PDA

View Full Version : Pulse on Playstation Store?

Fascia
3rd June 2009, 09:49 AM
With the release of the PSP Go soon I'd really like to see a downloadable version of WipEout Pulse, any devs able to confirm whether or not it's coming out as a downloadable?

ACE-FLO
3rd June 2009, 10:12 AM
Also interesting to see that Pulse has gone Platinum, meaning it sold loads! Available from Playstation Store.

NightArh
8th June 2009, 03:43 PM
I founded Wipeout Pure Platinum only in the PSS for the present. I think we will see Pulse here too. UMD media with this game costs twice more expensive

archman
8th June 2009, 04:46 PM
Downloadable games...what's the case here? You download the game and you don't have a box??!??!? I can do it now for free in approx 20mins. In one day I'll have about 30 games. ;)

NightArh
9th June 2009, 07:33 AM
I can do it now for free in approx 20mins. In one day I'll have about 30 games. ;)
But it is legal official way to obtain games :nod UMD media was a good idea to prevent piracy and no one can clone UMD disc up to now. But Sony admitted PSP was a fail because of many vulnerabilities that allow to run unsigned code. The new way of selling games and new PSP System are the appropriate decisions of Sony corp. to prove itself in the right.

archman
9th June 2009, 01:59 PM
Legal? And is it ethically legal for Sony to put out so much **** on us buyers, eg like this shitty psp go, or ten tons of bugs on Pulse?? I'm not supporting Sony.
LoL, legal downloadable copy? No box, no artwork, no nothing...no thanks ;)...hhahhaa

Cheers! ;)

btw.: I see you guys are not really following these rules about quoting. They are there on purpose.

KIGO1987
9th June 2009, 07:41 PM
Sony is working on a device that allows you to transfer your old UMD gaming collection onto your PSP console's memory stick or Solid Slate Drive. If this is to be, then there would be some move over to the new PSP GO. Myself, im not buying one until there is a bloody SIM card slot in it as well as a decent 32GB plus sized one.

NightArh
9th June 2009, 08:06 PM
If I lose my flash card with downloaded game can I download it one more time to my console?

archman
9th June 2009, 08:08 PM
I know that DLC packs can be downloaded 5 times. So it's a possibility here, too. But this sucks anyway imo. :D

kaori
10th June 2009, 10:55 AM
I've received a mail of Sony one or two month(s) ago, and WipEout Pulse will be available on PSStore (but any date was given).
And once you have bought a game, you can download it infinitely, on 5 different systems. For example, I deleted and (re)downloaded GTi Club + on PS3 more than 5 times.

AnErare
11th June 2009, 03:16 PM
I just went into the European store to check out the update-thursday and Pulse is indeed available. I'm downloading it as I'm typing this message :)

It's 210MB and they ask 19,90 euro's for it.

This means we are both save with Pure and Pulse with the Go but also just plainly without UMD's ;)

ACE-FLO
11th June 2009, 03:35 PM
A good question here - I have a PSP1000 OFW, with Pulse UMD - Now - If I were to buy a PSP Go, can I not get pulse as a download for it for free? coz I've already paid for it already and my UMD is redundant with the PSP Go!

Do sony have an aftersales service for people in my situation???

This question begs an answer....

NightArh
11th June 2009, 03:37 PM
I dont like PS Store... I can't choose my country even in the list because it is absent there! :) (PSP and PS3 are officially selling here) I can choose only Russia with appropriate settings and I dont know can I buy stuff with my credit card because of different currency?:?

AnErare
11th June 2009, 03:51 PM
Ace, though I understand where you are coming from those are 2 different products so you'd have to buy it again..

Night, I have no idea what your best option is..maybe a country bordering on yours? :/

edit: I've had to ditch cfw on my psp2k because it asks for fw v5.03 or higher...and I do not have the patience to find out how to circumvent that.

2nd edit: it now looks like the DLC are integrated instead of a separate entity, the files go into the same folder and Pulse assumes the graphics in the XMB. This amounts to a total of 244MB for the entire game without savedata :)

ACE-FLO
11th June 2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the help, AnErare - it is appreciated... Bummer then! So - now I'll have to get a new PSP, not sure about the "GO" though, if it had a sim card slot - that would be me!!! My PSP is crapping out now, I think it's got one more Avalon weekender left in it before it dies... Maybe I'll get a slim? who knows!!!

lunar
11th June 2009, 05:06 PM
I read that Sony would be coming out with an official solution for getting UMD games onto PSP GO. Don`t quote me on that, but I think they have that under control. I think Google might reveal more if you search.

With the DLC packaged in with the game I wonder if it will get a North America release and therefore the DLC will finally make it across the pond? £14.99 is a very high price for over here though. I only paid about that for the new game on UMD.

AnErare
11th June 2009, 05:13 PM
Oh sorry Lunar, that's not what I meant ;(

The DLC don't come with the game over here.. The new files are just being stored in the same folder as the DLC.

lunar
11th June 2009, 05:18 PM
Oh I see. There I go assuming the best and calling the glass half full again - I must stop that bad habit ;) Thanks for clearing it up before too much excitement took hold :paperbag

ACE-FLO
11th June 2009, 05:20 PM
aha - I was also under the impression that DLC was now to be included with the game price - think thats it then - I gotta get me a slim and use my existing UMD, and NO, I WILL NOT PAY FOR ADDITIONAL DLC - it shoulda been free to begin with.

Who are they kidding anyway? They want the game to sell more? then give away the DLC for free - end of subject!

I swear Sony/SL like cutting their own noses to spite their face!!!

kanar
11th June 2009, 05:58 PM
ok just bought it cos' i was fed up to use the umd, & tested it... WHAT a surprise; this has to be confirmed, maybe it's my sickness, but seriously I feel a change in the framerate (i'm official firmware). Less tearing, from my point of view. I'll try more later, but if it's confirmed, it's a good point!

archman
11th June 2009, 06:02 PM
What the ****? Anyone else experienced this? Don't tell me that those scores could be entered in woz then.
Mad-Ice? Your thoughts about this?

AnErare
11th June 2009, 06:03 PM
Kanar, hmmm that sounds really good. I hope that means they've also taken out a few bugs in the process.. I'll be testing for myself a bit tonight.

Arch, it is an official product, so... It wouldn't really be fair but it may only apply to races and not to SL, TT or zone..

kanar
11th June 2009, 06:25 PM
nah it's slightly notifiable. Just a little bit smoother, but really, nothing more. Enjoyed some speed lap runs, but this is not like they improved something, this is exactly the same game, from my point of view. More related to the access time on memory stick? really don't know. The game loads quickly btw.

ACE-FLO
11th June 2009, 06:46 PM
ok just bought it cos' i was fed up to use the umd, & tested it... WHAT a surprise; this has to be confirmed, maybe it's my sickness, but seriously I feel a change in the framerate (i'm official firmware). Less tearing, from my point of view. I'll try more later, but if it's confirmed, it's a good point!

really? Please keep us updated - it's news like this which will make me part form cash - for the betterment of my poor, stigmatism suffering eyes...

Thanks man!

What the ****? Anyone else experienced this? Don't tell me that those scores could be entered in woz then.
Mad-Ice? Your thoughts about this?

But Arch - it's a bit late at this point - some PSP owners have this game on their Memory cards (unofficial) and I'm sure those tprofiles have been uploaded and continue to upload on wipeout-game.com

Kanar, hmmm that sounds really good. I hope that means they've also taken out a few bugs in the process.. I'll be testing for myself a bit tonight.

I wish they have - but not confident on Sony/SL to look after us that much! Still - we can hope... and see the results soon enough!

nah it's slightly notifiable. Just a little bit smoother, but really, nothing more. Enjoyed some speed lap runs, but this is not like they improved something, this is exactly the same game, from my point of view. More related to the access time on memory stick? really don't know. The game loads quickly btw.

Which from what I can tell by speaking to some people I know with unofficial Pulse on their memory cards - is the same thing!!!

So - essentially - I think I'll have to get this version as a download from PlaystationStore too... Cool Beans man!

archman
11th June 2009, 06:50 PM
...Just a little bit smoother...

This is the reason why the scores from PSN version shouldn't be considered. It's cheating, just like pushing cpu on *fw. ;)

ACE-FLO
11th June 2009, 06:57 PM
But - the unofficial version must run the same - it's the same concept - No UMD means no in game loading crap from a separate mechanism (UMD) - essentially the downloaded versions from both the Playstation Store and unoffical versions are the same concept - same thing!!! How is it different?

I can see why it will scroll smoother too - with no disc to read off - those nano seconds it takes to read from a disc is redundant here - instead -the CPU reads direct from memory card - cached memory rules man!!!

archman
11th June 2009, 07:11 PM
??? I'm using UMD to play Pulse, and Pure soon. I'm talking about this "smoothness". The scores of this version are invalid. It's like playing on emulator.
Waiting for Mad's comment on this crap.

!Ace, please edit your posts regarding me using memory card to play Pulse. I'm using UMD.

archman
11th June 2009, 07:14 PM
But Arch - you got Pulse on your Memory Stick - so essentially - it's the same right? No difference I'd imagine...

No difference. So that's why THIS times are INVALID!

(but i'm not using iso)

MrSmadSmartAlex
11th June 2009, 07:25 PM
I've noticed no smoother gameplay on my stick version, when set to "default", only faster loading times, and more battery life. As far as I know, it's all loaded into the RAM before each race anyway (maybe I'm wrong on this).
The issue here is whether there are bug-fixes, or better FPS on the PSN Store version. If so, then it's an unfair advantage over UMD users, and should not be allowed on WZ records, especially seeing as CFW records are not, even set to "default" CPU speed (which is why I've entered none of my records since I switched, even set to "default").

ACE-FLO
11th June 2009, 07:27 PM
OK - apologies for the name drop - posts are taken care of! Thin Ice and all that!!!

ACE-FLO
11th June 2009, 07:30 PM
The issue here is whether there are bug-fixes, or better FPS on the PSN Store version. If so, then it's an unfair advantage over UMD users, and should not be allowed on WZ records, especially seeing as CFW records are not, even set to "default" CPU speed (which is why I've entered none of my records since I switched, even set to "default").

But just today you told me you broke your personal best in OP7W is the score online in Wipeout-game.com? Youi said you took second!!!

Either way - I really don't think that SL/Sony are gonna include bug fixes - that would take more money and resources - which I'm pretty sure they won't waste on a platinum release - why would they? There is no reason in their business minded way of thinking to do this for us!!!

archman
11th June 2009, 07:36 PM
Anyway, whatever, but...Playing PSN version online is not a fairplay. Coma.

Cheers!

ACE-FLO
11th June 2009, 07:38 PM
That remains to be proven... Not just boldly stated here that they cant be used for online play - that's unreasonable.

We don't know if they have made it smoother - I don't think they have - It just appears to run smoother because there is no UMD drive toread off... as I explained earlier (this is what I believe)...

MrSmadSmartAlex
11th June 2009, 07:45 PM
I've not entered new records on WZ is what I meant by that, as the tables here are for completely unmodded machines. Those are the rules here, and I'm not going to break them. I'll still enter records on wipeout-game.com though.

edit: Nobody said anything about online play. This is just about the records on WZ.

archman
11th June 2009, 07:52 PM
Yes, ok, I'd even "allow" records, but it's not fair on online play.

kanar
11th June 2009, 07:59 PM
hey guys seriously I probably had a wrong good feeling about the psn game. Really I'm totally sick and if Alex, which is a regular pulse player (i'm not!), tells you there's no differences, well I'm wrong. The umd is not used during race, he's right.

ACE-FLO
11th June 2009, 08:06 PM
Yes, ok, I'd even "allow" records, but it's not fair on online play.

I don't get it? Why not? It's the same as using a UMD until proven otherwise - and it has not been proven... However, within the next week or so - I'm sure one way, or another - it will be proven...

Kanar wrote:

So - from a PSP owner who runs official - he claims just a lil bit smoother...

and - "this is exactly the same game"...

and - The game loads quicker - to be expected with no UMD drive - it takes half the work out of the IRQ signals trying to access hardware - especially moving hardware like a UMD (Lord!) hence - the appearance of a smoother frame rate - not an actual smoother frame rate - that will be unchanged...

OK - define framerate - Here goes my explanation! If a game is made to run 30FPS and runs smoothly (all 30fps in the given second) then - what's the problem, you aint going any faster are you??? There is no unfair advantage there... Unless you know another explanation for frame rate...

SO - putting this topic to bed until the actual results are spoken of here by Kanar and other peeps who have purchased the PSN download, and make their findings apprent for all of us!

MrSmadSmartAlex
11th June 2009, 08:13 PM
Hehe - you're a great diplomat, Kanar.;)
Maybe things appeared a little heated, yes. To be honest, I'm not bothered what people use for wipeout-game records, except for actual cheats. Even Jaytech:lol (I don't btw)! Same goes for online play. WZ records on the other hand are for identical systems and games, to preserve fairness for sure. That was all I was trying to say.

archman
11th June 2009, 08:15 PM
OK - define framerate - Here goes my explanation! If a game is made to run 30FPS and runs smoothly (all 30fps in the given second) then - what's the problem, you aint going any faster are you??? There is no unfair advantage there... Unless you know another explanation for frame rate...

There is a few years old explanation already, on which exact base the "other" fw is banned. It says: Your eyes see more, the graphics are fluent, you respond better, which is a crucial part in this game. I found myself smashing the wall while racing with 6 others because of a framedrop tons of times. This will not happen on increased fps. Hence, more smooth, you drive better - FPSTech lol. In other words, this is cheating. ;)

ACE-FLO
11th June 2009, 08:22 PM
Wait - hold on - You either use OFW or... There's no compromise here - there's no splitting of hairs to be all PC - if someone has modded their model, then that's them telling us one day they are going default and another... well you can guess... Or One day telling us - they don't upload their modded profile to WZ - how can you be certain... IMO - if you have a modded console - you shouldnt be allowed to enter your times in the WZ ranks - full stop! But how many of you actually adhere to that? It's a matter of personal conscience... And we live in a bad world - I'm only being real here guys.

Point is - how do we know if they are lying or not? The difference isn't drastic between modded and unmodded versions - I hate talking about this topic because it causes a split amongst this community - and have a feeling we're going down the same route as other banned members... Which I'd rather not end up as...

Arch - with regard to framerate - the only way this can increase is if SOony/SL have actually UPPED the framerate by re-coding the game... the likelyhood of this? - absoultely ZERO!!!

So please please please people - Let's not discuss this until the results speak for themselves ok!!! And not take blind guessing at "Ifs and Whens and Maybes" they paint a picture hazy...

Ending on this note - I'll say I apologise to the mods and to Infoxxicated if my posts were bordering on the bannable - It was not my intention - I've tried to be as discreet as I possibly can - but one must realised that this is an important assessment which us - wipers - need to know the details of - as it does poise concern for our dedication to this game online/offline etc...

So let us let the results speak from themselves...

ACE-FLO
11th June 2009, 08:25 PM
There is a few years old explanation already, on which exact base the "other" fw is banned. It says: Your eyes see more, the graphics are fluent, you respond better, which is a crucial part in this game. I found myself smashing the wall while racing with 6 others because of a framedrop tons of times. This will not happen on increased fps. Hence, more smooth, you drive better - FPSTech lol. In other words, this is cheating. ;)

Just seen your post - I think you are actually referring to clock speed - and not frame rate - that will reamin unchanged in the game and can be influence (slihghtly) by clock speed... everyone knows this...

archman
11th June 2009, 08:26 PM
Smoothness IS the increase in FPS!
I am not guessing if they changed the game code to run smoother, I'm just saying that if the results say that the game runs smoother than umd, than that version is wanted to be illegal online.

MrSmadSmartAlex
11th June 2009, 08:31 PM
Ace, how do we know if anybody's truthful about their firmware, CPU speed, or anything else? It's based on honesty whoever enters records here. And I don't enter WZ records on a modded console - all my (4:lol) records here are from when I had OFW. Now let's leave this be. Too heated...

ACE-FLO
11th June 2009, 08:38 PM
I'm not accusing you or anyone else - I hope you believe this mate!

But - it does pose a concern - and yes - it is heated... And I too wanna leave it alone lol,

All I know is - You guys have been on at me to have my PSP modded for the better, smooother frame rate - due to my eyes being buggy with stigmatism and the migraines I suffer (which I never complain of), And I havent done so. Cash is a concern at the moment - so is the risk of messing my PSP up... But - it just seems that half the members of this site have modded PSP's - what - am I supposed to take their word that they are running 266? and not 333? come on!!! My eyes do come first - I have only one pair - but here's me - Still OFW (just updated to 5.51 today) and still suffering out of fairness to the people of this site...

Where's my respect? None I believe, none to be had for speaking about something which has major health implications for me... and being a soldier about it!

Anyway - I'm done talking here! I need to eat!

Oh - almost forgot - I will be getting this version and playing it online too I might add - it is an official PSP release, so there is no cheating involved - end of subject!

AnErare
11th June 2009, 08:57 PM
This entire discussion is pointless.

The product is just a discless version loaded from memory stick. The game is the same thing. If that is called cheating or unfair play that's like telling your neighbour who isn't driving his car with a modern injected fuel system is doing illegal things. Or your friend who plays it with a psp2k or 3k that he is cheating with double the ram in his system :P

Go think about that please. I think I know what Mad is going to say about this but well.. You could also just read the rules :)

ACE-FLO
11th June 2009, 09:05 PM
Man - I so agree with what AnErare says here - this is my belief... +1 for this post AnErare - simply coz I find an affintiy with your way of thinking - your rationalization...

archman
11th June 2009, 09:13 PM
...If that is called cheating or unfair play that's like telling your neighbour who isn't driving his car with a modern injected fuel system is doing illegal things. Or your friend who plays it with a psp2k or 3k that he is cheating with double the ram in his system...

I know the rules. All you just said makes it "legal" to use cfw333 ;);)
Thumbs up.

End of the discussion.

ACE-FLO
11th June 2009, 09:17 PM
Er... how so? He never said it was ok to run 333... Just ok to use the discless version... The PSP1K, PSP2k and 3K are not designed to run on 333 with pulse or pure... and doing so causes an unfair advantage to the user...

I need an explanation here of why you seem to think it is ok to run 333?

AnErare
11th June 2009, 09:28 PM
Nobody ever said using forced clockrates was illegal. Only that it would not be allowed to enter records onto this site. Aside from that there has been a gentlemen agreement about online racing. Even entering times into the tables has to be done manually and so are subject to a gentlemen agreement, besides Tomahawk's close scrutiny :D.

But, I've not implied what you said, arch, in any way.

MarcoM
12th June 2009, 06:57 AM
I just bought the psn version (still have the umd version). Loading times are better. Framerate still drops rarely in a Eliminator race.

19 Euro's in Euro psn store.

NightArh
12th June 2009, 08:34 AM
PSN version is better from umd one because of additional battery saving and faster loading time :nod

archman
12th June 2009, 01:36 PM
It's impressive that this count of people is actually paying for the same game twice! Hats down. :D

ACE-FLO
12th June 2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah - hats down indeed - will you take yours off for me when I get one Arch;)

TBH - I'll be pretty skint for another month at least - bloody payroll effed up my salary two months on the trot... Only got paid half my salary - so Next month - I'm expecting a fat wedge... and maybe a slim too, in which case - the PSN download veriso will be bought (yeah - I'm a mug for buying it twice ok lol)

Any further developments with regards to the findings of this version? Frame rate - PC syndrome? etc?

Anyone?