PDA

View Full Version : Pulse Leaderboard Points Scheme

purist284
15th May 2009, 12:13 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm a WipEout veteran, but I've never played Fusion or HD (Never got around to buying a PS2 and can't afford a PS3 at the moment). I do play Pulse quite religiously, but for the life of me I can't figure out how the overall score - the one you see when you check your overall rank - is tabulated.

Could someone clue me in on how this score is calculated? Some tips on how to improve it would be nice also. Like most pilots, I pretty well blazed through the campaign mode. As soon as I acheived gold on a challenge I was on to the next. So I've been going back over the challenges trying to improve my times... still, progress is marginal. My rank is hovering around 215 at the moment.

What gives? Thanks.

P.S. What's the deal with Binary-Ghost? Their zone scores are just out of this world. Is something awry? I tend to think so, but I'm not willing to rule out the possibility that they're just super-human and/or of extra-terrestrial origin.

leungbok
16th May 2009, 07:17 AM
The rankings in pulse works in a strange way. the more you play the fastest you improve, not sure that you absolutely need to win.
For binary-ghost, he's a cheater, like ncr-assassin, ncr-ghost and ekys :
TALON'S JUNCTION WHITE
TIME TRIAL | BEST LAP | VENOM | 1-10 OF 4263
RANK NAME TEAM GHOST TIME
1 NCR_GhosT 0:22.12
2 NCR_Assassin 0:23.48
3 KANDANG 0:31.23
4 DjManiac21 0:31.32
5 Yannisss 0:31.84
6 AndyFR 0:32.08
7 AlbinoAce 0:32.15
8 INFAXSU 0:32.28
9 Asayyeah 0:32.31
10 Eleven_GG_Ex 0:32.39

MOA THERMA WHITE
SPEED LAP | BEST LAP | PHANTOM | 1-10 OF 639
RANK NAME TEAM GHOST TIME
1 Ekys 0:20.34
2 Leungbok 0:21.93
3 kanar 0:22.31
4 Del_Stepho 0:22.46
5 Krzys_PL 0:22.46
6 HunterGreg8 0:22.49
7 AnErare 0:22.59
8 kaori714 0:22.61
9 Delfiris 0:22.63
10 il_Nik 0:22.64

Those scums have tips to play on venom races with phantom speed, or to obtain turbos at will. :-

MrSmadSmartAlex
16th May 2009, 10:32 AM
I don't really understand the rankings system either - I think it's just based on online play though. I play online far more than offline, and my rank seems to keep going up (30 now:?). It seems you have to beat players who are ranked higher than you to get big points, and I think perfect laps and eliminations add points too. I think if you bully noobs too much, you get point reductions too (I guess that's fair:lol). It's too complicated for me to worry too much about though, and isn't an accurate system - there's players ranked lower than me who are far more skilled than I am!

It seems those guys' cheats don't work at Phantom class - I played NCR_Assassin a while back, and kicked the cheating **** all over the place!:p

ACE-FLO
16th May 2009, 10:49 AM
Rankings influenced by online play only

All other stats are influenced by offline play...

hope this helps

purist284
16th May 2009, 05:46 PM
...to Leungbok, MrSmadSmartAlex & ACE-FLO.

That alleviates my anxiety about making it to zone 190 on DeKonstruct Black. I can concentrate on one-upping INFAXSU now. :)

See you guys online.

Binary-Ghost
1st November 2010, 05:47 AM
P.S. What's the deal with Binary-Ghost? Their zone scores are just out of this world. Is something awry? I tend to think so, but I'm not willing to rule out the possibility that they're just super-human and/or of extra-terrestrial origin.

haha i never thought that score would make me famous. Oh the whole NCR clan must be famous now.. Why must my clans try to be noticed?

Medusa
1st November 2010, 02:02 PM
Have you ever got nerve, bragging about a cheating group here. It would have been a lot nicer to read that you got your times/scores without cheating.

TropicMoon10
1st November 2010, 03:43 PM
Yeah, that just ain't fair, man. :naughty

MrSmadSmartAlex
1st November 2010, 05:28 PM
haha i never thought that score would make me famous. Oh the whole NCR clan must be famous now.. Why must my clans try to be noticed?

It's not a score, and you're not "famous". You're talking as if any random nobody couldn't just cheat and upload their fake records to a site with no moderation...
You're just a name to be instantly dismissed as a non-player, like your NCR friends, Bombastik99, PinUpMyHeart, and other idiots. :D

zargz
1st November 2010, 06:45 PM
You're just a name to be instantly dismissed as a non-player.. and a poor loser.

imo cheating on the tables, nvm bragging about it, should be enough reason for pulling out the ban-stick :mr-t

MrSmadSmartAlex
1st November 2010, 06:47 PM
Hey, long time, mate! :)

Yes, and also reason enough to pull out the instant-win Mr. T emoticon! :lol

zargz
1st November 2010, 06:55 PM
cheers mate! sent you a pm. hope to catch you online tonight! :+

stin
2nd November 2010, 08:18 AM
Paaaaaaveeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllll!:hyper I know we are struggling to talk as we always too busy doing other things!

On topic, yes zargz, you right, but we just ignored them!

stevie:)