PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout HD and Text Chat

micky1984
17th April 2009, 09:03 AM
I recently just used text chat while playing wipeout for the first time with a bunch of WZ players and found the hole thing rather cool . . . . . . . . but i have a few questions to any Zoners who use it alot.

Number 1

When exciting the chat to start a race has the XMB ever got stuck for about 20 seconds befor returning you to the game, inadvertantly buggering up the race :blarg ? This happened to me twice Has it happened to you?

Number 2
I Noticed that people were typing extremely fast, maybe 2 fast for the poxy joypad interface. So what is your weapon of choice when it comes to typing if u do not use a joypad?

Thanks to anyone who replies, i think the text chat is kinda cool and reminded me of when a bunch of us would meet on pulse and chat via msn. It made the hole experiance ten times better :lol

chboing
17th April 2009, 10:52 AM
1st question : no never ... sometime maybe 2 or 3 second more than the normal 1 or 2, but rarely.

2nd question : i type slowwwly :p with the ps3 thing ... boring, maybe i'll plug a usb keyboard one day ...

RedScar
17th April 2009, 12:37 PM
1. I've had that happen to me rarly, that is more dependent when you try and exit the XMB when the game is going through a critical loading stage so your PS3 isn't able to cope with both things at the same time without some slowdown.

2. If its a really heated converstaion I just unplug my PC USB keyboard and use it, otherwise I stick with the controller.

afatsuoM
17th April 2009, 02:18 PM
1. I never used chat in Wipeout, so don't know. Maybe I will after reading this thread.

2. When I chat (in other games), I use my official wireless keypad. It's better than using the standard on screen keyboard, but not as good as a full keyboard. Saves up a lot of space though.

SaturnReturn
17th April 2009, 06:05 PM
I use a USB keyboard for chat. I can annoy people more quickly and frequently this way :D

KIGO1987
17th April 2009, 07:46 PM
You can type fast with the Sixaxis/DS3 controller, you get a fair wack of practice when you have a lot of messages to reply to. Expecially between races before tournaments, but that all changes when the update came out.

zeeZ
19th April 2009, 12:57 AM
What sucks is if there's something loading and you go to the chat cursor movement lags a lot...

Oh yeah, and stop typing while I'm racing, on SD the chat covers my current position, energy and pickup :lol

micky1984
19th April 2009, 09:06 AM
lol i agree with that, also all logic dictates that u dont try and read those messages while racing, still i never seem to learn usually resulting with me a couple of meters from my racing line heading towards the barrier :cold