PDA

View Full Version : V1.40 tomorrow!

Pages : [1] 2

Paul Tweedle
5th May 2009, 05:21 PM
Hi Wipeout Zoners,

I just thought you guys should be among the first to know - we're releasing a new patch for WipEout HD. V1.40 will be available TOMORROW at 5pm (UK time, Wednesday 6th May)!

So, just boot up the game after that time and you will be prompted as usual.

It fixes the annoying stutter during online races, which I'm sure will please you all. We have had the fix internally for a while now but every patch has to go through a lengthy QA process which I'm sure you can understand.

Thanks for your patience and for playing, see you online,

Paul.

JJPAP
5th May 2009, 05:23 PM
Yeaaaaaaaaah!!!!!! :beer

SaturnReturn
Thanks. I'm sure a lot of people will be very pleased :+

eLhabib
Many thanks, Paul, much appreciated! :+

Amorbis
5th May 2009, 05:31 PM
Thanks for this, Paul and everyone else at Studio Liverpool. Your support to the community is very much appreciated! :D

Mu5
5th May 2009, 05:36 PM
Best news ever :D

Thanks Paul! :D :beer

KGB
5th May 2009, 05:41 PM
Great news indeed, dare i ask if it will fix the very slight BR problem that I believe some of us have been experiencing :g

lunar
5th May 2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks for letting us know, Paul, great news.

silverfoxy
5th May 2009, 05:46 PM
That is superb news, thanks for the heads up Paul.

Now I will need to find new excuses as to why I don't win races online !!

RJ O'Connell
5th May 2009, 05:47 PM
(in before people complain tomorrow that the game's even more broken....j/k)

Great news Paul, I'll definitely be around to try it.

stinkleroy
5th May 2009, 06:11 PM
This is good news! I was beginning to think it would be this way forever....I hope this restores HD to it's original glory....less mines and bombs also please :p

Constrictor
5th May 2009, 06:12 PM
THX for the heads-up! Highly appreciated.

btw, I'm going to miss this random increase in difficulty during online races :blarg

TaroBarkhan
5th May 2009, 06:13 PM
I am afraid, it's repetitive, BUT: Thanks, for that great work. We all love you at SL for this great game. :+:D

ProblemSolver
5th May 2009, 06:15 PM
We have had the fix internally for a while now but every patch has to go through a lengthy QA process which I'm sure you can understand.
What about patching the QA process, too?

I'm very excited to see what you guys have taken out of the ZONE mode
with this patch. Btw; Where is the awesome synthesizer of MOA THERMA
gone, the one inside the tunnel after the overpass? ...

Anyways, keep going!

IDReaper
5th May 2009, 06:19 PM
Awesome! Now I'll be even more addicted! Thx for keeping up with my fav game evar111

AG-wolf
5th May 2009, 06:26 PM
Thanks, those stutters were terrible... I wonder if anything else has been covered.

Darkdrium777
5th May 2009, 06:32 PM
Most sincere thank you Paul :)

Also, I'll check if the thing we discussed was fixed or not ;)

andybob35
5th May 2009, 06:33 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet... no more micro-pauses and no excuses!!! Gonna be aiming for new personal bests now!!! :banzai

Thanks to the crew @ Studio Liverpool, u legends!!! :g

leungbok
5th May 2009, 06:35 PM
Great news Paul ! Looking forward to that update :+

TheFrostE
5th May 2009, 06:39 PM
very cool, phase on of WOHD fix completed...good work SL , love ya guys!

Golgofier
5th May 2009, 06:43 PM
Ahh, YES! Faith has been restored! Or, well... not that I had lost faith in SL but I will admit I was not convinced the glitch/freeze problem would ever be sorted out.

Anyway, thanks for doing your job SL!

Alejess
5th May 2009, 07:19 PM
Great news. Thanks for the heads-up Paul.

KIGO1987
5th May 2009, 08:21 PM
Cool:D

That takes out those irritating micro freezes and starting race **** ups. Great.

Just leaves the Vista pads and lag. But im cool with that for the time being. Got other **** on my mind atm.

Good news though:)

GreenPhazon
5th May 2009, 08:51 PM
Yes, yes, YES!

Axel
5th May 2009, 09:41 PM
Very nice. Good to know you guys are taking this all in. I guess your QA has been lengthened since the last patch eh? ;)

Jambo
5th May 2009, 09:44 PM
Great news.

Connavar
5th May 2009, 09:55 PM
FANTASTIC!!!!
I knew it was just a matter of time (and so did Asayyeah) :)

YouAreFubar
5th May 2009, 10:00 PM
Thats brilliant news! Thanks for giving us the update!

zeeZ
5th May 2009, 10:08 PM
Sweetness, thanks.

Yes, that's QA.. it hits you with a quake, then scatters your path with bombs and mines so you grind to a full halt. Then you better hurry or they'll have a plasma ready when they try to lap you!

d4onps
5th May 2009, 10:47 PM
I'll jump for joy if it lets me play online again! I've been bummed all day trying other games games (GT, Nascar, NFS), but they're all so boring compared to WO. I was supposed to go to my kid's wedding tomorrow, but I'm not going to be able to make it now, what with the update coming out and all. (Just a joke, but I'm stoked!)

JJohnEames
5th May 2009, 10:54 PM
I just noticed this. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. :P

IH8YOU
6th May 2009, 12:14 AM
Seeing this 12 hours ago might have prevented me from deleting my entire game and all save data due to all the issues I had with 1.3. :frown:

Next time - if there are known issues - maybe a "we're workin on it" - the silence is the killer here. :cold

Vartazian
6th May 2009, 12:57 AM
Deleteing a game because your frustrated at it is your fault. SCEE wasnt responsible for you hitting the "X" Button.
Although it does suck to hear that!

Back on Topic...

Thanks guys! Getting rid of the micro freezes will be the last of my issues gone. Ive been able to completly fix my BR problem.

IH8YOU
6th May 2009, 01:02 AM
Hey jackass - when did I blame SCEE or SL for deleting Wipeout? I said a little feedback to the customer would be nice, at least to let us know that the franchise still has a pulse.

Vartazian
6th May 2009, 01:05 AM
This is feedback as far as im concerned... and Im Stoked!

I already said it sucks to hear about your game.

I do have a question for SCEE though...

If he does read this. Have you guys adressed the problem that the other people have had with the BR's or will this solve it? I know the WO Communit would really like to know! :D

aerobie
6th May 2009, 03:00 AM
Awesome. As has been said much better by others: thank you.

Now, about that forthcoming DLC we've all been awaiting anxiously... :)

LOUDandPROUD
6th May 2009, 03:34 AM
I just noticed this thread! Wow! Thanks for letting us know! I can't wait for tomorrow! My workday is surely going to drag now though. Maybe I'll call in sick...hmmmm. :P

Vartazian
6th May 2009, 03:50 AM
*cough* *cough* I think I might to LOUDandPROUD! Who needs Biology tests? ;)

NeilSmith
6th May 2009, 04:50 AM
Great news! Does the patch only fix the stutter problems or are there other stealth fixes\features added aswell? You might aswell tell us, cause 50% of all the people on this forum will claim you have changed something even though the code hasn't been touched ;) you all know it!

micky1984
6th May 2009, 07:21 AM
**** yes that is really good news, just need to remember to back up my save files befor updating, just in case ;) cant wait to get back on tonight :o

AnErare
6th May 2009, 07:27 AM
Next time - if there are known issues - maybe a "we're workin on it" - the silence is the killer here. :cold

Hey jackass - when did I blame SCEE or SL for deleting Wipeout? I said a little feedback to the customer would be nice, at least to let us know that the franchise still has a pulse.

You actually said "silence is the killer here," and in reference to you deleting the data. That is a direct implication of you putting the blame in their hands.

Aaaaaaaaaanyway! Awesome news! Thanks for the info :D

Vartazian
6th May 2009, 07:36 AM
Thanks AnErare. I didnt wnat to point it out and get him even angrier.

Sad that he would stoop to insult levels though.

when 5 UK for Canada?!? I cant wait!!! :o

zeeZ
6th May 2009, 07:46 AM
Canada has about 18 time zones, which?
it's 16:00 UTC

Darkdrium777
6th May 2009, 09:10 AM
Vancouver for him. I'm ready to bet on that. ;)
9h AM for you, 12h PM here in Mtl. Yarhar.

It's DST, so 10AM and 1PM then :)
Don't put it on five minutes late! :turd :lol

eLhabib
6th May 2009, 10:00 AM
Vartazian, don't act all wise here - you're the one who provoked IH8YOU, and you know it. Be a little more careful with your choice of words, please.

stinkleroy
6th May 2009, 10:09 AM
Although I am glad about the fact that this broken game is going to be partly fixed...can anyone tell me if the weapons are going to remain the same? If so I still don't think I have much interest anymore as finishing over ten seconds behind the pack due to copious amounts of ridiculously powerful weapons is not something I'm accustomed to or enjoy.

I completely understand why IH8YOU deleted his game...he wanted to return to a time when the game actually played like a Wipeout game. Nothing wrong with that...if 1.4 doesn't fix the stupid amount of mines bombs etc then I think I'll sadly have to leave wipeout on the virtual shelf.

eLhabib
6th May 2009, 10:19 AM
Hey, but there's always Avalon, you know? :D

stinkleroy
6th May 2009, 10:28 AM
Lol true! And of course I'll stick around for the doubles ladder.....:D

kanar
6th May 2009, 10:33 AM
:redface: ohhh you make me feel uncomfortable lol. I've good hopes we could have great no-weapon races with this 1.40. And maybe these corrections will benefit to weapon distribution too. And maybe I could play again with my Kanar ID one day. BUT first things first, I definitely need training anyway. Some of us had been affected a lot by these interferences between our brain & the pad & the ship. Maybe because we love too much this game to play under weird racing conditions.

blackwiggle
6th May 2009, 11:06 AM
SL rocks :rock for listening to the feed back and fixing [hopefully,It's yet to pass the Wipeoutzone seal of approval] ;)

The wipeoutzone rocks :rock because it has so many people that absolutely LOVE this game and gives us a totally mega awesome meeting place.

And all the ZONERS & ARENA people rock :rock because we as a whole are all,for the most part ,amicable people that love to race & race hard which propels each other to get better at this opium of a game.

kanar
6th May 2009, 11:19 AM
That's what I wanted to say, but unfortunately English isn't my native language ah ah

Asayyeah
6th May 2009, 11:25 AM
Amen to that BlackWiggle :clap

Thx for the feedback Paul :)

FANTASTIC!!!!
I knew it was just a matter of time (and so did Asayyeah) :)
;)
Not only for fixing bugs but on every moments in our life , we ll have to be patient, i know in those current times we are living in which actions prevail always VS reflection, this is hard to wait but that may be a cool way of less-stressed life.

Mu5
6th May 2009, 04:18 PM
Its up!!!! :D :beer

IH8YOU
6th May 2009, 04:23 PM
outside of the bugfixes, are we getting more content / features? I thought bugfixes jumped a subdesignator i.e. 1.3 and bugfix would move to 1.31 so jumping to designator 1.4 would indicate a lot of rework and/or new features. IDK - someone in programming chime in here....

LOUDandPROUD
6th May 2009, 04:26 PM
I was thinking/wondering the same thing... :?:

TorquedSoul
6th May 2009, 04:40 PM
Its up!!!! :D :beer

I'm not seeing it.

JJPAP
6th May 2009, 04:47 PM
It´s certainly up :P.
Nothing to see. It´ll just ask you to update.

Axel
6th May 2009, 05:15 PM
Nice fix :)

EDIT: Shame about the weapons pad. Hopefully there will be a fix for that soon :(

Lightlord
6th May 2009, 05:19 PM
Thats excellent news it was such an irritation taking a turn and then getting hit with that problem next thing you know you've hit the side whereas you would normally fly smoothly round, now all we need is bombs and mines not lasting forever (thats how it feels!) and some new tracks to play whether they be from previous wipeouts or brand new ones there all good.

Firedshot
6th May 2009, 05:20 PM
Well adleast with the jump everyone got it unlike this barrel role issuie, Hello fix please because it's still brocken!!!

Connavar
6th May 2009, 05:29 PM
Just did 4 races, BR works 100% and 0 freezes
This is officially the best game ever now :)

TorquedSoul
6th May 2009, 05:30 PM
OK ... I finally got the update.

I think some of the problems people are complaining about are due to lag ... particularly the weapons pad. There may no fix for that ... short of a peer to peer arrangement were the PS3 can be locally networked together ... which would be nice ... for say ... tournaments and such.

Synchronizing races all over the globe will always be a bit tricky.

Barrel rolls ... I dont know. Positional updates should not effect that.

TorquedSoul
6th May 2009, 05:31 PM
Just did 4 races, BR works 100% and 0 freezes
This is officially the best game ever now :)

I just downloaded the update a couple minutes ago ... I was still having problems with barrels before it ... it would be nice to see that fixed.

SaturnReturn
6th May 2009, 05:32 PM
I agree with IH8YOU - more feedback would be good. If there are issues, which there clearly are/were then addressing them would be nice. After all, this is a product we've paid for and in some ways could be considered damaged by the original vendor. I think it was in the complaints thread where we got the last piece of feedback which was essentially a big shrug in our general direction.

The freezes were actually less of a bother for me as the invite only setting tended to work, and I've mainly been online for doubles matches recently. But in general I'd say it was one of the biggest issues so it's great if it is now fixed.

If there are fixes on the way for broken ghosts offline, locked out accounts, the "eliminator mode" bug, everlasting mines, people starting races with weapons, duplicates of pilots' ships appearing in races, etc, then it would be cool to know about them.

Not that it makes a difference, but the corrupted ghost issue would be the one I'd like to see fixed next.

Constrictor
6th May 2009, 05:41 PM
Did ~10 races and the stutter's gone - some people joined during races and that did not have any effect on the fps. BR - I think it's still not working as it should be but that could also be a fault (incompetence) on my side. I also don't know of the everlasting - or too much mines - and/or bombs. Just raced w/ EGX and got stuck in the 2nd half of the field. There should be mines and bombs - and I use to pick them up. No complaints so far.

OBH
6th May 2009, 05:54 PM
I dont know if its just me, but have AGS been made stupidly tough? Every time one crashes into me from behind; somehow it pushes me onto its roof.

No wonder every room is full of them.

As for lag though, good job fixing that!

TheFrostE
6th May 2009, 06:18 PM
i will be on sooner or later tonight, depending on if the skatepark is open...so i will be recording races tonight , possibly hosting so look out for me if you want a chance to be in a future video :p

Darkdrium777
6th May 2009, 06:21 PM
I am unhappy to say that the Sebenco Reverse exploit is still there... :(
Paul, will it be fixed? Please answer. :(

d4onps
6th May 2009, 06:26 PM
I still can't connect, same message as before. So disheartening...

stinkleroy
6th May 2009, 06:27 PM
Well it did what it said on the tin....no micro freezes to report here. But BR's are still hit and miss and weapons pads out etc. Mines, bombs and rockets as prevailant as ever but still a bit of a smoother flight...so at least thats something.

SaturnReturn
6th May 2009, 06:55 PM
I had a couple of freezes early on. The first one was in my first race after logging on and updating. The others were on the start, although I'm not sure why it happened. Sometimes it's if you leave the chatbox too late but it wasn't that this time. Anyway, there were none later on in the session so that's good. It definitely hasn't any other issues as far as I can tell, but it wasn't intended to so that's fine.

Connavar
6th May 2009, 07:12 PM
Looks like I was lucky, BR is still a problem :-/
I'm having some trouble executing BR ... offline! (Single Races)

DividedXZero
6th May 2009, 09:09 PM
Well i'm just glad SL has been so attentive both to the game and the community. I've yet to DL the update, but hopefully it will be smoother flying from now on.

Thanks Paul and SL!

IH8YOU
6th May 2009, 09:24 PM
Connavar - it was exactly what you're experiencing which prompted me to delete Wipeout.

Online - a whole night of racing I was lagging 10+ seconds behind LAST PLACE in Flash rooms. Restarted, tried different rooms, ect... People would pull away from me like I wasn't pressing "X" (and I know about the sensitivity thing - it's set correctly) All over the place I was not getting whipped, I was getting destroyed.

Anyhow - as a sanity check, I did some SL and TT - even in those, I couldn't BR over 70% of the time - and I couldn't even get close to my average times - let alone best times.

So I deleted it all - downloaded Wipeout from PSN again (1.26) and I did NOT update. On my first attempt with Qirex (no longer have unlocked ships) I BEAT my all-time best TT on Sebenco Reverse. Ditto for Anulpha Pass, Ubermall.... On and on. ALL barrel rolls I could no longer pull off WORKED! Can't play online, because game isn't' up to date - but offline play is a complete polar shift for the better.

Going to continue to lurk here and see what you all uncover on 1.4 - I'll be playing 1.26 - and in a day or so, I'll update - so I can make a direct comparison from the "functional Wipeout" to the new one. Playing 1.3 - It got worse and worse - but I didn't notice it until I went back to 1.26 - and I'm not exaggerating - it's an entirely different game! It works - 100%.

Connavar
6th May 2009, 09:40 PM
Well that's strange as SL/TT work fine BR-wise, it's just single race + multiplayer.
So I guess it has something to do with the race itself, not the lag.
Still not having the freezes is a huge plus, congrats SL!

FatScarf
6th May 2009, 09:40 PM
IH8YOU why don't you get some of these issues, or maybe your whole version comparison experiment recorded, it'd help out SL a lot. Maybe certain issues people are having are rare and so the developers may find it hard to rectify them, so if anyone has problems and a camera handy it would be great to get some video evidence of these problems down.

IH8YOU
6th May 2009, 09:48 PM
I've got video evidence of my problems with 1.3 -- so long as you don't mind a lot of swearing i the background. :lol

Firedshot
6th May 2009, 09:59 PM
Lol that would be same as me since the update!

LOUDandPROUD
7th May 2009, 02:36 AM
Played for a couple of hours tonight and didn't experience a single glitch/microfreeze, so that was definitely nice. Nothing else seems to have changed though...inconsistent BR's, uber-rockets and tons of lingering mines and bombs still persist. Anyone test out spectator mode to see if it's any better? I forgot to...

KGB
7th May 2009, 04:14 AM
Connavar - it was exactly what you're experiencing which prompted me to delete Wipeout.

Online - a whole night of racing I was lagging 10+ seconds behind LAST PLACE in Flash rooms. Restarted, tried different rooms, ect... People would pull away from me like I wasn't pressing "X" (and I know about the sensitivity thing - it's set correctly) All over the place I was not getting whipped, I was getting destroyed.

Anyhow - as a sanity check, I did some SL and TT - even in those, I couldn't BR over 70% of the time - and I couldn't even get close to my average times - let alone best times.

So I deleted it all - downloaded Wipeout from PSN again (1.26) and I did NOT update. On my first attempt with Qirex (no longer have unlocked ships) I BEAT my all-time best TT on Sebenco Reverse. Ditto for Anulpha Pass, Ubermall.... On and on. ALL barrel rolls I could no longer pull off WORKED! Can't play online, because game isn't' up to date - but offline play is a complete polar shift for the better.

Going to continue to lurk here and see what you all uncover on 1.4 - I'll be playing 1.26 - and in a day or so, I'll update - so I can make a direct comparison from the "functional Wipeout" to the new one. Playing 1.3 - It got worse and worse - but I didn't notice it until I went back to 1.26 - and I'm not exaggerating - it's an entirely different game! It works - 100%.

Strange, i have been thinking for a while that my ship has been slow off the startline and at different times it seems crawl around the tracks. Might try this and see if it improves.

mic-dk
7th May 2009, 05:17 AM
It was overall a bit laggy yesterday, possibly due to all the players wanting to check out the patch. The microfreezes are gone which is a blessing, but for the first time yesterday I experienced multiple "Vista pads", even with a room full of europeans (ie in the same zone). It seemed to get worse while I was hosting, maybe it get's tired of the same host :)

silverfoxy
7th May 2009, 06:32 AM
Since the update I have been suffering from "vista" pads even more than before. Also 2-3 second delays on weapons showing up. The glitches have gone but I wasn't suffering too much from those.

I also had some bizarre experiences last night of going through mines and not being hit, of being shunted into mines despite no-one being near me and not always being to do BRs.

Will give it another try today as it could have been due to the busyness of the servers last night

Connavar
7th May 2009, 08:21 AM
The game is better overall, with microfreezes gone, BRs are easier to execute
than 1.30, but harder than 1.26. I don't mind bombs and mines staying on the
track, at least you get better at dodging and shooting obstacles, so I like
very much :)

I think we all agree that 1.40 is a very welcomed improvement, but we'd like
a 1.41 that fixes the BR during offline/online races (work fine in SL / TT here).

Vista pads are slightly annoying, but I can live with them!

Paul Tweedle
7th May 2009, 09:08 AM
Hi everyone,

Glad you're all enjoying stall-free races. I was online myself, along with some other members of the team, last night and enjoyed it thoroughly. I played against one or two of you but you're all much better at it than me. :frown:

Can I just take a second to assure you that we are continually working to improve WipEout HD and some of your concerns are genuine and we ARE looking into them. Barrel rolls for example, I can confirm is an area we think we can make some improvement. I'll try to keep you updated on this and other improvements we plan to make.

However, some issues are, unfortunately, simply down to internet lag.

One thing I forgot to mention on Tuesday was that we have done a little work to rectify a small issue with mines. Since V1.30, if a player dropped mines they would persist for twice as long on everyone else's machine as their own. This was fixed for V1.40 so now they last the same amount of time for every player. So you should see mines timing out correctly which should be easing the number of mines you were seeing clogging up the track. The V1.30 mines error was an oversight but I can assure you that nothing else has changed in terms of the weaponry since V1.26. To reiterate- the ONLY fixes in V1.40 are the stutter when someone joins a race/spectates and the mines timing issue.

Thanks,

Paul.

Vartazian
7th May 2009, 09:13 AM
AWESOME! Thanks for the Great Reply Paul!

IM completley satisfied with the customer service that has has been brought from SL on these issues. Thank you very much! Its great to know that I wont be having to worry about flying off course when I fly off the Apex of Chengou due to a micro Freeze.

The only thing I have a single complaint about is the Uber Rockets in this game They seem to have been pumped up Considerably since 1.2 and Are a Somewhat minor issue (I guess the solution is to not get hit) but I know a few people are stressed about it.

Thanks again Paul! The Customer Service is greatly appreciated!

FatScarf
7th May 2009, 09:50 AM
Much love paul ^-^

designer_79
7th May 2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks Paul, great job with the update! The retiming of the mines counts a lot towards a fair challenge on tracks.
Also I wanted to say that this way of communicating with the fanbase is highly appreciated and is something that SCEE better would make their habit too.

Thumbs up for a stutter-free gameplay :+

JJPAP
7th May 2009, 11:09 AM
the ONLY fixes in V1.40 are the stutter when someone joins a race/spectates and the mines timing issue.

And from the few couple of hours I played last night, it certainly seems to work :P
No micro-freezes at all. And, although it´s harder to be objective about, the mine-problem felt to be much more under control. Didn´t encounter the "Hello again, my deadly friend"-scenario - aka seeing the exact same mine on lap 3 and 4.
Big thanks for the info - much appreciated! :)

Darkdrium777
7th May 2009, 11:12 AM
The only thing I have a single complaint about is the Uber Rockets in this gameYes indeed. I have my doubts that nothing BUT the mines were changed in 1.30...
Rockets and Leech Beam. They work exactly the same offline as online. They both slow you down much more (Rockets it's just too much). And there is no such thing as lag offline. ;)
Someone hasn't been talking to you Paul I'm afraid.

stinkleroy
7th May 2009, 11:15 AM
Thank you for keeping us updated Paul, it's nice to hear that our concerns are being heard.

I do have to agree with the people who are saying rockets are ridiculously powerful these days...and also weapon randomisation...hmmmm well I was racing last night and I watched the person in front of me drop a set of mines, then a bomb, then another bomb, then more mines....luckily I managed to avoid them all but really - not very random IMO.

I have witnessed this time and time again and experienced pick ups like this myself. This does not make a fair or enjoyable game for anyone :(

Golgofier
7th May 2009, 11:20 AM
Someone from SL (Colin perhaps?) has already confirmed that rockets and leech beam have been tweaked as of 1.30.

Paul Tweedle
7th May 2009, 12:25 PM
Someone from SL (Colin perhaps?) has already confirmed that rockets and leech beam have been tweaked as of 1.30.

I'd be very interested in seeing that post if you can find it.

KIGO1987
7th May 2009, 12:31 PM
So hows the work on Pulse for PS2/PS3 going Paul??

eLhabib
7th May 2009, 12:36 PM
Noone has confirmed that the rocket and leechbeam have been changed with 1.3, but still the change was very obvious. Rockets have way more stopping power than before, and the leech beam now considerably slows down the leeched ship (it barely did before 1.3).

eLhabib
7th May 2009, 12:44 PM
sorry, double post :paperbag

JABBERJAW
7th May 2009, 12:52 PM
I wish walls would slow you down more, and weapons less, since walls are in the pilots control. Weapons should be more of a energy management thing, instead of management, and coming to a near complete stop hitting a mine field. The damage I think is too much, but could live with it if it didn't stop the ship near full, for the double whammy. I also wish a turbo would pull you away from the leach beam

Connavar
7th May 2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks a lot Paul, I must say I'm overly impressed by the support SL is offering;
communicating with the fans is the best way to improve the game and I think
you've made me a forever fan now!!

GREAT news that you're working on Barrel Rolls! :) :)

I have no idea how it works, but my guess is that some command input is not
always registered, so the LRL combination would be broken ... I say it because
I also noticed some other input issues (like I want to use an item and it doesn't
use it).

You know, people here are complaining (including me)... but that's because
the game is sooo close to perfection!
So here are a few more details, in case you get bored in the office :) :

- please make the game always warn you when a QUAKE comes, even if
the voice is already busy saying something like "perfect lap", "last lap"...
- show non-running games on top, and in another color as running games
- please decrease the energy loss due to collision with other ships
- please re-add the beep beep beep beep in Zone mode when you're about
to die, at least make it an option somewhere
- would be nice to be able to use the right stick to STEER, right now,
left-handeds are advantaged, this would be very useful in Zone especially

Thanks a lot!

OBH
7th May 2009, 01:02 PM
Im sorry to keep winging about it, but ship collision needs fixing. Getting bashed off track by AGs makes me go :blarg:cold:mad::eek:brickwall

As for the leech, i quite like how it slows you down, to be honest i miss the shocks it gave you in pure/pulse.

LOUDandPROUD
7th May 2009, 01:29 PM
Mr. Tweedle,

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping us posted on all things WOHD. It certainly makes your hardcore fans feel special. The changes brought about in 1.40 are fantastic and certainly made my gaming experience more enjoyable last night...very happy to hear that you're aware of and working on the barrel roll issue too!

It's been mentioned that no changes were made to any of the weaponry, though most of the pilots here feel there certainly has been changes. I think I can safely speak for most when I say that, since 1.30, rockets do more damage and pretty much grind you to a halt (don't like it), while the leech beam slows down the leeched craft more than it ever did before (like it). Lastly, while the mines timing issue may have been resolved (yay!), the frequency in which you get them from weapon pads (bombs too) still seems much higher than it ever was in 1.26. All I can say is that I never experienced an encounter with 3 full strips of mines (or several bombs) bunched closely together on a track pre-1.30, but that type of thing is a regular occurrence now.

Again, thanks a ton for keeping us informed, for the 1.40 improvements, and for all future improvements (and DLC :P ) !

Jason
A.K.A LOUDandPROUD

JJohnEames
7th May 2009, 01:50 PM
Just updated today and im pleased so far ;). I would also like to thank Paul and Colin for keeping us up to date. I argee with LandP, makes me feel special :clap

Axel
7th May 2009, 01:51 PM
The damage you receive from bashing other ships needs to be toned down a bit. Also getting knocked about by feeble AG and Assegai crafts when i'm in a Auricom is dumb :(

I'm happy that BR's arn't working!!! It means I actually win more races :P

But TBH i have had no problems apart from the Vista pads (Why are they called Vista pads?)

DividedXZero
7th May 2009, 01:53 PM
Indeed as it's been continuously stated in this thread..
Thank you Paul and everyone at SL, we greatly appreciate the support!

I will agree on the following:
-Rockets do cause severe slow down from my experience(hopefully will be balanced out)

-Random weapons go through phases, sometimes its "random" other times mines and bombs dominate.

-Damage from ship collision is frustrating. Also, the outcome of two ships colliding..is that random? (i often feel unfairly banged around by lighter ship)

-Nice touch on the leach beam slow down! ;)

**Great to hear the Barrel roll issue being addressed.

mic-dk
7th May 2009, 02:01 PM
(Why are they called Vista pads?)

KIGO coined the term *points down under* for the pads lighting up, but not actually giving you anything when you fly over them. Or just fail completely for an entire race.

All show, no go - like Windows Vista ;)

TorquedSoul
7th May 2009, 02:06 PM
KIGO coined the term *points down under* for the pads lighting up, but not actually giving you anything when you fly over them. Or just fail completely for an entire race.

:lol:

Rubix42
7th May 2009, 02:25 PM
Thanks SL for a good patch update, smooth sailing in the races I did yesterday.

Looking forward to whatever you're cooking up for future Wipeout goodness (DLC or new game please:P )

Axel
7th May 2009, 02:38 PM

Lovely :)

silverfoxy
7th May 2009, 02:39 PM
For me Version 1.40 is worse than 1.30 :frown:

I didn't have many glitches or micro-freezes before but I could live with them.

Now, I've done races where 8 out of 10 weapon pads in a race weren't working (i was leading at the time so others couldn't have had them), i've been kicked out of races halfway round due to network errors (never had this before) and these are all with EU hosts where I've never had issues.

RJ O'Connell
7th May 2009, 03:46 PM
(in before people complain tomorrow that the game's even more broken....j/k)
So....uh, where do I claim my prize?

TaroBarkhan
7th May 2009, 03:53 PM
@RJ
(imagine a fanfare) ...... :cake

Well done, Congratulations. You surely deserve the prize.

SaturnReturn
7th May 2009, 05:39 PM
I suspect (hope) the more frequent broken pads are just to do with the servers being so busy after the update. I'm glad to hear the admission about the mines though - always knew there was something wrong with them. This is the kind of news I, and several others, have been waiting on for a while now. It puts us at ease that the issues are recognised and are being worked on, which is good. We can all stop thinking we're going (more:blarg) crazy now. Yay!

Connavar
7th May 2009, 05:44 PM
Mines are great though... it's so satisfying navigating into a forest of mines
/ bombs and then adding your own :D.
Then I imagine the face of the pilot behind me haha!

RedScar
7th May 2009, 05:48 PM
Great work SL, racing yesterday and no lag jitters and no dead weapon pads over an hour of straight racing. Now just hit us with some DLC already :P

RJ O'Connell
7th May 2009, 05:52 PM
Normally I'm not the biggest cynic here, in fact I hate when the community gets cynical about the game, but I guess I should buy a weaker type of broadband so I can lag more and ram harder, hell, everyone else playing online is doing it :-

SaturnReturn
7th May 2009, 05:56 PM
It's true. Pretty much everyone is doing it. So I don't think you need to change your connection.

TheFrostE
7th May 2009, 06:00 PM
i feel like i handicapped myself by getting a brand new cable internet setup here, because now i cant ram people off the track every 5 seconds like the guys overseas do >_> but ive got lots of footage coming soon of some good racing, and of some ramming so others can see what they do to me! haha :p.

anyways, back on track, im happy 1.4 was released. it fixed some really annoying stuff, once the BRs a re fixed ill willl be a super happy camper...until then, keep the updates coming SL!

RJ O'Connell
7th May 2009, 06:11 PM
Other than my anger with people that take advantage of lousy connections, 1.4 is great, I noticed the BR animation feels much, much slower, other than that there's no major changes.

TheFrostE
7th May 2009, 06:14 PM
i like doing barrel rolls just as im about to land ...thanks 1.3/1.4 :+

RJ O'Connell
7th May 2009, 06:18 PM
Does anyone else using the analog stick have issues with BRs...all...two of you?

TheFrostE
7th May 2009, 06:24 PM
i am D pad loyal for HD and most all other wipeouts...but since the BR troubles in HD i have been experimenting with using the analog stick just for doing BRs and it seems to work better...wonder how the motion sensing BRs are doing

Feisar31
7th May 2009, 07:50 PM
Another big thank you to the SL team for the 1.40 patch! The glitches are gone :g; however I did see a tiny bit of slowdown (from lag) once, possibly due to two players joining a race in progress. Thankfully, the weapons pad lag seems to be back to the way it was: if you're not going to get a weapon, the pad will be dark. I prefer that to 1.3, where I would often go over lit up pads and get nothing. Barrel rolls are still problematic sometimes (I use the analog stick).

And while we're on the subject, I've been frustrated with the ship collisions for a long time as well. ;) Even more than the damage, I would like to see a change to the way the collisions are handled--for the next Wipeout game if not for this one.

Constrictor
7th May 2009, 09:17 PM
I prefer that to 1.3, where I would often go over lit up pads and get nothing.

Just for the sake of confusion: I never experienced lit vista pads in 1.3 - today got that w/ 1.4 when hosting some races.

eLhabib
7th May 2009, 10:28 PM
What the hell.
Today marks the first time I've actually rage-quit wipEout (after the race was finished, mind you...) - seriously, 1.4 has now finally f-u-c-k-e-d the game for me too.

Granted, the stutters are gone, but the rest is a complete mess.
I've had 1 race on Chenghou R where I was getting only shields and quakes on every pad! Had about 20 quakes during the whole race! Unfortunately (or fortunately for everyone else) I was in front! So the randomness of the weapon pads is definitely broken.

Also, today for the first time I was not able to pull off BRs even though I wiggled the damn stick at least 4 or 5 times as many as needed for a BR (big jump on Chenghou, boost jump on Ubermall, plenty of time). Never had that before, not even when everyone was complaining about it in 1.3.

And then what THE HELL did they do to AG-SYS?!?!?! They've made it even stronger?! Are you effin kidding me? I've had numerous bumps with AG-SYS tonight, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them ended with me being thrown completely off my line, more often than not helplessly dragged into a wall, while the AG-SYS seemed to even profit from the contact, overtaking other ships in the process! Can you say uber-ship?! SL definitely need to fix this!

As for me, I refuse to do any more weapons on races in the near future, this is just BULL.

habib angry.

blackwiggle
7th May 2009, 11:52 PM
I had a partial race last night [I quit because there seemed no point carrying on] where NOT ONE weapon pad worked for the first lap and a half.
Ubermall,got turbo start and ahead,run over one of the pair of weapon/speed combo-nothing,still ahead run over lone weapon pad-nothing,turn right, run over weapon pad-nothing,first over chicane run over weapon pad-nothing,going around right over weapon pad -nothing,right left combo onto home straight run over both weapon pads -nothing.
Lap two still ahead,run over pair of speed weapon pads OH what's this I actually got one -Don't be stupid- I get the sound that you do when you are supposed to get weapons -BUT NO WEAPON,still ahead [a rockets flys passed me -they are working,why not for me?] run over lone weapon pad -NOTHING.

Then the rest of the field had caught me up,got missiled ,shoved,mined and bombed -shield energy 7 .
No weapon pads available,let alone,FUNCTIONAL.

Quit race in disgust.

I can report that there were also no glitches during the time I spent online,but I'm with elhabib on this one.
And while AG-Systems might be causing problems for him when they bash into him,the handling response of the craft differs [a lot stiffer and less responsive] the vast majority of the time,this has been the case since 1.30.
So have the even increasing amount of game freezing,that now happens at the drop of a hat.
That never used to be the case prior to the 1.30 patch.

d4onps
8th May 2009, 12:22 AM
yeah i believe i was racing with you blackwiggle and was experiencing the same issues until i was finally just disconnected from the account i thought was working now...

NeilSmith
8th May 2009, 01:02 AM
Hehe, as much as I hate saying it I also noticed some of the stuff that people have complained about with the 1.40 patch.

* Weapon pads seems to be broken more often even though I don't have any connection problems and playing vs people close to me
* Collisions with AG-Systems really sends my Harimau\Assegai flying
* Crashing into either side of the finish line wall at Phantom speed sent my craft flying straight up, also made me loose my nr 1 spot. This might be random though, and not only a 1.40 issue, wish I had a video of it.

Apart from that, the game is alot more playable now that the stuttering has gone away :)

hn9354
8th May 2009, 01:42 AM
Thank you for Paul.

I want to ask Paul a one question. I have a US version and Japanese version,
but I usually play in US versions(v1.40). However, the friend having a
Japanese version is v1.30. Is there the update plan for Japanese version?
Or is it a problem of the SCEJ?

IH8YOU
8th May 2009, 02:21 AM
More about weapons changes...

At first I thought it was in my head - but today I played 1.26 then immediately updated to 1.4 and played the same tracks / classes.

Apart from the timing / persistence - mines are physically bigger and/or their blast radius has increased. I played a track on 1.26 and had mines dropped in front of me - then on the same track in 1.4 - WOW it was obvious - they actually are a bit larger, and definitely harder to avoid.

Rockets do hit harder in 1.4 - but they also hit wider - as they have a wider "kill zone" - then earlier on. (easier to hit a target)

Outside of weapons - side-shifting seemed to have a larger effect - in 1.4 it seemed to be a smaller shift. Either that, or the side-shifting was more responsive earlier?

BRs - we all already know - but if you want to appreciate how easy they are - take a stroll down memory lane. ;)

JABBERJAW
8th May 2009, 04:41 AM
I am starting to see much more here now, what is happening that is. It is NOT a barrel roll problem. I generally have been playing tt alot before going online, and have always done so. When the game first came out, I could switch fairly easily, however there were slight differences, where the handling seemed to MISS inputs sometimes, not just barrel rolls, but turning and braking. This was so minor though, that there was really no problem at all. I have played 1.3, and now 1.4 enough now to see, that there are much larger sections of time now, where the inputs DO NOT WORK. You can overcome this, most of the time, but sometimes have you ever gone around a corner, braked, then double tapped, as you always do on that turn, go through the turn in the middle normally, BUT THIS TIME you are just riding the wall, for really no apparent reason,then oversteering to get back where you belong, because the cpu has caught up, and is trying to perform your last 3 movements, it almost feels like AUTO ASSIST has kicked in slightly. I am thinking this is lag. The cpu cannot keep up with the action with the additional content (which I still believe is spectator). this is also why I believe weapon pads are not working ALOT of the time now, and barrel rolls are roughly 35% of what I can do in TT. This is not as fun as before, PLEASE get rid of spectator, or at the very least the option to not allow people to join mid race or something. I believe the reason barrel rolls are affected the most, is because it is a 3 movement thing. IF it misses one, it is back to square one, and it also seems that if you do it too fast, it doesn't work at all sometimes, even if you did the l-r-l five times, it still doesn't work. I have noticed that slowing down the BR on big jumps allows for very high percentage success, but all the small jumps you cannot do this.. sideshift is not affected as much, because you sometimes just hammer on the button, and it is always the same button, so if the cpu misses an input, it gets the next one.. In short, There are all of these problems that seem different, but it is really all the same problem.

What I would do:

1) Keep lap amount option
2) keep assist option
3) add a time trial race, this way people can race eachother without all the other stuff going on, and the game will probably run smoother and still get a turbo per lap. This was fantastic in wipeout pure.
4) Weapons slow you down way too much, one good hit, you lose if the other person race well, no matter what you do. the entire race is about the battle, not about the driving skill of the racer. I was riding the wall like an ass tonight in one race against blackwiggle, he was doing fine, stayed close enough because it hardly slowed me down, and hit him with a quake, and won. He should have easily won that race. I know this could be tweaked. Heck, the weapons keep changing for whatever reason, so why not this?
5) take spectator mode out and burn it. I don't want all of my races to have to be invite only. good idea, but it is not working in the game.

I was racing blackwiggle tonight, what the hell with the ag sys. I was getting pounded all over the track by this ship, even though I was using the same thing. It seems like maybe the cpu is making the ship behave like assist is on for his ship, even though it was not. It was like hitting an autopilot ship in xl.

AG-wolf
8th May 2009, 06:02 AM
lol i haven't even downloaded 1.4 yet, and I don't think I'm gonna bother. WOHD seems to be turning into a joke, it's sucking more and more at every turn.

I've gotta sit down and practice for the tourney at Al's place in june, so I'm gonna spend time playing the older games for a while... you know, the ones that were actually good?

blackwiggle
8th May 2009, 06:20 AM
We must of raced at least 30-40 Chenghou reverse races.

70% of the time my AG handled fine [Well it was only the 2 of us racing]
The other 30% my craft felt to pilot,just how it must of looked to you ,[Semi Autopilot]
A weird "Not quite in full control"or "Stiffness" type handling,I tried to adjust for it but cornering was usually late due to a slowness of the controls to respond.

It's almost like a Front Side Bus bottleneck you can suffer on a computer.

I'm starting to wonder if people like me who remap their air brakes from L2 R2 Analogue to L1 R1 Digital, and, likewise use the D-Pad digital V's Stick Analogue are the ones who tend to suffer this problem more.

I couldn't in all honesty test this, as my prowess using the stick is far less than equal to when I use the D-Pad,and my hands cramp up when using L2R2 for the Air brakes.

AG-WOLF
1.40 fixes the glitches,that's great,but that's all it fixes,these problems [and others] that Al and I are describing are caused by/since the 1.30 patch.
They didn't exist before then,well not to the magnitude they do now.

Darkdrium777
8th May 2009, 06:27 AM
1.4 is better. It solves the lag online. Doesn't solve ramming, but w/e.

Constrictor
8th May 2009, 06:50 AM
Just to let SL know that in times when WOHD (1.4) bashing seems to increase (no offence here!) I'll still play this game online. Even that there are annoying things in WO I try to adjust to it. So plz do not stop your efforts to address the 'issues' and keep the franchise living - and I'm really looking forward to the DLC.

Vartazian
8th May 2009, 07:00 AM
Agreed. SL can only adress so many issues at once. and of all of them the Micro freezes seem to have been causing the most problems with our racers on WOZ. They already addressed the BR problem and stated they are trying to fix it.

These things take time. Dont lose heart in SL and Wipeout HD!

Frances_Penfold
8th May 2009, 07:55 AM
I'm not active on WOHD at the moment but having read through this and similar threads, I wanted to comment...

While it's cool that modern consoles allow digital distribution of patches and updates to games... and I really am appreciative of SL's continued involvement with WOHD... I would probably prefer the "old school" style where the final released version is the final released version, period.

Maybe it's not a big deal for RPGs or adventure games, but for games like WOHD.... games are really pushing the hardware, and where a small bit of lag and framerate-drop seem to strongly affect control... it doesn't seem worth it, to me.

Maybe I'm overly pessimistic and perhaps everything with WOHD will be sorted out quickly though :)

Connavar
8th May 2009, 08:55 AM
JABBERJAW: we got the same conclusion, that the game is missing inputs,
actually I originally said this when 1.30 was released.

CPU might be overloaded or framerate going down, then the game skips some
inputs to keep the framerate, no idea how it works, but: it also happens
OFFLINE, try a few Single Races and you'll see.

Golgofier
8th May 2009, 09:46 AM
I'd be very interested in seeing that post if you can find it.

Indeed, I seem to be mistaken. Been searching for the post I thought I had seen (in my mind) but since I cant find it... :P Sorry about that

However, the weapon changes are obvious. No doubt, the rockets grind you to a halt for much longer, the leech beam is now actually useful, mines have a brighter glow etc. I like most of the changes though, except for the rockets.

zeeZ
8th May 2009, 10:26 AM
The leech beam is a real sucker now :lol
I was boosting while being leeched and the contender still managed to zoom past me!

Colin Berry
8th May 2009, 10:38 AM

That is 100% NOT TRUE.

Please do not casually speculate things you thought someone said, it is irresponsible and it is really annoying when you take the time to post and speak to people and then someone goes and completely makes something up.

Wip3ou7
8th May 2009, 11:12 AM
Any chance this patch fixed the problem with the people who were "randomly banned" from the online game (for lack of a better description)?

Golgofier
8th May 2009, 12:22 PM
That is 100% NOT TRUE.

Please do not casually speculate things you thought someone said, it is irresponsible and it is really annoying when you take the time to post and speak to people and then someone goes and completely makes something up.

Yes, like I wrote a few posts up, I must have been mistaken and I sincerely apologize for not looking this up properly before posting.
I was convinced I had read a post, either here or on the playstation blog, where someone from SL or SCEE confirmed these changes.
I dont make a habit of stating things "on a whim" so this is a lapse in judgement on my part.
Its great that you guys are taking the time to speak to fans in these forums so, again - sorry and do keep up the good work!

LOUDandPROUD
8th May 2009, 12:58 PM
I played a track on 1.26 and had mines dropped in front of me - then on the same track in 1.4 - WOW it was obvious - they actually are a bit larger, and definitely harder to avoid.

Wow! I'm not crazy after all! Seriously though, I had always thought that the reason they seemed bigger to me was because they were brighter and easier to see (I had reported on them appearing to be brighter/easier to see right after my first experience with 1.30), but, based on the comparison you did, it's actually the other way around...they appear to be brighter and easier to see because they are bigger! Thanks for the comparison...you're shedding some new light on all this! :+

Very curious to hear what Paul Tweedle has to say about this...

Also, I got around to trying out spectator mode again last night, to see if it had been improved/fixed with 1.40, but nope...it's still completely useless. Either they need to make it work as it should (i.e. watching someone race in spectator mode should be just like watching yourself race) or just go ahead and remove it.

AG-wolf
8th May 2009, 02:16 PM
AG-WOLF
1.40 fixes the glitches,that's great,but that's all it fixes,these problems [and others] that Al and I are describing are caused by/since the 1.30 patch.
They didn't exist before then,well not to the magnitude they do now.

Point is, ever since the 1.30 patch, this game has been a pile of garbage. For all the issues I've encountered personally, as well as what people have talked about, I call shenanigans on Colin's claim that only X, Y, and Z were changed because SL liked the game as it was too. Mines are DEFINITELY different, all weapons bring your ship to a stand-still, whether handling tweaks were made or not- the ships DEFINITELY handle differently in online mode, etc etc. It's not worth pissing and moaning about it because chances are none of this will be fixed.

Agreed. SL can only adress so many issues at once. and of all of them the Micro freezes seem to have been causing the most problems with our racers on WOZ. They already addressed the BR problem and stated they are trying to fix it.

These things take time. Dont lose heart in SL and Wipeout HD!
If they can only address/fix so many issues at once, how the f*** did they rape nearly every aspect of the game all at the same time? I "lost heart" in SL the moment Fusion came out for PS2, and every wipeout game has been downhill since then. I genuinely enjoyed Fusion more than HD at least... maybe only because I hadn't yet played XL, 64, and 3 into the ground.

crawdad62
8th May 2009, 02:22 PM
They're bigger, there's more of them (not more from the one pickup but more being placed) and they absolutely stop me completely most of the time. A few nights ago I was racing on Chenghou and on the last lap I was in second and all I heard and saw was mines, mines, mines, mines. There's no way the first place racer pickup that many mines. There wasn't even the opportunity to pickup that many weapons let alone all of them being mines and there was quite a big margin between me and third so I can't believe they were dropped the lap earlier. I even IM'ed the guy that won to congratulate him and mentioned it about having to dodge all those mines. He didn't lay them.

djKyoto
8th May 2009, 03:01 PM
Wipeout Business is srs Business.

I don't let these 'issues' get to me, whatever they are. I have no problem other than the odd Vista Pad.

AG-S feels the same as always.

Keep it up SL.

blackwiggle
8th May 2009, 03:18 PM
djKyoto, you use the stick and L2R2 air brake controls don't you?

RJ O'Connell
8th May 2009, 03:54 PM
If they can only address/fix so many issues at once, how the f*** did they rape nearly every aspect of the game all at the same time? I "lost heart" in SL the moment Fusion came out for PS2, and every wipeout game has been downhill since then. I genuinely enjoyed Fusion more than HD at least... maybe only because I hadn't yet played XL, 64, and 3 into the ground.
Then you're free to leave us alone and discuss the older games...

stinkleroy
8th May 2009, 04:00 PM
Ooooh that's a bit harsh RJ...:?

KIGO1987
8th May 2009, 04:35 PM
Wipeout Business is srs Business.

I don't let these 'issues' get to me, whatever they are. I have no problem other than the odd Vista Pad.

AG-S feels the same as always.

Keep it up SL.

Well i am not okay with the odd Vista pad

In fact the 'issues' of the odd Vista Pad, i am completely f u c king tierd of it. It is ruining the game.

Online IS different, cause Icarus steers like complete s h i t online. I have Kanar's opinion to back me up on that one too. Its IS heavy as f u c k.

kanar
8th May 2009, 05:10 PM
lol mate. Bad times online for Icaras pilots these days. For sure these changes/issues in the online universe drived us crazy; Cambodia, vista pads, strange lag in the inputs for d-pad users, BR not working... But hey, we love this game. And we're a strong community, we'll continue to play this game, offline for pure pleasure & online to join our friends from all over the world. I just hope things will get better soon. And thank you Mr Paul Tweedle & Mr Colin Berry for your posts here.

KIGO1987
8th May 2009, 05:24 PM
Dito.

I will continue to play Wipeout, just offline, not online, im very addicted to it, so addicted to the game, that i have not purchased any new PS3 game since Wipeout in Q3 of last year. Thats dedication. I love playing the Pulse tracks on Wipeout HD over and over again, with different, Dance, Electro and Trance songs. Maybe cause i have OCD or something, not sure.

Ive also noticed that online, the f u c k ing BRs are not working, i shall call them "Windows BarrelRolls", bulls h i t response for DPAD users, team them along with Vista pads, and you might have a broken Sixaxis/DS3 controller at the end of the day. But by months end i might have a faster net connection, so hopefully these issues might, i emphasize might be gone soon:|

Golgofier
8th May 2009, 05:25 PM
Yeah, the occasional "vista pads" are definitely irritating. This occurred pre 1.30 as well but it does seem to be much more common now.
Some pads not lighting up at all is also more likely to happen now, seems like almost every other race some pads are just broken from the start.

Edit:
@Kigo: although vista pads may be down to internet lag, I got a very fast and stable connection (100mbit/s) through our student campus ISP...

SaturnReturn
8th May 2009, 05:36 PM
I think anyone who plays the game regularly will be able to confirm that rockets do have way mroe stopping power now, as does leech beam, that mines do appear bigger and brighter etc. These are things that I think can only be an issue with programming and seem unnecessary, but wouldn't on their own be too annoying if it weren't for all the other stuff.

I have noticed an abundance of quakes in several sessions since 1.40. In one session I think it averaged about 3 or 4 quakes per race. But I'm not sure if there are more than 1.26. I think actually after 1.30 there were less quakes. For example, in our doubles match against Luxo and Wotan, I noted at the time that I think I only had 1 quake in the entire session. That's 1 quake in 16 races. This could, in some ways, be backed up by the mines issue. If there were less quakes then mines would be cleared far less. Coupled with the mines lasting too long, it would explain a lot, if it were true. The quake thing could just be fluke though.

I've had one or two sessions where weapon pads barely worked at all. But I've also had them where they work fairly well. I'm not convinced that's an issue that can be fixed with any patch.

I always felt like 1.26 was a very polished game with one or two minor bugs that could have been fixed and it would have been perfect.

I'm thinking the best option when it is unplayable might be to get on the chatbox, and arrange rooms of 4 or 5, 6 max, invite only. As doubles matches are 4 player and problems are far less frequent.

LOUDandPROUD
8th May 2009, 05:48 PM
I agree with all of your quake thoughts/observations. I definitely experienced an abnormally high amount of them while racing last night...

KIGO1987
8th May 2009, 05:50 PM
Yes i do believe that it is down to net issue in some parts. The more than occasional Vista pad is very irritating here.

This is what i believe:

D-PAD issues [Patch issue]

Cambodia [Just a completely insane race, no real error there]

Micro Freezes [Patch issue]

Ultra Heavy Ships [Patch, Connection speed issue]

Vista Pads [Connection speed issues]

Windows BRs [Connection speed issues]

I think there is enough of these to create a thread here.

stinkleroy
8th May 2009, 06:08 PM
Windows BR's haha Kigo :lol

Yep am experiencing a hell of a lot of quakes in races...think I counted 6 in one race today :o

JABBERJAW
8th May 2009, 06:15 PM
kigo, It is like that with ag as well, I don't think it is heavy ships, I think it is just not registering the turn/and or brake inputs. My ag riding the damn outside wall around the easiest turn sometimes. Very frustrating.

the bottom line here is though, and I do agree with many of ag wolf's comments, is that when the game first came out, minor bugs, that was it, it played very nicely online, and was very close to tt mode in feel. right now it is NO where close to that. It is not fun, knowing that I cannot put a good line in on a race due to input lags before the race even begins. It is not fun knowing that I cannot get the brs where I normally can do them with ease. It is not fun knowing that someone piloting a ship with assist off, somehow is acting on my screen like it is on, pushing me all over the track, wrecking my race. It is especially not fun knowing how fun it was when it first came out. I would suggest a downgrade to 1.26 until all of these issues are resolved, and if they cannot be, that is ok, I would rather have it play smoothly and have less options. Or at the very least, make link/lan a possibility so we can play head to head in the same room at 1.26.

KIGO1987
8th May 2009, 06:16 PM
Well Microsoft Windows Vista has inspired me into new but very true sayings.

Vista Pads [Because the Weapon pads are 'Non Responsive']
and
Window BRs [Because they have also a habit of becoming non responsive to master response as well]

Yeah there is a few quakes going around these days.

We have two sayings now:

CAMBODIA [From all the excess mines and bombs on the track]
and also

"Banda Aceh" [From all those random quakes going around causing Tsunamis]

crawdad62
8th May 2009, 06:35 PM
I'm starting to have all kinds of trouble since 1.40. I enter a room then the race will start to load and the progress bar freezes right at the end and I hear the background audio but it won't go any farther. It's a hard freeze too. I can't just quit the game. I have to reboot the PS3 to get out. Happened once last night but I just got on and it happened a bunch today.

DividedXZero
8th May 2009, 06:48 PM
Havent had crashes of that nature, just a freeze and no audio to go with it. Last night for a 1st time i was stuck in a loop on the will show results in "x seconds". There was no time displayed and it just sat there with my ship on autopilot in the background and seeing the time results but no podium.

--Good racing lastnight Crawdad62, i was going to join your room but you took it down before i could get in.

JABBERJAW
8th May 2009, 07:04 PM
not sure if I can get to it, but I am very curious of this "auto assist" off option. It seems, that this may be the culprit for other ships behaving as though it is on. Very weird, because this is not an input issue, just very bizzarre. Blackwiggle, you said if felt like your ship was on autopilot sometimes? did it only occur when you were bashing my brains in with the ship :) We both had ag sys. did it ever seem that I had auto assist on as well? There were a few times now that I am thinking about it, where i thought that I had assist on, but only very a second or so. Could anyone test this, where you leave the auto assist option ON, then see if there are any problems for the time you are playing?

crawdad62
8th May 2009, 07:27 PM
--Good racing lastnight Crawdad62, i was going to join your room but you took it down before i could get in.

You too. I saw your invite today. Sorry I missed it but I sent you a friends request.

As for the freeze you're saying that even though you're froze out of the race your ship is in the race itself? I hear the audio but it isn't the race. It's the roaring sound that occurs when everyone's at the line. But I don't hear the countdown. I've never stayed long enough to see what happens. I just reboot the PS3.

DividedXZero
8th May 2009, 07:37 PM
As for the freeze you're saying that even though you're froze out of the race your ship is in the race itself?

The race was over and i could see the "transparent white" screen that shows your time and finishing position, and normally it would say at the top "Viewing Results in: x seconds".

But there was not seconds displayed so i just sat there looking at the times waiting for the podium screen to be displayed. (but the game still runs in the bkg once you finish the race)

ProblemSolver
8th May 2009, 07:37 PM
- please re-add the beep beep beep beep in Zone mode when you're about
to die, at least make it an option somewhere
- would be nice to be able to use the right stick to STEER, right now,
left-handeds are advantaged, this would be very useful in Zone especially ...
Fully signed. :nod

Additionally
- would be nice to be able to use the right stick to PITCH

Pitching the zone craft with the right stick would definitely increase
stability control in order of magnitudes. Please do it. It takes nothing to
implement it. Please.

ProblemSolver
8th May 2009, 08:28 PM
... To reiterate- the ONLY fixes in V1.40 are the stutter when someone joins a race/spectates and the mines timing issue.
And you also fixed those Lemmings (http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/7202/wohd20090408224224.jpg) out of the SUPERSONIC color scheme! :clap
LOL Nice joke from patch 1.30. I have do admit, I was irritated by these
Lemmings. But now everything runs as smooth as before. As a result, I could
incease my perfect zones by 7 (to a 92) on ANULPHA PASS. xD

But now to the real deal.
Why do we have to life with the 1006-zones-glitch on ANULPHA PASS (ZONE)
for over 5 month now? Tell me! Today I was told that SL doesn't know
about how it works. LOL That is wrong! Back in January I contacted SL (can't
talk about who I was talking to, but if you send me a PN, then I will give
you two valid email adr. and a name of a person everybody knows at SL very,
very well). I've sent a full bug-report on how the glitch works. I actually
sent that report two times. And what? Noooooooothing.

Here is the original thread about the 1006 zones issue; cheating the ZONE (http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5606).
And, I can assure you that an official high bird from SL had read the
given thread.

I will now make a final try, with the help of Darkdrium777, to make you
(Paul) aware of the issue. I will send you and Darkdrium777 a PN on how the
glitch works and Darkdrium777 will additionally send you a video.

You have one month....

(;))

qirex
8th May 2009, 09:01 PM
Additionally
- would be nice to be able to use the right stick to PITCH

while you're at useful suggestion for the controller settings:
would be nice to configure air breaks / side shift separately.
like breaks on R2/L2 and shift on R1/L1.

otherwise thanks for the quick fix to the SL hd addon/support team.

You have one month....

you probably don't know how difficult stuff
like such a glitch is reproduce and fix.
but would be nice to filter out the obliviously
glitched times/scores.

ProblemSolver
8th May 2009, 09:09 PM
you probably don't know how difficult stuff
like such a glitch is reproduce and fix.
but would be nice to filter out the obliviously
glitched times/scores.
I know it -- I'm a developer myself. Anyways, everything is in place to
fix that problem within hours. I can even provide a solution on how to
fix it, if necessary.

Btw; There was a reason for the smiley. ;)

IH8YOU
8th May 2009, 09:16 PM
Ahhh - the chips all fall into place. Now I understand how Problemsolver hits those Zones - you're one of "those" people.

Programmers are always a "different" bunch. ;)

ProblemSolver
8th May 2009, 09:56 PM
xD

Na ... I'm a mathematician who also spends a lot of time in developing and
implementing mathematical approximations schemes for fluid-flow simulation.
I'm a lot into C/C++ and Assembler as well (even on the Cell/B.E. processor).

I would love to have an 3d model of the zone craft to compute the shock
waves at mach 1 (zone 60). That should give some pretty decent pictures.

And, why not adding (fake) shock waves to the zone craft once it hits
mach 1? Shock waves are visible because the higher air density (at the
shock front) bends the light to some degree.

crawdad62
8th May 2009, 10:16 PM
I can even provide a solution on how to
fix it, if necessary.

If you couldn't I'd be disappointed. You're the ProblemSolver after all.:p

Oh and I'm curious. Do you search the term zone all the time? It's amazing whenever I see a thread that mentions the Zone portion of WipeoutHD you're name shows up right in the next post. It's like you're Batman!

ProblemSolver
8th May 2009, 11:03 PM
... Oh and I'm curious. Do you search the term zone all the time?
I never search. It attracts me by nature.

It's amazing whenever I see a thread that mentions the Zone portion of WipeoutHD you're name shows up right in the next post. It's like you're Batman!
o'rly? xD

Man, you can't imagine how I luv dat mode.

Darkdrium777
8th May 2009, 11:37 PM
I've filmed the video, uploading right now I'll send it in about 15-30 minutes hopefully if everything goes right.

djKyoto
9th May 2009, 08:08 AM
djKyoto, you use the stick and L2R2 air brake controls don't you?

One controller yes, one half WP-induced-broken controller, no.

HISHO[JP]
9th May 2009, 11:34 AM
1.40 update is not available in Japan yet.

JP users report freezes in online (maybe between 1.40 players).

Please release the update for JP quickly!

JABBERJAW
9th May 2009, 01:15 PM
Hisho, you don't want it.

Played last night. The inputs I was putting in were registering about one seoond or sometimes more too late, making the game feel like auto assist was going on. This was the worst night of HD yet gameplay wise. All the usual stuff was in there like br's not working. ship getting jammed around while other ships go straight as an arrow. It gets so bad, I started playing even worse. Noticed yesterday one mine bringing me to a dead stop. ONE. super weapon here. Have to play completely diffferent from offline on turns due to input lap, jamming brake to get that ****ing sideshift to work in advance, BUT THEN HERE IS THE CATCH, sometimes it works on time, and just turn straight into the wall on a ****ing straightaway since I was trying to anticipate the lag. What a bundle of joy. Played some one on one with travis later, and that was better control wise, of course barring the BRs working 20% of the time, at least I could steer.

COMPLAINING about complainers: There is a reason people are really ****ing pissed here. It may not be happening on some peoples games, but rest assuredly, it is definitely happening on mine, and Ih8you's, ag wolf, and others. The reason for the extreme complaining, IS we are sitting down at night to have a fun time with a game, a game that we all "LOVED" to play. Maybe we are coming home from work and have been looking foward to just sitting, relaxing, and playing a little wipeout, or maybe our kids just went to bed, and we finally have a chance to play after a few nights of not getting a chance to play. Whatever the reason, we are sitting down to have a good time with our favorite series. At this point, the way to play is HD, since everyone is playing that version. We remember when the game first came out, and while the game had a few bugs, there were very few if any major problems. I could go straight to a Multi race (even with 8 players) and get a good race right off the bat, or at least the controls were doing what I asked them to do, so if I lost, it was my fault, or weapons. NOT some randon not working bug that seems to be at every other turn. We keep playing, in hopes that the next game will be better, and we will race better, but we know deep down that is not going to happen, but we try anyway, only to get worse and worse due to the frustration. /the only hope now when it is playing like this, is to get into first place and have noone else on you screen, and then sometimes it plays ok, or play one on one (although this still doesn't play as good as even 8 players used to). wE HOPE every time we turn on that system that it will be back to the good "old days" before 1.30.

I AM BEGGING FOR SL TO PUT THIS BACK HOW IT WAS at the very least give a link option so we can play in 1.26 mode.

So the rant is over. Before you complain about complainers, realize what they just went through online, and that they just got done being incredibly frustrated, add to that their memory of what the game used to be, and that is why we are so angry.

WHO IS RESPONSIBLE:

1) everyone I believe

2) complaints about how BRs only worked 90% of the time ( I am included in this)

3) compaints about pilot assist and wanting an option: we got it: expense? But it also should have not been in there, but I'll take it back in a heartbeat if the bugs were gone

4) spectator mode: strictly sony, they must know this is causing problems, but refuse to take it out until it is fixed

5) Sony's silence on all matters wipeout: Yes, they frequent this site, once a week :( Keep people updated. Other game companies do that. These people love your games, and after pulse with the lack of communication, people do not believe things are being fixed, and rightfully so. At the very least acknowledge that something added is causing major problems in the game before you start losing people, and that you are working on it. I understand getting a good "**** you" for people wanting wanting wanting. EXP: faster speed class, no auto assist, ect. Actually I don't understand that, but to my point. When people give you feedback that says the game if playing absolutely ****ing horrible when it used to play great, acknowedge them or expect more of the same from far more people.

LAST NOTE: Why can't the game be put back to 1.26 until the bugs are worked out? If the reason is they cannot be worked out, then just give us the old game. I'd rather have what was, than 100 new tracks the way it is now.

AG-wolf
9th May 2009, 01:42 PM
Well put Al; shame other people can't understand why someone would be quite so bothered by the stuff that's been going on with the game lately. WOHD is about one of the only games I play anymore and I've barely really touched it since the 1.30 update :/

Too bad SL doesn't have the same kind of rapport with their fans/audience as Working Designs did with their own fans back in the day.

TheFrostE
9th May 2009, 03:11 PM
ya Al, good races last night....minus all the ****. i still dont understand how i was blowing by you on the grid with feisar and you were AG.....online i get burned up at the grid when theres more than 2 people. oh well...i hope they get this **** straight as well.

i dont think i ever complained about anything other than new tracks back in 1.26, i dont een think any one had mentioned a lvling system on these forums (i think it was implemented to bring some community to the game). and the only people it did bring back to the game were a bunch of stat whoring tards who only played the game a ton recently to have some sort of recognition to be high up in the online ranking...which means nothing in terms of your skill in reality, no offense to the people who are up there.

SaturnReturn
9th May 2009, 03:22 PM
I think there were a couple of suggestions that an online ranking system would be a nice addition. I can see what they were hoping for, e.g. keep people interested longer. The system itself is a bit limited though, considering how quickly people have reached or almost reached level 50.

Golgofier
9th May 2009, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I'd say the leveling system is pretty much pointless for the same reasons FrostE pointed out. I do like the badges though :)

OBH
9th May 2009, 03:52 PM
I like the badges, i just think a few are broken.

Been awarded "successful pacifist" a few times after killing 2 players, cannoner / missiler when i didnt once get either, plus a few others.

Still like them though :beer though i wish it was like old skool goldeneye where players can get multiple awards.

For me personally, in the next patch id love to see more stats (ie. who ive killed the most, and whos killed me the most), and an online permanent death option :) (plus maybe a re-done spectator mode, its SHOCKING :g)

djKyoto
9th May 2009, 04:47 PM
A ladder ranking system would have been way better, instead of this 'whos played the most games online' ranking. I 'd be playing more if this was the case, but I really just see no point/can't be f**ked in getting to level 50.

blackwiggle
9th May 2009, 04:50 PM
Disconnected 6 times tonight , that includes the 3 times my console froze during loading of a race.

micky1984
9th May 2009, 05:11 PM
iv read alot of negative posts about this latest patch and i empathize with you but personally since 1.40 iv had nothin but great times on HD, once iv gotten into a stable game (which has been quite easy for me) iv had close good races, Also i quite like the ranking system because its atracted more racers. I for one was brought back to hd due to the new features ps i wouldnt consider my self a stat whore or a retard

JABBERJAW
9th May 2009, 07:14 PM
froste, I think new tracks are probably the only thing that wouldn't cause all this stuff from happening. I would take new tracks over any other stuff that has been put in the game already, 20 laps, assist, even if they did work correctly. Just note that even if you are having a good game, someone on the other end is probably saying, @%$@%$#. Either that, or it is possible the people who are not having problems never play offline any more, so it doesn't seem as bad.

ADDED: It does to have seem to have affected offline as well. In time trial, I had a microfreeze, for sure it felt like the ones online, but alot shorter, and didn't affect my game, however this did not happen before. Also, the inputs are not working sometimes, albeit a smaller amount than online. It does affect the game a little though, but is certainly still fun to play. It makes the handling feel "different", but I do not think it is, I think the inputs are not registering by the feel of it. yes You can still get record times, but that is because everyone is getting better. Why in the heck would 1.4 be affecting offline play? maybe there is more to it than spectator mode that is causing some of this.

OBH
10th May 2009, 05:12 PM
The dead weapon pads are really, REALLY starting to get on my nerves.
Normally i'd try and laugh it off, but im quite a competative soul....

I hope they fix it soon, today was the first time i rage quitted in a long, long time sorry yeldar...:|

And to be honest, the more i get beatern by more ludcrious jumps being discovered, the more im tempted to go back to pulse... bring back invisable walls!

SaturnReturn
10th May 2009, 05:52 PM
If by ludicrous jumps you mean shortcuts, then there's nothing stopping anyone from learning them and doing them. They generally come with a pretty high associated risk factor.

BlochNWhitey
10th May 2009, 06:08 PM
I suppose I reallly should play online some more to see what's so wrong online.

I've experienced dead weapon pads and the freezing before, but it's never been enough to really.. bother me? I've never been one to complain, the only issues I ever had with the patch was that it didn't allow me to get into the game first try.

As far as the barrel roll problems go, I think it's more or less been the same the whole time, all I really do are offline Singleplayer Races and i've always had some issues being able to pull them off, as far as offline goes, i never had much issue doing them. However, I hope the issues do get fixed for others and I do believe SL will fix them in time. The broken weapon pads feel as if they're a problem with lag, but it's hard to tell.

On another note, the Lemmings were a funny addition to the Zone mode, but i'm sure they were distracting to most. ;D

KIGO1987
10th May 2009, 09:53 PM
The dead weapon pads are really, REALLY starting to get on my nerves.
Normally i'd try and laugh it off, but im quite a competative soul....

I hope they fix it soon, today was the first time i rage quitted in a long, long time sorry yeldar...:|

And to be honest, the more i get beatern by more ludcrious jumps being discovered, the more im tempted to go back to pulse... bring back invisable walls!

Vista pads are quite common, regardless of your net connection i see these days. Complete and utter f u c k i n g b u l l s h i t i say. Gets me cranky too. And those f u c k i n g shapeshifting bombs too.

yeldar2097
10th May 2009, 09:58 PM
no worries mate :D

i hope that's not me you're talking about, i never use shortcuts, honest:nod

i know the feeling all too well...it's these bloody french shortcut pioneers, they're ridiculous

vista pads were annoying today but more annoying was some dickhead backmarker that destroyed an otherwise perfect race. bastard!

rivvit
10th May 2009, 10:08 PM
i must say even tho im reasonably new to wohd the dead weapon pads are seriously grating on me:turd
another thing ive noticed is sometimes i get a whole race full of only one type of weapon.not sure if thats luck of the draw? something somewhere not doing what it should be doing? only happens online tho....

JABBERJAW
11th May 2009, 04:24 AM
gotta report the good with the bad. Last night was so crappy I almost didn't want to ever play again besides at the tourney in june, but tonight, it played flawless for me. 8 races vs various people without a hitch, NONE. As good as time trial. Can the game be changed without a download? Anyway, It was really fun racing tonight, after about 3-4 nights of practicing frustration instead. Wonder why?

leungbok
11th May 2009, 07:54 AM

Excuse us to push the game further than your skills :?

Oh, and it seems that you're able to use the ludcrious jumps too sometimes http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=DHn_6LMGBeI

Wotan
11th May 2009, 08:20 AM
@ Haydn : There isn't glitch or cheat on multiplayer races , but there is best places to use a boost , that's all . This is the game .

pirahpac
11th May 2009, 09:54 AM
lol obh think wipeout is a fps , he say " most kills " ;;and for shorcuts i have a solution for u : look this video: no shorcut ..try it now :g:beer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0lRaVu-n8

mic-dk
11th May 2009, 09:57 AM
LOL Pirhapac - that triple BR on Metropia is insane!

Darkdrium777
11th May 2009, 10:00 AM
bring back invisable walls!err... no.
There are so many problems with the ECS system you can't even imagine.
-Number 1 is you take no damage when you hit it.
-How 'bout Pilot assist is enough, all right? There's no need for any stinking "Sorry, you are not allowed to fall off here" system. Then what, if you have it, just manage to land on the wall (Not hard at all with HD's floaty feeling) and grind with a turbo through the whole turn. Now we have "wall assist" or something like that, great. More stuff to be abused by newbies.

Why do you think there's no ECS system in HD? Because PurE's (and HD's) system was/is better.

KIGO1987
11th May 2009, 11:15 AM
Anyone notice the Autopilots are stupid in HD also??

They seem to make you fly off the track, also they miss all the speed pads as well.

I used an autopilot in Moa Therma both in Pulse and HD in the exact same spot.
The HD one miss all the speed pads, but in Pulse it went over them fine.

hn9354
11th May 2009, 01:17 PM
All of studio Liverpool

1.40 patches for Japan came! The freeze during a race is relaxed.
Some Japanese players return to online in this.:P

Thank you!!

djKyoto
11th May 2009, 02:43 PM
Anyone notice the Autopilots are stupid in HD also??

They seem to make you fly off the track, also they miss all the speed pads as well.

I used an autopilot in Moa Therma both in Pulse and HD in the exact same spot.
The HD one miss all the speed pads, but in Pulse it went over them fine.

Autopilot in HD always fixes you to the center of the track.

KIGO1987
11th May 2009, 02:53 PM
It should be aligning you not to the center of the track, but rather to the best racing line, with the maximum amount of speed pads, like in all the other Wipeout games, even on the PS1 as well as the PSP titles too.

What i do when i pic up an Autopilot in a dire situation in an online race... i say **** it, and absorb opposed to using it, and being ****ed over in the process of using it. Its only really good in the final bend on Ubermall, and the two final big chicanes on Sol2, but thats pretty much is it.

The place where you really needed an autopilot was not in HD, but in Pulse, on the horrendous 3 tight 180 degree turns on the start of Outpost7. God that track was insane.

crawdad62
11th May 2009, 02:57 PM
I found that Autopilot generally follows the middle of the track but it's not a given. Most of the time it sucks. I'd rather hit speed pads or weapons pick ups and that usually won't happen with AP. However I have found that if you use it after the last mag-strip on Moa it'll allow you to hit the last two speed pads pretty effectively.

KIGO1987
11th May 2009, 03:05 PM
Thats probably the only effective way of the autopilots on any track in HD.

But if you want to nail that corner faster. Absorb the Autopilot, then gun it on that right speed pad in a left direction, with the ship pitched up, after you get angle right. Do a BR, and you've cut yourself a good half second off the track.

Moa Rulez btw!!!! Love that track, just dont like the Vista pads that ruin it whistle racing online on it.

I dont think 1.40 did much to tackle the Vista pad issue in my opinion i think.

Darkdrium777
11th May 2009, 07:53 PM
My autopilot is my left thumb. ;)

OBH
11th May 2009, 09:27 PM
Auto Pilot doesnt deserve quite so much stick.

Use it immediately after BRs and your onto a winner (last corner on Seb Rev & The first corner on CP are my 2 favourites - Seb Rev is the best cos you can cancel it immediately before the 1st weapon pad, and it lines you up for the chicane perfectly).

Also, if you can line up your ship correctly, it can take you round corners like the 1st one on Sol 2 Rev faster than you ever could, it carries your momentum in a manner thats physically impossible normally.

Alright, it does have a HUGE nosebleed now and again :g but honestly some corners its brilliant (plus it ALWAYS plows through the opposition).

I still absorb it more than i use it, but i still have a big soft spot for it.

yeldar2097
11th May 2009, 09:27 PM
My autopilot is my left thumb. ;)
mine too, no wonder AP is so **** :P
real AP ftw!! :D
i love using AP on the last bit of sol2. if you time it right you can disengage it and grab a sneaky BR as well :nod
video time methinks...

OBH
11th May 2009, 09:37 PM
@ Leungbok, Wotan & Pirahpac

Didnt see your posts, sorry.
Im not doubting the skills it takes for you guys to pull this kind of stuff off, that its not 99% of the time a risky move to undertake, and never once said it was "cheating", far from it. Especially if you can do it consistantly, thats awesome.

I just have grief with, for example, side shift jumping over the 1st corner on ubermall on lap 1, awsome skills if you can do it, but not every ship is capable of landing that on lap 1.

edit:

lol obh think wipeout is a fps , he say " most kills " ;;and for shorcuts i have a solution for u : look this video: no shorcut ..try it now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0lRaVu-n8
sorry pirahpac, but ive got no idea what your trying to say to me. Nice brs on met rev though.

leungbok
11th May 2009, 09:40 PM
Yes haydn i agree (for me, you finish the day better than you started ;)), autopilot too is a strategic item, if you use it at the good place (after a br or a turbo is the best way) you can go faster than anyone, but most of the time i absorb ap because i'm too far from a good spot or in a very low health :lol

stoneygate
11th May 2009, 09:41 PM
AP on the final chicane of Moa Therma picks up the last 2 speed pads very nicely and won me two races tonight. Very satisfying...

Darkdrium777
11th May 2009, 10:18 PM
but not every ship is capable of landing that on lap 1.
Every single ship can do it on lap 1. It just depends on the starting position.
But it turns out fair, since the people using the shortcut get first, but they have no weapon, while the one who started first on the grid can't do the shortcut (not enough speed) but has a weapon.

:)

SaturnReturn
11th May 2009, 10:34 PM
Haydn - I just tested. Every single ship can do that shortcut from a standing start in time trial, where I believe the run-up is as short as it can possibly be. I also did it in single races from the back of the grid and that works fine too, as expected. It depends on neither ship choice, nor starting position, just practice.

Anyway, it seems your grief is with those who do it on lap 1. I do it on lap 1,2,3,4 & 5. I assume that's ok right? Cool :D

EDIT: Gah! I shouldn't have been so adamant and gone on HD on my night off just to prove that to myself. Now I'm jonesin' for more.

Darkdrium777
11th May 2009, 10:53 PM
Oh right, thanks sat. :)

crawdad62
12th May 2009, 02:05 AM
I'm curious. What's that little badge that I see showing up next to the other badge that has the levels on it? I've seen a couple of people that have it. I've never taken the time to get up and look what's on it.

TheFrostE
12th May 2009, 02:28 AM
i think i know what your talking about, its bothering me as well, instead of their countries flag, a little sideways diamond shaped emblem is their depicting a feisar like wipeout ship....anybody have an answer to this one?

crawdad62
12th May 2009, 02:30 AM
Yeah that's it. The smaller diamond shaped badge. Got no idea.

blackwiggle
12th May 2009, 05:47 AM
It's when signing into the online and you do not choose a country,you can choose to race for the Wipeout Nation

crawdad62
12th May 2009, 09:43 AM
Ah thanks.

Sch@dows
12th May 2009, 09:58 AM
Thats probably the only effective way of the autopilots on any track in HD.I only use AP after being shot or quaked, because like the (cheating) AI, the AP is not affected very much ^_^

JABBERJAW
12th May 2009, 01:10 PM
Has the quake distance been lengthened? I got hit by a quake, and after I started up, I was still 4.9 seconds ahead. It shouldn't travel that far for something that really doesn't require any skill. However, that time ahead may have been from a previous point in the race, but even 4.9 seconds behind, the quake should not hit the other person if they are not hitting I think. good play last night for the most part, a couple of races were bogus with the BRs ,but most were good, so it was enjoyable two nights in a row now.

Sch@dows
12th May 2009, 01:44 PM
I don't know if it last that long, but I can tell you NOT TO surf on it n_n

I used a boost in order to escape the coming wave, resulting in taking the wave until I exploded u_u (but it took around 2 sec)

mic-dk
12th May 2009, 02:00 PM
Doesn't quakes last for 6 seconds? AFAIK that hasn't changed.

How far it can travel in that time is a bit hard to determine without knowing it's travelspeed relative to your own speed. But 4.9 seconds ahead sound like you just caught the tail end of it.

blackwiggle
12th May 2009, 02:02 PM
Try surfing a Quake and think you got away free only to run into a bomb that will stop you dead.
Jabberjaw/Art will confirm that arse of an event.

KIGO1987
12th May 2009, 02:17 PM
If your fast enough in Pulse you can outrun a quake, with only a gap of about 2-3seconds since the quake really only travels at rapier speed in a race at phantom speed. Also if your ahead and you have a quake you turn your ship around a drop a reverse quake at the opposition faces (leungbok), lol. No way to escape that. Reverse quakes in HD would just be insane, then you'll most likely get last place dickheads using them for the wrong reasons.

Darkdrium777
12th May 2009, 02:26 PM
Quake speed has been increased in HD.
I don't know anything about the distance.

OBH
12th May 2009, 03:31 PM
Haydn - I just tested. Every single ship can do that shortcut from a standing start in time trial, where I believe the run-up is as short as it can possibly be. I also did it in single races from the back of the grid and that works fine too, as expected. It depends on neither ship choice, nor starting position, just practice.

Anyway, it seems your grief is with those who do it on lap 1. I do it on lap 1,2,3,4 & 5. I assume that's ok right? Cool :D

Clearly a better pilot than I :banzai Ill be quiet now.

I only use AP after being shot or quaked, because like the (cheating) AI, the AP is not affected very much ^_^
I used to use my AP before i got hit, and sometimes wouldnt slow down at all. I swear 1.4s changed that, at least it seems to me. Occasionally ive used AP before getting hit by rockets and remained stationary for nearly its entire length.

Theres no real point attempting to outrun a quake is there? You only get warned its coming if itll hit you. (alright thats not always the case, granted) but use use it immediately after you get hit :)

SaturnReturn
12th May 2009, 05:44 PM
Hehe, I thought you might say that. But I'm not better than you at all. I've just spent more time on that one tiny bit of the game than you. Anyway, it bodes well for me if you can't do it. I think it's the best chance I would have at winning a race against you in a doubles match, where the carnage of a full 8 player game on v1.4 is largely not present and solid consistent racing is king.

TheFrostE
12th May 2009, 06:47 PM
they should make a Wipeoutzone flag exclusively for us XD .... jk jk, lets fix the stuff we got already!

SaturnReturn
12th May 2009, 08:32 PM
Well I just had a session where Goteki felt like FEISAR handling wise and was being beaten off the line very easily. I'm pretty sure the game is messing up ship skins somehow, e.g. applying Goteki's skin to FEISAR when I select Goteki. It could be the same thing that's causing SL/TT ghost issues, e.g. Icaras ghost to appear as Goteki.

Spece2goin
12th May 2009, 09:35 PM
Try surfing a Quake and think you got away free only to run into a bomb that will stop you dead.
Jabberjaw/Art will confirm that arse of an event.

the bomb the quake itself could destroy if it reached it... too bad.

anyway,
the quake wave stopping right at the tail of your ship is a good extrem feeling! ^^

and sometime, you'd better dive on the sides (Sol2 or Chenghou) than take the quake...

have you ever dodge a missile too?
using lateral move at the last moment seems to be effective, especially in a turn,
the missile just miss you and go forward... and it's funny when someone else take it...

i'm sure there are plenty of other stuff like this.

mic-dk
13th May 2009, 06:40 AM
Well I just had a session where Goteki felt like FEISAR handling wise and was being beaten off the line very easily.

The races I shared with you yesterday was wierd as **** The handling felt exactly like whenever a new release is out and everybody and their mother is trying it out. Vista pads in abundance as well.

Sch@dows
13th May 2009, 07:29 AM
From my point, the most annoiying thing is being pushed by other ships (i use the AG-SYS), even Feisar or Icaras which seems pretty light.

I can't fight being pushed, and why I try to push them ... nothing happen u_u

I'm wondering if this is because, in 1 player mode, the AI is set on a course and won't change, and on multplayer mode, other ships are considered as AI piloted ships although the directives come from the network (plus the fact that with some lags the other player may have taken a course where I wasn't displayed yet on his TV).

Darkdrium777
13th May 2009, 08:58 PM
I thought that having better internet connection would get rid of some bugs.
A few days ago, my ISP secretly upgraded our connection from 1.3MBps to 6MBps.

Well, the bugs are still there. And the collisions are worse then ever. You just got to love how Goteki (Two bricks + 1 egg in between) gets pushed around like if it were papier maché by Assegai (Two sheets of metal + a cabin).

Thank you SL for your glorious netcode :)

/sarcasm

SaturnReturn
13th May 2009, 09:30 PM
The ramming thing is old school. It was always annoying but not so much as now with the multitude of issues that occur on top of it in every single game session. Tonight quakes seem to be more abundant again, but the warning that they are coming is completely non-existent. But why does the abundance of quakes not clear the abundance of bombs on the track that you become confronted with any time you get out in the lead. It's especially annoying when you just battled your arse off trying to stay on the track with 5 ships trying to show you just how much they love you, in that way. Stupid stupid game (that I love so much etc).

Sch@dows
13th May 2009, 09:55 PM
Agree.

Tonight I was angry because the track was covered by mines and bombs. But what i was angry for wasn't their number (well a little) or their life time, but the non-existant warning -__-'

The game has put an end to my pain by crashing the console (controller and P button doesn't do anything) after I win an easy race (opponents lvl 1 & 2 u_u) passing the line and looking behind me.

tonight was not a time when I could have say "That's why I love this game"

SaturnReturn
13th May 2009, 10:22 PM
TarotCardKiller also had the game crash when he was looking back at the end of the race. I thought that was an old bug that used to occur but was fixed.

blackwiggle
13th May 2009, 11:32 PM
I had an AG handle like Triakis for an entire tournament last night as well as BR's that refused to work.

It's like the handling stats for one craft is being assigned to another.
I've had it that AG was handling like Fiesar ,very twitchy.

I'm sure this is what's happening

djKyoto
14th May 2009, 05:29 AM
FW 2.76 is out.

No idea if it will do anything to WPHD.

Sch@dows
14th May 2009, 07:47 AM
I had the same problem with BR until I saw that the host have disabled them ^__^'

JABBERJAW
15th May 2009, 01:17 PM
so that is what is going on. I had an feisar blowing my ag off the line. It actually seems like this happens one way or the other every time I play online. When I pick an AG, I want to play an AG, not a triakis, or a feisar, or anything else. That must be part of the reason it is hard to hit lines after practicing off line first, then going on, and you are really using a different ship

KIGO1987
15th May 2009, 01:36 PM
Good i thought it was me for a bit. I found myself swearing at the TV because the bastard ship wasnt BRing, or the **** did it just when i touched the ground, and lost 15% energy for no ****ing reason. Not happy.

Sch@dows
15th May 2009, 02:02 PM
so that is what is going on. I had an feisar blowing my ag off the line. It actually seems like this happens one way or the other every time I play online. When I pick an AG, I want to play an AG, not a triakis, or a feisar, or anything else. That must be part of the reason it is hard to hit lines after practicing off line first, then going on, and you are really using a different shipExactly. I used Icaras offline, but found that in online races, top speed doesn't count that much (unless your 1st way in front of every one). So I switch to AG-SYS which is more balanced (especially the shield n_n) and count on objects/weapons instead.

emwu23
16th May 2009, 08:34 AM
the thing wich piss me off completely is when im joining some tournament/single race,and im dying in those races not because im bad in HD ,just because pads with weapons/turbos not working as they suppose to work so im not able to get back my energy on safety level , im using goteki45 all the time wich has energy rather sucks but im able to race that ship very good im a big fan of wipeout since 2097 and my onlline experience started to frustrating me with HD i really love this game after all but why since september 2008 SL did nothing with that issue wich was from the begining ? I bought Playstation 3 for 2 games :WIPEOUT HD and MGS4 ,Metal 4 is great but HD is much better ,much,much better in terms of people who likes freaking speed experience and online first time in wipeout history we have online on big screen in HD why do we have to have that online play weaker then any other online games?
its 1.40 right ,why ,why its not fixed yet
At the moment Wipeout HD is for me only reason to fired up my ps3 and im jumping straight
to online and what i get unfair race.
Really big respect from me to SL this is really great game I really hope they will be working on this issue,I dont want to race with weapons off races in order not to have problems.

caller77
16th May 2009, 11:03 AM
what he said ^^ .. hey bw, this game just gets better n better. plse excuse my ignorance but.... any chance of online racing at super phantom in the future or is this too much for the ps3 ? thx and hope to race you again soon

yeldar2097
16th May 2009, 11:23 AM
super phantom would be awesome!!
it'd probably involve having to alter the floatiness of the ships otherwise everything would go a bit mental...
still, one can dream :D

stinkleroy
16th May 2009, 11:38 AM
the thing wich piss me off completely is when im joining some tournament/single race,and im dying in those races not because im bad in HD ,just because pads with weapons/turbos not working as they suppose to work so im not able to get back my energy on safety level , im using goteki45 all the time wich has energy rather sucks but im able to race that ship very good im a big fan of wipeout since 2097 and my onlline experience started to frustrating me with HD i really love this game after all but why since september 2008 SL Studio did nothing with that issue wich was from the begining ? I bought Playstation 3 for 2 games :WIPEOUT HD and MGS4 ,Metal 4 is great but HD is much better ,much,much better in terms of people who likes freaking speed experience and online first time in wipeout history we have online on big screen in HD why do we have to have that online play weaker then any other online games?
its 1.40 right ,why ,why its not fixed yet
At the moment Wipeout HD is for me only reason to fired up my ps3 and im jumping straight
to online and what i get unfair race.
Really big respect from me to SL Studio this is really great game I really hope they will be working on this issue,I dont want to race with weapons off races in order not to have problems.

Agreed :D

TheFrostE
16th May 2009, 10:29 PM
again though, it still baffles me that everbody who has serious complaints still continues to play the game everyday...even when its not enjoyable for them

i was just playing and i remembered tht night Al. you guys are right...the handling is Fed up, i played offline with feisar for a while, and im currently online playing and feels like triakis in a feisar body. Something is seriously wrong with the innner game engine. and im getting sick of SLs screw ups, i don't understand how so many ppl stand behind them at this point. They have had ample time to fix some things and still havent. WOHD has just become one big disappointment after the next . You can deny it all you want as this point but we all know where this game is going *TOILET*

mdhay
16th May 2009, 10:48 PM
otherwise everything would go a bit mental.

You do realize that there are hovering racecraft with Osama Bin Laden's christmas wish list strapped to them, usually by a certain crazy frenchman who somehow hasn't been abducted by the magical men in white coats because of his skills?;):lol

What've you been playing?!? F-Zero Vs. Mario Kart?!?

IH8YOU
17th May 2009, 12:08 AM
Speaking from experience - if you're about to walk away - back up your game save data - (to a memory stick, USB or what not) and delete ALL save data (yeah, every ghost, one by one painful as it may be) - then download the game again from the PSN store - you're allowed to do this free of charge 4 or 5 times.

Play 1.26 for a while - and bask in all it's glory - just click "cancel" when the game launches to avoid updating. This will tell you, "yes, you WERE that good - no it's not in your head"

Once you had your fill of offline fun - update the game to 1.4 - and YES, it's nowhere as good as 1.26 - that said, it worked so much better, I can tolerate it again. At 1.4 the game is 100% better than it was when I was on 1.3 - but still 15% short of 1.26.

TheFrostE
17th May 2009, 12:39 AM
im not going to walk away from it, its just a huge dissapointment right now, and im not the only one who thinks it

1.3 not as good as 1.4...you must be out of your mind haha...i hope your only talking about in game added features and not the internal game engine...which they basically raped with 1.4

Darkdrium777
17th May 2009, 01:33 AM
You are allowed an infinite number of downloads on up to five activated PS3 systems. As long as you have the same PS3, you have an infinite amount of downloads for any content you bought.

IH8YOU
17th May 2009, 04:10 AM
1.3 is what broke my wohd and it was when my gameplay went to poop. 1.4 is better than 1.3 by a wide margin. 1.26 was the last good version before all the new features got added ( at the expense of precision gameplay ). But again, im saying that the game itself may be getting broken over time. Reinstalling made even this version besrable, so i obviously had other problems in addition to the "standard 1.3 / 1.4 issues"

RJ O'Connell
17th May 2009, 05:48 AM
The more my FEISAR feels light and responsive around corners the more I'm convinced the handling issues are just psychological, or a desperate reach to say the game's terrible because it isn't exactly like Wipeout 2097, instead of the game ACTUALLY being broken.