PDA

View Full Version : great game!

stin
16th October 2002, 12:34 PM
does anyone loves this game (I do!)

ok I`m on holiday in north of scotland so I`ve played Wip3out game ever since and fantastic game.

stin :D

PS I`m gonna get these records!! (I wish) :o

Myke_AG_Sys™
16th October 2002, 02:12 PM
Whoa, a fellow Scot. Y'alright neighbour. Funny, I say neighbour...I'm from Dumfries and I don't have a clue where Bonnybridge is. Yes I love Wip3out!

Myke.

zargz
16th October 2002, 05:53 PM
if u love this wait till u get wo3se!!! 8)

DJ Techno
16th October 2002, 05:56 PM
Is it better than WO3?

jmoid
16th October 2002, 06:33 PM
it's got tracks from wipEout and 2097... but it's PAL only i'm afraid.

DJ Techno
16th October 2002, 06:39 PM
well then?

it's alright by me :)
I will want to own it
Add it to my collection

stin
19th October 2002, 04:47 PM
Whoa, a fellow Scot. Y'alright neighbour. Funny, I say neighbour...I'm from Dumfries and I don't have a clue where Bonnybridge is. Yes I love Wip3out!

Myke.

only 45mins drive from here!

stin :D

stin
19th October 2002, 04:49 PM
if u love this wait till u get wo3se!!! 8)

yeah got WO3SE as well but not played it yet! so I want to complete this game first!

stin :wink:

infoxicated
19th October 2002, 07:33 PM
Wow - being from Helensburgh, about an hour from Glasgow, does this mean we have a hard-core Clan McWipeout going here?! :D

Synthetic Consciousness
19th October 2002, 09:43 PM
*fishes out Gaelic dictionary*

"Wipeout" in Gaelic is Treascair.

"There's nary a body alive that can outrun a greased Scotsman!" -Groundskeeper Willie

Lance
19th October 2002, 10:32 PM
''does this mean we have a hard-core Clan McWipeout going here?!''

as long as ye dinnae play the pipes, lads!

Anastasia
20th October 2002, 02:04 AM
LOL. I have both wip3out and wip3out SE and thoroughly enjoy playing them. I know the design was minimal but I really liked that.

Vasudeva
20th October 2002, 10:55 AM
Hey, how about this? What's wipeout in other languages?

In Dutch, it would be "Uitroeien" or "Wegvegen".

V.

Lance
20th October 2002, 03:53 PM
would wegvegen just translate as 'car'? like the german wegwagen [way wagon] as a vehicle that can be driven along a 'way', whether it's a highway or a byway.? or is it a whole different thing in dutch?

DJ Techno
20th October 2002, 07:57 PM
^The German Volkswagon

isn't that what you mean, pertaining to wagons?
I don't know.

But for all the scotish folks
The movie Formula 51
with Samual L Jackson in it, is going to feature him wearing a scotish kilt
or the dress you were in ceremonys and occational wear.
Do you think if I visited yall's country I would look alright in one of those?
Being me and Samual are both black.

Lance
20th October 2002, 09:15 PM
no, that isn't what i mean. 'volkswagen' just means ''people's car'; it was a project initiated by the Nazis before world war II to produce a cheap car that would be more easily afforded by more people than most german cars of the time were. the responsibility for designing it was given to Ferdinand Porsche.

the german word for 'way', meaning 'a road', is 'weg'.

Synthetic Consciousness
21st October 2002, 01:23 AM
In Japanese: Uaipautto, [alternately:] Jidoushajiko.

In Latin: Fragoris.

Spaceboy Gajo
21st October 2002, 04:24 PM
In Latin: Fragoris.

It almost sounds as if the Latin version describes Wipeout down to a tee. You know with all the weapons and the eliminations.

Also, would sound like a great course.

Or a great planet on Doctor Who.

In the TARDIS,

spaceboy gajo

DJ Techno
21st October 2002, 04:28 PM
And I took German for two years

and this is what I get for not doing work and passing test with C's
Lance
Volkswagen owns Porsche
BMW owns the McFlaren F1 racing team and all products
Mercedes owns, well they own the hearts of millionaires.
With there excellent producing of fine Luxury automobiles.

Lance
21st October 2002, 06:25 PM
Volkswagen may indeed own Porsche now, but they used to be separate companies till relatively recently, like perhaps the 80s.

but what does this have to do with the design of the original Volkswagen?

Mercedes is made by the Daimler-Benz company which has now merged with Chrysler as Daimler-Chrysler. which also has nothing to do with the english language translation of 'volkswagen'. ;)

DJ Techno
21st October 2002, 06:32 PM
You can take the engine of a volkswagen and put it into the engine of a porsche.

before or after Volkswagen took control of Porsche and engineers were able to switch motors from one VW to a Porsche and backwards.

:-? ...

Lance
21st October 2002, 06:52 PM
since Ferdinand Porsche designed both the original Volkswagen and the original Porsche with the same basic mechanical design, interchangeability was fairly easy in the early models. even up to the time of my 1962 Porsche cabrio, which i unfortunately no longer own, it was still easy. after the 911 model Porsche came out in the mid-60s, this was no longer true. now, for many years, the European VWs have not even had a rear-engine design. interchangeability does not exist between VW and Porsche. while it is true that you can put any engine from any car into any other car if you're willing to make extensive modifications, that does not constitute interchangeability

DJ Techno
21st October 2002, 07:28 PM
before I go
to mention the new VW beetle with turbo and four wheel drive
make that the first car designed by VW with that capability
and I am asking lance this
does the Porsche 944 1989 model is it a four cyclinder with turbo or six?
I am buying one for $2500 and everything is brand new except the interiour and tented windows.

Lance
21st October 2002, 08:47 PM
all of the model 944 [and also the 924 models with an Audi engine] had four-cylinder inline engines mounted in front, but driving the rear wheels. there was no six available for Porsche's front-engined cars. the 928 [a completely different chassis from the 924] had a V8 in front driving the rear wheels

btw, there was a VW model called the Synchro which had four wheel drive back in the 80's. it was a small station wagon version of one of the small front-wheel-drive sedans

DJ Techno
22nd October 2002, 01:00 PM
Wipeout Deutesch
Das ist snell
Das ist coolist TV game un globe

Lance
good, because I haven't even driven the car yet, I have seen it inside and out, but one of my friends, friend asked me if I knew anything about cars and I said yes, started talking about the two cars I preparing to get. started on the porsche and he couldn't believe a 944 turbo was four cyclinder. With the huge and massive Air Mass system it had,I couldn't believe it myself. I thought it was a six, but the dealer said it was four.