PDA

View Full Version : "Official" V1.30 Update Changelog

Darkdrium777
10th April 2009, 05:57 AM
Why is "Official" in quotation marks? Well this has to do with the visible changes and invisible or unannounced changes made to the game in this new patch.
Sure, we've had the PS.Blog post (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/04/07/wipeout-hd-update-racing-to-psn/) about it to tell us about online rankings and etc, but what they didn't say is what other bugs were fixed (Bugs reported here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5321).) and what other things were added/modified.

I will add the following *NEW* tag to stuff I have added the most recently. Please keep checking back :)

Here is the changelog:

"OFFICIAL" 1.30 UPDATE CHANGELOG

General:

Dynamic HUD effects can be toggled On or Off
Progression bar during loading actually shows loading progress
The Select Button can no longer be used as a key bind
At all times during gameplay, you can pause and view the game invites people have sent you, or press the Select Button if you are on the main menu
Contender Eliminated game lag has been fixed
Mines have a green glow around them
Leech Beam slow down effect has been increased
Rockets slow down effect has been increased
Quake travel speed has been slowed down

Offline:

Split Screen has been optimized for better performance
Split Screen now allows you to disable the AI opponents
Zone mode graphical effects have been enhanced (See here (http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6078) for details)
Zone craft handling is more responsive (See here (http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6078) for details)
You can now cancel your lap time in Speed Lap to regain your turbo powerup. Can be used multiple times to complete a "preparation" lap more quickly. The cancel option is assigned to the Select Button
The "quit race" option has disappeared from the pause menu in Speed Lap mode. *NEW*

Online:

50 online ranks have been made available for you to progress through
33 badges can be obtained for performing specific actions in online events
Spectator mode is available for late joiners. Watch the best players in action!
A podium depicting the three best players has been added at the end of online events
Friend invites and friend tracking supported
Barrel rolls can be toggled On or Off [Host option]
Pilot Assist can be allowed or disallowed [Host option]
Hints showing what pickups each player is carrying can be toggled On or Off [Host option]
The number of laps for a race can be increased from the default minimum (3 for Venom, 4 for Flash and Rapier, 5 for Phantom) to 20 [Host option]
Games can be created publicly, for friends only or on an invitation basis [Host option]
Game host can no longer choose the maximum number of players for an online game.
A Badge section has been added on the online lobby so you can view your collected badges
A new Online Rank ranking table has been added under the Records on the Main Menu
The online lobby now shows every game available, either in progress or waiting for players, and the options selected by the host under the server list
Loading screens during tournaments show the scoreboard and the list of tracks from the tournament
Bomb proximity issue, which caused random detonation when passing near one, has been fixed
Mines stay deployed on the track longer than the default time frame (Which is six seconds)

Of course this may seem a little redundant, as many things were already discussed in other threads, but for viewing pleasure and for enjoyability, it's best to regroup everything in one thread pertaining to this particular discussion (Right Lance? :))

As I said, if you see anything missing, post about it. I think I got pretty much everything (including some things not mentioned before AFAIK, like the ability to disable HUD effects), but if something is missing, it needs to be said! :)

Soccermom
10th April 2009, 06:05 AM
Great post Darkdrium. I like the concise overview :)

I certainly hope the weapons changes is a serverside setting gone wrong. As it is right now, it feels like weaponspawn distribution pattern is balanced wrong (shifted too much towards destruction). At least, I feel, the delicate balance is off somehow :P

Darkdrium777
10th April 2009, 06:11 AM
Yes I agree with the weapon distribution, although it's only been a few hours since release so some further testing will be required.

As for the craft handling, I have not tested yet so I am not putting it here.
Valid (ie no complaints) accounts from experience pilots with crafts they feel were "modified", please post here.

The rest I'm pretty sure about what I'm saying. I might modify mines from General to Online, because I haven't seen mines last as long offline, though I still need more testing.

Yay for concise overview :)

Avenger2197
10th April 2009, 06:17 AM
Actually Darkdrium mines do not last as long as on-line. I played a bunch of off-line races to pass time before work. On-line I was hitting my own mines, off-line not at all. I even payed attention to the rumble when they explode by themselves, it was the same timeframe as it had always been.

Darkdrium777
10th April 2009, 06:19 AM
Yes indeed I have just observed this fact. :)

ProblemSolver
10th April 2009, 06:28 AM
Zone craft handling is more responsive
Yeah, I've worked that out before, see; Changes to the ZONE mode : v1.30 (http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6078).

Darkdrium777
10th April 2009, 06:30 AM
Indeed. I am just grouping everything here in a concise way. I will link your thread which is more detailed about the Zone changes. :)

ProblemSolver
10th April 2009, 06:32 AM
k k thx

Darkdrium777
10th April 2009, 06:46 AM
Updated for the Progression bar which now actually shows loading progress :lol

leungbok
10th April 2009, 09:50 AM
Hey mates, don't you have the feeling that the rockets precision increases ?
It don't follows you like a missile now but...All i know is that rockets hits their targets more often, no ?

afatsuoM
10th April 2009, 09:55 AM
Updated for the Progression bar which now actually shows loading progress :lol

I remember this was the case when Wipeout HD just came out. It never worked for very long though. I think this has just been fixed rather than being a new feature.

@Darkdrium777: maybe you're right (probably :P). But I remember a point where I thought "why isn't the progress bar working anymore?". I probably never noticed that it didn't work before that.

By the way: I BEAT ZICO YESTERDAY! Feeling sooo happy :D Just one more trophy to go (Arcade Perfect).

Darkdrium777
10th April 2009, 10:13 AM
No, it never worked until now. ;)
I got the game on Sep 25th, it has never worked until 1.30 two days ago. :)

LOUDandPROUD
10th April 2009, 01:38 PM
As far as the handling changes, I definitely have noticed a change to Feisar, my primary ship. Feels a tad heavier and more stable, without a sacrifice in handling, if that makes sense. All I know is that I'm having an easier time maintaining control/lines than I used to...I like the feel of it even better now. The only other ship I've messed around with since the patch is Icaras, but it was brief, therefore, I can't comment on it.

Feisar31
10th April 2009, 08:47 PM
Rockets slow down effect has been increased

I haven't noticed this, but then again the recovery time was already an eternity in an Icaras. ;) I also believe the collision detection for the mines is more precise, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Here's one though:

The host can't choose the maximum number of players anymore.

:(

Darkdrium777
10th April 2009, 09:21 PM
Right. Thanks for the add. :)

crawdad62
11th April 2009, 03:42 PM
I noticed that if someone leaves a race in a tournament that it blows up right at the start? At least I assume that is the case. It happened last night while I was in a tournament. Pretty cool watching a ship being eliminated except a couple of times I missed a speed pad or a weapons pad right at the start because I was in the back of the field and had to navigate through a big fire ball just to find it.

Nunalho
11th April 2009, 04:54 PM
I cant say i noticed any changes to Zone mode besides the color swap (reverse).

Feisar31
12th April 2009, 07:27 PM
Another one: The lobby timer for starting the race automatically has changed. Now when you come back from an 8-player race, the time countdown starts almost immediately.

Connavar
12th April 2009, 08:55 PM
I must say I hate the new rockets, when I use them myself, it means game over
for the victim, and same (obviously) when I got hit by them myself.
Rockets were already powerful enough I think...
Maybe they could go back to what they were, and if they want better rockets,
then slightly increase their speed?

Darkdrium777
12th April 2009, 09:07 PM
I must say I hate the new rockets, when I use them myself, it means game over for the victimIndeed I feel the same. :/

Vartazian
13th April 2009, 10:31 AM
Rockets slow down more then plasma does now ( I checked)

THat is if the plasma doesnt kill you.

Im glad they made the leech beam useful.

silverfoxy
13th April 2009, 11:04 AM
If you get hit by a rocket now its ridiculous. Takes at least 3 seconds to recover by which time the race is lost.

The other day I caught a load of mines full in the face which eliminated me. It took 3 seconds to bring the ship back and then a further 3 seconds to get going again. Most frustrating.

Connavar
13th April 2009, 11:14 AM
Mines are "okay" I think because it's still possible to avoid most of them and
sustain little damage, well unless you're right behind the miner (but then it's
your fault!). However rockets... this could happen early in the race, someone
just behind you lucky to pick up the rockets and then GAME OVER,
have a nice day.

Oh yeah right, plasma and bomb slow you down much less than rockets now.

SaturnReturn
17th April 2009, 10:48 PM
Is it mentioned anywhere that in speed lap there is now only an option to "end session" and not "quit race"? I know that used to bug people. No more lost awesome laps :+

Darkdrium777
17th April 2009, 10:55 PM
Indeed. I had noticed this as well, but failed to report. :+

Sch@dows
21st April 2009, 09:34 AM
You can now cancel your lap time in Speed Lap to regain your turbo powerup. Can be used multiple times to complete a "preparation" lap more quickly. The cancel option is assigned to the Select ButtonI wish I knew that. It would have help trying to beat Zico's time last friday u_u