PDA

View Full Version : problem with WipeoutHD since installing FW 2.70

Trystano
3rd April 2009, 09:47 AM
Hi all (i'm new to this forum, so hello all! :)),

I seem to have a bit of a problem after installing firmware 2.70. Its seems to have de-activated my copy of WipeoutHD and resorted back to the demo copy of the game.

Basically, I had the demo, then I game shared with a mate and downloaded the activation key via a mates PSN account (I believe when you purchase WipeoutHD when you have the demo, you only download a key which activates everything).

All my original game saves are still there, though.

Has anyone experienced something like this yet?

Thanks

lunar
3rd April 2009, 10:07 AM
A similar thing happened to me when I game shared with someone else for other stuff, and I had to re-download the unlock key. You will only have to download that small file. It sounds strange, I advise you to back up your game save (I lost mine once).

Trystano
3rd April 2009, 11:09 AM
Hi Lunar, and thanks for the reply.

So will this strike off another download for my mate since I downloaded through his account.

Also, did this problem occur to you after downloading a Firmware update?

Also, what will happen if I delete the demo of the game from my PS3, and then re-download the game key?

Will it not work since I dont have the demo?

Darkdrium777
3rd April 2009, 12:02 PM
It will not count as another download, since your PS3 is already activated with his account.

If you delete the demo, you will have to re-download it again.

Trystano
3rd April 2009, 12:57 PM
Are you 100% sure on that? So a game download doesn't increment for PS3's that a game download is registered against.

Also, regarding the game, if someone wanted to buy the game without having downloaded the demo, they would first have had to download the demo, then the key?

Thanks

Darkdrium777
3rd April 2009, 01:04 PM
Are you 100% sure on that?Yes. For each account, you are given the possibility to download the purchased content of this account an unlimited number of times on five different PS3 systems.

Since your friend has downloaded once, it leaves four PS3 systems, since you downloaded once, it leaves three PS3 systems. Both of you can download an infinite number of times, and theoretically three other people could also do the same with your friend's account, provided you want to..

The demo is required as it is actually the full game, only locked. That is why you need the unlock key. Download the demo and the unlock key, any order will do.

lunar
3rd April 2009, 01:44 PM
Hi Trystano, the problem of losing the unlock key and my save game occurred for me after changing the email address I use to sign in to my PSN account. It`s a known bug that corrupts game saves. If you change the sign in email address of an account you risk it happening. Anwyay, hope you get your game going, welcome to WZ :)

Trystano
3rd April 2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks for your replies all.

Been a massive help! :)