mad-ice, SR - yes/no/maybe?

SaturnReturn
16th June 2009, 11:08 PM
Faster than you? Did you break a finger while I was away or something?

yeldar2097
16th June 2009, 11:16 PM
no but i haven't played for a while so i'm ****, not to mention the fact that you're better than me anyway ;)

OBH
17th June 2009, 08:34 AM
Our revised team for this match is -
Greenix
Andybob
Hellfire
Amorbis

Cant believe im out again, its the dreaded "Metatarsal" injury of wipeout :)
Ill take my leave, and leave the rest of the organising to you guys.

Good luck to all but mostly to England! :g
(Wheres a union jack smiley face when you need one!)

yeldar2097
17th June 2009, 10:52 AM
well at least now we know the top scorer will be using a 2nd skin Mirage :D

We'll be winning this one so when you're back up and running we'll have a decider - we can't leave things at one apiece now can we? :banzai

Mad-Ice
17th June 2009, 11:36 AM
Oh no not again Osama!! I hope you get back in real soon, good luck mate. Well Yeldar and Saturn it is always difficult who is gonna race or not but I think it has to be the one who reacted first into this thread. So Saturn if you want to be standby that would be so cool because I am not sure if AnErare is able to show up because of his work. So maybe after all it will be you anyway. We will wait and see what happens. AnErare will let us know asap.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Amorbis
17th June 2009, 02:45 PM
It's a shame you have to drop out Haydn, I hope you can get your PS3 back up and running before the world cup, that is if you're still going to be in Team England :lol.

(Wheres a union jack smiley face when you need one!)

I can go one better than that! http://www.emofaces.com/en/emoticons/e/england-emoticon-flag.gif

AnErare
17th June 2009, 09:15 PM
Mad is right. I've already said in this thread it would be difficult for me. I have to leave at max at 21:30 GMT+2. If we'd be able to start at 19:00 your local time that would be awesome but I'd understand if that is not an option.

Saturn, don't count on me teaming up for this one, that means there's a spot for you for sure!

edit: Ok, since the 14th of this month there have been made some changes in train schedules, I've just found out this means I have to leave at 21:00 GMT+2 so I am officially not going to make it.

SaturnReturn
19th June 2009, 05:16 PM
I hope you're not just being kind and making that story up for my sake AnErare. If you can make it then as Mad-Ice says, you are first choice as you got here first. If not then I'll happily make up your spot on the team :p, which is cool for me as I don't think I raced England last time. I just got home and I'm getting back into the swing of it right now.

yeldar2097
19th June 2009, 08:44 PM
let's show them how we roll :D

i'm gonna need some serious practice though, i'm flying like a dead slug that's been squashed into some tarmac...

:banzai

Hellfire_WZ
19th June 2009, 08:56 PM
Can I confirm this is starting at 20:00 UK time? I'll be out most of Sunday and want to make sure I'm back :)

yeldar2097
19th June 2009, 10:14 PM
so i'm going to have to record top gear then. no worries :lol
anyone want to practice with me? there's nobody online atm :(

AnErare
20th June 2009, 01:25 AM
I hope you're not just being kind and making that story up for my sake AnErare. If you can make it then as Mad-Ice says, you are first choice as you got here first. If not then I'll happily make up your spot on the team :p

Nope, it's not a story, check my first post in this thread. Am at the office right now watching 4 screens.. Just get back into your rhythm and hoist them sails ;)

AnErare
20th June 2009, 08:57 AM
Oh and not to forget: please record the tournament from as many viewpoints as possible to add to Hellfire his tournament blog :)

SaturnReturn
20th June 2009, 06:14 PM
The tags for this thread are hilarious.

So just to check, as I arrived late. It's 9PM UK time tomorrow (Sunday). That right?

Amorbis
20th June 2009, 07:12 PM
That should be correct Saturn. I'm going to to turn up at around 20:30 if possible, I don't want to be the one holding this clash of the titans up ;).

I was thinking Sunday 21st June 9.00pm though time can be changed if needs be.

OBH
20th June 2009, 10:37 PM
Win streaks gonna keep rollin' on :g infact ive lost count!! 5? 6 maybe?

My moneys on partner-in-crime hellfire to bring home the gold. Not biast or anything :)

yeldar2097
21st June 2009, 02:26 AM
you just wait my friends, you're in fr a nasty surprise: yeldar's back with a vengeance :banzai
*advises dutchmen to steer clear as well ;)

Peh-Hok
21st June 2009, 05:07 PM
Really sorry for the late notice guys but I can't participate tonight. Good luck England, not that you need it.

silverfoxy
21st June 2009, 05:40 PM
Good luck to the English boys tonight.

Time to send the Dutch running for the hills ;)

yeldar2097
21st June 2009, 05:49 PM
hills? what are hills?

Mad-Ice
21st June 2009, 05:53 PM
Hi guys, I really hope we can start at 20:00 UK time and 21:00 Dutch time. Anyway, I will be ready for you guys anyway! I will be online from 20:30 Dutch time. Greenix do you want to host the forward tracks first and than I shall host the reverse tracks with a small break of 5 minutes. Is that okay with all of you?

Everyone should write down their own points to be sure and send them to their team leader or into this thread.

Good luck everyone, greetz Mad-Ice

Hellfire_WZ
21st June 2009, 06:14 PM
Just got back. Still need to set up the PS3, set up the camera and eat. Might not be ready until about 20:15 but will try my best :)

Greenix
21st June 2009, 06:20 PM
I'm fine with that Mad, as long as everyonelse is ok.
Good luck peeps, not that Team England needs it :banzai

Mad-Ice
21st June 2009, 06:25 PM
Lol! I will go online right now, we will just wait and see who is coming in.

SaturnReturn
21st June 2009, 06:46 PM
I just ate dinner and need dessert. There's a pair of juicy melons (galia and honeydew :p) in the fridge with my name on so will have a munch on them for dessert and be along shortly.

See you soon.

yeldar2097
21st June 2009, 06:47 PM
are we doing non-weps as well?

SaturnReturn
21st June 2009, 07:01 PM
Don't think so. Wasn't in the initial challenge was it?

Hellfire_WZ
21st June 2009, 09:42 PM
FINAL SCORES

Team England - 257
The Flying Dutchmen - 208

Thanks to all who took part :D

I'm away for a few days so vids will start going up on Wednesday evening

SaturnReturn
21st June 2009, 09:51 PM
Pwnage :(

AnErare
21st June 2009, 09:55 PM
Congrats England!

The count can not be right tho, the max points with 8 players and 16 tracks is 464 but 257+208=465 ;p

What happened? You guys should have finished a while ago. And Hellfire, you didn't appear to be glad with the outcome either.. Tell me why I was reluctant to miss this challenge :)

Hellfire_WZ
21st June 2009, 10:05 PM
Oh I'm happy with the result, I'm just modest when it comes to winning ;) We started late due to a bit of confusion when we were meant to start, we eventually got underway around 9:30 GMT I think. We then had to restart halfway through the first round due to a number of disconnections.

And the count is correct, I recalculated from the videos and got exactly the same numbers

AnErare
21st June 2009, 10:08 PM
Ah great, that's good to read. That must mean there has been a tied finish, nice.

I'm looking forward to the vid's!

Hellfire_WZ
21st June 2009, 10:11 PM
Ah yes, there was. Can't remember the race, but I think Lux and Greenix drew on one track.

andybob35
21st June 2009, 11:02 PM
lol have only just seen the tags! Gsoh to the creator ;) pretty crazy on the tracks... 8 players, one corner, a whole load of :turd... look forward to seing the videos without playing ahhh. Good job Team England, we managed to keep friendly fire to a minimum :hyper

Good game people, very entertaining as always :lol The dutch be walking the plank aaaRRRGHHHHH me hearties!!

Amorbis
22nd June 2009, 12:19 AM
The friendly fire on the English side was rather tame in comparison to the Dutch ;). Hellfire's videos should provide some quality entertainment from what happened in the tournament. I can't say I did as much destroying as I'd wanted to but I think I only came last once, maybe twice, which is an achievement for me :D.

Commiserations to the Dutch, you were a great team to race. So when is the re-rematch? :lol

yeldar2097
22nd June 2009, 12:22 AM
when hell freezes over

OBH
22nd June 2009, 01:08 AM
great stuff :) looking forward to the videos

Mad-Ice
22nd June 2009, 05:49 AM
Congrats to team England! You were the better team. When 8 skilled pilots enter the tracks it is carnage for sure. Thanks Charlie for the points and the upcoming vids.

Greetz Mad-Ice

SaturnReturn
22nd June 2009, 06:59 PM
The friendly fire on the English side was rather tame in comparison to the Dutch ;). Hellfire's videos should provide some quality entertainment from what happened in the tournament.

Erm, I'm not sure I want those videos to be made available to the public. Does Hellfire take bribes?

KGB
22nd June 2009, 07:02 PM
Well done England:hyper

Is someone going to put up all the final scores, I think we need to see why Yeldar has gone dark ;).

Amorbis
22nd June 2009, 07:06 PM
FINAL SCORES

Team England - 257
The Flying Dutchmen - 208

That's the final scores overall, KGB. I don't know about individual scores. My overall score was 52, scoring 26 in both tournaments. You'll be able to see the scores in Hellfire's videos if Saturn doesn't give him a big enough bribe :lol. I'm sad to hear about Yeldar, but I can't stop him from going if he wants to. One not-so-good event shouldn't stop anyone from racing.

OBH
22nd June 2009, 07:15 PM
Forcing our opponents into retirement!! I love you guys :) Great skills!

Hellfire_WZ
24th June 2009, 12:32 PM
I need to collate all the individual scores before uploading the videos, I'll post them when I do.

EDIT: Individual scores here - http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/ENGvsTFD-21.06.2009.jpg

Hellfire_WZ
24th June 2009, 09:00 PM
A few videos are now up, will aim to have the rest up tomorrow :)

SaturnReturn
24th June 2009, 09:10 PM
Nice table Hellfire. I see I get way less points once I stop destroying my team mates :( Or maybe that was when they were all getting revenge on me :p

Hellfire_WZ
25th June 2009, 08:41 PM
All videos now up - here's the link if you need:

http://hellfirewz.blogspot.com/

yeldar2097
25th June 2009, 09:14 PM
i guess i'll upload mine too then...
if you value you're eyes you won't watch them though - it's like looking at medusa on an LSD rampage with her tits out. not my finest hour, honest :nod

Hellfire_WZ
25th June 2009, 09:24 PM
Ah, we all need some tits-out entertainment at some point in our week ;)

yeldar2097
25th June 2009, 09:28 PM
more like an excuse to cry and throw **** out the window,
my own arrogance was my undoing...

I'll upload my favourite one first then i'll upload the rest :D

Lance
25th June 2009, 09:35 PM
I didn't know that our WZ member, Medusa, would do such a thing. Still don't know. Suspect not.

yeldar2097
25th June 2009, 09:56 PM
i may have been slightly presumptuous there.....
soz medusa ;)

yeldar2097
26th June 2009, 10:48 AM
First Vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lsnFiqm2co&fmt=22)

Hemicrania
26th June 2009, 12:37 PM
And you want to quit??? I wouldnt even come close in my lifetime, hehe. Yeah it looked like you ate some mines here and there, but those corners man. Tight.

[I havent seen that much WOHD video's, so this is just an opinion of a N00b who rides with PA on haha, but it didnt look that bad right?]

yeldar2097
26th June 2009, 12:45 PM
trust me, it's bad (except for the bit i highlighted :D).
watch some more vids, you'll see what i mean.