PDA

View Full Version : just completed the tri-console network!

Thruster2097
15th October 2002, 07:01 AM
Either I have way too much money, or I am well and truly addicted to games...... I just got my Xbox. Which will most probably gather dust with my Gamecube, because I m still trying to get past zone 5 in Fusion.
Microsoft held a special event linked to a popular games retailer, where you can take home the box, and 5 games for £250. Which may seem like a lot of money, but compared to what it should cost normally, it`s a steal. Got Halo, Taz:Wanted (which I gave to my little cousin) Project Gotham Racing, Wreckless, and......... quantum redshift.

forget fusion...... there is a new god.
thats all I am going to say now, but more WILL follow.
this game is truly awesome.

DJ Techno
15th October 2002, 01:29 PM
So the Video Game Gods have been gratefull to you.
Thats good

but I still say the XBOX bites
but have played a few of the games you got
Halo
thats a good game play both XBOX and PC.

Thruster2097
16th October 2002, 06:58 AM
The system itself looks loke a big black brick. Ugly would be an understatement! The menus all covered in booger-green..... In short, I dont like the xbox, I just like the games that the developers make for it. In an ideal world, all games would be ported onto every console, but people have to make money somehow....

DJ Techno
16th October 2002, 04:48 PM
If Bill Gates wanted to make money

More money than what it already has
then he would have created a game console that look a whole lot better
than AMP looks like.
you know the thing, you hook up to your Woofer system in your car and is attached to
one or four 12in Kicker competion speakers.

And goes Boom, Boom, BOOM,BOOM.

jmoid
16th October 2002, 06:36 PM
forget fusion...... there is a new god.
aw man, don't say that! i don't want to have to buy an x-box as well...

DJ Techno
16th October 2002, 06:44 PM
I think you would only have to buy the XBOX for one good reason.
-and this is what I would do.
If the seventh Wipeout game is for the XBOX system
1.Wipeout
2.Wipeout 2097
3.Wipeout 64
4. Wipeout 3
5. Wipeout 3 Special Edtion
6. Wipeout Fusion
Other wise just buy the XBOX and hook it up to your car as an entertainment system for when you are busy not doing anything on the road.
Cadillac El Dorado
Mazda RX7
Honda Civic
Saturn SC2 or SC1
etc

Thruster2097
17th October 2002, 07:01 AM
I`m not joking, the xbox would be really good for an in-car system, seeing as it stores audio tracks onto a playlist. It kinda destroys any cd changer that I know of...
and yes, it does look like an amp..... only thing is an amp will wave green neon lights somewhere on it.....

I already said that I didnt buy it because I like it, I only got it because it was cheap. I could slate it for an eternity..... but i'm naturally a bit more optimistic! (but I could pick faults quite easily)

:jmoid I'll bring the xbox with me when I visit, you will definatley love OR hate it, bou its something you have to experience....
and :dj_techno..... quantum redshift may aswell be named WipEoutX. Made by a wipeout legend for a new breed of pilot. Thats a big compliment!!

DJ Techno
17th October 2002, 01:05 PM
prey tail may I ask...

who is the Wipeout Legend?

Thruster-I am thinking about putting my PS2 system into my car
a Saturn SC1, I use the car mostly for and I am proud of being one/doing it.
Street Racing and going to car shows like Import Nights and other events.

Should I put the XBox system inside my car instead of the PS2?

Lance
17th October 2002, 02:51 PM
the wipeout Legend is Nick Burcombe, the game designer of both the original wipEout and wipeout 2097/XL. you've seen his posts here in the forums. most recently, on the ''questions for the designers'' thread

DJ Techno
17th October 2002, 02:57 PM
Ok.
now I know.

Spaceboy Gajo
17th October 2002, 05:31 PM
Should I put the XBox system inside my car instead of the PS2?

Although that sounds like fun, I honestly do not see the point. Are you going to park somewhere by the ocean and boot up you system. Okay, that may sound like fun, but I honestly don't see the point. For road trips it's great but if you're the driver you've got only one thing to do and that's drive.

I always hear people saying, wow this is great when they're referring to vans with DVD players or even cars. There was this one BMW my sister showed me that had a wine bar and stuff inside. Ok, that's a bit of a hyperbole but it had a lot of stuff that your house would have. She was saying how much she'd love to have that car. Sure I would to, but what fun is it if you have to hire a driver and you're the passenger.

I'm all about performance and doing this myself.

spaceboy gajo :D

DJ Techno
17th October 2002, 05:57 PM
Spaceboy Gajo
"Although that sounds like fun, I honestly do not see the point. Are you going to park somewhere by the ocean and boot up you system"

Yes its going to be fun, the point in putting the game system inside of my car is to customize it to a perfect detail that makes my car the hottest import on the streets.
My little thing I do that doesn't involve around education and work
Customizing and Racing Cars and Motorcycles.
I am making my own website, its going to be called the House of Techno.com, completely dedicated to Electronic music, AG Racing, DJ, music, Art, Street Racing, Import/Domestic Cars, etc. Someday I will make the website.

The risk in putting in the game system inside my car is great and not so great.
1. power
2. place to put everything
3. Theft (thieves)

I do agree putting a wine bar inside a BMW is a bit over the wall there.
wait a minute.
was the BMW like a limo?
because if it was then I would want to own that car also.

Lance
17th October 2002, 07:06 PM
'' that makes my car the hottest import on the streets. ''

i coulda sworn that a Saturn is a GeneralMotors car made in north america, and therefore not an import since you indicated that you live on the ''east coast'' of north america ;)

Spaceboy Gajo
17th October 2002, 07:07 PM
DJ Techno,

I honestly cannot remember which BMW it was, but it was a regualr sized sedan and not something that was stretched. All I remember is what my sister showed me.

As for imports, I do not think Saturn's are considered Imports. More like Hondas, Volkswagen, anything other than the US. It sounds fun and when you do get it done send us a link, I'd like to see it.

Also, do the same for your web site when it's done. I'm interested in how it'll turn out.

spaceboy gajo :D

DJ Techno
17th October 2002, 07:48 PM
Cool I will get right on it

well truthfully my friends will
there helping me bring the website to life.

As for the car
It will probaly be a couple weeks
as soon as all finacial things are in order
and I collect the tools and parts for hooking the system up into the car.

Its nothing like doing the speaker and stereo system, its much more complexed.

jmoid
28th October 2002, 06:07 PM
:jmoid I'll bring the xbox with me when I visit, you will definatley love OR hate it, bou its something you have to experience....
cool, i'm going to by a big telly at some point soon, so we won't have to play it on my 14" matsui :)

Thruster2097
5th November 2002, 11:33 AM
from my experience, dont bother with widescreen tv's. Sure, they look modern, and they have more bells and whistles than gadgetshop.com, but the only thing they are really fantastic for is DVD players. Lets face it, every TV station, satellite and cable station and game console produces a 4:3 signal. its just a lucky few that have a 16:9 option.
I just get really annoied that some of the really great games (like Project Gotham, for instance) have to be played on a 4:3 aspect ratio, which when played through a 28" widescreen, looks more like a 16" portable. You could get a realllllly huge 33" 4:3 TV for around the same price as a small widescreen.....

but its your choice at the end of the day......

Lance
5th November 2002, 03:02 PM
was Project Gotham originally called Metropolis Street Racing, that was developed for the Dreamcast? i saw that in one place online, but i don't know for sure if they were right and it's the same game

jmoid
5th November 2002, 04:05 PM
yeah i prolly won't bother with widescreen, all i need is something reasonably sized that does NTSC 60hz and i'll be happy. the black bands at the edge of the screen on non-widescreen stuff do my head in!

JABBERJAW
6th November 2002, 11:05 PM
from what I have played of them they feel like the same. kudos are very bad, even worse than points in QR. I'll play any ridge racer game long before this one. I just think there is much better.

Thruster2097
8th November 2002, 02:02 PM
MSR was a game in its own right. Developed by Bizarre and released on the Dreamcast.
PGR is a graphically-enhanced x-box version of MSR, made by the same studio. there are a few subtle differences in gameplay, and I could go into a lot of detail because I really like the series...... but perhaps ill leave that to another forum - seeing as this is *supposed* to be about fusion.... :oops:

Wamdue
15th November 2002, 07:12 AM
heh I know that feeling thruster, when you got a shitload of consoles lying around and wondering am I greedy or just hardcore?

Just bought me a dreamcast, cool deal, I went by the local gamestore and asked if they had any, and they had one pal-dc left, never been used "its yours for 600kr" thats about what a ps2 game costs. And they got vga-adapters, mouse/keyboard ,arcade controller there for it for ridiculous prices, 2usd for a mouse for example. 2usd for a game :)

And yesterday I got a psOne delivered to me. So now I need to expand my tv-shelf to get room enough for everything, dunno if I´ll sell that pOne tho.

I will buy Quantum Redshift whenever the stocks I invested in gets a little bit higher, cause If i withdraw money now, ill loose lots. And there are games like Splinter Cell and gta:vice, I need to check them out before QR. How is the soundtrack for QR? I dont think Ive seen anyone post about it.

Shouldnt the widescreen option in the dashboard take care of PGR?

Dragon
5th January 2003, 07:51 PM
And now: an XBOX being smashed into the ground after being thrown down from a 20 story building lol :D

Thruster2097
5th January 2003, 09:39 PM
:o :lol:
the damn thing weighs enough to leave a pretty large crater from that height! :P

Widescreen option in the dashboard? Where???? more info plz!

The whole soundtrack for QR is provided by Junkie XL. I dont think they will be releasing any of the tracks, though.... al the tracks sound too similar, and too poor.
Thanks to the soundtrack selector, I just listen to Wip3out music. Now that`s technology!

I must be going through this phase right now where I just cannot throw away any game consoles. I have a SegaSaturn, Sega Dreamcast and Nintendo Gamecube which really could be put to better use right now... keeping myself entertained soely with GTA vice city! (what a game!!!!!!) Besides, you do freelance for nintendo, dont you wam? you need to have the latest stuff for research purposes. I dont, I am a cientist, working in a laboratory. You are hardcore. I am greedy. (until I get that job at SCEE, though.. then I`ll call myself a gaming guru :D )

DJ Techno
6th January 2003, 05:38 PM
And now: an XBOX being smashed into the ground after being thrown down from a 20 story building lol :D

Even better, driving down interstate 26. In a Z28 Camaro and your going 125 mph on the rd. You grap the XBOX and throw it out the window. And attach with it some fireworks. :P

Thruster did you ever play the any of the Sega 32bit games?

jmoid
6th January 2003, 05:45 PM
i'm getting that feeling too, that i just have too many games - mega drive/CD, n64 (that i never play) ps1 and 2, gamecube, evan an atari vcs... i almost bought a snes the other day but common sense prevailed and i realised i really do not need another console! not unless i get a lot more time on my hands somehow...

xEik
6th January 2003, 07:45 PM
Thruster did you ever play the any of the Sega 32bit games?
Sega Rally and Daytona USA SCE ruled. I passed many, many hours with them.
Racing against 40 cars in a very short circuit while taking advantage of the fact that behind a car you could get faster than dealing yourself with air friction is an experience that no game appart from Daytona USA has given me.
To start with the cars already running was cool as well. A bit too unrealistic maybe but it was 100% arcade flavour.

Sega Rally led my brother and me to a battle for getting the best times only comparable to that of Wipeoutzone tables.

Those were the days... (I must alredy be getting old when I start saying thiskind of things (although I'm 22) ;) )

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Wamdue
7th January 2003, 11:46 AM
sadly the GBA project got ditched :/

anyway, in the dashboard. Go into settings, then video or something. Over there you can choose wich screensize to use. Also switch your game to PAL-60 mode wich forces a 60 herz signal to your pal tv. Older tv´s wont deal with pal60 tho.

Mano
7th January 2003, 06:23 PM
Even better, driving down interstate 26. In a Z28 Camaro and your going 125 mph on the rd. You grap the XBOX and throw it out the window. And attach with it some fireworks. :P

Thunder Bomb...... Commuter eliminated.

Dragon
7th January 2003, 07:19 PM
:lol:

jmoid
9th January 2003, 06:53 PM
after all that my girlfriend buys me a game boy advance! (not that i'm complaining mind)

Lance
9th January 2003, 08:08 PM
i'd like one of those, too; wouldn't turn it down at all.
and while i'm at it, a gamecube

Thruster2097
9th January 2003, 10:44 PM
:lance
of course I did!
Some of the segasaturn games still havent been beaten. Daytona, Sega Rally, Digital Pinball, and best of all, Fighters Megamix. It is Fighting Vipers mixed with Virtua Fighter 2. Excellent games in themselves, but when combined..... could possibly be the best fighting game ever. I still dig the old consoles out every now-and-then, it just seems really funny that when the Saturn came out, I thought it could not get any better...
eight years and several credit cards later... :D
:xEik and I did have a thread going on the old wip3out forum discussing the exact lyrics to the daytona theme song.... quite possibly one of the most bizarre topics I started, sorry... :oops:

:wamdue
I tried that, and I even set my xbox up for widescreen, but it still displays in 4:3. Thats just the way it has to be, I guess....
A great trick for playing Auto Modellista on a widescreen(16:9) tv is just to set the refresh rate on the game to 50Hz, and set the 16:9 tv to "zoom". It also works great with ridge racer V, all except the framerate thing..
sorry to hear about the GBA thing, I hope you still send them your CV.

:mano
I always wondered what that "X" stood for...
at last, a microsoft product that only crashes once, AND serves the community! Clasic! :lol:

Lance
10th January 2003, 02:24 AM
Thrusty: ?

Synthetic Consciousness
10th January 2003, 09:44 AM
[Thruster:2097]

To display the lyrics to the Daytona theme song:

[Saturn]: Set the number of laps to normal in the options menu. Choose arcade mode in the mode select menu. Hold Up while selecting a track. Press Up during a race to display the theme song lyrics.

[Genesis]: Select arcade mode. Hold Up + C at the track selection screen. The lyrics to the theme song will be displayed.

Thruster2097
10th January 2003, 10:02 AM
Sorry lance, message intended for DJ Techno.

Lance
10th January 2003, 03:41 PM
Thrusty: it wasn't a prob; i was just curious as to where the remark came from. :)
there were about 3 different people who did that same thing within about a day. a contagious virus i guess ;)

DJ Techno
10th January 2003, 05:40 PM
I hate virus! That's why I don't use my own computer at home for going online. :x
But it will soon stop after Janury :)

Thruster I read your message.
Eight years and several credit cards later! Dam that is a lot of money you spent! :o

I couldn't get into Sega. Nintendo and the Atari were the game consoles for me.

jmoid
10th January 2003, 09:09 PM
i love my megadrive! (that's europe-ish for sega genesis) it still sees a fair bit of action now, which is probably why it's on it's last legs.

i can recommend a game by advance, although it might be worth waiting until the new model comes out with built in screen lighting. there's something really cool about having a full-on game on a console that small.

vh5150
27th January 2003, 07:21 AM
xbox doesnt have what a ps2 has: A library of over 700 games at least

Task
27th January 2003, 04:16 PM
So I guess that means that you'll be getting a Phatom then? 'Cause after all, it's got a library of _thousands_ of games, so that makes it better, right?

Lance
27th January 2003, 06:27 PM
well, probably better than one of those little Tiger game machines. they usually only have one! :o
:D
on the other hand, i'm sure each of those games is a masterpiece :roll:

oh, wait. we're involved in one of those ''which machine is the best'' things again, aren't we? there are so many factors of design quality and 'elegance', visual appeal, construction quality, ease of use, ease of programming, name of the manufacturer, game availability, game quality, and personal likes and dislikes that affect our judgement of overall excellence that no answer to this question is right except on a person-by-person basis. in a casual conversation, we may think that one machine is the best, and say it's because of one particular factor, but really, all of that stuff i mentioned and probably more have both consciously and unconsciously affected our decision, our statement of absolute goodness or badness about a particular console.

Zork, the alien from Altima VII, says: ''this controller doesn't fit my hands! Sony sucks!''

yeah, right, Zork.