PDA

View Full Version : Pulse PS3 Pre order!

Firedshot
27th April 2009, 05:46 PM
You can now pre order Pulse on the uk amazon site, the realse date is for June 12, 2009. Is this instead of upgrading HD any more not quite following this but i've never played pulse!

mdhay
27th April 2009, 07:31 PM
Pulse isn't on PS3.

ACE-FLO
27th April 2009, 08:12 PM
You sure mate? Coz I found it...

Here's the Link...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=Wipeout+Pulse+PS3&x=12&y=15

OK boys time to get a PS3...

GreenPhazon
27th April 2009, 09:24 PM
I seen this too and I'm not buying this story...

mdhay
27th April 2009, 09:27 PM
You sure that it hasn't been photoshopped Ace?

Firedshot
27th April 2009, 09:32 PM
I found it on the offical amazon website, don't think they'd be advertising some thing thats not happening

Amorbis
27th April 2009, 09:39 PM
This, I would of thought, looks like a mistake on Amazon's behalf. I know Pulse hasn't been confirmed as to being released on another platform but if it were to be, it is most logical Pulse would follow the same pattern as other PSP to PS2 ports such as Ratchet and Clank.

Play.com (http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searchtype=allproducts&searchstring=pulse+wipeout&page=search&pa=search&go.x=0&go.y=0) lists Pulse as being released on PS2 in June and so have other retailers.

Nothing has been confirmed so any guess is as good as mine ;).

MrSmadSmartAlex
27th April 2009, 10:13 PM
Amazon have been known to make mistakes. I buy a lot of Japanese import music, and Amazon's listings are often wrong, so I just import from Japanese shops.
But if they are right, and Pulse really is coming to PS3, I'll actually buy one (which even WOHD couldn't persuade me to do)!

ACE-FLO
27th April 2009, 11:41 PM
ditto Alex... its a big IF though.

Anyone been Studio Liverpools website to get any further confirmation?

I'd go check but i'm on the PSP typing this and haven't got the patience...

-----------

Amazon have been known to make mistakes. I buy a lot of Japanese import music, and Amazon's listings are often wrong, so I just import from Japanese shops.
But if they are right, and Pulse really is coming to PS3, I'll actually buy one (which even WOHD couldn't persuade me to do)!

Yoshida Bros are pretty cool. fave tracks are Modan and Rising. check em out!

mdhay
28th April 2009, 06:05 AM
Anyone been Studio Liverpools website to get any further confirmation?

They're building it.

darkfaerytales
28th April 2009, 06:25 AM
have any sense this news? :| even if it would be true, have any sense?

ACE-FLO
28th April 2009, 12:26 PM
Just spent my morining researching this - and it seems that no1 really knows if this release will be on the PS3.

Apparently, most PS3 owners are not even aware that HD exists because its not availble to buy in the shops. Therefore there has been an anticipated release for the HD title (tbc) through the usual outlets, and apparently - with DLC thrown in!!! Retailing between £20 - £25 (twice the PSN online price, maybe coz of the packaging and the additional DLC) If this is the case - it just may be a re-titled version of HD imo.

Personally Pulse does sound better to me than HD (why HD? - Sony invented BluRay so calling their game HD is kinda moronic imho, but calling it "Wipeout BluRay" would like ... SUCK!!!)

Can't belive Amazon wouldn't vet their hosted descriptions of products for accuracy - or even follow up breaches in copyright theft (just to cover their own arses) - SUCKY...

As for Studio Liverpools website? What - they been making games since 1995 and haven't got a public domain website yet? SUCKY too...

So we cant even submit all the bugs in wipeout games to their H.O for them to correct... Thought this was a Playstation Flagship Title (apparently) they should be on top things like that! once again - SUCKY

:|:|:| I remain unimpressed at best :|:|:|

Check link for additional info - http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/04/27/wipeout-pulse-heading-to-ps3/

AG-wolf
28th April 2009, 01:55 PM
Why would they release Pulse on PS3 instead of PS2? Pulse is better suited for the older console; if the PS3 were to get any retail-release of a Wipeout game, it should either be a fleshed-out WOHD, or an entirely new game. Pulse's handling and collision detection were G.A.R.B.A.G.E. compared to even Pure, and WOHD is worlds better than it as well...

I can't imagine PS3 owners being unaware of WOHD's existence, unless they don't have their machine hooked up to the internet... having a 360 or PS3 and not being online is like driving a sports car and never leaving first gear. At that point, those kind of people probably wouldn't appreciate Wipeout anyway ;P lol

if SL is going to do any future Wipeout ventures, they need to get their game physics closer to XL/64/3's handling... for the handling and physics in post-WO3 games; Fusion was unclassifiable, Pure was better than Fusion, Pulse was a step backward, and WOHD is better than Pure. If they can fix a few more things like:

- giving the ships a sense of weight and momentum

- allow light non-penalizing wall-scrapes if the person hasn't really run their ship into the wall roughly (ie: does not deplete shield, does not adhere your craft to the wall like velcro)

- get rid of all areas which make your ship jump straight up in the air after hitting some kind of invisible obstacle on the edge of the track

- and shorten the ungodly long weapon recovery time so you're not stuck at a complete stop after hitting mines or getting shot at...

Then the game would flow a lot better. I realize I may be stuck in nostalgia-mode since I genuinely prefer XL, 64, and 3 over the newer games, but it really seems like the past few entries in the series haven't been so much of an evolution as they've been an attempt at rebuilding the series from scratch. And I can't genuinely believe that the WOHD staff really has a grasp on the intricacies of the older titles when their retro 2097 and WO3 HUDs for HD aren't even accurate.

JABBERJAW
28th April 2009, 02:27 PM
1) "allow light non-penalizing wall-scrapes if the person hasn't really run their ship into the wall roughly (ie: does not deplete shield, does not adhere your craft to the wall like velcro)

3)- get rid of all areas which make your ship jump straight up in the air after hitting some kind of invisible obstacle on the edge of the track

2)- and shorten the ungodly long weapon recovery time so you're not stuck at a complete stop after hitting mines or getting shot at..."

1) Eric, for number 1, I agree a light scrape should not slow your ship down much, but LIGHT being the main issue here. I have been watching people in online races smashing their ship into walls sideways, and getting out of some sharp turns just as fast as I was doing a perfect turn, without hitting( this is exactly like fusion btw, and why I do not play that game anymore). This was extremely frustrating. Even in pulse, good racing was REQUIRED to win a race. This is basically written to make anyone be able to be not just good, but great at the game, and it comes down to just weapons, when you use them, not how well can you fly that ship. So I agree, but hard hits NEED to slow the ship down considerably more, maybe like pure. Steering is in your control, so you need to be rewarded, and punished more for how you do that, which leads me to number three

3) yes, I agree, not only do mines slow you down to a stop, like some other weapons, but these fing things deplete your entire energy bar in one foul swoop, for a nice double wammy. I would like the acceleration for your ship after a weapons hit to be considerably faster, faster than a wall hit. Why? because it is not in your control for the most part, and with 8 people racing, it is downright awful. Even with two players, if player one can get that set of mines set up because their ship has better acceleration, it is game over for player two, if player one is fast. Not right, one weapon hit, race over? I would also like the weapon hits in general to slow you down less, as they are not in your control, and after even two weapon hits, wouldn't it be nice to still be in the race if you race well? Now that isn't the case. Generally, one person gets away, drops their mines/whatever and everyone else in left battling for second, even if player two is a slightly better pilot than player one, player two now has to contend with player three, throwing quakes that now do not catch player one, only player two. very frustrating, especially combined with the easy wall riding technique

Solution: Make weapons slow you down some, but make the weapons more about energy management (which they are already, but the massive slowdown from them needs to be taken out).Maybe have mines take off less energy as well. Also, have those mines/bombs blow up after 5 seconds on sitting there. Why should the leader of the race be running into bombs/ mines, because they are in first place. They shouldn't be punished for being in that position, which is how it is now. I know this would get me further behind at this point, but I'd rather try and catch a better player from driving skill, rather than some lucky weapon hit on them.

2) ship going straight in the air is annoying. I know where the spots are, and why they are there, but they are more of a nuissance than anything else.

Own note: HD's handling for the three newest wipeout versions is quite good, way better overall than pure or pulse. If they just fixed those two main points, I would probably play it long into the future. I don't know how they would add these features in without wrecking the records already in. Maybe adding an expert mode, where all this stuff was put in if selected, OR perhaps, they could add the ZEN speed class, implement these changes directly into that one speed, and keep everything else as is for the records sake. Anyone who wanted super speed with walls actually slowing you down could get it, those who didn't could continue to play phantom.

I just looked at the title of the post, eric got me going :) What the heck is going on here? Why can't there be some kind of announcement? Something is happening, amazon wouldn't put something up there if they hadn't been contacted. does sony think it is more important to contact amazon, that the people that will actually buy the game? that being said. IF it comes out, it will be in the tourney, that is 7 days pre tourney, so if I get it soon enough, I'll beat it and put it in as one of the tracks maybe, or possibly at the end

KIGO1987
28th April 2009, 02:39 PM
Is this bullshit or not??

Pulse on PS3 is bullshit.

Pulse on PS2 sounds more true.

And ill buy it too:)

[**** me it rhymes too, lol]

MrSmadSmartAlex
28th April 2009, 04:08 PM
I'm afraid I have to disagree with you guys about Pulse's handling. I don't think it's garbage, and it's certainly not a step backward - to me, it handles unlike any other Wipeout game. I actually quite like it's fast "twitchy" feel, and find HD's handling way too stiff and unresponsive.
But yeah, the collision detection sucks, as do the over-punishing weapons and ridiculous amount of bugs/ glitches. I'd still buy a PS3 version though, even if it was just a graphics upgrade and bug-fix (that'd take years to do though:lol)...

JABBERJAW
28th April 2009, 04:11 PM
HD's handling way too stiff and unresponsive.

the least grippy ship in pulse grips better than the assegai/feisar in hd. It's like a car racing game sometimes. NOt that it doesn't require skill, but when you tt, your times are always very similar lap to lap because it is easy to follow the same lines over and over again. In multiplayer not so much because of frame rate issues. HD slides more like a wipeout game, albiet a little less than pure.

MrSmadSmartAlex
28th April 2009, 04:36 PM
I wasn't knocking WOHD. It's a great game and obviously other people have mastered it and enjoy it - I just personally prefer the way Pulse handles (even if it is a bit car-like).
Somewhere between the two would be ideal for me though. I find the old Wipeout games are less twitchy and have that great "floaty" feel, but on HD I just hit almost every wall no matter how early I start turning (even in Feisar!:lol), which isn't too enjoyable for me. Probably just my lack of skill though...;)

Firedshot
28th April 2009, 04:53 PM
Anyone that works in the media can apply for a press pass for scee and get info? anyone? lol

DawnFireDragoon
28th April 2009, 05:13 PM
if it is been ported, it will be ps2...this must be a mistake by amazon...and we are really getting either...

1. ps2 port of pulse
2. ps3 blu-ray disc version of HD

hopefully both.

and i agree with previous comments, that the next game needs to go back to the original trilogy's feel/style/gameplay.

the new games are pretty good, but nothing compared to the old ones. you can add great graphics and framerate, but you can't beat the old graphic design/style/tracks of the old games.

(2097 HUD in HD annoyed me a bit by not been accurate too! it's great it's in there, but why change the colours???)

ACE-FLO
28th April 2009, 05:17 PM
I work in the media - why didnt I think of that...

Foolish me... Moronic even...
;)

DividedXZero
28th April 2009, 09:51 PM
WO/XL had the best feel to me. It really just seemed more natural to what you would expect an AG ship to handle like. I also miss the how the pitch affected your speed...Now it just seems to be used catch air for BR as opposed to pointing the nose down and reducing drag to increase your speed on straight ways.

I also really liked some of the ship designs from XL and Wo3. Especially Quirex and AG Sys. I was really turned off by these two in HD, and Icaras is ok..though i think i prefer the forward sloped wings i think it had in WO3.

Lastly, would be nice if your air brakes tilted your ship when you turn depending on how hard you use the air brakes. Much like an fighter jet rolls and to make a turn as opposed to a yaw like it comes across in HD. That in itself is a more aerodynamic, efficient, and realistic characteristic IMO.

AG-wolf
29th April 2009, 03:57 AM
...Quirex...

Qirex.