PDA

View Full Version : Custom skin tuto

RA1D3R
28th May 2009, 10:47 PM
Hello guys(and ladies). Yesterday I was looking through the forums and in the skins thread some where I saw a tuto about using a editor such as PhotoShop.
My problem is...I can't find it for the life of me today!lololol
Can someone please link me to the tuto or paste it here please?
Thank you advance.

ACE-FLO
28th May 2009, 11:06 PM
Hey mate, what I did was copy n paste the template into Paint Shop Pro, edit, then copy n paste it back... did that over and over until I was happy with it. Then just saved it. I haven't seen that thread but I googled it and got all the info that way. Typing from PSP or I woulda gone into more detail. My PC is being an arse at the moment. But tomorrow I'll try write you a proper tutorial. Thanks for Racing earlier. Next time do weps off and follow my lines to get your lines corrected. Peace holmes!

RA1D3R
28th May 2009, 11:11 PM
Thanks alot dude. And yeah I have alot of practicing to do.:lol
I have so much fun every time I play and that alone encourages me so much to get better.

ACE-FLO
28th May 2009, 11:33 PM
You have an excellent attitude towards this game, and can see you progressing at a good rate.

I will aim to help you whenever I can. We were all noobies once... Us Pilots stick together, it wasn't too long ago I used to be a venom Pilot. Never thought i'd ever make it to Phantom... but a couple months on and here I am. Ofcourse it did help that Archman trained me up and gave me confidence to attempt Phantom. And today, after you left the races, Arch was in and I managed to take a victory from him!

RA1D3R
29th May 2009, 12:52 AM
Well I could not ever find that post in the thread again, perhaps I am looking in the wrong place, lol
How ever, while digging through the forum I did find the tuto on the wipeout skins site. Here is the link in case anyone else needs this:

http://grekir.freehostia.com/wipeoutskins/guides/doggthang.htm

Thanks to Dogg-Thang for this awesome tuto!

p.s. I hope links aren't against the rules, if they are I apologize, just wanted to share this great info!

ACE-FLO
29th May 2009, 01:17 AM
Nah, links are cool man. Also, I found that once your skin is complete, save it as a jpeg as this compresses the file size, (then export it to the online editor and save it) and races load quicker...

RA1D3R
29th May 2009, 01:29 AM
Ahhhh, very nice tip! Thanks for sharing dude!;)