PDA

View Full Version : TeamLink Division

Pages : 1 [2]

Lance
9th October 2009, 07:50 PM
He made it a rule not to discuss CFW. So the question would be whether discussing the use of CFW fulfills his intended definition of the phrase.

KIGO1987
9th November 2009, 12:11 PM
Since the banning of Archman nothing has happened new with any new Wipeout Pulse meets. Is anyone going to organize any new TeamLink Division events, or is this officially the death of Wipeout Pulse and Wipeout on the PSP as we see.

It was good as it lasted i guess.

Lance
9th November 2009, 12:50 PM
Since you decided not to leave, why don't you organise the TeamLink events?
If there is still sufficient interest in this style of racing, the loss of one person is not going to kill it. Is it possible that interest has been reduced by the adverts?

ACE-FLO
9th November 2009, 02:21 PM
I won't be interested in any more tld - I've got hd fury now and its pretty awesome... not forgetting that there's always loadsa pilots online ;)

MrSmadSmartAlex
9th November 2009, 04:00 PM
Is it possible that interest has been reduced by the adverts?
There's no adverts in good ol' Pulse. It's still the same game I bought.:D
I think most people don't play Pulse simply because most people don't play Pulse ("baaaaaa":lol), an example being ACE's post above (no offence meant of course;)). It's a great shame because it's an awesome game, with far less to complain about than HD/Fury with all it's :turd. But people would actually rather spend all day whinging about HD's problems than just play a game without most of these problems?:?
Oh well, each to their own...
I'll likely organise some more team racing at some point, but I doubt it'll be here unless there's suddenly more than zero interest in it - more likely on Arena or Gamefaqs.:)

ACE-FLO
9th November 2009, 04:09 PM
no offence taken buddy, i know what you mean actually. And yes, Pulse will always rock, and if i could go online, i'd still rock it online..

Shame really, but hd fury is getting me addicted for the right reasons - always peeps to race online, low rate of noob quits, gazzillion br oppos, the ingame messaging, the many various game modes etc... i'm bragging aren't I? :g

MrSmadSmartAlex
9th November 2009, 04:15 PM
Hehe. Not at all. I know HD has it's pros as well as cons, and also I know how much you like online racing!;)
For me though, Pulse always wins, simply because I find it much more fun to play, with far less frustrations. Not to mention that I like TT mode as much as online, so I don't get too down about the lack of online players. That said, triple_lei, FBJ and me had a long Phantom session last night, and will probably make it a regular thing on Sundays!:D

ACE-FLO
9th November 2009, 04:26 PM
... FBJ and Triple_Lei? awesome pilots! Mate, if I'm to be honest, I'm gonna miss it a lot. I may have to return to the fold at some point! I love Pulse with a passion! And I'm missing our oldskool sessions, damn, I think I'm gonna cry... Seriously, I'll have to come back at some point - METROPIA FANS WANT THEIR AIRLICKER BACK. ;)

... and I hate to disappoint! :blarg

KIGO1987
9th November 2009, 05:42 PM
Since you decided not to leave, why don't you organise the TeamLink events?

I would have to get Arch's permission first since he is the creator of the social group. Ill talk to him next time on messenger if he has a moment of break.

... FBJ and Triple_Lei? awesome pilots!

Triple_Lei is yes.

Mate, if I'm to be honest, I'm gonna miss it a lot.

Welcome to the wonderful network of the Playstation Network and the Playstation 3 console Ace.

----

Wipeout Pulse boom has come and gone. Late 2007 to Late 2008. Was an awesome game on it. Good memories from 2008 with it.

MrSmadSmartAlex
9th November 2009, 05:59 PM
It's come and gone? Oh, well in that case, I'd better stop playing then. I must have made a mistake when I thought I was enjoying the game.:rolleyes:

Lance
9th November 2009, 06:00 PM
There's no adverts in good ol' Pulse. It's still the same game I bought.:D

oops. So it is! }slaps self upside the... no, uh... looks for the caffeine or the memory booster pills... uh, no.. Gets out the straight Kentucky Bourbon....{ oh, yes. That's nice.

But people would actually rather spend all day whinging about HD's problems than just play a game without most of these problems?:?

Weird, ain't it?

ACE-FLO
20th November 2009, 02:12 PM
It's come and gone? Oh, well in that case, I'd better stop playing then. I must have made a mistake when I thought I was enjoying the game.:rolleyes:

yeah, seems we were the 'hang-er on-ers'.... Bah, Humbugs! :D Still had awesome sessions though, and to a lotta new Pulsers (and some old ones too), we owned the FX400 for a good part of 2009... i feel like a C-list celebrity... up myself :D

MrSmadSmartAlex
20th November 2009, 05:04 PM
:lol No, what I meant was that KIGO was being an ass, and just trolling with his :turd post. Who is he or anybody else to make the final judgement of when it's time to stop playing a game? Sure, Pulse is quiet these days, but I play it (like any game) because I enjoy it. Competition with other players online and all that is cool, but it's secondary. I'm not going to jump on some bandwagon (especially one that's headed off a cliff:lol) just because KIGO or anybody else tells me to.
This isn't me getting all cranky with you though, mate;) - just explaining the real meaning of my post. Maybe I will play WOHD some time, but only if/when I feel like getting into it.:)

leungbok
20th November 2009, 05:34 PM
Best is to play both :lol
...and sometimes some pure sessions ;)

MrSmadSmartAlex
20th November 2009, 05:45 PM
Yes! Very true, mate!:D
I wasn't trying to knock WOHD or any other game - it just hasn't grabbed me like Pulse (and now Pure) have. But it might do in future...;)

ACE-FLO
30th January 2010, 10:46 PM
I reckon you Xtriko and ACE are the people i would see when attending a Prodigy event.:rock
Xtriko actually got to do that... I didn't :( not yet :( but good prediction mate... even thouh you not here anymore :lol

btw, anyone know where the post is where the points system for TeamLink was worked out? Kinda need it for the xpand league - same format, but on HD... :rock