PDA

View Full Version : HD with FURY expansion questions

blackwiggle
3rd June 2009, 03:36 AM
I started a new thread because I think the questions I'm about to ask might get lost in the FURY announcement post,and I think some others might like the answer to these questions as well.

I've been wondering how much is FURY a expansion pack and how much of it a game in it's own right.

So if Paul Tweedle ,Colin Berry or any other SL staff could answer some of them it would be appreciated.

FURY has been announced as an expansion pack for HD ,the graphics look considerably different to HD ,which begs the question, can a mixture of HD & FURY tracks be selected to be in the one online tournament? ,as it would seem that you would of wanted to keep the general look of the series the same.
This is what is what originally got me wondering how much of a separate entity FURY is.

If they can be mixed ,how will the current online work for those who don't have FURY installed yet?

Will there be online board icons telling people that the FURY pack is required to play in a particular tournament/race?

Or will the tournament/race not appear on the online board to those that have yet to install it?

Can eliminator mode be used on the HD tracks ?

It was announce that there are new trophies to get,if this is an expansion on HD wouldn't that effect the attainment of the Transcendence Trophy with it having the perquisite of attaining all other trophies?

Darkdrium777
3rd June 2009, 05:01 AM
Graphics are not different from HD... You're just seeing the illusion of new material shaders and textures developed specifically for the expansion. As far as I've seen, nothing but the lamp posts from Ubermall has been re-used in the tracks of Fury (And the lamps are probably new too, just very similar). It's entirely new content, and I applaud SL for that (And that's why it took so long to come out most likely).

Presumably it will separate the games, as there is also a patch coming out along with Fury, so this most likely will add features such as highlighting games that are "waiting" and games with DLC content.

Eliminator on HD tracks: I certainly hope so and I'm 99.9% sure it will. It's stupid for just eight tracks.

Platinum is not affected by DLC content, get the 38 trophies of the default game and you will have Transcendence, the bar just won't show 100% completion.

lunar
3rd June 2009, 07:26 AM
I think that`s a very useful bunch of questions, Blackwiggle. I think it will all be revealed in the download method. Some possibilities are:

1. Fury could be just a "plug in" for HD. You launch HD to play it. Everyone has to download the Fury content even if they don`t buy it. This way they can still "see" and play the content when hosted by others online, but they can`t host it or do it single player. Maybe this is unlikely if the DLC update is very big. It`s a very common way with PSN games. It works with Everybodys Golf very well, but does lead to some big update downloads.

2. The Fury DLC could be Pulse style. You just download the content it if you want to buy it. If you don`t buy it you are locked out of online games and you can`t join if you haven`t bought the DLC. You launch it through HD the normal way. This method would be weak, I think, as online would be a dog`s dinner of haves and have nots.

3. You launch Fury seperately to HD by launching a seperate game called Wipeout HD Fury. This is bought and downloaded seperately. It has no connection with HD and is played seperately. Very unlikely!

4. Like 3, you launch Fury seperately to "old" HD by launching a seperate game called Wipeout HD Fury. This is bought and downloaded seperately. You can also access "old" HD through this game. Fury has seperate online servers to "old" HD. This way only people who have bought the Fury content appear on this server and there is no confusion, but old HD content can still be played.

I think it`s really unlikely that we will end up with a situation of people being locked out of online races on the server because they don`t have new content. It would lead to so much confusion and bitterness I can`t imagine Sony would think that is a good idea or acceptable at all. I think it will be 1, but think 4 might be the best as it could possibly allow a great big bug fixing patch and broken PSN id`s to return if we were effectively playing a new game. I`m sure I missed a lot of possibilities, but speculation over! ;)

Connavar
3rd June 2009, 07:44 AM
We just need servers (running games, lobbys) with FURY content to be
filtered out for HD-only players.

That way, nobody will notice anything, you just launch the wipeout HD game
normally, that's it. Yeah HD only gamers will notice less games online,
will only be able to see the lobbys/games when they're compatible with
their settings, like a single race on Vineta-K (which will happen)

blackwiggle
3rd June 2009, 08:13 AM
That would mean two different servers servicing,basically the same game.

If that were to happen they would need a separate facility to store the records.

Which wouldn't be a bad thing as the online records have become shambolic since the 1.30 & 1.40 updates.

But that would take $$,and just by the way the PR has been handled for the release of FURY [very little, a BLOG mention,that's it,nothing in the 171 minute SONY E3 presentation] that is just not going to happen.

Or even if it is,it will be left for solely software caretaker to tend it,as seems the case for HD as it stands now.

Spece2goin
3rd June 2009, 08:52 AM
i think that the two contents (HD and Fury) will be separated like Track Mania Nations Forever and United are.
i explain :

Fury owners will be able to see and play all games, wheter HD or Fury.
HD-only players will not see Fury games in the list of games.

and a little icon can inform Fury players wether a hosted game is hosted with Fury, or only HD.

that's how it should work imo.

so no download for those who do not want to pay Fury, they just play the same game they had, without beeing disturbed by fury.
And if Fury player enters a HD-only game, he still can select a Fury skin, but other players (that are HD-only) will see the default team skin.
nothing complicated
i hope this is how it works.

Connavar
3rd June 2009, 09:08 AM
No they can be on the same servers, just the HD clients won't be able to
join lobbys running some Fury exclusive content, that's it.
You don't even need an icon in fact! (But there could be one, then you'd use
a filtering option just the way you can already filter regions).

blackwiggle
3rd June 2009, 09:12 AM
That's why I made this a separate thread.

Only when we get some official clarification from the SL people are we going to know exactly what the situation will be.

Too many variables to guesstimate.:dizzy

OBH
3rd June 2009, 10:06 AM
Will the spectator mode be fixed for Fury? :) Never understood why it looks so incredibly poo :) If it struggles to follow individual players just have 6 / 7 fixed camera points around the track to switch between.

edit:
And will the badges be fixed and improved upon? How i get "quaker" when i havnt fired, or been hit by one is beyond me

blackwiggle
3rd June 2009, 10:18 AM
My inclining is that FURY [ Judging by the graphics show in the trailers] contain less information that needs to be transmitted to and from both the servers and the console than HD does.

So either SL has confirmed by their own actions that HD just eventually [with updates] overloaded the capabilities of the PSN.

or they are "Sorting it" so to speak, by using these graphics which would seem rather less finely delineated than HD's,saving bandwidth in the process,and not officially recognizing that things went horribly wrong with the 1.30-1.40 updates.

zeeZ
3rd June 2009, 10:21 AM
Graphics don't need bandwith in online play. Positions and actions do, but not the eye candy

blackwiggle
3rd June 2009, 10:35 AM
Then why the dumb down IMHO of the graphics in fury?

They certainly have a LOT more contrast,but the fine detail has gone compared to HD.

It's like it was mastered for a Blueray release that didn't happen.
[I could rant on about video mastering for Blueray discs but I won't bore you all with tech speak] suffice to say,content for Blueray is mastered at a higher contrast level than other video formats for consumer use.

The argument being that LCD displays have a lower contrast range than CRT or 6th generation Plazmas,if you master the Blueray disc at a higher contrast it will look a lot better on a HD LCD display than any other.

They call it selective display processing.

Who owns the right to Blueray?
Who sells the most LCD displays?

Nunalho
3rd June 2009, 11:29 AM
Most importantly, when is it comming out?

I dont want to wait much longer...we need this. :eek

Xavier
3rd June 2009, 12:33 PM
A few more questions:

* Can you buy HD in one region and Fury in another? I'll probably buy my PS3 in Japan, and buy HD in Japan too since that's where my credit card is. I'll want to buy Fury as soon as it comes out, which means getting the UK version, right? Is region segregation going to be a problem?

* Can you buy Fury without having acquired HD?

blackwiggle
3rd June 2009, 01:13 PM
Crikey!!!
Talk about lack of info and the questions that can pop up.

As far as I know Japan hasn't even got the 1.30- 1.40 updates yet.

A few of our Japanese members have been asking for it, or at least when it would become available to them.
I don't know what their [Japan} status is ATM.

How LOW down the priority scale has Wipeout become?

I'm not blaming Studio Liverpool [ some of it does though]

This crap for the vast majority rests SOLELY on SCEE Division.

NO Promotion what so ever.
NO mention of Wipeout at all,let alone FURY in SONY's E3 171 minute speech
NO update information until after the update and what it contains.
NO information regarding fixes to online issues and if they will ever occur.
NO information regarding resetting "Obviously Wrong" online records [even though notified]
NO "official" response to original PSID no longer being recognized by the wipeout online server,[If it wasn't for Elhabib,NOTHING would be known]even now the situation is the same,GOD knows the amount of people that we don't know about that are suffering this problem,it remains still after 5 months,NOTHING has been done to resolve it by SCEE [class action brewing]let alone recognize the problem.

It seems the LEGAL dept actually runs SCEE.
Hence nothing gets sorted in fear of a court case.
Where if they just FIXED things,NO legal people would get involved,saving millions and a lot of frustration by all.
And might be a major part of why SONY lost 32bil US$ last year

Darkdrium777
3rd June 2009, 01:17 PM
I made a thread about that, you know ;) :p
Yeah, it's incredibly frustrating, but those questions asked by me, Xavier (well not really) I can answer:

1. As far as I know: you can buy DLC worldwide, provided you have a credit card working for that region. If you can't get your credit card accepted to pay at the UK store, you won't be able to buy the DLC. But if you buy it, it will work.

2. Yes, you can buy DLC content without having the game it's made for. Don't know why though, you will be unable to play it, as it requires the full game.

H3avyM3tal
3rd June 2009, 01:20 PM
2. Yes, you can buy DLC content without having the game it's made for. Don't know why though, you will be unable to play it, as it requires the full game.

I don't think this applies to WOHD, but I have the pal version of Dead Space, and I bought one DLC from the US pss, and it didn't work. I hope this is the same for WO, but I got mine off the US pss so I'll be able to get this pack :)

Darkdrium777
3rd June 2009, 01:25 PM
Hmm, maybe it's possible they would restrict to regions if it launches at different periods. Yeah I think I heard of that now that I think about it.

H3avyM3tal
3rd June 2009, 01:33 PM
Thats the only reason I go through the trouble of buying only games from the US. However, maybe since every wipeout pilot can race with the rest of the world, coupled with it being a PSN title, this problem won't apply. I sure hope so.

Now this game NEEDS to be sold on disk, it is a full blown WipEout. And I don't get why sony didn't speak of this at the conference. There is no reason now to treat this game as a PSN title (ie mention it once or twice until it gets released, and then nothing).

blackwiggle
3rd June 2009, 01:35 PM
I could understand that reasoning if the game had yet to be released.

But that Isn't the case.

Japan should have got the 1.30-1.40 update the same as all others since they are playing online with us.
And those updates [except for the select turbo reset] only effect online.

H3avyM3tal
3rd June 2009, 01:44 PM
You know, I was wondering why I wasn't seeing japanese pilots online... They didn't get the 1.40 update yet? That is strange indeed, it's been out for a while now, and this was not that big of a patch.

guillaume
3rd June 2009, 03:30 PM
I'm pretty sure I raced Japanese players this week, and the week before that.

Sideshow
3rd June 2009, 03:37 PM
Be advised: make sure you buy Fury from the same Store that you bought Wipeout HD from. If it works the same way that Rock Band does, then they will need to come from the same region to interoperate.

blackwiggle
3rd June 2009, 03:44 PM
Guess we aren't going to get and explanation from SL on how FURY & HD meld,if they do.

I was watching WHO was online that could of responded,but chose not to.

Strange as it's Their baby.

It seems like a Cavet emptor situation atm regarding FURY .:P

Seraphim1982
3rd June 2009, 04:13 PM
Does anyone think that we will be able to achieve the original wipeout trophies while in the Fury content and vice versa? I ask cos I'm still a couple short of transcendence and the special Zone tracks might make things easier for me to get that elusive Zone Zeus.

PjotrStroganov
3rd June 2009, 04:33 PM
Maybe Fury gets extra trophies.

blackwiggle
3rd June 2009, 04:43 PM
I asked the same question at one of the Playstation forums.

Their reply was that it should not effect getting the original trophies [Transcendence],it will still allow you to get it via the original premise.

FURY will/should just add a percentage bar of trophies achieved like similar games that have had DLC trophies added.

Not that I'm a trophy hunter,far too old and decrepit to worry about those.

Plus one would need a constant source of new and extremely boring shooters to quell ones trophy cravings, if trophies are considered the mark of gaming competence.
I'd rather be put in a home than having to suffer FPS's.:brickwall

AG-wolf
3rd June 2009, 04:43 PM
You guys make it out like Fury is going to be a separate entity or something. Fury's just going to be an expansion; it'll update the user interface and add new content. "Fury" is just the expansion's name, kinda like the Beta, Gamma, Delta, Omega, etc packs for WOpure. Maybe future HD packs will be called like "Havoc" and "Chaos" or something.

ProblemSolver
3rd June 2009, 05:29 PM
I think that`s a very useful bunch of questions, Blackwiggle. I think it will all be revealed in the download method. Some possibilities are:

1. Fury could be just a "plug in" for HD. You launch HD to play it. Everyone has to download the Fury content even if they don`t buy it. This way they can still "see" and play the content when hosted by others online, but they can`t host it or do it single player. ...
Considering the lifetime of the PS3, it is very likely that the current
WipEout HD DLC, Fury, isn't the last one. So keeping DLCs consistent
is rather important to not split up the community.

I would do it as follows; For all those who bought WipEout HD there will
be an upgrade option (for a given price tag) to upgrade to WipEout HD
Fury! That is to say, there will be no plain WipEout HD any longer.
Hence, WipEout HD Fury will replace WipEout HD and will be sold at a
slightly higher price tag than the current version. The advantage doing
this is of utmost importance. It doesn't split the community! And only a
healthy community continues to buy further DLCs -- keeping the game
alive! So if you are new to WipEout you will be up-to-date on buying
WipEout HD Fury.

Pricing scheme
upgrade to WipEout HD Fury: 7.99 EUR
WipEout HD Fury full game: 22.99 EUR
(note: the pricing scheme is an example! do not copy)

WipEout HD is priced at 17.99 EUR over here in germany. A simple calculation
(based upon the given pricing scheme from above) yields that those who
bought WipEout HD are paying an additional amount of about 5 EUR compared
to those who will buy WipEout HD Fury straight away. Fair? Well, consider that
WipEout HD gets dated to some degree. And to win new fans for the franchise
you have to offer them a good deal. So if you look at it, it is a win-win
situation for everyone.

... Maybe this is unlikely if the DLC update is very big. It`s a very common way with PSN games. It works with Everybodys Golf very well, but does lead to some big update downloads. ...
Judging from what I've seen so far, SL is very efficient on storage space if
you compare them to other companies. Patches are also very small. Look!
People do download demos of about 1.5 - 2GB. :nod

Xavier
3rd June 2009, 06:03 PM
I made a thread about that, you know ;) :p
Yeah, it's incredibly frustrating, but those questions asked by me, Xavier (well not really) I can answer:

1. As far as I know: you can buy DLC worldwide, provided you have a credit card working for that region. If you can't get your credit card accepted to pay at the UK store, you won't be able to buy the DLC. But if you buy it, it will work.

Darkdrium, thanks! I had been afraid that (1) would turn out like that. Can you use point cards, then? Here in Japan they sell those in 7-11 stores and you can send them all over the world for people to use at the Japanese PSN Store.

As for (2), I was just wondering if you could still make use of the Fury tracks and other material if there were region problems and you (for some reason) couldn't "meld" Fury to your WOHD stuff.

I'll just play it safe and buy both from the same Store.

KIGO1987
3rd June 2009, 06:08 PM
Just about to say;

Can you change your choice of custom music track while in the ship selection screen while online, just like in Pulse?

This REALLY NEEDs to be put in. Cant stand how i cant change my music track options whistle playing online.

PLazarou
3rd June 2009, 06:48 PM
I have a question. I assume the four new tracks (+ four reverse) will be added to the main list and thus playable in splitscreen. But will any of the new modes be playable in splitscreen?

Splitscreen has a massive impact on framerate already, so I'm concerned that the likes of Eliminator (which is far more intense, and causes horrendous framerate drops in Wipeout Pulse) will not be playable in splitscreen.

KIGO1987
3rd June 2009, 07:06 PM
****, i think Eliminator mode at 1080p@60fps, plus additional players is going to crash the PS3 console when you think about it, guess we are going to have to wait then.

Amorbis
3rd June 2009, 07:54 PM
I know this is a really small thing, but it could have an effect on eliminator mode. I've noticed from the trailer that in eliminator mode you have the ability to swap directions. I was just wondering how will ships going the wrong way react to speed pads? You can see in the attached image Qirex is going one with the speed pads and Auricom is going against them.

Nothing big really, they either slow you down a bit or they don't.

Motorsagmannen
3rd June 2009, 11:09 PM
i would guess, the same way as in HD. they will slow you down, but if you go fast enough not stop you. this seems to me as the most logical solution as there is no need to change it for eliminator anyway.

Seraphim1982
3rd June 2009, 11:26 PM
If we can flip round in eliminator mode does that mean back quakes are here again? :D

Darkdrium777
4th June 2009, 01:23 AM
Xavier, I do not think PSN cards work worldwide, only on the store they were made for. So I would be surprised if your Yen cards work on the UK store. I recommend you import a 50$ American PSN Store card and buy WOHD and Fury when it comes out from the American PSN Store, as European cards are not out yet (Although I read they were coming, maybe they are out now idk)

OBH
4th June 2009, 01:33 AM
I was thinking, wipeoutHD itself only cost £11 - the biggest release date bargain ive ever seen by miles! - £40 in the shops and ive still bought it, and it would still have been worth every penny.

But if that was so cheap, how much is this going to be?

Spece2goin
4th June 2009, 08:15 AM
If we can flip round in eliminator mode does that mean back quakes are here again? :D

reverse quake is the first thing i thought about when i saw this asseagai do this 180° spin.

darkfaerytales
4th June 2009, 08:47 AM
what's that pastel colours ship in one of the new shots??!

WTF? eg-x?!! pastel blue! isn't supposed to be very very dark tone of blue?
like powder blue or blue-black?

:eek light blue? what the hell:mad:

are we sure that the ship models on the shot are finished?

i have read in a couple of italian ( and not italian too ) webzine that with the dlc pack there supposed to be a little graphical restyling/update too, as someone in first post have sugested, too me it have sense since basicaly the game was realeased like a year ago, and is well clear by the trailer that the new track enviroment and stuff look slightly different...

H3avyM3tal
4th June 2009, 09:56 AM
I know this is a really small thing, but it could have an effect on eliminator mode. I've noticed from the trailer that in eliminator mode you have the ability to swap directions. I was just wondering how will ships going the wrong way react to speed pads? You can see in the attached image Qirex is going one with the speed pads and Auricom is going against them.

Nothing big really, they either slow you down a bit or they don't.

I think this is one ship using the leech beam, as you can see the beam above the Auricom, and somehow you can spot it on the Qirex, and you can also see it at the Eliminator part of the trailer.

BTW, I hope someone can answer this, but what is the name of the track that plays in the trailer? The tune I mean.

gettinmoney662
4th June 2009, 10:08 AM
I wish I saw this thread earlier. What I want to know is if the Fury tracks/modes can be used to get AG Assassin? Will the kills in Eliminator mode count towards getting that trophy?

lunar
4th June 2009, 10:50 AM
Sounds like some clues to Sony`s plans in this (http://e3.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696205/wipEout-HD-Fury-Preview-From-E3-2009.html) link Zeez posted. It suggests there will be an all in one version where you can buy HD and Fury in one go.

"Sony are also planning to release a version of wipEout HD that comes with Fury and the updates that have been released for the game in one nice package"

What this means exactly.... I don`t know!

No release date, but seeing that "Summer 09" is games industry code for "Autumn 2011" I will set my heart on before Christmas then I shouldn`t be disapointed I think. :)

H3avyM3tal
4th June 2009, 11:00 AM
Why does it says in that link that there are 4 new tracks and not 8?

djKyoto
4th June 2009, 11:03 AM
Cause its 4 plus their reverse variations, hence 8.

H3avyM3tal
4th June 2009, 11:20 AM
Is that really the case? 4 new track layouts? Or could he be wrong?

silverfoxy
4th June 2009, 11:44 AM
@ Osama - It was the best £11-99 I've ever spent in my life. Going by that reasoning I'd guess between £6-8 for the DLC.

Even if they charged £50 it would still have given me the most value for money in a game ever !!

G'Kyl
4th June 2009, 11:54 AM
Is that really the case? 4 new track layouts? Or could he be wrong?

It's 4 tracks: Modesto, Talon's Junkyard, Amphiseum (White is now Black) and Tech de Ra plus reverse versions. Oh, and they got the Zone tracks from Pure as well.

Ben

G'Kyl
4th June 2009, 12:06 PM
Splitscreen has a massive impact on framerate already, so I'm concerned that the likes of Eliminator (which is far more intense, and causes horrendous framerate drops in Wipeout Pulse) will not be playable in splitscreen.

Don't worry, Eliminator basically runs as fine as any other splitscreen mode.

reverse quake is the first thing i thought about when i saw this asseagai do this 180° spin.

Yep, you can fire everything in every direction. You can even fly each way, too. Eliminator is gonna be da SH.T online!! (in a good way! :) )

blackwiggle: You start WOHD, choose which menu style you like, then there's seperate "HD" and "Fury" campaigns, anything else - I think - uses the same menu. Does that actually answer your question? I'm sorry, but I'm somewhat pressed for time.

Ben

guillaume
4th June 2009, 12:10 PM
You have it already, you lucky bastard?! :g

Sch@dows
4th June 2009, 12:14 PM
Probably playing at E3 expo.

H3avyM3tal
4th June 2009, 01:00 PM
Nice, thanks for the info Ben.

AG-wolf
4th June 2009, 01:13 PM
Gamespot hands-on at e3 article:
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6211465/wipeout-hd-fury-hands-on
brief, as they haven't spent much more time with it

darkfaerytales
4th June 2009, 01:19 PM
Talon's Junkyard

hahahh hilarious

Amphiseum (White is now Black)

WTF? why the damn hell they don't keep for a ****ing time both the diverse courses, it cost so much work to them...:mad:

bytheway what's the course we have , the one with big jump at the end or the other one?

Paul Tweedle
4th June 2009, 01:31 PM
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd try to address a couple of your questions.

Firstly let me say that Japan DOES have the V1.40 update. It released there about a week later than in Europe and US due to a bank holiday they had.

I also wanted to confirm that the new Fury stuff slots tidily into the existing HD game. So you can choose any mode and track from Racebox. The HD Campaign remains as it is but is joined by the new Fury Campaign which, as I've said, focuses a little more on the new modes and tracks.

As for Trophies, the ones that are specific to HD (basically the campaign ones) will behave as they always did. The non-specific ones will trigger in any content (HD and Fury). Things like Smile Please, Happy Accident?, Own The Zone, Double Kill, etc. Basically they will behave as you would expect them to as a player. Beat Zico is still very hard ;-)

There are new trophies too of course...

As for Eliminator mode, it is every bit as much fun as in Pulse and yes, you can fire a Quake backwards down the track.

Please note that prices and exact release dates are not yet set, when they are they will be announced. We appreciate that you're excited but this stuff takes time.

Hope that answers some questions,

Paul.

djKyoto
4th June 2009, 01:52 PM
Cheers for the continuing info Paul. Appreciated.

Fancy getting me a Job at SL? :D

Will it the usual 1950pts (equilivent of 13 bronzes) worth of DLC allowance?

A gold in there would be nice, but you don't get much room in DLC content for new gold trophies.

I just hope they're nice and hard. Zico was nothing*. ;)

*after 280+ laps...

H3avyM3tal
4th June 2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the info Paul.

I would like to ask ine thing though, so if you, or any of the pilots here for that matter, could answer it will be ace.

I asked this a page back, but what is the name of that tune used in the Fury DLC trailer?

djKyoto
4th June 2009, 01:58 PM
Song is Machine Gun by Noisia. :)

Paul Tweedle
4th June 2009, 02:00 PM

What he said ;-)

guillaume
4th June 2009, 02:00 PM
Probably playing at E3 expo.
Ooh that's right. Ben, are you at E3? I didn't know you were going there, you lucky bastard! Again! :D

G'Kyl
4th June 2009, 02:36 PM
Hehe, get your ass over here next time, Guillaume, for beer and stuff! :D

Talon's "Junkyard": Ah, shoot. I really should read my posts before hitting Submit. ;)

There is actually so much more about Fury I'd like to write, but I can't right now. You might know I'm not a HUGE fan HD - but I quite like what they did with the add-on. Did anyone mention the (very slightly) improved stats for the new ship models/skins yet?

Ben

blackwiggle
4th June 2009, 03:27 PM
Sorry but it still doesn't answer the question.

[I don't know what's happening but I keep getting consistent Wipeoutzone server issues,try later, A LOT]

I tried posting while Paul was still online.

Paul you specify RACEBOX,that's all well and good.

What the Original post asked .

Are HD and FURY tracks able to be mixed for ONLINE?

This has yet to be answered.and atm, almost seem a subject that has purposely ben avoided.

Paul Tweedle
4th June 2009, 03:38 PM
Sorry but it still doesn't answer the question.

[I don't know what's happening but I keep getting consistent Wipeoutzone server issues,try later, A LOT]

I tried posting while Paul was still online.

Paul you specify RACEBOX,that's all well and good.

What the Original post asked .

This has yet to be answered.and atm, almost seem a subject that has purposely ben avoided.

Yes you can freely mix up the tracks to create a tournament. The tracks are in the same "list".

Paul.

Spece2goin
4th June 2009, 03:47 PM

i really don't understand what you're asking for.

in your post that sounds : "if i host, i choose between HD game or Fury game"
ok that would be good to let people choose.
but you seem to think (or ask) : "if i choose fury game i only have the 4 new tracks(+r)"
that means if you choose at least 1 fury track in a tournament, you couldn't choose a HD track.

they won't release an expansion that does not allow you to play with older tracks. i find it a bit obvious. (but that's my opinion)

Edit :
OK, Thank You Paul!
you posted while i needed to improve my english sentences.

guillaume
4th June 2009, 03:48 PM
Hehe, get your ass over here next time, Guillaume, for beer and stuff! :D
I wish! If only someone would pay for it... :)

Talon's "Junkyard": Ah, shoot. I really should read my posts before hitting Submit. ;)
Ha ha, good one! :g

Oh no, you had too much brandy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9xeL9k4Ct0), you're getting paranoid again! ;)

LOUDandPROUD
4th June 2009, 04:05 PM
Did anyone mention the (very slightly) improved stats for the new ship models/skins yet?

Really? :o IIIIIInteresting...

blackwiggle
4th June 2009, 04:07 PM
I just wanted a specific answer.

Something we have now received.

WE WANT TO KNOW FOR SURE.

It could of been otherwise,don't ask,don't know.:P

Thank's PAUL for the clarification

gettinmoney662
4th June 2009, 04:45 PM
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd try to address a couple of your questions.

Firstly let me say that Japan DOES have the V1.40 update. It released there about a week later than in Europe and US due to a bank holiday they had.

I also wanted to confirm that the new Fury stuff slots tidily into the existing HD game. So you can choose any mode and track from Racebox. The HD Campaign remains as it is but is joined by the new Fury Campaign which, as I've said, focuses a little more on the new modes and tracks.

As for Trophies, the ones that are specific to HD (basically the campaign ones) will behave as they always did. The non-specific ones will trigger in any content (HD and Fury). Things like Smile Please, Happy Accident?, Own The Zone, Double Kill, etc. Basically they will behave as you would expect them to as a player. Beat Zico is still very hard ;-)

As for Eliminator mode, it is every bit as much fun as in Pulse and yes, you can fire a Quake backwards down the track.

Please note that prices and exact release dates are not yet set, when they are they will be announced. We appreciate that you're excited but this stuff takes time.

Hope that answers some questions,

Paul.

Nice, that's gonna make getting AG Assassin legitimately a lot more easier, especially since this update should bring a ton of people back to playing the game online.

I can't wait.

H3avyM3tal
4th June 2009, 05:08 PM
Niiiice, thank you very much dj ;)

yeldar2097
4th June 2009, 06:58 PM
Paul I love you.

Now that all my questions/prayers have been answered I'm not sure what more I want from life....besides a release date :lol

Mad-Ice
4th June 2009, 07:26 PM
Keep 'm coming Paul! Big :+

Sausehuhn
4th June 2009, 07:54 PM
Amphiseum (White is now Black)

I don't know if I should like that or not. That the most reverse tracks weren't "just" copies of the forward tracks made Pulse more enjoyable, as the different track versions bring more variety.

Long tracks can offer more variety for forward and reverse direction, even if the tracks are 1:1 the same. That's because they are long and include turns that are easy on forward but hard on reverse (and the other way around), so long tracks can be really different for both directions as they offer a lot of these turns.
For short tracks that's not always the case, as ofter chicanes work just one way but not the other way around. As Pure and Pulse only offer short tracks and were designed for forward directions (or, for reverse with another route) I'm skeptical if simple "forward to reverse"-tracks will work that well.

We will see.

Seraphim1982
4th June 2009, 07:57 PM
Yep, you can fire everything in every direction. You can even fly each way, too. Eliminator is gonna be da SH.T online!! (in a good way! :) )

Is that limited to Eliminator mode or can it be done in normal races too? Imagine being tailed by a guy for half a lap only to flip round and unload a few rockets in his face :P

Motorsagmannen
4th June 2009, 08:41 PM
Did anyone mention the (very slightly) improved stats for the new ship models/skins yet?

Ben

hmm im highly sceptical of this. i really hope you mean tweaked and not improved, as this will in the end lead to the original ships beeing abandoned. i think the different ships in HD are balanced quite well. and even if the fury ships are balanced against each other they sound "slightly" superior to the original ships, which i dont like one bit. also i hope the new skins are unlockable, just like the liveries. and not just obtained at purchase.

Darkdrium777
4th June 2009, 08:58 PM
Sausehunn, I think he means they just switched the names around, Amphiseum White = Reverse and Amphiseum Black = Forward. Because if you look in the trailer, both ways are there, that long turn before the big jump can be seen ("Welcome to Amphiseum"), as well as the magstrip drop.

Sausehuhn
4th June 2009, 09:16 PM
Ah okay then :)
Still, there's Metropia as an example ;)

ProblemSolver
4th June 2009, 11:41 PM
Sounds like some clues to Sony`s plans in this (http://e3.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696205/wipEout-HD-Fury-Preview-From-E3-2009.html) link Zeez posted. It suggests there will be an all in one version where you can buy HD and Fury in one go.
Makes sense to me. (http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=128427&postcount=29) :)

darkfaerytales
5th June 2009, 01:35 AM
I don't know if I should like that or not. That the most reverse tracks weren't "just" copies of the forward tracks made Pulse more enjoyable, as the different track versions bring more variety.

Long tracks can offer more variety for forward and reverse direction, even if the tracks are 1:1 the same. That's because they are long and include turns that are easy on forward but hard on reverse (and the other way around), so long tracks can be really different for both directions as they offer a lot of these turns.
For short tracks that's not always the case, as ofter chicanes work just one way but not the other way around. As Pure and Pulse only offer short tracks and were designed for forward directions (or, for reverse with another route) I'm skeptical if simple "forward to reverse"-tracks will work that well.

We will see.

indeed, have tracks that get basicaly 2 slighlty different courses one in forward other in reverse and aren't just the same track just raced in opposite direction , besides that'd be ACE and make more variety and fun, it make the number to a true 16 ( now 24 )
i don't see why people continue to say wipeout hd have 16 tracks when this isn't true at all

vineta: yes
anulpha: yes
moa therma : no same 1:1
chenghou: yes
metropia: no 1:1
sebenco: no 1:1
ubermall : no 1:1
sol 2 : no 1:1

so this actually makes 8+3 = 11

this is what intrigue me :

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9949/bkcsjdjgeq.png

see that, take a look, i'm pretty sure this is amphiseum by the light and the architecture

just, i don't remenber a part like that in any of the new track now

talon's can't be, the mags are on the loop only, same for rev.
tech- no mags at all
modesto- fwrd obviously no mag at all, rev. maybe in the big hump
so this lead only to amphiseum...

PLazarou
5th June 2009, 01:36 AM
I also wanted to confirm that the new Fury stuff slots tidily into the existing HD game. So you can choose any mode and track from Racebox.

Don't worry, Eliminator basically runs as fine as any other splitscreen mode.
ZOMG. So if I'm interpreting these two quotes correctly... all the new modes are going to be playable in splitscreen? :eek

KIGO1987
5th June 2009, 02:01 AM
indeed, have tracks that get basicaly 2 slighlty different courses one in forward other in reverse and aren't just the same track just raced in opposite direction , besides that'd be ACE and make more variety and fun, it make the number to a true 16 ( now 24 )
i don't see why people continue to say wipeout hd have 16 tracks when this isn't true at all

vineta: yes
anulpha: yes
moa therma : no same 1:1
chenghou: yes
metropia: no 1:1
sebenco: no 1:1
ubermall : no 1:1
sol 2 : no 1:1

so this actually makes 8+3 = 11

this is what intrigue me :

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9949/bkcsjdjgeq.png

see that, take a look, i'm pretty sure this is amphiseum by the light and the architecture

just, i don't remenber a part like that in any of the new track now

talon's can't be, the mags are on the loop only, same for rev.
tech- no mags at all
modesto- fwrd obviously no mag at all, rev. maybe in the big hump
so this lead only to amphiseum...

That photo is of The Amphiseum Black, since the black varient of the track has the mag strip on the main straight. While the White version had a massive jump there instead, which is absolute chaos on Pulse online sometimes.

But as we know with what happen to Metropia, that the Black version was the same as reverse and forward, this might be the same case scenario with The Amphiseum Black as well, where the forward and the reverse Architecture of the track are the same.

G'Kyl
5th June 2009, 03:14 AM
Is that limited to Eliminator mode or can it be done in normal races too?
No, I asked Tony the same question and IIRC it's an Eliminator exclusive. :)

hmm im highly sceptical of this. i really hope you mean tweaked and not improved, as this will in the end lead to the original ships beeing abandoned.
Me too, impoved, and yes, I think for TTing you would certainly want to use the ship with the better stats, i.e. the newly skinned ones. And yes, the'll be unlocked. There are three per ship and they look gorgeous - which is mostly because they got added geometry. The latter makes them look like... imagine comparing a convertible to one of the more recent SUVs. ;) (Are there videos around yet? I didn't have the time to look at what new material is out there.)

Ben

eLhabib
5th June 2009, 03:18 AM
Improved stats as in more balanced, ore actually superior compared to the original ones? I hope not superior, because that would make the original ship models obsolete... :(

Nice to hear there are 3 skins for each though :+
And no, no videos that I've spotted so far...

G'Kyl
5th June 2009, 03:53 AM
Superior, actually. Ever so slightly, though! Like .5 more speed and just as much more agility - something along those lines. But I imagine you TT guys will use all you can get... ;)

Darkdrium777
5th June 2009, 04:01 AM
KIGO: Again, Amphiseum has not been modified like Metropia was.
Look:
http://g.imagehost.org/t/0388/vlcsnap-75070.jpg (http://g.imagehost.org/view/0388/vlcsnap-75070)
That's Amphiseum White/Reverse's turn before the big jump.
http://g.imagehost.org/t/0565/vlcsnap-75240.jpg (http://g.imagehost.org/view/0565/vlcsnap-75240)
That's Amphiseum Black/Forward's magstrip drop right at the start.

Also: superior ships = stupid. They have to balance out.

BARTgai
5th June 2009, 04:29 AM
On the video, the weapons pads in the Amphiseum are blue like the boost pads. Why?

darkfaerytales
5th June 2009, 05:18 AM
There are three per ship and they look gorgeous

Nice to hear there are 3 skins for each though :+

****YEAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is the best news i can hear

which is mostly because they got added geometry. The latter makes them look like... imagine comparing a convertible to one of the more recent SUVs. ;) Ben
what? now this really bother me...what you exacly mean, comparing convertible with SUV? this isn't exatly a good image since with a good racing you expect sleek, smooth and dynamic forms...and added geometry, they wouldn't be like those discrage tank like mosters of fusion i hope!!!!:eek

Improved stats as in more balanced, ore actually superior compared to the original ones? I hope not superior, because that would make the original ship models obsolete... :(

different stats, in the sense of varied from the original ships has sense, so now we'll have more and more slighly different driving experencies, and has sense in " real " terms point of view since modified aerodynamics profile, built criterion , geometry ec ec implied different performances and add much more sense of reality & credibility, and orgasm attacks to such WOgeeks like me...

but superior in the sense for exemple old piranha 10-6-6-9 new one 10-7-7-9
is just ****ing damn bloody hell stupid:mad: that's harmful!

superior ships = stupid. They have to balance out.
i'm in accord with you :+ this would be just stupid, this remberer me a certain infamous game...an unlucky past episode...

now i have fear:cold

darkfaerytales
5th June 2009, 08:08 AM
this video ask some questions now:

http://dailymotion.virgilio.it/video/x9hpgp_coverage-e3-09-in-game-wipeout-hd-f_videogames

in this video you can see the ag sys ship , not yet seen in shots or the trailer
and the so argued issue about the improved stats

sincerelly i was expected much from ag-sys new model, definitely don't like it much, just matter of tastes

I DON'T HAVE SEE ALL THE VIDEO, THE ONES DON'T WANT STUFF TO BE SPOILED DON'T SEE THE LINK

edit: not that talon's junkyard seems no longer so dull :+

lunar
5th June 2009, 08:14 AM
If the new skins are actually faster that would put le chat parmi les pigeons in the TT/SL rankings, but we don`t know how it will be handled overall so it`s not worth complaining too much. It would be the same for everyone and if it gives everyone the impetus to start playing again it`s not a disaster maybe, but I would think the old skins would need the same stat boost or as eL says there would be no point to them and they would be obsolete, which would be a shame. But let`s wait and see as we`re not going on many facts in any of this :) I`m sure everything that is changed and all release schedules will be for the best of reasons, so I`ll take the blue pill and not worry. Best of luck to SL getting it ready for release.

Spece2goin
5th June 2009, 08:20 AM
On the video, the weapons pads in the Amphiseum are blue like the boost pads. Why?

probably eliminator mode, with pads always active.

leungbok
5th June 2009, 08:31 AM
No it seems to be the zone battle's mode. ;)

Darkdrium777
5th June 2009, 08:41 AM
New ships > Old ships

Dumb move. What is the use of the old ships now except being pretty in the menu? :/

You can clearly see on the video darkfaerytales posted that AG-Fury > AG-Systems, as you can see the red bit being added in the performance bar for Fury version.

So unless this works ONLY for Eliminator (Which is always possible) and in this mode only Fury ships are selectable, it's great for everyone else still playing Vanilla WipEout HD online. [/sarcasm]

And oh btw do we actually know if these Fury ships will be usable online? Or is it the same stupid thing as Pulse where they are not?
Also, any planned interactions between Vanilla WipEout HD and WipEout HD Fury for online, or does purchasing the DLC effectively lock you out of Vanilla WipEout HD because you get better ships?

kanar
5th June 2009, 08:43 AM
mmm blue pill for me too! Can't wait to ride my new pimped Icaras.

darkfaerytales
5th June 2009, 09:03 AM
New ships > Old ships

Dumb move. What is the use of the old ships now except being pretty in the menu? :/

in fact they look strangely prettier :P:lol:|

yeldar2097
5th June 2009, 10:57 AM
I'll stay loyal to my lovely old ships :D

Spece2goin
5th June 2009, 12:29 PM
I'll stay loyal to my lovely old ships :D

but the new qirex looks awesome! why don't you give it a try?

guillaume
5th June 2009, 12:46 PM
Ben, did you have the time to test the new ships and see whether the improved stats were just on paper or if the ships were actually superior?
Before speculation goes through the roof. :)

djKyoto
5th June 2009, 02:00 PM
Aww man. That new AG-S ship looks pretty ugly. :(

darkfaerytales
5th June 2009, 02:09 PM
but the new qirex looks awesome! why don't you give it a try?

absolutely not, to me look like as a kinda of a futuristic hearse, i don't understand the choices of some new models designs, sincerelly i'm happy only of few of them...

Aww man. That new AG-S ship looks pretty ugly. :(

uhm, basically is like an harimau " old " model with few minor differences, but the chassis is the same... the new ag-sys looks like the "old" harimau model and the new harimau model looks like the ag-sys pulse concept...

Avenger2197
5th June 2009, 05:26 PM
If the ships are improved ever so slightly in certain stats, then 1-2 stats should lose some of it's original level automatically.

Example: AG Fury has an increase in accel. and speed.(from what I could see) So it should lose some shield as a deciding factor in keeping the ships even for single races. As far as TT/SL goes, no ship should be any better than the old ships. Without question. If they are better, than Liverpool may as well pull the old ships from the game entirely.:?

I'm gonna wait on final judgement until the pack is out, of course, but it doesn't make it any less worrying to me.

Edit: Just thought about this, but would Fury ships have their own tables for records. It may get kind of confusing, but it would somewhat sort the "improved stat" issue. Thoughts gents?

RedScar
5th June 2009, 05:48 PM
I'm not a huge fan of that AG-S in the video, but I'll wait till I get the pack and see it on my own monitor before stepping away from my home ship. I'm all for AG-S getting some more speed and losing some sheild, give me a better chance against some of the quicker ships.

Sausehuhn
5th June 2009, 06:52 PM
All the new ships looks like made out of plates not being fused together but kept apart. Not very aerodynamic, and also (for most of them) not my type of thing; though I like all of the game's original ships pretty much.
In general the new models look more like battle machines rather than being "wipEout".

Spece2goin
5th June 2009, 07:01 PM
http://dailymotion.virgilio.it/video/x9hpgp_coverage-e3-09-in-game-wipeout-hd-f_videogames

Pausing allowed me to understand Zone battle rules!
the pads fill your bar, you choose to repair your ship or to use this bar to gain zones.

but what was not said, is that when you gain zones using the boost bar, you put a zone barrier on the track (like a bomb)

but i dont know what it does.

Seraphim1982
5th June 2009, 07:29 PM
Why would they send a complete wipeout noob to play the new expansion? That guy made it look terrible and yet awesome at the same time.

BARTgai
5th June 2009, 07:41 PM
Is it me or do the new tracks seem really narrow? :?

Seraphim1982
5th June 2009, 07:44 PM
I think it was the aspect, he was filming in widescreen but they had squashed the picture into a 4:3 ratio.

Darkdrium777
5th June 2009, 07:52 PM
but i dont know what it does.It explodes and umm... kills you? :?

:)

mic-dk
5th June 2009, 08:00 PM
Is it me or do the new tracks seem really narrow? :?

My thoughts exactly. I hope it's just the perspective playing mindtricks.

Spece2goin
5th June 2009, 08:03 PM
My thoughts exactly. I hope it's just the perspective playing mindtricks.

or it's just talon.

but if youlook well, you see it is the same widht : 2 speed pads.

Motorsagmannen
5th June 2009, 08:32 PM
well if it isnt narrow, and just an eyetrick due to perspective and screen ratio. it might just be that the journalist sucked at wipeout after all :P
EDIT: after looking at the ship selecting more thouroughly it looked like the balance between HD and HD fury is severed brutally, no downsides at all on the fury ship just positive additions to stats. i hope im wrong. :eek

Spece2goin
5th June 2009, 09:35 PM
well if it isnt narrow, and just an eyetrick due to perspective and screen ratio. it might just be that the journalist sucked at wipeout after all :P
EDIT: after looking at the ship selecting more thouroughly it looked like the balance between HD and HD fury is severed brutally, no downsides at all on the fury ship just positive additions to stats. i hope im wrong. :eek

yep, i only saw +10 and +5% to AG-sys stats.
but if it's in red (Fury color) it might be the case only for campaign.
Maybe online and racebox (especially TT/SL) they got the same stats. (lets hope for this)

anyway, we can see the grid of ship selection, and there are 3 skins for new ship models.

Seraphim1982
5th June 2009, 09:50 PM
On second viewing it does look thinner than usual, just had a quick zip round in pulse and it feels shorter too.

Darkdrium777
5th June 2009, 09:51 PM
Except campaign also counts for records, so no it doesn't solve the problem with boosted stats either.

H3avyM3tal
5th June 2009, 10:44 PM
I think the new looks the crafts have is in accordance with Fury DLC. That is they are more plated, like heavily armored. Suits well with direction this DLC goes - destruction.

graeble
5th June 2009, 10:54 PM
i second that.
it's like the ships went super shredder.

ProblemSolver
6th June 2009, 03:04 AM
@H3avyM3tal: Yeah true. I like it. I also like the new background color.
It's black! :) (not hurting the eyes any longer)

KIGO1987
6th June 2009, 03:18 AM
PLEASE, tell me the Vista pad issue will be attempted to be resolved before the Fury pack is released.

When HD came out last year in September, i had Zero Vista pads on my connection.... There shouldnt be a reason why they are there.....

kaori
6th June 2009, 01:46 PM
Hi guys...
you can fire a Quake backwards down the track...

Paul.

I haven't see that, I say yeah!

jan709
6th June 2009, 03:14 PM
PLEASE, tell me the Vista pad issue will be attempted to be resolved before the Fury pack is released.

When HD came out last year in September, i had Zero Vista pads on my connection.... There shouldnt be a reason why they are there.....

whats a vista pad?

yeldar2097
6th June 2009, 03:48 PM
Jan: See Here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6271)

KIGO1987
6th June 2009, 03:49 PM
This is why i created this thread today;)

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6271

darkfaerytales
6th June 2009, 05:26 PM
And yes, the'll be unlocked. There are three per ship and they look gorgeous - which is mostly because they got added geometry. The latter makes them look like... imagine comparing a convertible to one of the more recent SUVs. ;)
Ben

excuse me i've miss this detail, so you tell us that the new ships 3 skin don't changes just livery colours like the old ones but even geometry? or i've misundestand? so the new models aren't only 12 are 12 x3, explain this please

TheFrostE
6th June 2009, 05:41 PM
i hope they are super ships ...available for all modes and online. and they keep the old ships mixed in too, so i can see everybody throw a fit lmao.

relax guys, just wait for the pack. im sure everything is under control.

darkfaerytales
6th June 2009, 05:59 PM
NO

super upgraded ships NO, it was happen once already , and the result wasn't happy at all ( fusion anyone? )

just hope if that's true the other supposed models designs are smoother and less " raw layered & blocky " , more racing crafts less heavy duty machines

Spece2goin
6th June 2009, 06:41 PM
you two : darkfearytales and TheFrostE are thinking that the 2 upper ships that we see locked in the video may be better, with more Red bar stats? and different model too?

that's a possibility, so the first to unlock the last ships will be superior for a little moment, and i hope it's not the case

darkfaerytales
6th June 2009, 06:53 PM
no i did just saying if really exist any other ships locked better to be better looking than most of those i've seen already

TheFrostE
6th June 2009, 06:54 PM
i was just making a joke actually lol...since people are so afraid over this expansion right now :p

darkfaerytales
6th June 2009, 07:01 PM
have someone of you noticed what's actually there're under the new black selection screen menus?

those " flames " silhouette effect...

are indeed w3o models, take a right look, you can clearly see the w3o icaras model then the ag-sys then if i'm not wrong piranha last

pretty interesting, ain't?

Spece2goin
6th June 2009, 10:10 PM
you're right, that's a nice background but i saw the icaras and assegai from HD (or pulse)
here the link

to not travel trough the 2 previous pages.

darkfaerytales
6th June 2009, 10:48 PM
yes

at 3:42 you can see the icaras silhouette start in the background you can see it by the inverted wings and body shape, then at 3:46 you can see it morphing into the ag-sys if you pay attention, cause you can see the body get some bulky " the nose tip " and wings slightly changing, then at 3:50 after disappear some seconds the silhouette re-appear in what it seems the piranha, i can say looking at the " condor beak like " hull/nose, then just at 3:54 like for just a millisecond before disappear change again in what it seems a 2 hull shape very similar to assegai...probably all this couls be just my imagination, however try to look by yourselves!

Darkdrium777
6th June 2009, 11:22 PM
Use direct link (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9hpgp_coverage-e3-09-in-game-wipeout-hd-f_videogames)

And no, there are only two ships shown in the background where you mention it:
Icaras Fury
AG-Systems Fury

darkfaerytales
7th June 2009, 01:20 AM
thank you for having torn my dream of have the old w3o models back in full hd glorius style:(

just kidding:g

if that's icaras new model silhouette then it's cooler than i've considered, excluded that goddamn offroad rally racing headlight

Sch@dows
8th June 2009, 08:29 AM
here the link
http://dailymotion.virgilio.it/video/x9hpgp_coverage-e3-09-in-game-wipeout-hd-f_videogamesThx.
But the player is funny, trying to find excuses for its very poor play :
- I probably didn't choose the best ship (AG-SYS man !!! how could that be a wrong choice !!)
- I probably didn't choose the easiest track (talon's junction is the easiest track of that DLC !!!)

Moreover, the guy don't seem to understand that it is a expension pack.

PS : don't use internal view when playing that bad ... I'm sick !!!

Connavar
8th June 2009, 08:40 AM
Yeah too bad he was trying to find excuses, but he played in VENOM,
so yeah AG-Systems wasn't the best ship.

leungbok
8th June 2009, 08:51 AM
Lol, you're tough, mates ! Thanks to this guy for showing us some fury stuff ;)

Sch@dows
8th June 2009, 08:57 AM
a quick (bad quality though) video of modesto i found by googling :
http://www.viddler.com/explore/PSUniverse/videos/369/

Not so "flashy" like Talon's transparence effects, but it's to bad it's not even a whole lap u_u

eLhabib
8th June 2009, 09:02 AM
It really is beyond me how these people, people who definitely ARE into gaming, otherwise they wouldn't be at E3, all crash and burn on venom... :rolleyes:

KIGO1987
8th June 2009, 09:15 AM
Why the **** are the tracks becoming so narrow? Feels like your caining it through these tiny alleyways, where you have zero room to overtake.

Sch@dows
8th June 2009, 09:23 AM
Why the **** are the tracks becoming so narrow? Feels like your caining it through these tiny alleyways, where you have zero room to overtake.it's an optical effect ... maybe because lines are drawn 1-2 meter from the "real" sides of the track (the walls).
If you look closely, the ships is going voer those lines during the looping, and it doesn't seem so narrow.

Darkdrium777
8th June 2009, 09:27 AM
It really is beyond me how these people, people who definitely ARE into gaming, otherwise they wouldn't be at E3, all crash and burn on venom... :rolleyes:I know right? You'd think they at least heard of the controls. :?

KIGO1987
8th June 2009, 09:29 AM
Hmmm, true. But the ships look ****ing massive on the tracks, compared to there Pure and Pulse counter parts.

darkfaerytales
8th June 2009, 09:33 AM
a quick (bad quality though) video of modesto i found by googling :
http://www.viddler.com/explore/PSUniverse/videos/369/

Not so "flashy" like Talon's transparence effects, but it's to bad it's not even a whole lap u_u

already seen ;) however thank you

man this guy is even bad than the french guy in the other video:clap, i wonder if at E3 there was any serious WO fan, if i were there sure i'd have past ours & ours playing and taking shots & videos

i was trying to find out if SL have kept those cool graffiti on the end part of modesto tunnel and track surface

Connavar
8th June 2009, 09:39 AM
Damn, seeing these videos make me sad, they make the game look really bad,
super slow, uncontrollable and antifun, while in fact it's the exact opposite.

Sch@dows
8th June 2009, 09:45 AM
i was trying to find out if SL have kept those cool graffiti on the end part of modesto tunnel and track surfaceThe walls seems a little glossy now.

Darkdrium777
8th June 2009, 09:46 AM
i was trying to find out if SL have kept those cool graffiti on the end part of modesto tunnel and track surfaceThere is no more graffiti on the walls of the tunnel from what I've seen.

KIGO1987
8th June 2009, 09:58 AM
Yes it appears that track management got there act together and used a high pressure hose to spray the **** off the walls. Zero tolerance to Graffiti in the FX-350 League these days.

zerojay
8th June 2009, 12:15 PM
if i were there sure i'd have past ours & ours playing and taking shots & videos

No, you wouldn't. You're only given a set amount of time to play before it's on to the next person.

Too bad E3 means that every greasy-faced Gamestop employee shows up with his emo girlfriend, monopolizing the games and keeping those of us actually in the industry from doing some work. (And no, that is not a reference to darkfaerytales.)

leungbok
8th June 2009, 02:04 PM
Damn, seeing these videos make me sad, they make the game look really bad,
super slow, uncontrollable and antifun, while in fact it's the exact opposite.
Don't care, Conna, the very first video from Pihrapac on the fury pack will make the game looking far more awesome than all the other over mediated racers of the E3 ;)

darkfaerytales
8th June 2009, 03:10 PM
There is no more graffiti on the walls of the tunnel from what I've seen.

Yes it appears that track management got there act together and used a high pressure hose to spray the **** off the walls. Zero tolerance to Graffiti in the FX-350 League these days.

NOOO that was my favourite feature of all the track, if even not of all the tracks! it gives the track so damn character!!! so cool suburban futuristic graffiti :( noooo

COOOLIIINNNN!!!!

please give us a patch to add the graffiti to modesto...at least i hope the subway train stay there

mdhay
8th June 2009, 03:42 PM
have someone of you noticed what's actually there're under the new black selection screen menus?

those " flames " silhouette effect...

are indeed w3o models, take a right look, you can clearly see the w3o icaras model then the ag-sys then if i'm not wrong piranha last

There's also a white wipeout 3 AG - SYS on the Single Race logo.

Apologies if this is what you meant, I can't understand your writing that well.:|

Fallback
8th June 2009, 04:32 PM
Hey guys I played this at e3 and I will post the videos I took later today. The only issue with e3 was that most of the new content was not unlocked at the show. Only the first event from FURY was unlocked. As you know its not easy to play new tracks and unlock stuff at a show like e3 so coverage will be limited. I even tried to go in racebox and yes most of the new content was locked. That said.. what I did see was GREAT. The new modes, the new ship designs, the new HUD, the two new tracks I saw (talons junction etc.) were GREAT. Ill post more when I have the video link ready. Just know that they delivered and real fans like us will be satisfied. Supposedly the release is set for this summer.

BARTgai
8th June 2009, 04:44 PM
Can't wait for those videos. Sounds amazing! :)

Darkdrium777
8th June 2009, 04:46 PM
This is out of the blue, unexpected, but welcome to wipeoutzone and thank you a lot for your time :)
I hope you play a little better than the French guy (Which was ok...) or the other one on Modesto :blarg ;)

Fallback
8th June 2009, 05:03 PM
Honestly man I sucked. I was playing the game standing next to the games director using default controls and I had not played in weeks. Here (http://www.gamemanx.com/ps3/e3-2009-wipeout-hd-fury-impressions/2009/06/08/) are some extended impressions I wrote up. I left the video at my home office :? so when I get back I will post them up. I was very impressed at how much they crammed into this update. Not many updates are as robust as what they are planning. I asked about how they will price it because the update is HUGE. Should be interesting. I have lurked the forum for a while mostly getting tips so its actually cool to have something to contribute.

mic-dk
8th June 2009, 05:57 PM
Weee, Fallback! Feeding our craving for news a bit at a time. I can feel the suspense... :)

Sch@dows
8th June 2009, 07:27 PM
Thank you for your review Fallback. It was really good, espacially the way the content will be handle during online event (it is as I imagined though, with a message when trying to join but not before or by excluding races with a filter).

PS : waiting for videos too n_n

ProblemSolver
9th June 2009, 02:21 AM

But the player is funny, trying to find excuses for its very poor play :
- I probably didn't choose the best ship (AG-SYS man !!! how could that be a wrong choice !!)
- I probably didn't choose the easiest track (talon's junction is the easiest track of that DLC !!!)

http://static2.filefront.com/images/personal/p/ProblemSolver/165809/ptpkkzcqvm.jpg

Lol, you're tough, mates ! Thanks to this guy for showing us some fury stuff ;)
Yeah right. Luckily I don't understand any french (no offense), hence I
could consentrate on the stuff. xD

@Fallback: Welcome over here! Good article. :)

Spece2goin
9th June 2009, 12:54 PM
Hey guys I played this at e3 and I will post the videos I took later today. The only issue with e3 was that most of the new content was not unlocked at the show. Only the first event from FURY was unlocked. As you know its not easy to play new tracks and unlock stuff at a show like e3 so coverage will be limited. I even tried to go in racebox and yes most of the new content was locked. That said.. what I did see was GREAT. The new modes, the new ship designs, the new HUD, the two new tracks I saw (talons junction etc.) were GREAT. Ill post more when I have the video link ready. Just know that they delivered and real fans like us will be satisfied. Supposedly the release is set for this summer.

Vid, or it didn't happen! :rock

Reezy
13th June 2009, 01:06 AM
I don't understand why they'd include zone only tracks. So no time trial/speed lap available on these??

Darkdrium777
13th June 2009, 01:11 AM
They've got a new mode: Zone Battle, these four tracks are much better suited for it than any other track in the game, except Anulpha Pass and Moa Therma.
These four tracks were also Zone only in WipEout PurE.

ProblemSolver
13th June 2009, 02:49 AM
I don't understand why they'd include zone only tracks. So no time trial/speed lap available on these??
I don't really think that doing TT and / or SL on an abstract track,
no surroundings, no humans or whatsoever, fits into Wipeout's
(narrative) universe. What's the meaning of doing TT / SL on an
abstract track with respect to Wipeout's universe?

Btw; Welcome on board!

ProblemSolver
13th June 2009, 03:26 AM
...I left the video at my home office :? so when I get back I will post them up. ...
"Where is your home office?" :|

HISHO[JP]
13th June 2009, 08:37 AM
I wrote this before (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102857&postcount=233).

Online service will be done more than 1 year from release date.
We can end the service after 2009 10/29.

If it's released in Japan, will the support of online service be extended?
(more than 1 year from release date of FURY?)

Reezy
13th June 2009, 09:23 AM
I don't really think that doing TT and / or SL on an abstract track,
no surroundings, no humans or whatsoever, fits into Wipeout's
(narrative) universe. What's the meaning of doing TT / SL on an
abstract track with respect to Wipeout's universe?

Btw; Welcome on board!

Ah I see. I've never played the psp games. I guess they'd be pretty dull without all the pretty colours then :)