PDA

View Full Version : Cheats?

burt_ie
15th April 2009, 01:02 PM
Just out of curiosity are there any cheats and are people able to use them on-line?
Reason for me asking is: I was racing and just as I overtook someone he flew over a weapon pad, as I got in front of him he shot me and overtook, as he came in front he dropped a bomb right in front of even though he didn't fly over another weapons pad! I am a little puzzled as there was no one else near us on the track that could have shot me as there were only 4 players and they were way out in front :frown:

kanar
15th April 2009, 01:04 PM
Lag, mate. Lag. Ping rulez.

stinkleroy
15th April 2009, 01:07 PM
No cheats that I know of but I know lag can cause a lot of issues like this. I've been last in a 3 player race, 3 seconds ehind 1st place and I've been shot with rockets from behind....I also know that sometimes a glitch in the game can cause a player to have infinate weapons but this has only happened to me once before and I quit the race as it's unfair. Apart from that....LAG :lol

archman
15th April 2009, 01:15 PM
Yes, it's probably a lag which is a problem on Pulse online also. So it ends like more racers can pickup weapons from the same slot in a little time period. And I was wondering how some guy managed to drop a weapon after he absorbed it. A LAG :-

zeeZ
15th April 2009, 01:50 PM
In midair, push left, right, left for a boost cheat. It's the worst one I ever came across, you even have to use it to get the zico trophy :blarg

archman
15th April 2009, 01:54 PM
hahah :D:D:D You like 'em, don't you? ;)

blackwiggle
15th April 2009, 02:17 PM
There's a weird phenomenon happening occasionally online ATM, where even if you are running last you can get shot by missiles or rockets from behind,it's happened to me twice.

KIGO1987
15th April 2009, 02:54 PM
Lag, mate. Lag. Ping rulez.

That somes up my connection

burt_ie
15th April 2009, 07:48 PM
Ah right got ya :)
Most definitely lag then, I have noticed quite a few strange things lately as its only been happening since the new update :bomb

Thanks guys:)

stinkleroy
15th April 2009, 09:48 PM
All the stuff I quoted in my earlier post happened to me before the new patch or firmware update. It's just the crazy world of wipeout online, expect the unexpected ;)

Motorsagmannen
15th April 2009, 09:56 PM
In midair, push left, right, left for a boost cheat. It's the worst one I ever came across, you even have to use it to get the zico trophy :blarg

lolz xD

and speaking of weapon lag, i once got shot with a plasma by the guy in front of me.
my response was "WHAT THE ****" and i leapt out of the sofa, i almost snapped my controller in twain to. totally lost it after that and couldnt fokus on the race anymore xS

IH8YOU
15th April 2009, 11:18 PM
You haven't lived until you have SHOT YOURSELF WITH YOUR OWN ROCKETS. It can be done, especially with the 1.3 upgrade - happened more than once now. :lol

Two player race - he's got a bomb - I've got rockets - No weapons pad in sight - and I know he's gonna drop the bomb around the blind corner - I hear it and shoot the rockets.

Bang, I asploded.... Thinking, poop, must have missed that bomb after all - but I steered away from it just in case of that... so upon respawning, I round this same corner, and there is Mr. Bomb, still waiting for me... :turd

blackwiggle
15th April 2009, 11:51 PM
Have you ever dropped bombs or mines only to be shunted off the track,then respawn with those bombs/mines directly and unavoidably in front of you?

That's double the pain time.

Vartazian
16th April 2009, 01:12 AM
Yeah theres this weird cheat happenening to me too.

People somehow are beating me in races.

Its an obvious glitch.

burt_ie
16th April 2009, 12:25 PM
[So that's what it is! :+ :lol

yeldar2097
16th April 2009, 01:21 PM
yeah it's always interesting when you get bombed by people behind you and quaked by people in front of you...
ahhh...the joys of lag ;)

mdhay
16th April 2009, 01:23 PM
But there's a fallacy, isn't there? That the people who use a lag switch (there will probably be somone who uses one) are getting nothing out of it, but do it anyway. That being said, why would somebody make a lag switch?

IH8YOU
17th April 2009, 03:21 AM
How to enable the lag-switch:

On the splash / intro screen enter the following into controller # 1.

/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A B Select Start

:eek

yeldar2097
17th April 2009, 12:04 PM
there's an A and a B button on my controller??
so that's why i can't get the lag-switch to work :P

Hellfire_WZ
17th April 2009, 02:11 PM
Somehow I don't think 30 lives will help me very much ;)