PDA

View Full Version : Perfecting laptimes

float
20th May 2009, 09:46 PM
Hey All,
Got within 3 seconds of Als time , time trialling on Porta Kora. Been practicing for hours daily to perfect the jump, because thats where I think I can make back the time and thrusting after corners! If any of you could help! Al where should I land after the jump? and is there a guide for fast lap time on this track?

JABBERJAW
21st May 2009, 04:48 PM
First I would need to know which version you have, in that it makes a huge difference. Then I need to give you the opposite of what I do :) I'll give you my line once I know the version, and when I use the turbo exactly, and the pitch adjustments. I have those races recorded I think, so I can just load them up and take a look. Do you have a negcon? Because that is really important. Are you talking full race, or lap time?

float
21st May 2009, 10:26 PM
Hi Jabberjaw and many thanks for your reply!
I'm using wipeout 3 se pal version (The stand alone version, not the one packaged with destruction derby, is this what you mean?) bought on its release in england and played on a ps1 UK. And yes I am using a negcon! I would like help with both race time and laptime but priority is lap time. I really appreciate your help!

JABBERJAW
22nd May 2009, 01:07 PM
this is for phantom here is the route, best I can remember. I will be practicing this within the next week, and if there is something different, I'll tell you.

first turn, tap right, tap pitch back, this will stop the ship from "sliding out". At the end of this turn, pitch back slightly and turn left slightly to go through the uphill with the slight turns left and right (straight through) (also, give a touch of the turbo here). I think through here you need to pitch down slightly in 3se since it is so floaty. You should land right at the beginning of the straightaway headed toward the jump. As you land pitch back for a second to stop any bouncing. Head down the straightaway. Now the next turn you need to expirement a little, to not bottom out up the hill. I think you need to start you pitch up on or just after the blue pads, and dart off the side of the track (turboing as well just before going off the jump, and and still held in the air a little). release turbo in the air, and land through the top of the tunnel (where exactly you need to expirement a little, but before the gradual first turn in the tunnel is best, to set up the rest of the turns. Upon landing, tap pitch back, and turn around all right hand turns, this will "hold the line" You may need to add in a slight brake tap here as well. On the last dowhill before the final left turn, pitch down to get the ship flat, and tap the brake to get around the last turn as fast as you can. One around that turn((two scenarios here)) tap your turbo to get moving up the hill faster, hold pitch back, enter pit (without braking), exit pit, then tap pitch back to get around the first turn again without sliding out. The second scenario after the last turn, for a lap time, is turbo all the way up the hill while pitching back, and just making sure you don't hit, use the rest of your turbo here. upon completing the lap, make sure you make the first turn, then SLOW DOWN and do not explode. It is not a race record unless you complete the race.

float
26th May 2009, 09:06 PM
Thankyou Jabberjaw,
Used your guide and managed a 28:06 lap on time trial on vector class this morning. I didnt turbo off the jump into the tunnel yet... so I think I can shave off more milliseconds. Your help has improved my understanding of piloting skills tenfold and I can use this on the other tracks! Thanks

TheFrostE
14th June 2009, 12:49 AM
Al, now that is expert piloting at its finest lol.