PDA

View Full Version : HD Fury Expansion Pack

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Paul Tweedle
1st June 2009, 02:02 PM
We've been dying to let you all in on this! It's official-

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/06/01/wipeout-hd-fury-expansion-pack-details/

and

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/06/01/wipeout-hd-fury-expansion-pack-details/

Paul.

KIGO1987
1st June 2009, 02:05 PM
f u c k y e a h !

Cyberio
1st June 2009, 02:10 PM
Finally! Wow, what an expansion.
Big!

Wotan
1st June 2009, 02:11 PM
Yahoooooooo !!! :D

This is a big expansion , fantastic ;)

IDReaper
1st June 2009, 02:13 PM
I love you guys! I... I need to regain my composure :hyper

Jambo
1st June 2009, 02:14 PM
Holys hit Balls!

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/01/fury-coming-to-wipeout-hd/

With video!

infoxicated
1st June 2009, 02:14 PM
Oooh - detonator mode looks good fun! :D

More tracks is a big selling point for me, too... lovely. :+

Rapier Racer
1st June 2009, 02:15 PM
Incredible expansion, not just one or 2 tracks and ships here and there either!!!

Eliminator here I come :cowboy

eLhabib
1st June 2009, 02:16 PM
PHUCK ME!
greatest. news. ever.
I love you Paul.

KIGO1987
1st June 2009, 02:18 PM
f u c k y e a h!!!!

eliminator mode is here

f u c k it im upgrading my net connection tomorrow.

leungbok
1st June 2009, 02:18 PM
just one word : AWESOME !!
Thanks a lot, Paul :beer

chaos80
1st June 2009, 02:19 PM
Holy cow this looks sweet!!!! :D

KIGO1987
I can Tech Da Ra from Pulse is one of the tracks, nice;)

Zoth-Ommog
It's even bigger than what i was hoping for, big hand to SL! :+

Paul Tweedle
1st June 2009, 02:21 PM
PHUCK ME!
greatest. news. ever.
I love you Paul.

Aww shucks.

But you all hate poor Zico so much...

KIGO1987
1st June 2009, 02:23 PM
Vertica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plus eliminator mode:g:hyper:g:hyper:g:hyper:g:hyper:g:hyper:g:hyp er:g:hyper:g:hyper

dobyblue
Paul I have no doubt you guys have been busting at the seams to share this info!

Thanks so much for sharing here, this is just friggin' brilliant news and sounds so exciting. HUGE!!!!

All I can say to sum it up is....ZOINKS!! :P

AnErare
Freakin sweet! Eleminator is back :> And online too, niiiiiiiiiiice.

Zone battle looks amazing as well, wicked! And Detonator, splendid approach to a different gameplay :D

8 tracks, that means 4 seperate returns right? I see Tech de Ra, The Amphiseum and Modesto Hights and it seems Vertica is the fourth! I missed it though ;P

eLhabib
1st June 2009, 02:24 PM
;)
nice one Paul

stinkleroy
OMG this is a massive expansion to the game!!! :hyper....and here was me hoping to get my social life back.

Awesome.... :D

Cyberio

That's not true at all.
He made me play around 30 hours more to WOHD :D.

JJPAP
1st June 2009, 02:27 PM
Bloody great!!! :) :P :D :lol

silverfoxy
Excellent news, it looks superb.

Not sure how happy Mrs Fox will be about it though but as Kigo says Phuck it !! Bring it on.

eLhabib
I do have one question though, Paul:

8 TRACKS, does that mean 4 tracks forward and reverse? Or 8 plus reverse? And could you list them?

Motorsagmannen
1st June 2009, 02:29 PM
OMO OMGOMGOMG!!!! best news... ever!!! thanks for sharing the love paul. and this dlc was everything i hoped for AND MORE :eek i cant wait to get this. and btw im really sorry that i ever doubted you guys, once ag ain you delivered. :D:+

AnErare
1st June 2009, 02:32 PM
Word is HD has 16 tracks so if they refer with consistent terms there are 4 new runs in both fwd and rev versions ;)

IDReaper
1st June 2009, 02:33 PM
OMO OMGOMGOMG!!!! best news... ever!!! thanks for sharing the love paul. and this dlc was everything i hoped for AND MORE :eek i cant wait to get this. and btw im really sorry that i ever doubted you guys, once ag ain you delivered. :D:+

Yes, I must say there was once a time when my spirit wandered. But never again. Please forgive me for my transgresions! This is like, the best expansion in the history of like, ever! It's like as big if not bigger than the Unreal expansions!

kaori
1st June 2009, 02:35 PM
I love that! Yeah AH!

Nunalho
1st June 2009, 02:38 PM
Brutal!!!

I just hope release date is right after E3!

XBARNSTERX
1st June 2009, 02:38 PM
Think i went wet meself , an not in the way you all think:eek i knew my fellow scouser friends would pull through , nice 1 lads:+

eLhabib
1st June 2009, 02:39 PM
Word is HD has 16 tracks so if they refer with consistent terms there are 4 new runs in both fwd and rev versions ;)

From what I was able to spot in the video, there are:
Modesto Heights
Amphiseum
Tech de Ra
Talons Junction

But then there is also something that looks like Vertica, and something that could be Citta Nuova...
I might be mistaken though.

Man, I just wish there was Staten Park and Blueridge... :(

JJPAP
1st June 2009, 02:39 PM
Looking through the vids and the banners, I see Modesto Heights, Amphesium, Tech de Ra, Manor Top (not too sure ´bout the last one, hidden a behind pillar). And Kigo mentioned Vertica.
:D

Jambo
1st June 2009, 02:40 PM
This is certainly the greatest expansion ever!

AnErare
1st June 2009, 02:42 PM
Tech de Ra looks amazing, as well as Modesto. But the Amphiseum is just a spill of splendor, awesome.

But when will it come!? :)

Jambo
1st June 2009, 02:43 PM
I have to say this looks like a sequel nearly rather than an addon thats how cool this is!

leungbok
1st June 2009, 02:44 PM
did someone already knows if it's 4 tracks with 4 reverses (already awesome) or 8 new tracks and their reverses ? :hyper

BlochNWhitey
1st June 2009, 02:45 PM
Wow, this looks fantastic! The new ship designs and everything looks great, the animation i saw in the background off course will be nice added atmosphere, and zone battle mode just looks awesome! :D

blackwiggle
1st June 2009, 02:45 PM
8 New toy's for Leungbok and Piraphic to play with...I'm going to enjoy watching these BR masters finding them all out.

Let the contest begin!

Meanwhile the rest of we mere mortals can just learn and race the new tracks as best we can.

It DID say NEW.

AnErare
1st June 2009, 02:46 PM
No, they have not commented on that yet. Paul Tweedle was lurking the thread but isn't anymore..

Eloï
1st June 2009, 02:47 PM
I love E3.

I love SL.

I love summer.

PLazarou
1st June 2009, 02:48 PM
Yes. Yes. YES YES YES YES.

I love it. Eliminator returns! And Zone Battle! :eek

Jambo
1st June 2009, 02:49 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblogeurope/3550834209/in/set-72157618580209476/

Direct linke to the images posted on flickr.

Paul Tweedle
1st June 2009, 02:50 PM
I do have one question though, Paul:

8 TRACKS, does that mean 4 tracks forward and reverse? Or 8 plus reverse? And could you list them?

Hi,

To confirm the tracks in the pack; you will be able to play are;

Modesto Heights forward,
Modesto Heights reverse,
Tech De Ra forwards,
Tech De Ra reverse,
The Amphiseum forward,
The Amphiseum reverse,
Talon's Juction forward,
Talon's Junction reverse.

Plus the below Zone (also playable in Zone Battle and Detonator) tracks playable forwards only;

Mallavol,
Syncopia,
Corridon 12,
Pro Tozo.

Tony also forgot to mention that there will be a new single player Fury Campaign too, which includes events using the three new modes.

Paul.

AnErare
1st June 2009, 02:51 PM
Oh my, all 4 FX300 zone tracks! Wicked awesome :cowboy

Feisar Ltd.
1st June 2009, 02:52 PM
Oh god, that is so cool :) Im going to have to platinum now.... IHATEARCADEPERFECT!

trk_rkd
1st June 2009, 02:52 PM
Awesome!!! Haven't been playing so much since i got transcendence but new tracks would definitely get me back in... new modes are just a bonus. and check some of the new ship models:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/3576746528/sizes/o/

they BOTH look ridiculously awesome. can't wait to see if they topped the assegai model.

like a bunch of other people i'm EXTREMELY curious to know if it'll be four + four reverse or eight actual tracks. four + four reverse would still be excellent, but eight would be... EXCELLENT!

Thanks a lot sl, this is still my fave ps3 game!

XBARNSTERX
1st June 2009, 02:54 PM
Question - price?

leungbok
1st June 2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the info paul, i will have a go on my pulse/pure psp, those days, lol.

djKyoto
1st June 2009, 03:01 PM
This Update is much bigger than I had been expecting.

Awesome job SL. Really looking forward to it.

leungbok
1st June 2009, 03:03 PM
8 New toy's for Leungbok and Piraphic to play with...I'm going to enjoy watching these BR masters finding them all out.

Let the contest begin!

Meanwhile the rest of we mere mortals can just learn and race the new tracks as best we can.

It DID say NEW.

Count on us mate ;)

But ARGHHH, these 2 words "this summer" are a torture (from june to september each day will seems very long) ! lol

kanar
1st June 2009, 03:08 PM
How am I supposed to get back to a normal social life... BIG THX SL.

Hellfire_WZ
1st June 2009, 03:14 PM
I'm liking what I'm seeing here!

Thanks a bunch guys! :D

chboing
1st June 2009, 03:21 PM
:D happy !!

mic-dk
1st June 2009, 03:23 PM
13 new ships?!? I guess some of them will be specials for the new events?

I was gearing down WOHD for summertime, with, like, actually going outside, but that's definitely off now :)

And those new tracks look like... :eek Wow!

KIGO1987
Detonator mode is Cambodia

by looking at that video

leungbok
Aww shucks.

In fact it's a mix of love/hate :D
and we'd love/hate trying to beat him again on another track ;)

blackwiggle
1st June 2009, 03:26 PM
I don't want to rain on the parade,BUT.

This almost looks like "A scanner darkly" version of HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXpGaOqb2Z8

If it makes the game play better and without the problems we have been suffering with online in the last few months.
Then a HUGE UP'S to SL.

If the online problems are still there.......

AG-wolf
1st June 2009, 03:26 PM
Question - price?Doesn't matter :P

This is pretty cool, can't wait to see all the new ship models... I'm curious about my Qirex ;) I'd love to see throwbacks to the old ship designs too... Damn, now we just have to wait D:

EDIT:
Also, What is the music in the preview video?

IDReaper
1st June 2009, 03:32 PM
The music is Machine Gun by Noisia, here is link yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejOm1V0Qpvk

KIGO1987
1st June 2009, 03:34 PM
Just about to say is there new music in the DL as well? like the one in that video.

mdhay
1st June 2009, 03:37 PM
Oh, sweet. I'm so phoning Sony Support to get HD back now...

I think I'm in love with HD now...;)

AG-wolf
Would have been cool if Tim Wirght's CoLD SToRAGE HD album were included lol :P I already bought it anyway, but still.

DeepMix
i wonder how are they gonna repair the online mode for the people who cant connect (that includes me) cause im pretty excited about the new addon but im not buying it until i can play online :(

BARTgai
1st June 2009, 03:38 PM
Yeah I don't care about the price. I'll pay whatever they want! :)

The new tracks just look awesome, and the addition of Eliminator and the other modes should provide countless years of WipEout fun! The new ships also look pretty tight. The FEISAR in the video looks so sexy, I hope we can use the new ships in all the regular modes too.

P.S. Studio Liverpool, I love you!

Darkdrium777
1st June 2009, 03:39 PM
No idea why I suddenly feel fresh and happy.
Either it's because of the shower I just took, or... Hmm...

Thanks Paul :)

Colin Berry
1st June 2009, 03:40 PM
trailer looks even nicer than I remembered

ace

AUTO-PILOT
1st June 2009, 03:44 PM
This is so great!!!
Thank's all of you guys at S.L.!

Jambo
1st June 2009, 03:46 PM
That was a great tune as well!

Darkdrium777
1st June 2009, 03:47 PM
"WipEout HD (44 Viewing)"
LOL :D

KIGO1987
1st June 2009, 03:50 PM
The trailer tune:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejOm1V0Qpvk

Love the Archman Croatian squirrel in that video clip, lol:g

PLazarou
1st June 2009, 03:51 PM
I don't want to rain on the parade,BUT.

This almost looks like "A scanner darkly" version of HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXpGaOqb2Z8

If it makes the game play better and without the problems we have been suffering with online in the last few months.
Then a HUGE UP'S to SL.

If the online problems are still there.......
What on earth are you on about? This is a content update, not a patch. In any case, the most recent patch appears to have fixed the minor issues that cropped up after the major 1.3 update. This DLC adds new game modes and extra tracks. The game (in its normal modes) will play exactly the same.

RobCoxy
1st June 2009, 03:55 PM
Thankyou Guys! :D.

This Pack looks F**king EPIC! Amazing :D. Couldn't of asked for anything more :D!!!

BTW, the "re-styled front ends". Is this just for the new ships coming with the DLC or every ship on the game now?

EDIT: Only meant for this 1 post to be posted. Sorry :S.

Paul Tweedle
1st June 2009, 03:57 PM
Ah, a terminology problem perhaps. By front end we mean the menus. Sometimes they're called front end (or FE), GUI, menu system, etc.

Darkdrium777
1st June 2009, 03:58 PM
Video is downloadable in HD guys. Just thought you'd like to know :)

Jack
1st June 2009, 03:59 PM
My...I mean OUR prayers have been answered!

IH8YOU
1st June 2009, 04:00 PM
So much for that sexy suntan I was going to get this summer...

mdhay
1st June 2009, 04:00 PM
@RobCoxy: Triple post? Should've used the edit button, mate.:D

Constrictor
1st June 2009, 04:02 PM
:rock What a hell of an announcement - I like that and btw, w/ 25 deg celsius outside I'd say: It is summer - NOW :D

Darkdrium777
1st June 2009, 04:04 PM
Video in HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlAf6m3Ih2Q&fmt=22) finished uploading, processing. Shouldn't be too long, it's only 60MB. ;)

JABBERJAW
1st June 2009, 04:07 PM
Is it possible for someone to copy/paste the update details. I cannot go to those sites where i am at

zeeZ
1st June 2009, 04:09 PM
Divine Excrement, this is awesome, I just made a mess in my pants.

Intercourse yeah!

XBARNSTERX
1st June 2009, 04:10 PM
@AG Wolf , the price doesn't matter, your right was just interested. cant wait to fly these new tracks and ships, the zone modes however seem bizarre but i'm sure thats just because i'm in awe of the new content. There seems no mention of new weapons which thankful for dont think i could handle all that explosiveness

Darkdrium777
1st June 2009, 04:10 PM
Is it possible for someone to copy/paste the update details. I cannot go to those sites where i am atCheck my link on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlAf6m3Ih2Q&fmt=22), I copied/pasted the blog post and Paul's post here on the Zone in the description. :)
Wait, if you have content filter, here it is:

Hi everyone! This is Daimion Pinnock, Producer for WipEout HD, back to introduce Game Director Tony Buckley. Hes here to tell you about a brand new expansion pack for WipEout HD, as well as its first showing this week at E3!

Hello everybody,

Im Tony Buckley, Game Director for WipEout HD and Im pleased to announce that the team here at Studio Liverpool have been busy working on a new expansion pack for your favourite anti-gravity racer.

And whats more, it is set to be given its first public showing at this weeks E3 expo, so if youre lucky enough to be attending, make sure you stop by and try it out!

The WipEout HD Fury expansion pack will increase the content of your current game with 8 new tracks, 13 new ship models and 3 new game modes, 2 of which will be available for online play! In addition there will be new trophies to attain, a re-styled front-end and a selection of new & improved multiplayer functionality!

The Eliminator game mode will allow you to release all that pent-up aggression as you use the full arsenal of Wipeout weaponry to destroy your opponents. Forget those racing lines; this is all about destruction, with the victor being the first to reach the target score!

Zone Battle is about risk and reward! Acceleration is automatic as you swoop over zone pads to fill your zone bar. Your choice is whether to use the bar to increase your speed and boost your ship ever closer to the target zone or absorb it to replenish vital lost energy. Warning, avoid the zone barriers, obstacles left on the track by your opponents as they boost towards the target zone, hitting these can literally destroy your hopes of victory!

Our Detonator mode introduces a brand new ship model to the game that will test both your piloting skills and your shooting accuracy as you accelerate through as many as 14 stages. Score points by destroying the mines that have been strewn along the track and take out the bomb on each stage to earn additional points. The more accurate you are the more points and bonuses you will score!

Just like the original WipEout HD, all the new content will be released in glorious 1080p resolution and will run at a smooth 60fps.

Take a sneak peek at the track and ship visuals in our WipEout HD Fury trailer and selection of screenshots.

Remember, Wipeout HD is available exclusively from PlayStation Store so check it out in readiness for the release of the Fury expansion pack coming this summer!

PLazarou
1st June 2009, 04:20 PM
I'm amazed they're claiming 60fps for all new modes. Eliminator could turn into an unplayable slideshow in Pulse. It's hugely impressive if they've optimised to that extent.

yeldar2097
1st June 2009, 04:34 PM
Holy jesus ****ing corpus christi hairy bollocks i think i just shat myself! :hyper

I'd like to say HOLY ****ING ARSEBANDITS but that would be traiterous :P

I'll be back on the forums in a couple of weeks, i'm slipping into a coma

SL I LOVE YOU :hyper:hyper:hyper

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

eLhabib
1st June 2009, 04:34 PM
Well, thanks for the additional info, Paul!
Actually, that's pretty much what I predicted, 4 tracks, plus their reverse version.
What I didn't see coming was the new game modes - ace idea!
the concept ship models look absolutely frickin fantastic as well! The only thing that slightly bothers me, if there are 13 new models, that certainly means 12 concept models for the existing teams, plus one special ship for the fancy new game mode. Which leaves one question:
Where in the world are Tigron and VanÜber? (not that I'm complaining, but I was definitely expecting to see them again...)

@zeeZ: Divine Excrement - I am laughing my guts out! Brilliant! Would give you some more rep if the system let me...

EDIT: The new Goteki model is so unbelieveably sweet, I might just have to switch teams. Have been dreaming about Goteki sometimes anyway, especially when I fail to accelerate my heavy Aursome at the start of the race ;)

Darkdrium777
1st June 2009, 04:43 PM
@zeeZ: Divine Excrement - I am laughing my guts out! Brilliant! Would give you some more rep if the system let me...On your behalf I did it.

Also, Goteki has always been sweet, don't know what you're on friend... :?

IDReaper
1st June 2009, 04:47 PM
Also, Goteki has always been sweet, don't know what you're on friend... :?

QFT Goteki 45 is my good buddy buddy my friend friend. I and said the new Goteki 45 Looks good very much GOOD GOOD.

FrenkyV
1st June 2009, 04:49 PM
Nice, can't wait :D

blackwiggle
1st June 2009, 04:53 PM
What on earth are you on about? This is a content update, not a patch. In any case, the most recent patch appears to have fixed the minor issues that cropped up after the major 1.3 update. This DLC adds new game modes and extra tracks. The game (in its normal modes) will play exactly the same.

Have a GOOD LOOK at the new content.

Either I'm going blind or the "LOOK" of HD has been changed.

It's almost looks like it's a cross between a partially rendered version of the extra tracks from W03 and HD.

The contrast has changed to emphasize the outlines of both the tracks and the craft,and those outlines have been filled in a different animated effect.
[Similar to the movie "A scanned Darkly" ]

I'm not saying it's worse nor better,it's just different than what we have had previously.

eLhabib
1st June 2009, 04:55 PM
Erm, no? Not in normal races at least... from what I can see, the new look you're referring to is only present in Zone Battle and Detonator mode.

yeldar2097
zone battle: ProblemSolver, welcome to your online playground :P

RJ O'Connell
I wanted Vertica over Modesto Heights, but I can't complain too much, and Eliminator Online is going to be so much fun. So, so, so, so x29 MUCH FUN.

This is really awesome! Thank you Studio Liverpool! :g

KIGO1987
1st June 2009, 04:59 PM
Dito i agree RJ. Vertica would of definitely be my choice for sure;) Pulse track rulz! Vertica is the best for Eliminator mode.

Now where can i download the trailer of this to mpeg4 or something???????

aerobie
1st June 2009, 05:00 PM
AWESOME. Totally awesome. I felt a rush of adrenaline when I saw the announcement. Entirely, completely, awesome...

WipEout HD Fury is TONS better than the 'Ultimate Racing' title suggested by buttonmashernz.

AWESOME a million times over! Thank you Studio Liverpool! I never tire of repeating the fact that I bought the PS3 specifically for WipEout!!!

Avenger2197
1st June 2009, 05:01 PM
Holy Crap! That is absolutely incredible! I hope it doesn't release before I get my PS3 back from Sony. That would suck.:(

Zone Battle looks like a whole lot of fun! And, for the record, Detonator reminds me of the scene in "Hackers" somewhat. Was that intentional? lol:D

LOUDandPROUD
1st June 2009, 05:01 PM
Ahhhhh!!! I can't wait!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

In the trailer video, did anyone notice what looked like someone using the leech beam at one point, only it appeared to have a slingshot effect (yanked the leeched ship back really hard and flung the leecher by fast)? Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me or it was just the camera angle? When I saw it I was like, "OMG! A new weapon?!" Hmmm...

AnErare
1st June 2009, 05:02 PM
With the added Eliminator, Zone Battle and Detonator modes we may need a new recurring event:

Cambodia! ;D

A spin-off of Kanar's Avalon events.

RJ O'Connell
1st June 2009, 05:02 PM
Sadly, Vertica isn't in this pack as I'd hoped. Looks like we'll have to, ahem, "settle" for Moa Therma, Sol 2, and Anulpha Pass. ;) :g

But yeah, now my summer has a purpose!

FatScarf
1st June 2009, 05:13 PM
awesome, a 180 spin move for the battle mode? looks ace! WOOP

Amorbis
1st June 2009, 05:14 PM
Argh! I can't wait until this one, you would have to be so vague about the release date ;). Eliminator mode is going to be awesome, I'm guessing one of the new trophies will be eliminate 100 ships in one session or something insane. Detonator and Zone Battle should be good too. Are all of these modes split screen compatible? That should be good fun.

Can't wait :blarg :eek.

Darkdrium777
1st June 2009, 05:23 PM
Now where can i download the trailer of this to mpeg4 or something???????Don't know if viddler allows direct linking. LINK (http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/379.mp4)

NightArh
1st June 2009, 05:23 PM
What I said about e3 :P

KGB
1st June 2009, 05:25 PM
Have a GOOD LOOK at the new content.

Either I'm going blind or the "LOOK" of HD has been changed.

It's almost looks like it's a cross between a partially rendered version of the extra tracks from W03 and HD.

The contrast has changed to emphasize the outlines of both the tracks and the craft,and those outlines have been filled in a different animated effect.
[Similar to the movie "A scanned Darkly" ]

I'm not saying it's worse nor better,it's just different than what we have had previously.

I totally agree, It looks like a bit of 'cell shading' going on in parts to me. Still looks great though, let the wait begin. :D

OBH
1st June 2009, 05:30 PM
Great stuff guys :) gotta say that "layered" pirahna model is fantastic. Adding a bit of black to my beloved mirage makes it look far more menacing now! i love it.

and the tune is straight onto my playlist. bangin' tune :hyper time for a little rave in my living room!!

KIGO1987
1st June 2009, 05:42 PM
Don't know if viddler allows direct linking. LINK (http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/379.mp4)

Thanks for the Link DD:D, time2 now;)

Love that Triakis concept skin, be sure to see me in Eliminator mode with that ship guys;) Lovin it:D

OBH
1st June 2009, 05:43 PM
anyone going to e3? need to find someone on the inside! :)

edit:
never seen 10 people viewing one thread before :g

OBH
1st June 2009, 05:50 PM
sorry for the double post, but in this screenie, are the 2 ships heading for a head on collision? :g or is one ship design backwards!?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblogeurope/3550834229/in/set-72157618580209476/

Hellfire_WZ
1st June 2009, 05:53 PM
That's a head-on collision, something you'll be seeing a lot of when this pack is out ;)

SaturnReturn
1st June 2009, 05:54 PM
TRUMPETS

Sorry - felt left out. This could potentially be quite good for the game ;)

Xavier
1st June 2009, 05:57 PM
Well, that settles it -- with the PS3 Slim coming out, and this game becoming even more excellent... looks like I'll finally be taking the plunge and getting a PS3!

RJ O'Connell
1st June 2009, 05:58 PM
That is until the deluge of

"I CAN'T BARREL ROLL"
"WTF MINES ARE BROKEN"
"MY FEISAR TURNS LIKE A BARGE"
"TOO MANY TALENTLESS SCRUBS LIKE BLINKY77 CAN WIN NOW, IT'S A TOTAL LUCK GAME"

etc. ;)

Nah, I hope that isn't the case. Man why does summer have to be so far off?

OBH
1st June 2009, 06:01 PM
im living the summer now! :g great sun, grat announcement, my birthday in 4 days. Its gonna be a great summer!

Mad-Ice
1st June 2009, 06:26 PM
Whaahahaaa, lol! While reading all the post I got session timed out. Started reading while there were only 5 pages. Just now I am able to reply on page 12 or maybe even 13 while I am making my post.

I was about to multiquote everyone from this thread to make sure everyone know how excited I am about this upcoming DLC.

I am so happy and I wanna cry.....

Thanks everyone from Studio Liverpool, this is amazing, all the tracks, ships and gamemodes. Yihaa!!!

TheFrostE
1st June 2009, 06:27 PM
wow...super excited about this....i wonder when!!!!! as saturn said...this could be very great for the game...nice job studio liverpool!

andybob35
1st June 2009, 06:45 PM
(climbs back from his seat after looking at the video)

Whoa!!! wasnt expecting this, i knewn E3 would shine some info but yea FURY!!!!! gonna loving this! :D:D:D Having only just bought a psp with pure and pulse, i gotta a lotta catching up to do...

Nice vid, all NEW to me so very much looking for to some fresh content... Thanks to all at Studio Liverpool for making it possible!!!

@kigo... funny how eliminator has arrived as you mentioned it... i trust i wont get an easy time from you... OLOuk time for you to get me back :eek

Golgofier
1st June 2009, 06:46 PM
YesyesYES, freaking YEEEES!!

It's "hats-off-time" to SL for really wowing us all with this fantastic announcement! Bet you've almost been bursting at the seems from holding off telling everyone here :P

Thanks so much guys :) :+

Motorsagmannen
1st June 2009, 06:51 PM
im sensing eliminator team battles could become great fun, like i.e the doubles ladder.

Alejess
1st June 2009, 06:53 PM
Brilliant news! New tracks, new ships, new game modes: the size of this expansion appears to be well beyond what many of us may have predicted. The guys at SL really have been busy beavering away :clap

OBH
1st June 2009, 06:53 PM
way ahead of you matre! Im already plotting to blow up djKyoto in a doubles match ;)

kigos already made a eliminator group

jan709
1st June 2009, 06:56 PM
cough cough let me clear my throat for this: YES YES YES. this is bigger for me then metroid prime 3, if you know me that is incomprehensivly big

HISHO[JP]
1st June 2009, 06:56 PM
Then, of course, is this expantion released in Japan?:?

KIGO1987
1st June 2009, 07:00 PM
@kigo... funny how eliminator has arrived as you mentioned it... i trust i wont get an easy time from you... OLOuk time for you to get me back :eek

I private message Colin and Paul a while back, beging for the induction of Eliminator mode into the game, even as an offline feature like in Pulse.

Now that im back in the vibe i still have to deal with these f u c k ing Vista pads still, im going to try to upgrade my net connection tomorrow. guess 1.5mbps is better than shtty 256kbps hey. I really really do not want to experience any Vista pads.

Looking forward to racing these tracks in the near future.

Connavar
1st June 2009, 07:08 PM
Wow it's exactly what I had wished (and written here too)!!

- the online Zone mode I and ProblemSolver have been dreaming of
- eliminator
- 8 new tracks

(just need all glitches/bugs fixed and this is the P.E.R.F.E.C.T expansion!)

I still think they should package it all into 1 boxed game, might sell some more
copies ...

stin
1st June 2009, 07:11 PM
Since I`m back from long weekend and seen this!:eek I`m pretty surprised by this DLC!

Thank you for the workers from SL and also Wipeout Creators too!

I will get it but I will struggle to play HD atm!:paperbag because my golf commitment and my big one coming up in October which I do need to practise really hard for this.

stevie:)

zeeZ
1st June 2009, 07:18 PM
I can't wait for you to unleash the femaleparent intercoursing fury already :D

Have a shiny new PSP, Pulse (thanks to the awesomevention 09) and a PS3 that needs some undusting again, time to practice

andybob35
1st June 2009, 07:22 PM
@Kigo.... you'll have the upper hand until ive got my head around the new tracks and modes... and then ill bring the 'ashes' home lol

one more look at that trailer.... :P

JJohnEames
1st June 2009, 07:34 PM
I just seen this. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

KIGO1987
1st June 2009, 07:44 PM
@Kigo.... you'll have the upper hand until ive got my head around the new tracks and modes... and then ill bring the 'ashes' home lol

one more look at that trailer.... :P

Yes im going to push your ship off the edge on Tech Da Ra;):lol

Im just thinking about all the SL and TT junkies, i recon of the french are going to get more than 20 brs per lap on Tech Da Ra. i think its possible with that undulating straight bit of the track.

gettinmoney662
1st June 2009, 07:50 PM
Hey Paul, will the kills in these new modes count towards the AG Assassin trophy?

I'm so stoked for this update.

SaturnReturn
1st June 2009, 07:57 PM
Hmm, time for some of that logic that some females often use to justify buying that 200th pair of shoes that they in no way need....

Time spent playing WipEout HD > 400 hours

Average time spent playing any other game before boredom sets in < 6 hours

Average cost of boring games of bla-ness=£18 (2.s.f.)

Price per hour of entertainment from boring games=£3

Cost of playing 400 hours worth of boring games=400x£3=£1200

Therefore, WipEout HD has clearly saved me at least £1200. As such, in order to enjoy WOHD DLC to its fullest, the purchase of a massive shiny new 1080p TV is perfectly justified in every way. I knew I'd find a good reason for an upgrade eventually.:rock

Spece2goin
1st June 2009, 07:58 PM
i say yeah!!!

Sorry Motorsagmannen, seems you have the double job to do!
anyway the new ships look more like F1 compared with the others (if others are GTs)

RJ O'Connell
1st June 2009, 07:59 PM
^ Ya mean, "A say yeah?" ;)

I still need to make the jump to HD here. Even if the screen can fit in my pocket.\

BTW, is there a story behind the Fury expansion?

GreenPhazon
1st June 2009, 08:10 PM
I really want something that correctly conveys my joy at the prospect of this, alas, words do not do it justice.

EDIT: Better than F-Zero GX. Believe it.

Darkdrium777
1st June 2009, 08:13 PM
BTW, is there a story behind the Fury expansion?Yeah, this guy:
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/1/1a/Rageoriginal.jpg

;)

:mad:

RJ O'Connell
1st June 2009, 08:25 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1f/YOU%27RE_WINNER_trophy.jpg

Spece2goin
1st June 2009, 08:28 PM
What is the music on the teaser?

WOHD had always featured on its teasers/trailers musics that are available ingame.
does that means we will have a new playlist then, with such awesome sound?

RJ O'Connell
1st June 2009, 08:32 PM
Noisia - "Machine Gun"

It will be added to the soundtrack, along with other music tracks.

Darkdrium777
1st June 2009, 08:32 PM
What is the music on the teaser?Machinegun by Noisia, yes there could be new music added. ;)

GreenPhazon
1st June 2009, 08:33 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1f/YOU%27RE_WINNER_trophy.jpg

Is that Blast Corps?

RJ O'Connell
1st June 2009, 08:36 PM
It's Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing.

You can check the awesome footage of it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB1zWEhgrLs)!

/offtopic

lunar
1st June 2009, 08:45 PM
that trailer :eek Modesto, that Detonator mode looks crazy, zone racing, it`s all too lush..... :banzai I feel a bit sorry for eL that tame Talons Junction got in but not Blue Ridge. We only need Blue Ridge and we can have an Alpha Tour!! So pleased about Modesto though. A legendary track :rock

Darkdrium777
1st June 2009, 08:52 PM
You can check the awesomeMoar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f3HDsgLV68), with sound and AI (A rare commodity, usually both are bugged!)

andy
1st June 2009, 09:05 PM
I think my brother is getting a ps3 for his birthday so I seriously cannot wait for this xD, this looks phenomenal, the tracks look so good and the new ship models look badass. The only problem is I'll have to wait till November D: which now feels like ages away. But wow, studio liverpool, wow.

: D

IDReaper
1st June 2009, 09:18 PM
What is the music on the teaser?

WOHD had always featured on its teasers/trailers musics that are available ingame.
does that means we will have a new playlist then, with such awesome sound?

The music in the trailer is

Noisia- Machine Gun

I hope we get a new playlist with this track included, that would be incredible.

EDIT: LOL Im so late...

Sausehuhn
1st June 2009, 09:30 PM
As I have and will not have any money for a PS3 now or in future I will state the release of

Citta Nuova

as the day I'm buying a PS3. As this will never happen, I solved the money problem. Surely that was a nice must-have track (besides the billboard).

After all: The pack looks nice, though I'm not too sure if I like the look of some ship designs and the ever-continueing journey to more neon and lights effects.
Anyway: There's always someone you can't satisfy 100% ;)

So: Hats off, Studio Liverpool. Looks like a hell lot of content and even more fun! :)

mdhay
1st June 2009, 09:46 PM
im sensing eliminator team battles could become great fun, like i.e the doubles ladder.

I am so there. I can hardly contain myself....

Guess what?

I GOT IT!!! Yay!

0L4F
1st June 2009, 09:48 PM
Amazing expansion, WOW!

Thank you, Studio Liverpool, for your dedication in making sure that WipEout remains the best game on the planet, even after all these years.

Wow!

DawnFireDragoon
1st June 2009, 09:53 PM
wow

just wow, that is a lot of new content. very cool.

track wise, nice to see modesto heights, but not too bothered by the other three...was hoping for some of the true classics. which is a shame, but each to their own.

detonator looks like geometry wars for speed freaks!!!
there's some really nice new idea's that look like they will work in the wipeout universe.

there's something here for everyone. : )

Seraphim1982
1st June 2009, 09:58 PM
Just wow, I thought the days were long because of the heat but waiting for this is going to be unsufferable.

Sorry to be pessimistic but I want to know cost and an exact date for launch.

gettinmoney662
1st June 2009, 10:01 PM
Just wow, I thought the days were long because of the heat but waiting for this is going to be unsufferable.

Sorry to be pessimistic but I want to know cost and an exact date for launch.

Paul said in the blog that they haven't set the date or price yet.

Spece2goin
1st June 2009, 10:03 PM
ProblemSolver will play and own us online now!

indeed it was said, but i didn't see any reply from him!

Connavar
1st June 2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah!! I've always wanted to see ProblemSolver online :)

RedScar
1st June 2009, 10:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4
This video best describes the first emotion I felt. The new ship models look sick and the new game modes are gonna make a solid online game even more delicious.
SL Delivers, all be it a bit slower then we all had hoped. That video posted on the first page give me hope maybe of some additional music in the pack as well.

Now I have to read through 16 pages to see if there is a date and price behind this info fantastic announcement. Also if the 8 new tracks are actually 8 new tracks and not 4 with reverse also being counted.

Edit: Well 4 new tracks, new music, gonna rock.
Can't Wait, time to add to my best PS3 purchase

SuperNova
1st June 2009, 10:29 PM
SWEET, our Prayers have been answered!

djKyoto
2nd June 2009, 12:37 AM
way ahead of you matre! Im already plotting to blow up djKyoto in a doubles match ;)

kigos already made a eliminator group

Ahha ahha ha. Bring it on. :pirate

Mu5
2nd June 2009, 12:48 AM
Wow - those ship designs are simply awesome :D

Cannot wait for this - thank your very much SL!

Modesto Heights? - Fantastic! :cowboy

Just joined the Eliminator Social Group - Cheers for the invite! :beer :+

KIGO1987
2nd June 2009, 12:48 AM
F u c k ing oath too;)

blackwiggle
2nd June 2009, 01:03 AM
I'm looking forward to the new FURY campaign which has a mix of all 3 new modes

rdmx
2nd June 2009, 02:11 AM
One thing I did notice in the eliminator mode is that the score no longer goes by how many kills you do, but instead how much damage you deal. This will hopefully cut down on the kill stealing necessary in Pulse.

Mateo
2nd June 2009, 02:42 AM
OH MY GOOOOOOD

I've watched this Trailer about 30 times today and I just can't get enough of it...

blackwiggle
2nd June 2009, 02:57 AM
So summer start June 21st in the Northern Hemisphere.

Playstation stores gets updated on Thursdays.
Although on the odd occasion things have been put up ,out of sync so to speak,so it is possible we might get it sooner,but I think they want to see what buzz it creates.

So by deduction possible release dates are June 25th [it would be 9 months to the day of HD's release :eek ],July 2nd & 9th.
Hopefully they won't make us wait any longer.

BARTgai
2nd June 2009, 03:03 AM
I've watched this Trailer about 30 times today and I just can't get enough of it...

Haha I know what you mean :) I've watched it countless times, and paused it at every possible millisecond just to try and see more details. ( damn ships are going by too fast :g )

I can't wait! :hyper

Avenger2197
2nd June 2009, 03:32 AM
Now I kinda have a quick question. Will the ship skins of Zone Battle be able to be used in other modes as well, or, like Zone, be only available in Zone Battle?

Would be interesting to see clear paneled ships in regular races.:D Would there be plans on making them available later on if not?

Just a thought.:)

Wip3ou7
2nd June 2009, 04:03 AM
Sorry if this has been covered but I dont want to dig through 16 pages of posts to find out.... Does this new expansion include a new soundtrack or at least any additional songs?

Avenger2197
2nd June 2009, 04:06 AM
Yes, I believe it does. Paul was saying somewhere that licencing was being done, and other artists were being added. ;)

djKyoto
2nd June 2009, 04:08 AM
Zone battle mode looks amazing...

Wip3ou7
2nd June 2009, 04:14 AM
Also, when they say "8 new tracks", does that mean 4 forward and 4 reverse or does that mean 8 whole environments, so 8 fwd and 8 rvs?

TheFrostE
2nd June 2009, 04:16 AM
colin berry already said in this thread home dawg.
its 4 forward 4 reverse....and the tracks are remakes

nexusc
2nd June 2009, 04:59 AM
hell yeah! looking forward to trying out these new modes, see you on the track.. :+

Sch@dows
2nd June 2009, 07:59 AM
I played to (Wipeout) Pure again a few days ago, and Modesto Height was definity not the most appealing tracks of the game. But, at least it is a new track n_n (with a sharp turn like Chengou).

The new ships design may make me switch back to goteki 45 since I didnt like its design at all from Pulse.

PS : do you think anphiseum reverse will be like the "black" version, or just the white reverse one, with a big uphill and magstrips ?

Moriarty79
2nd June 2009, 08:51 AM
WOW!!!:eek

Darkdrium777
2nd June 2009, 08:54 AM
Of course Amphiseum will be the same track. :eek

KGB
2nd June 2009, 09:10 AM
Modesto Heights reverse will be interesting. Mag strip after the first left up to the big jump maybe. :D

I wonder if they have redesigned parts of the tracks like Metropia?

HISHO[JP]
2nd June 2009, 09:13 AM
From SCEA Blog...

The WipEout HD Fury expansion pack will increase the content of your current game with 8 new tracks, 13 new ship models and 3 new game modes,...

13?

I think 12 of them are concept ships of current teams.
And other 1 may be Detonator mode ship.

Then, there're no Tigron and Van-Uver....? :frown:
Because they have their own billboards in game...

O_BR
2nd June 2009, 10:10 AM
I just saw the release announcement on a Finnish site and I had to see what's going on here. Already 18 pages, haha! Can't view the video just yet though. I'm at work and I bet I'd get so stoked it would interfere the working. (Ahhh, who am I kidding? I'm already surfing the net all the time.)

I thought I'd get to see some other games during the summer too but we'll just see where this leads to! The new tracks are totally unknown to me since I haven't seen the PSP WipEouts so all the more excited about the release!

I'll go try to do some of that working again.

aerobie
2nd June 2009, 10:33 AM
Also, when they say "8 new tracks", does that mean 4 forward and 4 reverse or does that mean 8 whole environments, so 8 fwd and 8 rvs?

What FrostE said, plus the 4 Zone tracks from Pure for the new Zone modes!

KIGO1987
2nd June 2009, 10:48 AM
Of course Amphiseum will be the same track. :eek

LOL

The Amphiseum White is very much different to the Black version. On white you fly straight off that bloody edge on the last stretch, on black you got that big dip in the circuit that you have to hold onto your balls to make it out in one piece.

Sideshow
2nd June 2009, 10:49 AM
This is a pretty cheeky request, but I can't do it myself as I'm at work: does anyone want to download the HD video and screen cap all the close-ups of ships? The new Auricom looks pretty immense (the hornet colour scheme Assegai in the screen-shots in OP looks ****ing badass. At least, I'm assuming it's Assegai. Please say that a Goteki can't look that good :P).

lunar
2nd June 2009, 11:16 AM
LOL
you have to hold onto your balls to make it out in one piece.

So not only will I have to press boost select boost, but I`ll have to somehow find the time do that too? This is an outrage. Sorry, I`m not French and don`t have that kind of skill/number of hands. ;)

Modesto Heights reverse will be interesting. Mag strip after the first left up to the big jump maybe. :D

I wonder if they have redesigned parts of the tracks like Metropia?

Some mag lock technology is likely, though there could equally be a monster jump in the other direction. I`m curious to see what will happen coming up from the tunnel at what will be the end of the lap - possible big air. Maybe there will be some redesign to the reverse, it`s the second thing I`ll try in the DLC. First will be to see if the Modesto Forward shortcut still works and if we can still skim the top of the towerblock :pirate They don`t need to do anything to this track design. :D

zeeZ
2nd June 2009, 11:40 AM
This is a pretty cheeky request, but I can't do it myself as I'm at work: does anyone want to download the HD video and screen cap all the close-ups of ships? The new Auricom looks pretty immense (the hornet colour scheme Assegai in the screen-shots in OP looks ****ing badass. At least, I'm assuming it's Assegai. Please say that a Goteki can't look that good :P).

Screenshots galore

Thanks to Spece2goin for figuring out what's what

i think it's good now
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/124...0602132403.jpg Piranha frontal
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3...0602132618.jpg Triakis under the hood
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1...0602132752.jpg Piranha + mirage
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1473/...0602132901.jpg Feisar
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/948...0602133129.jpg Assegai and Harimau back + mirage fail + goteki45 further.
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/894...0602133235.jpg Mirage from below
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/436...0602133336.jpg Assegai
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/472...0602133400.jpg Assegai
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/713...0602133540.jpg Goteki 45 + piranha's back
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/208...0602133701.jpg Assegai back + Harimau front and mirage on the left
http://i44.tinypic.com/30sk5t3.jpg Triakis extreme closeup
http://i43.tinypic.com/10f98w4.jpg Goteki45
http://i41.tinypic.com/r7iyio.jpg Zone Qirex+ ghost EG-X
http://i39.tinypic.com/28jhzx4.jpg Speedy Qirex
http://i41.tinypic.com/nltob6.jpg Auricom
http://i40.tinypic.com/29uymc5.jpg Feisar
http://i43.tinypic.com/3132m91.jpg EG-X
http://i41.tinypic.com/53jn1g.jpg detonator craft

infoxicated
2nd June 2009, 11:55 AM
Should have attached those to the post - those links are going to be worthless when they're broken in six months time. :|

zeeZ
2nd June 2009, 11:58 AM
They're exceeding what I am allowed to attach here. And I sure hope we won't need them anymore in six months because we have the real deal already ;)

Spece2goin
2nd June 2009, 12:15 PM
ZeeZ : last but one is not Icaras, it's EG-X see the X on the ship.

Sausehuhn
2nd June 2009, 12:23 PM
From what I can see from the picture, the EX-G's shape looks very old school WO :)

OLOuk
2nd June 2009, 12:27 PM
Long time ago I sold my soul to WipeOut... It seems I will do it again... FURY!!!

mic-dk
2nd June 2009, 12:40 PM
That Assegai looks frekkin' cool!

KGB
2nd June 2009, 12:40 PM
First will be to see if the Modesto Forward shortcut still works and if we can still skim the top of the towerblock :pirate They don`t need to do anything to this track design. :D

I wasn't on these forums then so have missed that one, it will all become apparent no doubt.

Modesto was a great track but I'm surprised they have put it in, always thought it would be Blue Ridge.

I really hope this comes out soon or they give us a definite date, the wait for HD was too long.

Sideshow
2nd June 2009, 12:41 PM
Ace, well done.

stinkleroy
2nd June 2009, 12:43 PM
I'm going to have to learn these tracks from scratch, should be interesting! Going by how long it took me the first time, I'll see you guys online in 6 months time :lol

Spece2goin
2nd June 2009, 12:48 PM
Screenshots galore

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1241/ss20090602132403.jpg Piranha frontal
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/338/ss20090602132618.jpg Triakis under the hood
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1310/ss20090602132752.jpg Piranha + mirage
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1473/ss20090602132901.jpg Feisar
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9485/ss20090602133129.jpg Assegai and Harimau back + mirage fail + goteki45 further.
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8941/ss20090602133235.jpg Mirage from below
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4360/ss20090602133336.jpg Assegai
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4721/ss20090602133400.jpg Assegai
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7131/ss20090602133540.jpg Goteki 45 + piranha's back
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/208/ss20090602133701.jpg Assegai back + Harimau front and mirage on the left
http://i44.tinypic.com/30sk5t3.jpg Triakis extreme closeup
http://i43.tinypic.com/10f98w4.jpgGoteki45
http://i41.tinypic.com/r7iyio.jpg Zone Qirex+ ghost EG-X
http://i39.tinypic.com/28jhzx4.jpg Speedy Qirex
http://i41.tinypic.com/nltob6.jpg Auricom
http://i40.tinypic.com/29uymc5.jpg Feisar
http://i41.tinypic.com/53jn1g.jpgdetonator craft

Too lazy to tag them properly right now, feel free to contribute

i think it's good now

new Icaras is on one of the 4 screen on the blog page.

but, haven't yo noticed that there is NO AG-SYS craft in those screens and video? that might be the big surprise, as there are many AG-sys fans!

if yes, let me see it!

KIGO1987
2nd June 2009, 12:55 PM

Thats just off the main straight on Talons Junction, which is in Wales somewhere. When i think of Wales i think about that show that use to be on tv called Torchwood, and that women actor with that massive coin slot between here two front teeth.

blackwiggle
2nd June 2009, 01:04 PM
I've been playing postage stamp wipeout [Pure & Pulse] today and going cross eyed in the process :dizzy, just so I can learn the tracks.

I don't want the steep learning curve again that I had with HD [and getting owned badly :paperbag],even though I have always found it hard to play wipeout on a PSP .

krioto
2nd June 2009, 02:50 PM
I'm so excited for this dlc - I only started playing online on Sunday, and now this! woo hoo.:P

Xavier
2nd June 2009, 03:08 PM
Any news on custom skins? Given the PS3's hardware, it seems like some truly amazing skins could be made for this game, if they allow it.

mdhay
2nd June 2009, 03:16 PM
Jon Eggleton aka Egg, has said that the ships are far to detailed to allow this.

Xavier
2nd June 2009, 03:23 PM
Mdhay, that's unfortunate; I would have liked to at least slap some wordmarks or numbers on the ships, and maybe experiment with different colors.

Well, the existing skins are nothing to complain about!

mdhay
2nd June 2009, 03:41 PM
that is definately true. Still, I could see some fantastic TeamLink Skins appearing.;)

silverfoxy
2nd June 2009, 03:51 PM
Just like when I bought the game I had to learn all the tracks and it did take me a good while.

However, i think I'm a much better player now then when I first started so I'm hoping to pick up the new ones a bit quicker than before.

So excited by the trailer, any firm news on release yet ?? Would love it to be bfore I start my new job in August so I can have plenty of time to play !!

Darkdrium777
2nd June 2009, 04:18 PM
First will be to see if the Modesto Forward shortcut still works and if we can still skim the top of the towerblock :pirate They don`t need to do anything to this track design. :DYES! That was the most awesome thing possible on this track. :)

mdhay
2nd June 2009, 04:28 PM
Hey guys, anybody know if you can do split - screen online? I'd love to do it.:D:D

Anyway, SL, if I could, I'd buy you guys some beer. But I can't do that...yet.;)

Asayyeah
2nd June 2009, 04:59 PM
Late here to share my complete happiness with this news DLC pack : unbeleivable density of modes and tracks + other stuff we will discover pretty soon , i hope. I did targeted a release for the 1st anniversary of HD and i was pleased by that, but now that i know it's being released soon , i can't wait for it to be stored into my ps3 hdd!

I never lost my faith into SL ( but partially with SCEE i must reckon with their weird strategic marketing plans) but honestly i am impressed by the job they are currently doing to let us dreaming again and again about this unstoppable legend & franchise Wipeout is.

Hats off to SL :cowboy and all their team workers

mdhay
2nd June 2009, 05:11 PM
Arnaud, you have also improved in regards to expressing yourself, it seems.:+

I estimate this download to be released around the 9th to the 23rd of July. This is a prime time for the download to be released, as around this time, kids will be off school (My school is off for 8 weeks around this time, so I can practice on Detonator.;))

KIGO1987
2nd June 2009, 05:13 PM
but partially with SCEE i must reckon with their weird strategic marketing plans

What the **** is it anyway? Im lost:blarg:eek

LOUDandPROUD
2nd June 2009, 05:25 PM
Thats just off the main straight on Talons Junction, which is in Wales somewhere. When i think of Wales i think about that show that use to be on tv called Torchwood, and that women actor with that massive coin slot between here two front teeth.

Haha I used to watch that show and know exactly who you're talking about. :lol

JABBERJAW
2nd June 2009, 05:26 PM
I am betting they have 4 other tracks in the waiting, based on some signs,

Hopefully

Vertica or rather outpost
Khara
blue ridge
a revamped citta. We need a difficult track in here. Since pitch is so much better now, this track could be pretty nice.

OH and I also need to add . Superfast speed class with walls that slow you down more :) Let's get some separation in races by racing skill rather than just weapons. this would be my personal best addition, rather than anything else.

DividedXZero
2nd June 2009, 05:30 PM
I agree with Vertica, Outpost is still a challenge for me.
But i was really hoping for De Konstruct.

mdhay
2nd June 2009, 05:33 PM
+1 for De Konstruct. I rule on this track on Pulse imo (Zone 68 :banzai) and a HD iteration would rule.

IH8YOU
2nd June 2009, 05:50 PM
Shouldn't have said that... Problemsolver will now smite your record. :P

TheFrostE
2nd June 2009, 06:04 PM
well my all time favorite pulse track is there (amphiseum), i love talons jnct. .and tech de ra is very pretty to look at ! im not a modesto fan at all but hey...8 new tracks! Heres hoping Al could be right about future tracks (blue ridge, outpost 7). keep goin SL and hopefully online buggies will be swatted...i'd love me some TT style BRs online again.

Xavier
2nd June 2009, 06:52 PM
No chance of seeing any of those awesome Fusion courses in future DLC, is there? I realize that HD is supposed to be in the 23rd century, so the Pure and Pulse courses will be "current" then, but there's a lot of good racing available in those Fusion tracks.

Looking only at Pure and Pulse, Blue Ridge would get my vote over Outpost 7. Blue Ridge is visually striking (brown course, mountains in the distance) and could be even more fun with some weather (in winter!) difficulties thrown in. Maybe I just want some more green and brown nature tones after the gray and blue of the typical urban courses. :)

graeble
2nd June 2009, 07:46 PM
the preview looks so creamy i wet myself!
i've always been a fan of the night time tracks because of the way they have to light the course.

good stuff! cant wait to buy the dlc!

DividedXZero
2nd June 2009, 08:35 PM
Jon Eggleton aka Egg, has said that the ships are far to detailed to allow this.

Well, when we look at the ships they all have an underlying paint scheme. Would there not be a way to alter that to our liking then whatever interface we are provided with (like in pulse) would apply the textures and details on top of the modified template? (like several layers of skins, and we just change one of those layers; i.e. the paint scheme)

*Also, i hope we get multiple ship skins for the new ship design model and not just have the new model ship be another ship skin.

Sch@dows
2nd June 2009, 08:51 PM
Sony's conference is over and no news about Wipeout Fury.
Do Sony plan to keep the release date and price secret until the last day ?

PS : Sony may kill piracy with the PSP Go, but it will also kill "lending a game" and "re-sell a game" -__-

H3avyM3tal
2nd June 2009, 09:05 PM
I'm a bit late, but you made a believer out of me!

My god - what a happy day it is for all of us!!!

SL - you people rock. Seriously, I don't have enough hats to demostrate just how much you people rock.

First we got a glimps of GT5 (damage, night and day, WRC, NASCAR) and now this!!!! Damnit it all!!! I am so happy I am sticking with sony :)

Yes, from today on, I am a fanboy (of sorts).

mdhay
2nd June 2009, 09:10 PM
Well, when we look at the ships they all have an underlying paint scheme. Would there not be a way to alter that to our liking then whatever interface we are provided with (like in pulse) would apply the textures and details on top of the modified template?...

They're still way too detailed for people to make a skin. If you were determined, then it's a possibility, but then again, some people don't have the patience...:rolleyes:

DividedXZero
2nd June 2009, 09:22 PM
They're still way too detailed for people to make a skin. If you were determined, then it's a possibility, but then again, some people don't have the patience...:rolleyes:

I thought most of us here were determined pilots? ;)
Doesnt this game require determination to excell in it?

*Personally I feel the many pilots that would like such a feature, the want itself is a sign of our determination to have it. (Even though it is out of our hands)

H3avyM3tal
2nd June 2009, 09:46 PM
Summer is soon, so we can all wait for a little while :)

Besides, I think everyone here is very satisfied. Man time to get into HD in full swing. BTW, I didn't understand the trailer too well. Apart from getting 13 more crafts, did the ones already in change in look? I think I saw a feisar in there and it looked kind futuristic (lol).

DividedXZero
2nd June 2009, 09:52 PM
I believe the new crafts are just new designs of the current teams we have available. But there is suppose to be one more new "team". Just not sure it its actually a new team or just a new ship (specific to one of the new game modes).

Xavier
2nd June 2009, 09:57 PM
I thought most of us here were determined pilots? ;)
Doesnt this game require determination to excell in it?

*Personally I feel the many pilots that would like such a feature, the want itself is a sign of our determination to have it. (Even though it is out of our hands)

I agree. But even a more limited skinning feature, where we could just adjust colors and maybe paste words, numbers, and logos on the ships (like in F-Zero GX), would be worth having. Particularly with online racing now becoming the norm, being able to show out individuality will help online rivals remember us. At least let me put my name or PSN handle on my ship, in a cool Wipeout font.

mdhay
2nd June 2009, 09:57 PM
Precisely. In todays culture, casual gamers have no determination, maybe out of ignorance, laziness, not having the time or impatience, but people, forums and cultures like WipEoutZone are few and far between. In the vast majority of internet cultures, there are no proper gamers, just ones who come out with BS like what happened with Infaxsu. You never know, SL might have wanted us to be able to customize :D (But of course, I don't know).

Darkdrium777
2nd June 2009, 10:36 PM
Needs some colour palettes and logo pasting (import from hard drive?) like I remember from Armored Core (Love this game for the gameplay, I always enjoy a rent).
At least that would be a start for skinning.

YouAreFubar
2nd June 2009, 10:37 PM
WOW! :eek

I havent been on the forums for a while, ive been pretty inspired with my music and have been getting on with that for the past few weeks. What news to come back to though! The dlc pack looks sweet, I cant wait for it to be released! The anticipation is going to kill me! Paul, thank you for sharing the news, its much appreciated!

@ mdhay: I agree with what your saying, a lot of gamers these days dont really like a challenge, they just want something that plays OK and looks pretty.

darkfaerytales
2nd June 2009, 11:00 PM
excuse me for my absence in these days of great news but...

I WAS DEAD FROM SHOCK

i'm just wake up
from a 2 days
COMA

:eek
i cant believe it yet

bytheway soon i will post my thoughts and considerations

but foremost important:
THANK U STUDIO LIVERPOOL

Spece2goin
3rd June 2009, 12:15 AM
I believe the new crafts are just new designs of the current teams we have available. But there is suppose to be one more new "team". Just not sure it its actually a new team or just a new ship (specific to one of the new game modes).

13 new crafts, One for each of the 12 teams, and the Detonator craft...

designer_79
3rd June 2009, 02:23 AM
What a moment of ...

PURE EXCITEMENT :hyper

After a complete WipEout-free 3 weeks holidays , this news are quite a shock (in a positive way of course). Love being back!! Hate waiting for a undefined period of time until release =(

By total coincidence i just bought WipEout Pulse in Switzerland , PSP will be bought this week too , kinda felt this coming ??? Have to say it's a pretty clever sales-strategy to tie together WOHD and WO Pulse so closely ... Looking forward to many more exciting races online in both games!! Let the fury begin ... This will soooo boost the online community, me likey!!

LOUDandPROUD
3rd June 2009, 02:29 AM
Ok , so, if each team is getting a new "craft" (ship model), shall we assume that each new model will have a few skins to unlock, as well? I hope!

RedScar
3rd June 2009, 02:32 AM
IF they were to put even a basic skin editor in I would gladly spend the time to make my AG systems not so boring.

BARTgai
3rd June 2009, 02:41 AM
I also hope each new ship will have extra skins like the original crafts. Maybe even a chrome one? :)

TheFrostE
3rd June 2009, 03:06 AM
i would absolutely love love LOVE a ship skin editor like pulse had...with better functionality of course. who knows...i bet there are some things they havent told us about the expansion yet O_O

AG-wolf
3rd June 2009, 03:53 AM
We should have a skin editor like Forza 2 and 3 :P THAT would be sick.

darkfaerytales
3rd June 2009, 05:07 AM
to follow my considetions about the expansion, with some questions ( WARNInG LOnG POST )

- what about the overal look of the new ship models? i'm pretty shocked in good by the work SL done,
some ships are so vary and " unusual " but yet at same time very classic and very very wipeout.
new models seems more futuristic, strangely built in layers and blocks, and more " naked ", very very industrial
and advanced at same time...think up if it were to me i would design the ships always in same classic way, so to
speak, find a way to keep happy the conservative people like me with the right amount of classic feeling in the design without
fall into the repetive and boring, is just admirable KUDOS SL!

-some talking in details: what's up with canopies? seems very different and little compared to the "old models "
also seems always built more or less same way ( not a rant just an observation )

-what's about the headlights? now seems every model get headlight on

the new models have to be considered prototypes/concept again or simple ship model B this time?

have new models their own set of skins/liveries?

there are 13 models but 12 teams, in the trailer you can see the " detonator ship " which is considered the 13th new model ok
but you can see a new zone model, transparent,in the shots as well, so i'm prety confused... 13? 14? what's up?

with eliminator mode back we will get back the repulser and shuriken weapons as well?

what's that 180° spin thingy in the trailer? a new weapon?

the new menus layout will be swithcable through options or will be permanent? ( ironically the only thing i trully never
been bored are the menus and the song loop , i know i'm crazy...)

NOW SOME THOUGHTS ON THE NEW MODELS, MODEL BY MODEL

piranha: what!!!:eek i don't know if i'm more shocked or amused, a mix of both same time, what that layered thingy?
sincerelly i'd never expected a design like this for piranha, the basic( old ) model is so smooth...that is a design i think
would come out for tigron , would have fit better to such team, than piranha, who find it a little fusioneque?...however interesting, i like it 50/50 for now

icaras: uhm, i don't like it very much, but's ok... what is that " rally car round headlights " thing on the hull? that ruin the overall
design, just my opinion...

goteki: fantastic , by far one on the best, but on a note...when goteki get orange among its team colours? btw one of best(
even if i have the strange feeling that this design had steal what would have come out to be vanuber if it were included )

triakis: it's just me or it is the same pulse concept but with the 2nd pulse skin livery painted on, i like it

harimau: WTF!? two shades of orange, dirt white, with a new turquoise logo, on a design that is a mix of pulse ag-sys concept and old
assegai! i like it!

feisar: way better than the old to me, i hope to get that perfect triangle geometry from a rear perspective, when you drive it

assegai: is that w3o reminescent ship you can see on the eliminator part of trailer? if yes, cool!

mirage: i haven't see it clearly, but from what i've seen it isn't the ubercool pulse concept design, pity, was my favourite.

eg-x : wtf? pink? i hope it's just the shield effect. i have to see it better but from what i've see seems very good

quirex: i have to see it better...

auricom: pretty good, i like it

ag-sys: no way to spot it yet, just hope somethin like w3o model or pulse concept...i never like very much the last wipeouts model,
too fat assed...

THINGS THAT I'VE EXPECT AND ENDs UP IN DLC: :+

tech de ra
the amphiseum
modesto heights
new menus layout+ music
new licensed music
eliminator mode
more new options
new ship models/ concepts
new multiplayer online options
new campaign
new trophies

THINGS THAT I TOTALLY DIDN'T EXPECTED:

TALON'S JUNCTION (!):? wtf? what's so special in this track?! sincerelly my expetactions to get this track into dlc was lower than
citta nuova, when colin himself told us clearly that it can't never happens

new modes : CCOOOOOOLLLL! WHAT A SURPRISE!

the only zone available tracks set

THING THAT I'VE EXPECT BUT DID NOT ENDS IN DLC:

staten park: i've to admit that i'm pretty surprised about that, i think it would be a must, since was stated by Colin as his favourite

blue ridge

VERTICA( NOOO! )

some tracks from the pulse dlc

van uber & tigron:(

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST & KUDOS AGAIN TO STUDIO LIVERPOOL

BARTgai
3rd June 2009, 05:51 AM
YES GIMME REPULSERS PLZ! One thing I did notice on the video is the absence of the anti-gravity drives (those blue circle thingies under the ships) I remember the Pulse concept ships were missing them also. It's a shame Vertica and Blue Ridge didn't make it in, but I'm glad there's no Citta Nuova (I swear that sign was put there to piss us off!). But hey, with all the other great stuff coming I can't really complain. :P

ProblemSolver
3rd June 2009, 05:51 AM
Fury Expansion Pack?
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8371/ani2ynq6hc.gif

Detonator & Eliminator mode?
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9567/aniiuhgrigxc2.gif

Zone Battle + Mallavol, Syncopia, Corridon 12, Pro Tozo?
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/1106/sogoodga9.gif

zone battle: ProblemSolver, welcome to your online playground :P
Which makes me question if I will ever see any of the new tracks under their
standard texturing. xD

Wow it's exactly what I had wished (and written here too)!!

- the online Zone mode I and ProblemSolver have been dreaming of ...
Yeah right. I already had some ideas ready for a multiplayer ZONE but
didn't talked about it. Lately, I also mentioned that some dedicated tracks
for ZONE (alas Zone Battle) would be awesome. There it is! Well, nice to
see that ZONE gets a bigger weight on WOHD. :)

I hope that the new Zone Battle mode plays out quite well. Given all the
strategic elements etc. this can become a rather thrilling racing mode.
Exactly what I'm looking for!

Have I told you guys that I luv (dat girl) the added voice samples you
can here in Zone Battle? Fukkin awesome. :P

Finally, I hope we get that *beep, beep, beep* sound back in. I miss it like
crazy! Without that sound half of the tension / thrill was gone for me. :(
Some new color scheme would be very appreciated as well. Like always.

About the graphics.
The lighting has improved (?). SL now uses a lot more (pre-baked) diffuse
lighting from billboards etc. to illuminate parts of the track and surroundings.

http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/p/ProblemSolver/166616/ayoacytxad.thumb250.jpg (http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/p/ProblemSolver/166616/ayoacytxad.jpg)
look behind the AG-SYSTEM banner

http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/p/ProblemSolver/166616/xdicjzsjfv.thumb250.jpg (http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/p/ProblemSolver/166616/xdicjzsjfv.jpg)
diffuse lighting from the billboards

http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/p/ProblemSolver/166616/bkcsjdjgeq.thumb250.jpg (http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/p/ProblemSolver/166616/bkcsjdjgeq.jpg)
diffuse lighting down the half-pipe

Additionally, SL did also increased the HDR component to enhance the
contrast and to give some objects an intensified glow.

As a side note: Would be rather nice if SL could implement some (mirror-)
reflections as well. Yeah I know, rendering reflections are very expensive
esp. if they have to be sharp. But given all these new polished surfaces
makes them a ... necessity. :nod

http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/p/ProblemSolver/166616/ljvaiwslmu.thumb250.jpg (http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/p/ProblemSolver/166616/ljvaiwslmu.jpg) http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/p/ProblemSolver/166616/nvqouuircu.thumb250.jpg (http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/p/ProblemSolver/166616/nvqouuircu.jpg)

... And whats more, it is set to be given its first public showing at this weeks E3 expo, so if youre lucky enough to be attending, make sure you stop by and try it out! ...
I wasn't invited! Strange.... :blarg

Time spent playing WipEout HD > 400 hours
That's worth a trophy. :D

I actually heard a rumor that there will be a default trophy for every
PS3 game. One get it on playing for about 1000h. The trophy is called;
Get a Life! xD

ProblemSolver will play and own us online now!

indeed it was said, but i didn't see any reply from him!
Be prepared. :sonar

Shouldn't have said that... Problemsolver will now smite your record. :P
I follow no interest in breaking Pulse ZONE records. Wait!!

Edit:
@SL: You owe me two pants.

KIGO1987
3rd June 2009, 05:54 AM
ha! funny post!

djKyoto
3rd June 2009, 06:41 AM
Fury Expansion Pack?
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8371/ani2ynq6hc.gif

Hahahaha.

Forgot to mention the Semi-Transparent track floors. So awesome...

lunar
3rd June 2009, 06:57 AM
staten park: i've to admit that i'm pretty surprised about that,

blue ridge

VERTICA

Why Talons Junction (set in God`s own country, but really a dull track :() and not one of these above, which all have a popular support? As Al said they may still have some desirable DLC up their sleeves. Don`t lose hope :D We might even yet get Burgertown to make Mad-Ice happy, but that`s probably a distant hope.

I agree with Problem Solver that the arrival of multiplayer Zone has been talked about for a long time and is fascinating. And it sounds a very deep and tactical experience which at crazy speeds will destroy brain cells faster than anything we`ve known before I suspect. :pirate The arrival of all new game modes is really going to widen appreciation for this game and bring in more players.

blackwiggle
3rd June 2009, 07:11 AM
I hope KIGO get's a new ISP ADSL2+ connection.

Can you imagine the absolute tirade of obscenities that he would post if he suffers "VISTA weapon pads" during a online Eliminator tournament.

It would make the Angry German Kid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVmfIUR1DA
look like he eaten a bottle of Valium in comparison.:eek:D:D

I shouldn't laugh,but I'm just picturing it now :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry, can't help it!

Mad-Ice
3rd June 2009, 07:50 AM
Oh yes Burgertown! Also one of your favs. We almost started a Burgertown fan club Lunar.

With Talons Junction and Modesto Heights we have the first 3 tracks from Pure and from Pulse. So we just have to wait for Blue Ridge and Arc Prime to show up in HD.

I also do not understand why SL picked Talons Junction, maybe because it is an easy track? There are so much more tracks in Pulse that are better like; Fort Gale, Platinum Rush and Outpost7. But most of all I am dazzled why Staten Park from Pure is not included?

blackwiggle
3rd June 2009, 08:01 AM
It makes you wonder what the selection process was when deciding which tracks to include.

If you look at the poll results done here you see that Talons had a vote of 5.
One of the lowest of the lot.

Maybe if FURY is going to be a separate online entity [we don't know exactly how this DLC is going to be implemented with the current online,HD stuff yet], if at all.

Then it makes sense to have as close a match to Vineta K as possible,which I consider Talons to be.

Mad-Ice
3rd June 2009, 08:21 AM
Yes that is true Blackwiggle, but I don't think SL is going to make the same mistake twice! That means seperating the online community like they did with Pulse.

So I really hope there will be these download keys like Everybody's Golf, what Lunar is talking about. Everybody just has to download the game including Fury, but the ones that don't pay can only join online races with tracks from Fury, but not host or play campaign or offline.

Darkdrium777
3rd June 2009, 08:24 AM
Fort GalePretty sure I can explain why that one wasn't chosen: the awful banked turn would be worse than Chengou's combined with HD's floatiness. You'd be jumping off track more often than not.
At least that's just what I think.
I too wonder why the likes of Talon's Junction was chosen compared to other interesting tracks like Staten Park. That one was truly a rush with those speed pads going down then back up again before the right angled turn leading to the jump and the bumps. Platinum Rush isn't bad either, but again it's got some turns that coupled with HD's floatiness probably (I say probably, I am not sure) would work terribly.

Mad-Ice
3rd June 2009, 08:32 AM
Mmmm, I don't know about this! I think the outside banked turn in Chenghou is banked the same amount as the one in Fort Gale. Yes, HD has more floatiness than Pulse, but Pulse got more upward force than HD, so pitch would work better in HD than in Pulse. Because when I imagine Chenghou in Pulse, then I imagine 2 or even 3 possible BRs in this turn, while in HD you can pitch this turn and even go for zero BRs, if you want of course. Because 1 BR in this turn is the fastest as we know!

Spece2goin
3rd June 2009, 09:00 AM
I hope KIGO get's a new ISP ADSL2+ connection.

Can you imagine the absolute tirade of obscenities that he would post if he suffers "VISTA weapon pads" during a online Eliminator tournament.

It would make the Angry German Kid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVmfIUR1DA
look like he eaten a bottle of Valium in comparison.:eek:D:D

I shouldn't laugh,but I'm just picturing it now :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry, can't help it!

ROFLMAO!!!
KIGO : buy some controllers in advance...

Connavar
3rd June 2009, 09:14 AM
About Vineta-K and Talon's Junction, they do have 1 thing in common:
they're both the first track you discover in Pure and Pulse, I think it could be
a factor why they've both been added, because, as the first tracks in those
games, they're also very well known by players, especially casual gamers
(for instance I had more or less forgotten the other tracks of pure, but I still
knew Vineta-K very well, so I was right at home with HD's first track).

NightArh
3rd June 2009, 09:17 AM
This expansion looks great! I had never seen so eyecandy graphics in Wipeout Series... And background music is cool too xD I think the reason to buy PS3 is just in this topic! :D

darkfaerytales
3rd June 2009, 09:36 AM
YES GIMME REPULSERS PLZ! One thing I did notice on the video is the absence of the anti-gravity drives (those blue circle thingies under the ships) I remember the Pulse concept ships were missing them also.

indeed!! it was the first thing come to my mind this mornig when i wake up. i forgot to mention that
i wonder if that slight chage in design style have something to do with the merge with evolution studios, maybe they have work together side by side with this pack

wait a second

MODESTO, MODESTO...MODESTO means graffiti! and shocking neon lights too!
i hope SL had keep the awesome mural grafitti on the track

about TALON'S JUNCTION , maybe the fact that is an " introductory " track could be a good explanation, to me isn't a problem to rant about, i think it is the less played track by me in my entire history of all wipeouts, so i can take it as a good deal since could well play as a " near new track " to me, considering the massive restyling it have undergo ( i image... ) i have not much worries about the dullness of this track...

BTW remain the fact that this game need a really hard&long track...

OBH
3rd June 2009, 10:02 AM
Thinking about it, I'm a little surprised they havnt re-introduced the track introductions from pulse. I loved them. That blokes metallic / robot like voice was damn creepy. With so much eye candy in HD I thought it would look great.

Plus for such a frantic, bright and colourful series, the current HD loading is one of the DULLEST things ive ever seen! :) plus i already know about sideshifting!! why dont you tell me something else you silly loading screen! :g

IH8YOU
3rd June 2009, 11:05 AM
Like the original Wipeout loading screen? With track layout and stats?

djKyoto
3rd June 2009, 11:10 AM
Bring back Curly!

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/images/avatars/wipeout_3/curly.png

3...2...1...Go!