PDA

View Full Version : Not played Pure in ages.

chri5
12th April 2009, 10:44 AM
It feels good to be back. I've had Pulse in the UMD of my PSP pretty much since it came out (apart from the odd stint on Vice City).

The handling is so different to HD though, I felt like a total beginner again on Venita K! :robot

Temet
12th April 2009, 10:54 AM
Yep!
Handling is so different between Pure and Pulse that I decided to finish Pure before Pulse and not mix them (I just recently bought a PSP).

Welcome back ;)

GreenPhazon
12th April 2009, 01:32 PM
I lost my copy of Pure and although Pulse is good, it doesn't stop me being a sad panda.

Temet
12th April 2009, 02:51 PM
Dude, buy a new copy ... platinum is cheap!

GreenPhazon
12th April 2009, 03:30 PM
I'm likely to in the near future. I need some good PSP games.

guillaume
13th April 2009, 12:32 PM
I played a few hours of Pure recently, and it's so refreshing! Pulse I only enjoy online, but Pure? The physics and level design in this game are amazing. Can't wait for the convention. :)

rdmx
13th April 2009, 02:31 PM
Yeah I really like wipeout pure, I hope that adhoc party comes out in English soon! I don't want to wrestle with reading Japanese!
*the ping will probably kill me, just like it did when I tried kai*

SaturnReturn
13th April 2009, 09:29 PM
I started playing this again today. When I first got it I only played a couple of tournaments while on a business trip and HD came out shortly after so never got into it big time. It's true though, it is very refreshing. I actually like feeling like a noob. Simple challenges like not grinding the walls the whole time are easier to overcome and less frustrating than the challenges I have in HD.

I find it quite realixing too, and 1st person mode is far less punishing. I'll probably be asking you guys for tips in no time.

Temet
14th April 2009, 06:57 AM
If you didn't play a lot, you may have a doubt but Triakis is in fact THE killer ship.
I saw all the records with the Triakis at the beginning and could not understand but now I always use it, I love it :D
(ok, for some races like Citta Nuova... it's a good challenge with it)

stin
14th April 2009, 04:45 PM
I decided to play Pure today while I was in my work to prevent my boredom!

Wow!, Pure is soo lively again.

stevie:)

SaturnReturn
14th April 2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks Temet - I tried Triakis though and didn't really like it. The first thing I did was zone mode and got all golds straight away, so was using the zone ship. But then I got obliterated out of nowhere by a bomb while using autopilot just when I was getting to the front. So I'll be looking for something with better shields. Hmm, what to try next...

Temet
14th April 2009, 06:16 PM
Goteki 45 from Gamma pack is also a great ship I think ;)

SaturnReturn
14th April 2009, 06:19 PM
Awesome - I love Goteki! Auricom is best so far for me. I'll see if I can get the gamma pack.

Mad-Ice
15th April 2009, 06:48 AM
I have been playing Pure lately to practise for the EWC 2009 in Frankfurt. I fell in love with this game again. The feel of the ships, the tracks, the music and the atmosphere are superb! Pure is so much more difficult and challenging than HD.

Triakis is the best ship to set the fastest records. But I have played with Goteki45 to set the records in Pure-NTSC, trying to get first and beating Triakis times. NTSC hasn't been played a lot by people so records are still beatable with other ships. The PAL version is a different story.

archman
20th April 2009, 09:26 AM
Humph, haven't been playing it for long now. I guess I will after this uni chaos days...

archman
8th May 2009, 09:48 AM
I tried Pure with Piranha today. Man, this game is so much harder than Pulse, enemies are kind of "unbalanced", on the first lap they have an enormous burst of speed, and on Phantom races they mostly bomb you with tons of weapons. This game is definitely more challenging than Pulse. Even though I'm not a fan of a single racing, I'll give it more time, and master it. But I'm a fan of Time Trial forever!
Also, I'm searching for the craft to race with at the moment, and I desperately hate the fact that Triakis is not allowed (but I understand why), because it's handling is soooo good, it is the best ship for me. But unfortunately, inverted-inertia system is illegal!

Cheers! ;)