PDA

View Full Version : You'd like to get old Tracks among the PSP era Ones in future contents ?

darkfaerytales
24th April 2009, 05:46 PM
pretty obvious question and pretty obvious poll argument,more or less it's already known people around like classics and would like to get some into dlc , i have just done it to sum it up as a size to estimate in more concrete terms what people think

feel free to specify, if you want, whats your favourites tracks would like to get

but please regarding classic tracks, not neotronic version this time around, REAL classics tracks

Seraphim1982
24th April 2009, 08:20 PM
Cittanova from Pure, just loved that V hairpin. Any new tracks would make me happy at this point though.

Zoth-Ommog
24th April 2009, 08:37 PM
Gare d'Europa and Odessa Keys would be cool..

komatos
24th April 2009, 08:44 PM
Seconded. Gare d'Europa was my favorite XL/2097 track and one of my favorite all time Wipeout series tracks. Just love the drop after the initial tunnel, the chicanes shortly thereafter, and the major airtime right before the finish line. Also would love to see Valparaiso from XL/2097 remade.

Darkdrium777
24th April 2009, 09:11 PM
Citta has a hard chance to come back. Can't quote (Can't find it) but Colin said they didn't like it themselves (Liverpool) so if something else comes it could reuse ideas (He said there were good ideas in it, but it was badly executed somehow... I think the advert panel has something to do with it)

For me, I'd like to see the old tracks from the 2k97 days :)
Although with the current playstyle it will be difficult to adapt. At least I hope they don't pull a Karbonis on us like in PurE.
But tracks for PurE and Pulse I would like to see too. I just got the packs for Pulse and IMO the tracks there provide some good challenge. It would be interesting to see how they render underwater in HD (Vostok Reef), not using a tunnel like in Vineta-K (Which although purty prevents seeing outside :()

I don't know where to vote though, I don't understand the choices... :? I would like Classics then PurE/Pulse, but this choice seems unavailable.

darkfaerytales
25th April 2009, 02:18 AM
I don't know where to vote though, I don't understand the choices... :? I would like Classics then PurE/Pulse, but this choice seems unavailable.

a mix of both would be cool, first the pure/pulse ones, then good classic packs

darkdrium i'm sorry, my fault, i think was implied that with this options, maybe you refering to the fact that you are more keen on have first the classic tracks then after the other pure/pulse ones...i was thinkin to insert another option but i have cut it out cause in the end have two exact options but with the points inverted not that have much sense...only cause i find unlikely that SL will focus on classics before throw some other pure/pulse ones out...but who know:rolleyes:

in the end what's matter what come first, this option imply that or sooner or later you like to get pulse/pure and classic

you can vote this , i think it's althought valid

if not U have multiple choices ( thanks to another oversight of mine :dizzy )

blackwiggle
25th April 2009, 06:24 AM
New Tracks , although old ones would be fine but I think it's time to move ahead.
Who knows what SL has installed for us,just hope I'm still alive to see it.;)

Seraphim1982
25th April 2009, 10:43 AM
Citta has a hard chance to come back. Can't quote (Can't find it) but Colin said they didn't like it themselves (Liverpool) so if something else comes it could reuse ideas (He said there were good ideas in it, but it was badly executed somehow... I think the advert panel has something to do with it)

I don't get it what was wrong with the advert panel?

Vartazian
25th April 2009, 10:52 AM
New tracks altogether.

It shouldnt be about knowing the old shortcuts. New tracks give a fresh look to the race scene

stinkleroy
25th April 2009, 02:07 PM
I'd love to see some of the 2097 tracks back, especially Valparaisso and Odessa Keys...but honestly it doesn't matter...I think we'd all just be glad to have new tracks whatever they may be.

darkfaerytales
25th April 2009, 08:20 PM
It would be interesting to see how they render underwater in HD (Vostok Reef), not using a tunnel like in Vineta-K (Which although purty prevents seeing outside :()

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufCpWk1WRoc

http://www.oceandots.com/pacific/line/vostok.php

it would be amazing, i reckon upon SL could exploit and experiment with some cool wildlife...
i'm little bit tired of the usuals little van, fire,ambulance or transport trucks around in the skies

Also would love to see Valparaiso from XL/2097 remade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRX6uz06H4E&feature=channel_page

how cool would be;)

Ally
25th April 2009, 08:29 PM
Manor Top, Stanza Inter, Hi Fumii, Mega Mall :)

DawnFireDragoon
25th April 2009, 09:07 PM
non psp classic would make me really play this game more. i think keep new tracks for a full on new wipeout game. make HD the greatest hits, for the fans, and to get new people hooked.

altima vii
karbonis
silverstream
gare d' europa
valparaiso
p-mar project

Amorbis
25th April 2009, 11:28 PM
A variety in the tracks made available for the DLC would be a good thing. I still play Pure and Pulse so the tracks are a lot fresher in my mind than the PSone games and Fusion. I would like to see a balanced selection, so maybe one or two tracks from each game depending on how it's done.

If there were to be any Pulse tracks the Pulse DLC tracks would be my top choice; there are those amongst us who have yet to race on them and Vostok Reef is a splendid circuit.

I'd be fine with any classic tracks, but the one I would love to have is Manor Top. The fireworks and giant screen would look excellent in HD and the track is fun to play. Or maybe a HD Gare d' Europa, that would be crazy with the giant jump.

Another thing would be if the tracks had some changes such as time of day to put them in a different light so to speal and make them fresher. I'm not sure what impact it would have on the nostalgia, though.

blackwiggle
26th April 2009, 12:42 AM
What ever tracks we do get you can be sure there will be a huge surge in online play ,and this forum will light up like a Christmas tree with a huge amount of new threads.

Piraphaic,Flashback Jack,Asayyeah,Mad Ice & Leungbok will be hard at it trying to find every possible BR and short cut location,and we will all be looking at the records going WTF ,how did they get that time.
Some things are just inevitable.

taqili
26th April 2009, 05:37 AM
Manor Top, Stanza Inter, Hi Fumii, Mega Mall :)

qft. wip3out tracks were outstanding. let's add P-Mar Project to that list though, shall we? ;)

Darkdrium777
27th April 2009, 12:29 AM
I don't get it what was wrong with the advert panel?
Try going there on Phantom. Soon enough you'll realize there is one advert panel you can hit pretty easily, and it's really annoying because a lot of times it makes you fall on the back. ;)

i'm little bit tired of the usuals little van, fire,ambulance or transport trucks around in the skies
Hehehe... They have what is called "whale ships" in Pulse... or underwater ships. XD Although there are a few small fishes as well from what I've seen, which is playing the track since three days ago (Not much then).

darkfaerytales
27th April 2009, 01:08 AM
then it wasn't my imagination:|, was seems to me to have seen like a " whale " on the " underwater track ";) there is what seems like a futuristic submersible as well

Maschinengeist
30th April 2009, 07:42 PM
I voted for exclusive, new tracks. My reasoning is as follows:

I want longer tracks. MUCH longer. I want the Nurburgring Nordschleife of Wipeout. I'd love to have tracks where the laps were more than 30 seconds long; I'm starting to feel like I'm racing around a gokart track with a jet fighter anymore, lol...especially in zone mode; it just feels ridiculously short. Also, I think it'd be awesome to really let these things stretch their legs in zone mode, even at the higher velocities; some straightaways would REALLY be nice, IMHO.

I mean, the Green Hell takes well over 8 minutes per lap with the average sports car going full tilt boogie. Most race cars are capable of it in 7.5 minutes, maybe longer, depending on the driver's skill and his familiarity with the track.

I don't need something quite THAT long, but something that lasts a couple minutes on Phantom would be nice.

Just my $0.02.

Darkdrium777
30th April 2009, 08:21 PM
Sinucit :)
As far as I remember it's 50 seconds per lap in Phantom on PurE

Maschinengeist
30th April 2009, 11:58 PM
Jeez, I've not played Pure in so long...I loved that track, and definitely miss it. :)

RJ O'Connell
3rd May 2009, 03:48 PM
First four tracks I'd want are Talon's Junction, De Konstruct (imagine how high the Zone scores will be on that, LOL), The Amphiseum, and Vertica. All of them have mag-lock in some capacity, it would make Pure and Pulse tracks even at 6-6 a piece, and besides that they were all really fun. (Maybe you could switch one of those tracks with Outpost 7 for "the lulz".)

Cyberio
3rd May 2009, 03:55 PM
Personally, i like tracks from 90's Wipeouts. But i don't know if they will put some of these ones (or only these ones).
My prefered tracks if they come are:

Altima VII
Terramax
Korodera
Silverstream
Firestar
Sagarmatha
Gare D'Europa
Mega Mall
Stanza Inter
P-Mar Project

But putting Pure/Pulse tracks will be good anyway, i don't have these games, so, for me, will be as new.

RJ O'Connell
3rd May 2009, 04:29 PM
They'd have to be rebuilt from scratch just to be playable in HD without bouncing all over the place, remember Karbonis in Pure, at Phantom speed? Yeah, we need less of that.

d4onps
3rd May 2009, 09:16 PM
I'm greedy, come on, let's have them all. The PS games were great but after HD the graphics are a real strain on the eyes. The PSP games, I feel like I'm gene splicing it's so small. HD is the perfect platform, let's not let those classic tracks be forgotten.

PLazarou
3rd May 2009, 10:23 PM
I voted for exclusive, new tracks. My reasoning is as follows:

I want longer tracks. MUCH longer. I want the Nurburgring Nordschleife of Wipeout. I'd love to have tracks where the laps were more than 30 seconds long; I'm starting to feel like I'm racing around a gokart track with a jet fighter anymore, lol...especially in zone mode; it just feels ridiculously short. Also, I think it'd be awesome to really let these things stretch their legs in zone mode, even at the higher velocities; some straightaways would REALLY be nice, IMHO.

I mean, the Green Hell takes well over 8 minutes per lap with the average sports car going full tilt boogie. Most race cars are capable of it in 7.5 minutes, maybe longer, depending on the driver's skill and his familiarity with the track.

I don't need something quite THAT long, but something that lasts a couple minutes on Phantom would be nice.

Just my $0.02.
I'm fully expecting a pack of eight more Pure/Pulse tracks but you're absolutely right, on Phantom and faster Zone speeds the current tracks feel too short. Just something double the length would be awesome.

micky1984
4th May 2009, 11:28 AM
id love to see vertica the flow to that track was great and amphesium was good for close racing as it wasnt to difficult either way id like to c more pulse tracks which i think is the likely hood seein as we only got moa and metropia in HD, hav to say my anticipation is growing maaahhooooossiivllyy every day for DLC