PDA

View Full Version : The NeGcon

WolfKill01
12th April 2009, 10:35 PM
I heard that the negcon controller for the playstation doesn't have 2, R and L buttons. Wouldn't that mean that the controller would be pointless for time trials since that means there is no acess to the hyperthrust? :(

BulletWraith
13th April 2009, 12:14 AM
lol you know you can change the control layout in the options menu?
anyway the way the neGcon is mapped out I think you only loose view change and maybe rear view(if that option is available) I'm not sure its been to long since I played with a DualShock/DualAnalog
I think my Hyperthrust is mapped to the 'I' button & I'd guess the A or B button in the standard settings

I like the neGcon, but many stick to the D-Pad after trying it, I'd say its at least worth a go as if you do end up liking it you'll probably never want to race with anything else ever

-zer:donutshen

Lance
13th April 2009, 01:15 AM
There is access to hyperthrust. In fact, the control layout is more convenient for Time Trial than for Single Race. The layout can be very thoroughly remapped.

Xavier
13th April 2009, 06:26 PM
I have a black Negcon and actually prefer the regular controller for WO3. I like to assign L1 to "fire" and R1 to "hyperthrust", which you can't do with a Neggie unless you move the airbrakes somewhere else (which is unthinkable).

Lance, IIRC, it's not quite as thorough as it could be. I can't remember now, but it wouldn't let me do a certain layout I wanted to try -- maybe II and I for thrust and fire, B and A for hyperthrust and drop? I'd have to try plugging the Negcon in again and seeing.

In any case, I loved the Negcon in the original Wipeout -- it gave me a quantum-leap boost in my game -- but not in WO3 or Fusion.

Asayyeah
13th April 2009, 06:31 PM
unless you move the airbrakes somewhere else (which is unthinkable).
Sorry to lol cause i had the same feeling ( unthinkable) before meeting the famous Al Sartwell who can use his Negcon that way... I can tell you that is something to watch :O

Lance
13th April 2009, 06:46 PM
~snip~Lance, IIRC, it's not quite as thorough as it could be. I can't remember now, but it wouldn't let me do a certain layout I wanted to try -- maybe II and I for thrust and fire, B and A for hyperthrust and drop? I'd have to try plugging the Negcon in again and seeing.~snip~

I was always able to change the assignments for everything on WO3, which is what Wolfkill is asking about. I don't at the moment recall what I did on WO1.

BulletWraith
13th April 2009, 10:51 PM
'unthinkable'
had to also LOL, the only reason I don't play WO1 is because I can't get the Air Breaks off L/R
for 2097, W3O and 3SE(which I finally acquired last week yay! me) I have my Air Breaks on A & B as they aren't squishy analogue Buttons with L Accel/R Fire
as for Fusion the neGcon didn't really work for me either so I gave it to a mate

And yes all the buttons on the neGcon are mapable in W3O though I had a few issues with the game freezing a bit or taking to long to respond when changing them around(it got really bad with the UltraRacer), maybe my disc is scratched I dunno, but no troubles thus far in 3SE

good day
-zer:donutshen

element42
17th April 2009, 07:41 PM
I had a few issues with the game freezing a bit or taking to long to respond when changing them aroundI'm pretty sure that's a common issue

WolfKill01
24th May 2009, 02:33 AM
I completely forgot about controller configuration. Boy I feel like an idiot. :redface:

JABBERJAW
24th May 2009, 02:48 AM
I have never heaed of lag with negcon config switches, nor experienced them. It screws up link mode though if you take gas off an analog button.