PDA

View Full Version : Request: WipEout XL (PC version) EAC rip

Audiophile
26th May 2009, 05:16 AM
Hi all.

I had this game awhile ago for the PC and aside from an awesome game was an equally awesome soundtrack. :D I looked up info on the OST (VGMdb (http://vgmdb.net/album/1006)) and was disappointed that this was not the same music as featured in the PC version.

I tried to do an EAC lossless rip of the redbook audio on the disc but unfortunately my disc was too badly damaged. :( If it's at all possible, could someone please rip the music from this game using the Exact audio Copy program and FLAC lossless encoding?

For those of you that might be willing to rip the soundtrack but are not familiar with EAC, here's a tutorial for setting it up properly:
How To Rip 1:1 Copies of Audio CDs Using Exact Audio Copy (http://www.soniconthenet.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2656). Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to help.

Please keep in mind that this is a request for a rip from the PC version of the game, not the OST. Also, it's not an ISO request, I simply want the music.

I hope that it's alright to post this here. Being that this is not a published soundtrack release, it's more difficult to obtain, especially in the format that I requested. Thanks for reading.

- Audiophile

rdmx
26th May 2009, 06:32 AM
http://www.coldstorage.org.uk/music.html
Hi, this is about the about the best you can do for the moment - remastered versions from the original artist in mp3.

Audiophile
28th May 2009, 07:33 AM
http://www.coldstorage.org.uk/music.html
Hi, this is about the about the best you can do for the moment - remastered versions from the original artist in mp3.

Hi insertcoin. Thanks for the link. :)

To be honest, I'd still prefer that someone rip the music from the actual CD, I'm hoping to replace the rip that I once had, minus the snaps, crackles and pops, in the same lossless quality. I figure that this forum is the best place to make a request like this since most people might still have the CD.

I will look into the link that you sent me but please understand that I'm looking for something specific. :D

BulletWraith
28th May 2009, 11:26 AM
I obtained a disc in perfect condition a few months ago, still haven't been able to play it yet as Vista's not going to do it/haven't read enough into other ways of getting it to play

anyway I'll try and get it done with EAC, I already have it installed I just didn't manage to find a good guide to help me use it(erm that may have been somthing about converting a rip to Vorbis I was mixed up about) sorry I may not be to helpful I'm just used to using Cowon's ripping software which I think isn't all that bad :)

if I have time this weekend I'll have a look at it and try it out on my clip

(be careful where you tread some people here think the PSP sounds good lol)

-zer0shen

Audiophile
28th May 2009, 05:13 PM
I obtained a disc in perfect condition a few months ago, still haven't been able to play it yet as Vista's not going to do it/haven't read enough into other ways of getting it to play

I don't have Vista but doesn't it have a Compatibility Wizard of some sort that will emulate Windows 95/98? Also, you'll need to download a patch, located somewhere on this forum, so that the game won't play so ridiculously fast.

anyway I'll try and get it done with EAC, I already have it installed I just didn't manage to find a good guide to help me use it(erm that may have been somthing about converting a rip to Vorbis I was mixed up about) sorry I may not be to helpful I'm just used to using Cowon's ripping software which I think isn't all that bad :)

Cool. :) The guide that I posted above will show how to setup the program to retrieve as much accurate information as possible from a CD and then encode the audio file(s) in FLAC lossless format. I wrote the guide so feel free to ask me any questions about it.

By the way, if you're interested, I can show you how to setup the program for MP3, AAC, OGG encoding for all of you non-lossless rips. You'll be able to switch between various formats within the program and rip lossless or lossy whenever you fee like it. 8)

if I have time this weekend I'll have a look at it and try it out on my clip

(be careful where you tread some people here think the PSP sounds good lol)

-zer0shen

Thanks for your willingness to help out, I hope that this isn't too big a project or anything. Cya.

- Audiophile

Audiophile
30th May 2009, 10:10 AM
Hi zer0shen. 8)

If you're still willing to rip the music from the WipEout XL CD for me, that would be great. Can I ask a small favor? In my guide, there are two methods for ripping the CD: Single FLAC file w/CUE sheet or Multiple FLAC files w/CUE sheet.

Can I ask that you use the first method, Single FLAC file w/CUE sheet? It'll all make sense to you when you get up to that part of the tutorial. :) You will have 3 files that result at the end of the ripping process.

Anyway, tell me if you encounter any problems or errors and I will gladly help you to correct them. Thanks again for considering to do this. :D

Darkdrium777
5th June 2009, 10:32 PM
I don't have Vista but doesn't it have a Compatibility Wizard of some sort that will emulate Windows 95/98? Also, you'll need to download a patch, located somewhere on this forum, so that the game won't play so ridiculously fast.That doesn't work. We have managed to locate a version that would actually load on Vista some time ago, and it still plays twice as fast with the patch.
Of course, actual CD might be different, but I'm doubting this since the patch is unofficial.