PDA

View Full Version : Doubles Ladder (Official)

Pages : [1] 2

yeldar2097
24th March 2009, 09:57 PM
Welcome, fellow WipErs to the official thread for the WipEout HD Doubles League!
For those of you who do not already know, the format is a simple: 2v2 weapons on races.

Simply put, it is THE single most prestigious league out there (self-proclaimed of course). You want the prize? come and get it :banzai

Our motto: It takes two to tango!

Rules, regulations and teams explained below:

Rank Team Record Rating

1 Folie Ã* deux 6-1 1570
- TarotCardKiller + SaturnReturn[NL]
2 Vanina's brother 3-0 1545
- Wotan998[FR] + Luxoflux[NL]
3 Holy ***king Arsebandits 2-0 1529
- Hellfire_WZ + osama-bin-haydn
4 Asayyéyé 1-0 1515
- yeldar2097[NL] + Asayyeah[FR]
4 Outrun 1-0 1515
- KIGO1987[AU] + djKyoto[AU]
6 GreenSponge Ninjas 1-0 1514
- Greenix[UK] + Andybob35[UK]
6 AG Racers 1-0 1514
- Ericd7m[FR] + fgdk[FR]
8 CoVarianz 2-1 1513
- Vartazian[CA] + Connavar
9 [B]Aerodynamic 2-2 1500
- Kanar[FR] + Stinkleroy[UK]
10 Quake Surfer 1-1 1499
- EPSILON[FR] + Nyctalopian[FR]
11 Voodoo Rage 2-2 1497
- kgb1971[UK] + Feisar31[US]
12 THEREDANDWHITE 1-2 1487
- eLhabib[AT] + Amorbis[UK]
13 de-siggles 0-1 1485
- designer_79[CN] + blackwiggle[AU]
14 The Missile Sloth 0-1 1484
- Il_Nik[IT] + alteregorr[IT]
15 The Evil Twins 0-2 1471
- Chaos80[SE] + OLOuk[PL]
15 Semper Feisar 0-2 1471
- TheFrostE[US] + LOUDandPROUD[US]
15 AG-Rapides 2-4 1471
- kaori714[FR] + Leungbok[FR]
18 The Flying F**ks 0-2 1470
- DrMannevond[NO] + mic-dk900[DK]
19 Enthropic Decay 3-6 1457
- Zoth-Ommog[FI] + JJPAP[DK]
NR MOTION-SiK 0-0 1500
- subtotal[UK] + MR-RICO84[UK]
NR MOTION-SiK 0-0 1500
- Vic_viper_85[UK] + Silverfox073[UK]
NR D.A.G.D.A 0-0 1500
- GTP_Rorschach[IE] + JJohnEames[IE]
NR The Pad Splitters 0-0 1500
- Mjolnir74[CA] + LUNA_bgd[SB]
NR Team Name 0-0 1500
- AnErare[NL] + Wellington86[UK]
NR Team Name 0-0 1500
- G-Superpilot[FR] + Kingheim[FR]

Note: NR = Not Ranked. All teams are Active status unless noted otherwise.

UPCOMING MATCHES

TBC --- Holy ***king Arsebandits Vs. "AG Racers"

RECENT MATCH RESULTS

[U]04/06/09: AG-Rapides Vs. Vanina's Brother
Winners: Vanina's Brother
[U]09/06/09: AG-Rapides Vs. AG Racers
Winners: AG Racers
[U]22/06/09: Enthropic Decay Vs. THEREDANDWHITE
Winners: THEREDANDWHITE
View full match history (http://www.animara.com/wohd/history.htm)

How To Play

1) Find a partner and think of a name for your team. Send a PM to yeldar2097 (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/member.php?u=4560) with your info.
2) Read the rules (below).
3) Challenge another team to a match or accept a challenge.
4) Race!
5) When the match is over, submit your results. If you won, your rating will go up; if you lost, it will go down.
6) Keep racing to improve your rank, and have fun!

Feel free to sign up! The more the merrier :P

Feisar31
24th March 2009, 09:57 PM
RULES FOR THE DOUBLES LADDER

Last update: June 5, 2009
(new changes in red)

I. Ladder

The ladder is a ranked listing of all the currently participating teams.

The ladder shows the following information for each team:

The team's rank on the ladder
The team name
The team status (all teams are Active unless stated to be Inactive)
The PSN names of each player on the team, along with their respective countries (e.g. Feisar31[US])
The team's win/loss record
The team's rating

Each team has a status of Active or Inactive. Teams that do not play a match for 3 months will be changed automatically to Inactive status. Inactive teams that do not play a match for 2 months will be removed from the ladder. That is, a team will be removed from the ladder if 5 months have passed since its last match.
Teams are ranked on the ladder according to their ranking scores (or "ratings"). The Doubles ladder uses an Elo rating system, like the one described on this page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_ranks_and_ratings#Elo_Ratings_as_used_in_Go). Each team starts with 1500 points, and will be unranked until it has played 1 match. After each match, the ratings of the two participating teams are updated according to this Ranking Calculator (http://www.animara.com/wohd/ranking.htm). The lowest possible rating for a team is 1000.
All match races will be in Wipeout HD at Phantom speed with weapons on. If there is enough interest, separate Flash/Rapier ladders may be created.

II. Challenges

Eligibility:

A team may challenge any other team on the ladder to a match, under two conditions. Team A may challenge Team B if:

Team B is within 500 rating points of Team A
AND
Team A has not played Team B before OR 2 months have passed since the last match between Team A and Team B.

Challenge Protocol:

All challenges should be coordinated through the WipeoutZone Private Message system. All messages about the challenge should be sent/copied to all members of both teams.
Challenges should be made at least 3 days in advance of the intended match.
Teams that have been challenged should give their response within 48 hours.
Teams may decline a challenge for any reason.
Pay attention to the countries of the members of the team you're challenging (so you don't challenge someone to a match at 3:00 in the morning in their time zone). You can use the Time Zone Converter (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html) to help you figure out a good time.

The challenge process is as follows:

1. Initial Challenge
The initial challenge message should contain:

The name of the challenging team (e.g. Team A)
The PSN name of the host (one of the members of Team A)
Proposal for the match format (8-FWD, 8-REV, 8-CUS, 12, or 16 races)
At least two possible times for the match, including dates and stated time zone.

2. Response
One member of Team B should reply with their decision to accept or decline the challenge. If Team B accepts, the reply should include:

A confirmation of the match format (including custom track selections if necessary)
A confirmation of one of the offered times, or the suggestion of an alternate time

More messages may be needed for both teams to agree upon a time. Once the match time has been agreed upon, we get to ...

3. Final Confirmation
One member of Team A replies, confirming one of the original times or Team B's suggested time. If necessary, the message should list the final custom track selection for the match (including Team A's choices). This message should be sent/copied to yeldar2097 (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/member.php?u=4560) OR a member of Team A should post an announcement for the match in this thread. The scheduled match will be added to the list of "Upcoming Matches".

Each team should notify yeldar2097 (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/member.php?u=4560) of any match cancellations or postponements, so that he can keep an updated list of scheduled matches.

III. Matches

Matches consist of one or two tournaments in Wipeout HD with the following settings:
Speed: Phantom
Weapons: On
HUD Weapon Hints: On or Off
Opponents: Invite-only
Barrel Rolls: On
Pilot Assist: Off
Laps: 5The winner of the match is determined by summing all the points earned by the players from each team: the team with the most points at the end of the tournament(s) wins the match. Matches may be 8, 12, or 16 races. (Each match counts the same amount towards a team's ranking—the number of races is simply a matter of preference.) The match options are:

8-race Forward: One tournament of all Forward tracks, raced in order from Vineta K to Sol 2 (or vice versa).
8-race Reverse: One tournament of all Reverse tracks, raced in order from Vineta K to Sol 2 (or vice versa).
8-race Custom: The challenged team (Team B) selects 4 tracks in its response message. Then the challenging team (Team A) selects the remaining 4 tracks in its final confirmation message, such that each track is represented by one version. (If Team B chooses Metropia Reverse, Team A cannot choose Metropia Forward.) The races are played in one tournament in the order they were listed, with Team B's tracks first and Team A's tracks second.
12-race: The challenged team (Team B) selects 6 tracks in its response message. Then the challenging team (Team A) selects the remaining 6 tracks in its final confirmation message; Team A may choose any track version not chosen by Team B. (If Team B chooses Metropia Reverse, Team A can choose Metropia Forward.) The races are played in one tournament in the order they were listed, with Team B's tracks first and Team A's tracks second.
16-race: One tournament of all Forward tracks and one tournament of all Reverse tracks, each raced in order from Vineta K to Sol 2 (or vice versa).

Match Protocol:

A member from each team should login to WipeoutZone on the day of the match in case the other team needs to cancel.
The match host (from Team A) should start an Invite-only room at least 5 minutes before the agreed match time and invite the other three players. Someone should also start a text chat room and invite the other players. If both players from the challenged team (Team B) have not joined the game within 15 minutes of the scheduled match time (or they have not communicated their cancellation to Team A), the match is forfeited by Team B.
When all players have joined, the host should begin with one single race to ensure that there are no connection issues for any of the players.
After the single race, the host should set up the tournament agreed upon beforehand. Using text chat, the host should confirm that everyone is ready to start. Once all 4 players are ready, the host may start the match.
For 16-race matches, a 5 minute break should be taken between the first and second tournaments.
In the case of a tie after the normal number of races, an 8-race tournament (all Forward tracks) should be held immediately to determine the match winner.
Within 24 hours of the match, the match results should be posted in this thread by one of the teams and confirmed by a member of the other team. If possible, players should take photos at the end of the tournament(s) to record the final scores; these images can be posted along with the results or sent by PM to Feisar31 (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/member.php?u=4561).

Network Trouble:

If a player disconnects or is disconnected during the match, the tournament should be stopped immediately and the host should set up a new room. If the player is able to rejoin, the match may continue; the host can be switched to Team A's other player if that might help. The teams may resume the match from where it was left off if someone has kept track of the scores; otherwise the tournament must be restarted.
If the disconnected player cannot rejoin, or if he or she becomes disconnected again, the match should be rescheduled.
If the same team has disconnections during the rescheduled match, that team forfeits the match, receiving a loss. The other team is awarded a win.

SaturnReturn
24th March 2009, 10:53 PM
Cool. I've had to book a day off work to read the rules, but once that's done we can get this thing a rockin' :rock and a rollin' :guitar.

JJPAP
25th March 2009, 07:49 AM
Damn brilliant, Yeldar and Feisar31! Let´s get started.

Asayyeah
25th March 2009, 09:09 AM
Indeed it's freakin brilliantissima !
That rocks, can't wait to start our 1st match Yeldar :guitar

yeldar2097
25th March 2009, 12:50 PM
@ Asa: feel free to suggest a new name, i just made one up on the spot :P

challenge away racers!!

KGB
25th March 2009, 04:39 PM
I'm glad he's on my team otherwise I would have to read it as well. I think I will let Fiesar31 do the organising. ;)

Well done both for getting it sorted. :+

Edit: I would of give you some rep Yeldar, but I need to spread it around first.

KIGO1987
25th March 2009, 07:05 PM
I dont remember asking djKyoto if he wanted to doubles with me, but i was suggesting the idea with a few other Aussies for sure. I might have to PM on this matter. What about KANDANG? atm? I also have my nasty connection problem bullshiit i have to deal with also atm.

yeldar2097
25th March 2009, 09:10 PM
@kigo: sorry i just assumed you'd talked it over: http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5908&page=7

if anyone isn't happy with their pairing: feel free to swap things around, just let me know so i can sort it out.
the list in this thread is just going on the previous thread's list and not many people gave confirmation about teams etc... if you want to change, let me know ASAP :)

djKyoto
25th March 2009, 10:35 PM
I dont remember asking djKyoto if he wanted to doubles with me, but i was suggesting the idea with a few other Aussies for sure. I might have to PM on this matter. What about KANDANG? atm? I also have my nasty connection problem bullshiit i have to deal with also atm.

If you don't wanna pair with me Kigo bro, just let me know and i'll find someone else, I'd just assume you'd be cool being my fellow australian wing pilot. :)

blackwiggle
26th March 2009, 01:06 AM
I think he's more worried about his connection woes djKyoto ,he tried to join a few races last night and kept dropping out.....mucho swearing.

KIGO1987
26th March 2009, 02:44 PM
If you want to pair, im fine with that. Send me a PM saying yes or no:)

djKyoto
27th March 2009, 12:04 AM
Yes. :P

KIGO1987
27th March 2009, 08:43 AM
K. Let me know when you wanto race then, btw ive got a mid semester in the next few days so i wont be on for particulary too long.

kanar
27th March 2009, 11:11 AM
The beauty (Cat) & the beast (me) are proud to join this competition! team name : Aerodynamic. I need practice.

kaori
27th March 2009, 12:57 PM
Folie Ã* deux - TarotCardKiller[US] + SaturnReturn[NL]

What beautiful name!

andybob35
27th March 2009, 06:06 PM
Prepare for the Green Sponge Ninja's!! Greenix and I are ready for monday 9pm (GMT) will confirm this with JJPAP and Zoth-Ommog.

Any news or info ill post here.

@feisar31/yeldar2097 awesome table and rules! excellent work :clap

SaturnReturn
27th March 2009, 06:13 PM
What beautiful name!

Thanks. It was TCK's idea though, so I can take no credit :)

KIGO1987
27th March 2009, 06:45 PM
djKyoto if you do not reply to the ****ing messages i send to you over the playstation network. How will we be able to organise anything. Its not that hard to give a yes or no reply. I answer to every single message i receive in my inbox. Please be a bit more alert next time.

SaturnReturn
27th March 2009, 06:51 PM
Prepare for the Green Sponge Ninja's...

Apologies in advance for this, but I'm on a one-man misison to attempt to reintroduce the correct use of apostrophes. I feel it necessary to inform you that you have misused one in your team name. You just don't need it there. I know, I'm annoying. :p I just just have this thing about apostrophes. :blarg

andybob35
27th March 2009, 07:06 PM
lol ha ha my dyslectic brain. To be more correct it is: Greensponge ninja's... beat us and we'll change it...

o yea, years of txt spk... hasnt helped...:o

TarotCardKiller
27th March 2009, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this in but I haven't been able to play wipeout lately due to Resident Evil 5. Its due this Sunday so after that I'll be comin' back! If we are needed for a match b4 that, I'll get back on early.

KGB
27th March 2009, 07:41 PM
Me and Feisar may be up for a race tomorrow night if any ones interested, short notice I know, but you know how it is! :lol

Edit: Late tomorrow night!

yeldar2097
27th March 2009, 08:09 PM
i'm ALWAYS awake so i'll ask Asa. or you could, he's not on my list...

KGB
27th March 2009, 08:28 PM
He hasn't been on line for a while. Are team mates not meant to be Friends with each other.

yeldar2097
27th March 2009, 08:43 PM
our mutual hatred for each other will spur us on to greater heights...
he just doesnt have room for me, thassall

LOUDandPROUD
28th March 2009, 03:37 AM
LOUDandPROUD & IH8YOU are in! Team name is PROUD2H8YOU! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! :rock

blackwiggle
28th March 2009, 07:01 AM
djKyoto if you do not reply to the ****ing messages i send to you over the playstation network. How will we be able to organise anything. Its not that hard to give a yes or no reply. I answer to every single message i receive in my inbox. Please be a bit more alert next time.

I think he was busy writing a HD walk through for the Playstation Trophies site by the look of the "Post Time" of when it went up.:eek

Try again tonight,then again he should reply out of courtesy from you previous messages.

KIGO1987
28th March 2009, 07:22 AM
TBH Blackwiggle i really CBF repeating myself again. Got Econs stuff do next week anyway.

djKyoto
28th March 2009, 07:49 AM
Sometimes I'm away from my PS3 when i'm logged in, so I can easily have missed it, sorry Kigo. I had popped out last night for a short while.

EPSILON
28th March 2009, 12:51 PM
Nyctalopian and Me are Ready to races against JJPAP and Zoth-Ommog on Sunday at 22H (Gmt Paris) ^^

12 Races tournament.

First "International Double Ladder" :beer

We must find a Team Name : Quake Surfer (not definitive) ^^

OBH
28th March 2009, 01:26 PM
LOUDandPROUD & IH8YOU are in! Team name is PROUD2H8YOU! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! :rock

thats a hilarious name :g i love it

KIGO1987
28th March 2009, 02:10 PM
Sometimes I'm away from my PS3 when i'm logged in, so I can easily have missed it, sorry Kigo. I had popped out last night for a short while.

thats fine. Ill be on Messenger as soon as i find out what is stopping me from installing the app on the computer.

Asayyeah
28th March 2009, 04:16 PM
our mutual hatred for each other will spur us on to greater heights...
he just doesnt have room for me, thassall

Lol for mutual hatred !! :D

Seriously speaking as few may already know i am rarely online cause each week, i can't have a proper online access for ps3 where i am, except weekends when i am back in my town, eventhough i am often a bit busy like most of friday evening i am playing offline with Dag ( Wipeout, last guy etc...) or saturday afternoon focused on social or professionnal stuff, sunday it's already time to pack bags to go back studying 200 kms away. So there's only saturday at night i am fully free BUT the 3 following weeks i am staying in le Havre :rock ( working in a pc repair shop but with cooool sheduled hours : tue to fri ( 10am/12 - 2pm/5 ) ) so guess what? i shall be more often online :p

About the list, Yeldar i am very sorry, it's my lazzy fault but mind this : this will change soon after a brief changement ;)

Wotan
29th March 2009, 04:47 PM
Here is the name of our team (I and luxoflux) : Vanina's brother
The name refer to the song of the French-Dutch singer : Dave ;)

JJPAP
29th March 2009, 08:58 PM
Well, I´m happy to inform you that the first ever International Doubles took place tonight between Enthropic Decay and Quake Surfer. All went well.
Result (sorry Yeldar, we have photos, but trust me on this one):
Quake Surfer (Nyctalopian/Epsilon): 142 points
Enthropic Decay (Zoth-Ommog/JJPAP): 134 points.
Great, great match. 12 race-tournament. Epsilon, Nyctalopian and Zoth all got 71 point and shared the first place. As a humble number 4 (63 points) yours sincere tried to follow.
Congrats and thanks to Epsilon and Nycta for putting up a great show :P.

EPSILON
29th March 2009, 09:18 PM
It was a excellent and great tournament tonight between 2 holy pilot as Zoth-ommog and JJPAP.

The duel was hard and the suspense has nors ners strain ! The Quake surfer win :P

It was the first time I see 3 first place at final ^^

1st - Zoth-Ommog --> 71 Pts
1st - EPSILON --> 71 Pts
1st - Nyctalopian --> 71 Pts
4th - JJPAP --> 63 Pts

1st - Quake Surfer (142 Pts)
2nd - Enthropic Decay (134 Pts)

Thx for this beautiful races :rock

Nyctalopian
30th March 2009, 09:37 AM
EXCEPTIONAL put into the mouth for the first tournament team by 2 ... the battle was brutal between QUAKE-SURFER and ENTHROPIC-DECAY ... but we managed to make us into one very good driver.

THANKS GUYS YOU REALLY ARE VERY STRONG I LOOK FORWARD YOU A NEW FACE

!!!
THE TOURNAMENT BEGINS !!!

Soccermom
30th March 2009, 12:42 PM
Team "Transformative Hermeneutics of Quantum Gravity" would like to official enter the ladder (Soccermom + OLOuk)

djKyoto
30th March 2009, 01:45 PM
thats fine. Ill be on Messenger as soon as i find out what is stopping me from installing the app on the computer.

This could work as an alternative, its web based.
http://webmessenger.msn.com/

Also, if you think of a good team name, let me know. :D

yeldar2097
30th March 2009, 02:09 PM
just to add to kyoto's post, iloveim and meebo are good ones to use as well :)

Wow soccermums, thats a bit of a mouthful ;). updating now...

JJPAP
30th March 2009, 09:23 PM
RESULT
Enthropic Decay (Zoth-Ommog/JJPAP): 129 points
GreenSponge Ninjas (Greenix/andybob35): 147 points
(Greenix 82 points - Zoth-Ommog 75 points - andybob35 65 points - JJPAP 54 points)

Big congrats to The Sponges! You really know how to fight a war!

Soccermom
31st March 2009, 06:23 AM
Nice to see the ladder get going.

JJPAP: You can drop your wrath on OLOuk and I in our upcomming match :P

BTW. if ever there were a thread to get stickied, it would be this one (consider this an official request).

Greenix
31st March 2009, 04:39 PM
Thanks JJPAP :)
It certainly wasn't easy, zoth was having a very good run and we were lucky you were having one of those days or you would have soaked us sponges. Good luck against Soccermums and OLOuk.
P.S I'm now on my 3rd broken controller from this game :bomb

KIGO1987
1st April 2009, 02:59 PM
This could work as an alternative, its web based.
http://webmessenger.msn.com/

Also, if you think of a good team name, let me know. :D

Seems to work, thanks.

yeldar2097
2nd April 2009, 08:47 PM
matches matches matches, we need more matches.

Anyone willing to take on the (hopefully) mighty Asayyeldar? :g

ALSO: Can people please PLEASE PLEASE try to find partners for DrMannevond and Connavar, I don't want to see people left out. They could always go together but before I make any decisions can we have one last effort to aboid any upset!

yeldar2097
4th April 2009, 11:05 PM
results anyone? kgb i'm looking at you (just so i can blame you if all goes to pot :P)

Feisar31
4th April 2009, 11:14 PM
MATCH RESULT

Voodoo Rage (kgb1971 + Feisar31): 189 points
Transformative Hermeneutics of Quantum Gravity (Soccermums + OLOuk): 179 points

kgb1971 - 99 points
OLOuk - 95 points
Feisar31 - 90 points
Soccermums - 84 points

Tournament 1 results (http://www.animara.com/wohd/match04_04_2009_t1.jpg) (reverse tracks)
Tournament 2 results (http://www.animara.com/wohd/match04_04_2009_t2.jpg) (forward tracks)

Big thanks to THoQG for an intense match! :+ We were completely even after the first tournament, but kgb and I managed to edge out a victory in the second. Great stuff.

yeldar2097
4th April 2009, 11:21 PM
Cheers boss :+

DrMannevond
4th April 2009, 11:30 PM
I might be teaming up with Mic-dk from Team Nordic. We haven't officially agreed anything yet, so I'll report back when I know more. Stay tuned!

KGB
4th April 2009, 11:32 PM
very tight race indeed and loads of fun. Thanks Transformative Hermeneutics of Quantum Gravity. just got the points to win;)

yeldar2097
4th April 2009, 11:37 PM
I might be teaming up with Mic-dk from Team Nordic. We haven't officially agreed anything yet, so I'll report back when I know more. Stay tuned!

thanks for the update :)

anyone want to go with connavar?? he's fast and he's a flying dutchman (from belgium). need i say more?

DrMannevond
5th April 2009, 12:15 AM
I also have a suggestion for team name, but again, nothing official, and I haven't run it by Mic yet. Anyway - my suggestion is :

The Flying F**ks :g

mic-dk
5th April 2009, 07:48 AM
Confirmed. The Flying Retar... ehm F**cks are open for business.

yeldar2097
5th April 2009, 08:43 AM
so wait, is your name The Flying F**ks or is it The Flying Retar...ehm F**ks??
either way both work pretty well ;)

mic-dk
5th April 2009, 08:55 AM
:P The Flying F**ks it is.

leungbok
5th April 2009, 09:59 AM
Flying folks ? :lol

yeldar2097
5th April 2009, 10:22 AM
or forks?

hmmm...i wonder...

OLOuk
5th April 2009, 12:07 PM
Big THX Voodoo Rage for yesterdays tournament! Both teams were amazing and most important 100% TOP FUN! Congratulations Voodoo Rage!!!

kaori
5th April 2009, 05:36 PM
AG-Rapides, leungbok & I are ready to play, wednesday, 21.00 GMT for a 8 races tournament, normal tracks.
A team to try to beat us? ;)

yeldar2097
5th April 2009, 06:51 PM
if asa is free then yeah sure :) i'll check with him (or you can because he's french :P)

kaori
7th April 2009, 03:34 PM
[ID] 8-FWD AG-Rapides vs Asayyeldar!
Tomorrow, 22.00 GMT+1 (France)
Rendez-vous on a PSN chat before the latch.

kanar
8th April 2009, 08:47 AM
Hopefully the streaming will be up for the "AG-Rapides vs Asayyeldar " ladder match, so we can all follow their battle on WO-TV ... YAY

Tonight on wipeout HD-TV... Awesome stuff. Someone with an hd cam should shoot that. I'm signing in myself for the spectators slots, with my cam, my pop-corns & a can of diet coke (go away beer! go away!). I promise to turn off all my wifi hardwares except the wipeoutHD machine (I mean the ps3 ah ah). Ooh Can I join the chatbox to cheer you up/trash talk with you guyz??? LOL

Can't wait for tonight

Asayyeah
8th April 2009, 11:42 AM
It's noon time and i can tell ya my lunch is now going up & down into my stomach : stress & palpitation go progressively higher & higher, i can feel my blood starting to be transformed into a sluggish liquid i can't name, pressure at MAX.

But , but i wouldn't miss this for any reasons! i ll race with my dear teammate Yeldar against fellow frenchmen : that 's gonna be a Pure Blast

yeldar2097
8th April 2009, 12:56 PM
hopefully i'll have my PS3 in time...

Edit: Back in business :)

leungbok
8th April 2009, 09:39 PM
Congrats Asayyeldar !
You had an undiscuted victory :)
GG, mates !

kaori
8th April 2009, 11:01 PM
1st. YLD 52 points (1.3.1.4.2.1.3.1)
2nd. ASA 50 points (4.1.3.1.1.2.2.3)
3rd. KAO 45 points (3.2.2.2.3.3.1.4)
4th. LBK 37 points (2.4.4.3.4.4.4.2)

Asayyeldar 102 points, AG-Rapides 82 points.

KGB
8th April 2009, 11:10 PM
Why have GreenSponge Ninjas only got 1514 points when everyone else that won have 1515 points yeldar? Is this part of the mathematics of scoring. Please don't make me read Feisars rules. :)

SaturnReturn
8th April 2009, 11:14 PM
Yes it's part of the scoring. I think the team you beat had already been beaten so are worth less. Not worthless, just worth less.

Am I the only one that's read the rules?

yeldar2097
9th April 2009, 12:42 AM
i've read em :)

basically its to do with the calculator thingamy and as saturn said, they'd already been beaten before so you get less for beating them.

it'll all make much more sense when more matches have been played.

Vartazian
9th April 2009, 02:17 AM
I could really use a partner. hopefully its okay to post in here for that...

Ill go with you Conn if you still need a partner...

Feisar31
10th April 2009, 01:00 AM
MATCH RESULT

Voodoo Rage (kgb1971 + Feisar31): 199 points
TarquinChaos (chaos80 + TarquinFarqhuar): 169 points

kgb1971 - 103 points
chaos80 - 99 points
Feisar31 - 96 points
TarquinFarqhuar - 70 points

Tournament 1 results (http://www.animara.com/wohd/match09_04_2009_t1.jpg) (reverse tracks)
Tournament 2 results (http://www.animara.com/wohd/match09_04_2009_t2.jpg) (forward tracks)

Thanks to the yet-unnamed team of chaos80 and TarquinFarqhuar for a fun match! KGB picks up another MVP award.

Side note: It really sucks that the host can't set the maximum number of players anymore.

SaturnReturn
10th April 2009, 01:11 AM
Well done Voodoo Rage. That's an impressive score. And you're right Feisar. I hadn't realised you can't do that. Has the option definitely gone? That would indeed suck for setting up games like these. What about invites? Does that option make it invite only?

Vartazian
10th April 2009, 02:08 AM
I believe you can set up a friends only game. Then just invite.... Wouldnt that work?

Feisar31
10th April 2009, 03:53 AM
I'm not sure if our first tournament was set to Friends-only or Invite-only, but we had people joining the room while while we were racing and causing some glitches. I don't know if they were spectating but they showed up in the room afterwards. The second tournament was definitely set to Invite-only: nobody joined and everything was smooth.

I'll be updating the rules to recommend that all matches use Invite-only from now on. :+

EPSILON
10th April 2009, 07:53 AM
2 Tournament coming for the Quake Surfer :

1/ Transformative Hermeneutics of Quantum Gravity (Soccermom + OLOuk)

2/ AG-Rapides (Kaori + Leungbok)

We try to determinate a date !

Congratulation Voodoo Rage !

KGB
10th April 2009, 11:22 AM
Both runs were set to invite only, so i don't know why there were people in the room after the first one. There was no freezing from my side on the second run. God knows what was going on.

Well played everyone. I always get a bit nervous when i play these things but Chaos's first attack soon put an end to that, it just turned to sheer rage after that ;)

EDIT: Those people watching were not on my friends list, even if i had of set it to friends only, they should not of been there

kaori
10th April 2009, 06:08 PM
16-ALL : Quake Surfer vs AG-Rapides, monday 13th April, 21.30 GMT +2

leungbok
10th April 2009, 06:14 PM
And don't come to watch that match and cause us micro-freezes and other s***t :bomb
(I'm kidding of course, ;))

Feisar31
10th April 2009, 07:16 PM
Both runs were set to invite only, so i don't know why there were people in the room after the first one.

EDIT: Those people watching were not on my friends list, even if i had of set it to friends only, they should not of been there

Well one of them was on my friends list (of course I didn't invite him or anything). That's troubling though. I hope it was just a bug and "Invite only" actually means "Invite only". :|

Asayyeah
10th April 2009, 07:30 PM
Thx for the match AG-Rapides, it was nice and run smoothly even with the patch on ( at least for me ), Yeldar feel free to launch a new match with anyone interested in fightin us ;)

KIGO1987
11th April 2009, 12:37 AM
Ive got a suggestion

(unofficial)

[designer_79, blackwiggle] vs. [KigoAngelusRacer - djKyoto]

Good idea guys?

It'll be good since where are all only at max 2hours apart in timezones.

blackwiggle
11th April 2009, 03:11 AM
I'll message Designer79 and see when he's free [Now that I have woken up infront of the PS3,yet again];)

Vartazian
11th April 2009, 06:34 AM
I would really like a Partner for this... Would anybody like to Pair up with me...?

djKyoto
11th April 2009, 07:48 AM
I'm keen for that race.

de-siggles vs the team with no name. ;)

yeldar2097
11th April 2009, 04:25 PM
I would really like a Partner for this... Would anybody like to Pair up with me...?

ask connavar on psn :) (or find someone else, not sure who but there's bound to be someone)

SaturnReturn
12th April 2009, 02:02 AM
Upcoming match:

Transformative Hermeneutics of Quantum Gravity vs Folie Ã* deux

Sunday 12th April @ 2200 hrs UK Time.

yeldar2097
12th April 2009, 11:58 AM
Ok people, from 19th april (next sunday) @ 20:00GMT I am going back to school so i will be unable to play except sundays from 12:00 - 20:00 and Asa won't be online for much longer either.
In light of this, was hoping that we could arrange some matches for Asayyeldar so that we don't end up lagging behind/stagnating in the ladder.
hope to race you soon :)

SaturnReturn
12th April 2009, 10:28 PM
Result
Transformative Hermeneutics of Quantum Gravity vs Folie Ã* deux

Forward tracks:
SaturnReturn: 55
TarotCardKiller: 50
OLOuk: 43
Soccermums: 36

Reverse tracks:
TarotCardKiller: 50
SaturnReturn: 47
OLOuk: 45
Soccermums: 42

TOTAL:
Folie Ã* deux: 202
Transformative Hermeneutics of Quantum Gravity :166

Do we get bonus points for the best plasma ever? OLOuk might explain if he ever gets over it :evil :D

kaori
13th April 2009, 09:47 PM
Tonight, AG-Rapides vs Quake Surfer.
16-ALL

1st kaori 103 points
2nd Nyctalopian 97 points
3rd leungbok 87 points
4th EPSILON 81 points

AG-Rapides win with 190 points
Quake Surfers 178 points

Thanks for playing mates

More details in attachment.

EPSILON
14th April 2009, 07:57 AM
Very Good races the Ag-Rapides ;)

It was a great battle even if i play like a :turd in the 2nd Round

Revenge soon ;)

Nyctalopian
14th April 2009, 08:48 AM
This tournament was a double well aggressive (AG-RAPIDES) but what makes it fun to play with brave pilots ... Well done I think it will be faster than expected ...:o

KIGO1987
14th April 2009, 10:00 PM
Right guys. This is the first Doubles race that will be raced in the GMT+8 to 10 zone.

So;

de-siggles vs Outrun

[blackwiggle/designer_79] vs [djKyoto/Myself]

Races will commence at the time of Wednesday 10pm @ GMT+10 (Sydney time), 8pm @ GMT+8.

So my guess the doubles consist of an 8 race tournament of the Forward tracks with weapons on, followed by a second tournament of the Forward tracks with the weapons off. Right?

My next concern is who will record and keep reference of the scores?

blackwiggle
14th April 2009, 10:36 PM
See the first page KIGO for the format and rules.

We'll do one 8 race forward & one 8 reverse all with weapons on unless we chose longer tournaments.

LOUDandPROUD
14th April 2009, 10:57 PM
Not sure if it's my place to make a rule change suggestion, as I didn't create this league, but here goes... Just went to see what was changed in the rules, base on the recent 1.30 update, and noticed that "Weapon Hints" must be set to off. Considering this is a 2-on-2 team-based league, I think it would be awesome to know what weapon your teammate is carrying. Would really add a new and cool strategic element I think. For example, my teammate and I are both trailing the competition...he's in 3rd and I'm just a tick behind him in 4th...I have a quake...he can see that, so he slows down just enough so I can pass him...I quake the competition. That's obviously just one of many examples I could use. Sure, I can also see what weapons my opponents are carrying, but, again, it just adds a new strategic element to the match and I think it suites this league and it's style of play perfectly. I will 100% respect the decision to keep things as they are, if that's the case, as this league is fantastic either way, but I just wanted to throw it out there. :+

designer_79
14th April 2009, 11:04 PM
Loud and Proud, I was thinking exactly the same thing ... as voice chat is not working in game, the weapon hints would give a very tactical touch to this league. Like me having a quake, my teammate a shield ... time to use both and slow the leading opponents. ;-)

See you on tracks tonight, Aussies. 10pm Sydney time (GMT+10) res. 8pm Shanghai time (GMT+8). Looking forward to an intense race

djKyoto
15th April 2009, 12:23 AM
+1 vote for weapons hints on for the above reasons.

Looking forward to the race reguardless. ;)

Vartazian
15th April 2009, 01:24 AM
I agree with this as well.

+1

I also want a partner >_> Ive asked around too. lol

blackwiggle
15th April 2009, 05:41 AM
I'm ok with weapon hints on if you guys want it,Kigo's the only one to vote to veto it,but I can't see that happening.

KIGO1987
15th April 2009, 10:48 AM
Is that the feature that allows other online users to see what weapons the other players have on them? Choice whatever is best. I cant see it anyway with my shitty viewing screen.

rdmx
15th April 2009, 11:08 AM
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8125/image81c.th.jpg (http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image81c.jpg)
It's the thing on the right kigo, you can see it on standard def.

blackwiggle
15th April 2009, 11:09 AM
:lol:lol:lol:lol

KIGO1987
15th April 2009, 11:12 AM
bastard.... i guess you'll be playing at an advantage then.

designer_79
15th April 2009, 12:08 PM
SORRY guys, can we postpone the race 1hour? I was fighting with real life track conditions = Shanghai's rushhour ...

rdmx
15th April 2009, 01:56 PM
bastard.... i guess you'll be playing at an advantage then.
I said it CAN be shown on your tv, unless your tv borders cut it off for whatever reason?

KIGO1987
15th April 2009, 02:58 PM
My bad insertcoin.

Whats the results for the races we just had? You going to post them blackwiggle??

blackwiggle
15th April 2009, 03:10 PM
Yeah, here they are.

Forward.8 races in order of position
Team OUTRUN
djKyoto - 1,2,1,2,1,1,1,1
Kigo1987 - 4,1,2,1,2,2,2,2

Team Desiggles
blackwiggle - 2,4,3,3,4,3,3,3
Designer79 - 3,3,4,4,3,4,4,4

Reverse .8 races
Team OUTRUN
djkyoto - 1,3,1,2,2,1,2,1
Kigo1987 -2,1,2,1,1,2,1,2

Team Desiggles
blackwiggle - 3,2,3,3,3,3,4,3
Designer79 - 4,4,4,4,4,4,3,4

Team OUTRUN - 221 points
Djkyoto - 115 points
Kigo1987 - 106 points

Team Desiggles - 147 points
blackwiggle - 79 points
Designer79 - 68 points

Team OUTRUN wins 2-0

OBH
15th April 2009, 06:08 PM
not many races happening considering the number of teams.

still watching with bated breath though :)

blackwiggle
15th April 2009, 06:35 PM
I think a lot are waiting for the update to be sorted and avoiding tournaments.

Feisar31
15th April 2009, 06:54 PM
I'm OK with making the HUD Weapon Hints optional, but I'll let yeldar have the final say. I mainly put that option as "Off" so the settings would be the same as before the patch. Personally I think there's an element of strategy either way, so leaving it as an option makes sense to me.

Also, I think it would be best if everyone used PMs to set up and coordinate specific matches, instead of this thread. ;)

blackwiggle
15th April 2009, 07:06 PM
I been trying to message people on the PS3 but keep getting the 8002aBOB error.
As for the weapon hints ,I could see djKyoto carrying a Quake for about a lap and a half just waiting to get me ,and I'm just hoping for a shield before the end,but no,not that lucky.:frown:

KGB
15th April 2009, 10:17 PM
Friday 17th April, 11pm.

Vanina's brother has challenged Voodoo Rage to a 16 Track Challenge. :cold

Lambs to the slaughter :lol

designer_79
16th April 2009, 03:07 AM
That table doesn't look pretty at all, blackwiggle :blarg and I know its all my fault hehe ... So I switched to AG-Sys defenitely, cause after weeks of cruising in the Piranha , the AG-Sys seems to carry itself around the corners :) Well we should challenge another team soon, get the practice ya know? how about Stinkleroy and Kanar?

blackwiggle
16th April 2009, 03:20 AM
I think both Kanar & Stinkleroy have "Sent HD to Coventry" so to speak [meaning that they are not playing online due to the current intermittent problems that are occurring ].
Well I'm almost certain that's the case with Kanar judging by some of his most recent posts.

kanar
16th April 2009, 11:39 PM
lol. I'm slowly "adapting" to my online issues. I mean s**t the f**k up & just play with my new laggy mates microFreezer, BRhazard, MinesFields, Cambodia, you know all the stuff for an awful GG. I've seen ALL the aces don't care about all these issues and are able to concentrate themselves, whatever happens... So Be It. Stinkleroy & me have planned only one match next week, so of course we can plan more stuff. I'm sure a 2 vs 2, invite/friends only, locked to 4 contenders, + my TV/PC off and all the broadband dedicated to the psn network can be technically ok.

What I'm trying to say is these 2.70/1.30 issues are killing the online experience for guys like me, who had already problems to focus on the track before, compared to offline. I mean I've understood aliens are still able to focus instead of yelling like me after a 3 secs freeze in a race, a BRhazard, or a vista pad, or a strange laggy Icaras handling. But if they have still fun playing online, I'm wondering why it's not my case anymore. I don't even try to avoid these mine fields most of the time now. I mean, I'm not searching a racing line anymore. Hopefully they haven't implemented a respawn OFF feature, I'm not sure someone will be able to finish a race now.

Connavar
17th April 2009, 02:37 PM
I'm now allied with Vartazian, so we'll be able to race you guys :)
Just need to find a good name and practice a bit

KGB
17th April 2009, 11:04 PM
Got totally obliterated into next week by Vanina's brother, well played everyone. May of lost to the best team in the whole league so no shame there.

Feisar31
18th April 2009, 12:00 AM
MATCH RESULT

Vanina's Brother (Wotan998 + Luxoflux): 207 points
Voodoo Rage (kgb1971 + Feisar31): 161 points

Wotan998 - 108 points
Luxoflux/jailer65 - 99 points
kgb1971 - 83 points
Feisar31 - 78 points

Tournament 1 results (http://www.animara.com/wohd/match17_04_2009_t1.jpg) (forward tracks)
Tournament 2 results (http://www.animara.com/wohd/match17_04_2009_t2.jpg) (reverse tracks)

Congratulations to Vanina's Brother for a resounding victory. I wish we could have put up more of a fight. ;)

yeldar2097
18th April 2009, 01:51 PM
May of lost to the best team in the whole league so no shame there.

ahem, 2nd best :P
only needs to be made official :banzai

great stuff all the same. glad to see voodoo rage taking the initiative and playing lots of matches. everybody follow their example :)

kaori
18th April 2009, 09:15 PM
leungbok and me (AG-Rapides) are ready to challenge a team tuesday 28 april, 21.30 GMT +2 (France) in a 16-ALL tournament.

kanar
18th April 2009, 09:18 PM
I've to ask to my team mate, but I would be glad to follow your ships guys. We'll confirm that tomorrow. By the way, PROUD2H8YOU vs Aerodynamic : Upcoming 16-race match confirmed for Weds, 4/22 @ 22:30 GMT.

yeldar2097
19th April 2009, 06:18 PM
looks like nobody wanted to race asa and myself. i'll it as a compliment.
neither asa nor me will be available for much longer but i'll still be able to maintain this thread for you guys.
happy racing :P

yeldar2097 out

KGB
19th April 2009, 07:45 PM
You should of asked me Yeldar, Voodoo rage could of done with a win to get us back on track :g

yeldar2097
19th April 2009, 09:46 PM
that's precisely why i didn't ask you ;)

KGB
19th April 2009, 09:48 PM
Touché :lol:lol:lol

kaori
19th April 2009, 09:59 PM
kgb, do you want play vs AG-Rapides this tuesday 21st April? (22.00 France, 21.00 England)

KGB
19th April 2009, 10:06 PM
Would love to kaori but i am at work that night so couldn't make it then, Perhaps at the weekend, maybe sunday night, i would have to check with Feisar though.

Vartazian
20th April 2009, 01:45 AM
CoVarianz - Vartazian And Connavar Is ready to be challenged!

Any Takers?

I personally would like to Race De-siggles

designer_79
20th April 2009, 06:05 PM
kinda related to the 'test-races' we had last weekend, mate? ;) I'll take that as an official challenge: so any suggestion date and time wise? Because Blackwiggle and me are living in a strange Eastern part of the world it could be an issue ... or anyway , weekends work fine in general. (not next one though cause my wingleader intends to get really drunk)

blackwiggle
21st April 2009, 12:34 AM
It's not intent,it's a forgone conclusion.

Next Saturday [ANZAC DAY April 25th,Public Holiday] is one of ,if not the biggest pissup days in Australia.:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:dizz y

It's like St Patrick's day is to the Irish.

KIGO1987
21st April 2009, 01:44 AM
Yes, big piss up days. But ****ing double demerits. Cunts are out in force doing people who go .01 over the speed limit and congratulating dumb cunts who drive slow and hold up the flow of the entire lane/s of traffic.... Back to topic. Anybody else in this timezone willing to do more doubles??

Vartazian
21st April 2009, 01:54 AM
Fuzz gotcha down Kigo?

djKyoto
21st April 2009, 02:12 AM
Just let me know, I'm keen for Outrun to be victorious again anytime soon. :g

designer_79
21st April 2009, 02:15 AM
Outrun will be challenged for a revenge race as soon as the 30 days waiting period is over ;) Full grid of AG-Sys next time :+

blackwiggle
21st April 2009, 09:39 AM
Kigo will probably use Triakis now.....have a look at single race records...:brickwall

By the way my Modem/router is back up and running so De -siggles are [almost ready for the next challenge] which is Connevar and Vertich [spelling]if I understand things correctly.
Could be a:brickwall or a :D depending how my wingmate has adjusted to using a different craft [and if I don't self destruct trying to pull off the killer move :redface: ]

KIGO1987
21st April 2009, 10:29 AM
Fuzz gotcha down Kigo?

No that was last year. Couldnt drive for most of that year. Partly why i became so addicted the Wipeout Pulse. But since ive got my 2nd car they are off my back good now.

@Blackwiggle:

Ive gotta be happy on Moa Therma single race Records, got No.2 world rank both on Forward and Reverse, i am happy also with the Moa Therma Forward record too, broke the 2minute barrier. Fuk yeah!:g

Im am using the lollypop ship blackwiggle still. Its pretty much has turned into Triakis online now, thanks to 1.30 and my lag.

designer_79
21st April 2009, 11:32 AM
Could be a:brickwall or a :D depending how my wingmate has adjusted to using a different craft [and if I don't self destruct trying to pull off the killer move :redface: ]

Wingmate is adjusting smoothly and quickly ... races have never been more fun :D

LOUDandPROUD
22nd April 2009, 03:53 PM
Have a match scheduled for today and was hoping for some quick clarification on one of the rules...specifically, the rule that states:

"If a player disconnects or is disconnected during the match, the tournament should be stopped and restarted immediately, if the player is able to rejoin."

So, if we're halfway through a tourney and someone gets disconnected, are we supposed to start the tourney completely from the beginning? Or just from the race where the disconnection occured, and then manually add the points from the previous races to the final tourney results (this would actually require that someone be taking photos of all the race results screens to pull off)? If it's the former, then that would be a tough pill to swallow for any team that may have dominated the races before the disconnection occured, while also being a lovely gift to any team that may have done poorly in those races...LOL. Regardless of the answer, I'd just like to know, so I can be sure to do the right thing, should a disconnection occur.

Thanks!

yeldar2097
22nd April 2009, 04:28 PM
from where it occured, just so long as you take note of all the points beforehand.

eLhabib
22nd April 2009, 07:39 PM
Amorbis and I are proud to announce our teamname for the doubles, it's

THEREDANDWHITE

playing on the fact that we are both from countries with red and white flags, and the fact that he pilots a white Auricom, and I pilot a red one :D

Now, time to get some challenges going ;)

Vartazian
22nd April 2009, 07:49 PM
Ill Talk to Connavar but Ill be willing to challenge the Red and Whites if you guys so desire.

LOUDandPROUD
22nd April 2009, 08:09 PM
Ok, cool...thanks for the clarification, Yeldar.

Amorbis
22nd April 2009, 08:30 PM
I'll be happy to race you Varatazian, based on the one race I've seen you in it should be interesting. I'll see what eLhabib says and we can organise a time and date. I should be free from Friday through to Sunday so the weekend would be ideal.

eLhabib
22nd April 2009, 08:45 PM
I'm game!

yeldar2097
22nd April 2009, 09:30 PM
more importantly, team names :D

SaturnReturn
22nd April 2009, 09:36 PM
I offer my congratulations to LOUDandPROUD for making it through the rules. I'm fairly sure we're still the only two that have. I have of course forgotten them all by now though. Shame!

Anyway, as yeldar (he's not read them either - he's totally blagging it :p) almost suggests, it's a good idea to write down points at the end of every race so that you can start again if necessary.

yeldar2097
22nd April 2009, 11:42 PM
now look here matey, i have SO read the rules. god knows i wrote em :P
isn't that right feisar ;)

i just had a little help,that's all...
ok feisar did EVERYTHING but that's not the point :D

@eL and Amorb: you want all upper-case letters with that? :D

stinkleroy
23rd April 2009, 12:39 AM
Just in case anybody is at all interested, PROUDtoH8YOU vs Aerodynamic has been postponed.....yes again haha :lol

I'm sure we'll get our act together soon enough, but if anybody wants to wipe the floor with Aerodynamic in the meantime, wer'e up for a challenge!

eLhabib
23rd April 2009, 09:24 AM
@eL and Amorb: you want all upper-case letters with that? :D

If it doesn't annoy you, yes ;)
You know, we're flying Auricom, we got to be bold :mr-t

yeldar2097
23rd April 2009, 10:45 AM
done and done :D

JJPAP
23rd April 2009, 11:24 AM
Upcoming match:
Enthropic Decay vs. Aerodynamic
Monday the 27th of april - 21.00 GMT/22.00 Paris

OBH
23rd April 2009, 11:54 AM
Im rooting for THEREDANDWHITE...... as filthy as it may be supporting the nasty, nasty auricom ship :dizzy handles like a wheelie bin.

If i was a betting man id have come up- with some odds! TarotCardKiller + SaturnReturn are still my dark horse to win this thing.

kanar
23rd April 2009, 02:12 PM
Upcoming matchs:
Enthropic Decay vs. Aerodynamic
Monday the 27th of april - 21.00 GMT/22.00 Paris
AG-Rapides vs. Aerodynamic
Thusday, april 28 - 21.00 GMT/22.00 Paris

phewwwww...

by the way, I'm ok to reschedule the Proud2H8YOu match wednesday. Let me know if you're ok guys.

yeldar2097
23rd April 2009, 02:45 PM
looks like Aerodynamic are going to be very busy next week ;)

stinkleroy
23rd April 2009, 02:48 PM
Yep, I'm officially scared now ;)

djKyoto
23rd April 2009, 03:13 PM
Kigo, lemme know when you want to bea-... race again. :dizzy

KIGO1987
24th April 2009, 02:40 AM
When im less tempted to break the controller due to the extreme cunty lag.

Which shouldn't be too far as the contract for my bullshit internet provider expires in just over a month from now. Then i can get something with a bit more speed. Then hopefully there shouldn't be any [less] lag, and a better gaming experience.

In due time kyoto in due time:)

kanar
24th April 2009, 08:02 AM
Upcoming Aerodynamic Tourney :
PROUD2H8YOU vs Aerodynamic : Sunday, april 26 - 20:30 GMT, 21.30 Paris
Enthropic Decay vs. Aerodynamic : Monday the 27th of april - 21.00 GMT/22.00 Paris
AG-Rapides vs. Aerodynamic : Thusday, april 28 - 21.00 GMT/22.00 Paris

WTF...... Kigo, I'll hunt this lag for you!

Connavar
24th April 2009, 09:20 AM
Vartazian: I'm fine with all the challenges :)
Just need to agree on a day and time... so when's our first?

il_NIK
24th April 2009, 10:23 AM
Me and Romano are here!

Team name: The missile Sloth :rolleyes:

Racer: Il_Nik + alteregorr

Amorbis
24th April 2009, 02:37 PM
Here's a proposed time for THEREDANDWHITE Vs. CoVarianz:
Sunday the 26th of April 2009
21:30 GMT+1 (British Summer Time)
22:30 GMT+2 (European DST)
13:30 GMT-7 (British Columbia DST)

Is that OK with the two teams? It's negotiable if that doesn't suit anyone. I know being on the west Canadian coast will make this slightly harder for you, Vartazian. Tell me if I'm wrong about the time in Canada, I'm guessing that BC stands for British Columbia.

Sorry to Vartazian, but I got his time zone wrong. I'm just changed and hoping that he'll tell me if I'm correct. GMT.com says it is fine now.

Vartazian
24th April 2009, 03:14 PM
2:30 in the Afternoon on Sunday fits great with me.

LEts Race!

eLhabib
24th April 2009, 03:35 PM
Perfect for me as well! Bring it on guys! :pirate

Feisar31
24th April 2009, 03:46 PM
OK I'm going to make this request one more time and then drop it. I don't know how yeldar feels about it (and it's his thread), but this is something we have in the rules.

Please use Private Messages to set up specific matches! If you didn't know, you can use semicolons to send a PM to more than one person.

There, nagging over. ;) It's great to see even more teams getting involved!

TarotCardKiller
24th April 2009, 03:48 PM
Im rooting for THEREDANDWHITE...... as filthy as it may be supporting the nasty, nasty auricom ship :dizzy handles like a wheelie bin.

If i was a betting man id have come up- with some odds! TarotCardKiller + SaturnReturn are still my dark horse to win this thing.

Its comments like those that make me less uneasy about Saturday's tourney against Vanina's Brother... =D Hopefully someone doesn't come up with a SUDDEN case of the flu...

To my teammate Saturn... "Lets kick the tires and light the fires!"

Connavar
24th April 2009, 04:50 PM
Amorbis: fine for me

yeldar2097
24th April 2009, 04:55 PM
i don't really mind people posting matches in this thread, PMs are more user friendly though i think.

that said, it does keep this thread nice and high. wouldn't want it to disappear :P

alterego
24th April 2009, 08:07 PM
Hi All!

...ahahah! a little mistake!

Il_Nik and I are the team "The missile Sloth" not as write in the ladder.....ehm ehm

;)

read you soon
cdrom

yeldar2097
25th April 2009, 01:04 AM
oops....corected it now :D

SaturnReturn
25th April 2009, 08:59 PM
Results:

Vanina's Brother vs. Folie Ã* deux

Vanina's Brother - 193 points

Folie Ã* deux - 175 points

Well done guys. Sorry haydn - we'll get 'em next time, when they're worth way more points :D

yeldar2097
26th April 2009, 01:45 AM
mmmm, I love unscheduled matches :D
nice and refreshing. well done to Vanina's Brother!

SaturnReturn
26th April 2009, 01:59 AM
It wasn't exactly unscheduled. It was planned for Saturday but we hadn't finalised a time and I forgot to tell you about it officially. Oops!

OBH
26th April 2009, 01:54 PM
Results:

Vanina's Brother vs. Folie Ã* deux

Vanina's Brother - 193 points

Folie Ã* deux - 175 points

Well done guys. Sorry haydn - we'll get 'em next time, when they're worth way more points :D

if youd had chosen to race for UK instead on The Flying Dutchman youd have been guarenteed the win ;)

though losing to the strongest team on paper is no biggie. Wotan & Luxoflux will be mighty hard to beat.

SaturnReturn
26th April 2009, 02:03 PM
Hehe, yeah well, the orange is too strong with this one. Don't worry, TCK said he's out for blood now so everyone better watch out :twisted

eLhabib
26th April 2009, 10:46 PM
Results CoVarianz vs THEREDANDWHITE

CoVarianz 185 PTS
THEREDANWHITE 183 PTS

As you can see from the points, this was really intense!!!
Good game, CoVarianz - I'd like to be able to say you were the better racers, but really, you were the better gunners ;)

Vartazian
26th April 2009, 10:47 PM
I wasnt really good at anything.

Wait I was the best at exploding and flying out of the course.

Dont forget best at coming in fourth as well.

Good Races.

Connavar
26th April 2009, 11:01 PM
That was uber close LOL...
Well guns are part of the game right? ;)
I admit I was a bit lucky and managed to hit more and get hit less.
Great game still, we'll meet again!

yeldar2097
27th April 2009, 05:09 PM
blimey o' ****ing riley! close call!
good work chaps :D

kanar
27th April 2009, 09:06 PM
Big congrats to Zoth & JJPAP, as far as I remember JJPAP announced :
Enthropic Decay 188 -- Aerodynamic 181. I completely cracked on the reverse lol. GG again to all, we spent good time together. Damn we need a victory tomorrow.

SaturnReturn
27th April 2009, 09:09 PM
Damn! Another close one. That must have been an exciting match. Good luck for tomorrow kanar.

kaori
27th April 2009, 09:40 PM
Yeah good luck for tomorrow Aerodynamic.

stinkleroy
27th April 2009, 10:19 PM
Thanks Kaori, we will need it haha :)

Thanks to JJPAP and Zoth for tonights match it was good fun....my wounded thumb hurts ;)

JJPAP
28th April 2009, 06:48 AM
Just to confirm Kanar´s result of the match between Enthropic Decay vs. Aerodynamic :P.
And also to say big thanks to The Cheetah and Kanar for a great and very close match :+ - (only 6 points divided number 1 and 4).
Sheep omelette and milk when ever you´re around, mates ;).
Without my knowledge there must have been a draw on one of the tracks (16 x 23 = 268p - 188 + 181 = 269p :eek).
Well, have to pick up Zoth from the mental institution; he was having a nervous breakdown last night :lol

stinkleroy
28th April 2009, 09:55 AM
Sheep and Herb omlette hahaha. Thanks Pappy ;)

Connavar
28th April 2009, 10:12 AM
Must be players 3 and 4 finishing together => +1 point

stinkleroy
28th April 2009, 10:18 AM
Unfortunately I didn't notice if anyone tied last night but it was very close in most races. It has happened to me before though, crossing the line with exactly the same time as another player. I was in first and got quaked just before the finish line :)

Zoth-Ommog
28th April 2009, 10:26 AM
Well, have to pick up Zoth from the mental institution; he was having a nervous breakdown last night :lol

Only minor one, so you guys don't have to worry and cry your selves to sleep. I got bit poetic thats all :lol

Once again i'd like to thank our rival team, races were great and chat was mentally funny! See you around!

(btw. that omelette was supposed to be our secret :lol )

leungbok
28th April 2009, 11:33 AM
I was in first and got quaked just before the finish line :)
Ok, we'll try that tonight ;)

KIGO1987
28th April 2009, 02:59 PM
Right, Andy, Greenix, kyoto, throw some good times, so we could organise this thing:)

djKyoto
28th April 2009, 03:07 PM
Most nights I'm good, so whenever. :D

kanar
28th April 2009, 09:12 PM
Well, first draw here lol. Aerodynamic 184 vs AG-Rapides 184. We all had our moments of glory, & respawns. Had great fun racing with you friends. Damn you Leungbok wth your blue ag-sys lol, on chengou reverse I thought it was you behind me, so I doomed Cat wth bombs & mines during 4 laps. Awful Cambodia kanar destroying is own team mate.

leungbok
28th April 2009, 09:19 PM
yes mate it was a nice one ! Did you received the check ? ;)

Zoth-Ommog
28th April 2009, 09:32 PM
a draw? cool, i would have wanted to see this :)

Grats to both teams!

stinkleroy
28th April 2009, 09:32 PM
Hahaha it made me laugh kanar....a lot! ;)

Thanks to Kaori and Leungbok for great races...hope to race with you again soon :)

kaori
28th April 2009, 09:34 PM
Crazy races tonight!
1st race, leungbok quaked me on Sol 2, I fell before I could attack kanar with a missile!
9th race, kanar and stinkleroy were first and second, I'm third and used a quake, me and leungbok finished 1st and 2nd!
14th race, I was first in the last lap, and leungbok was 2nd with a big gap. I slowed to try a tie and score a "double 8". Failled, leungbok win for 0.07 second...
16th race, Aerodynamic had one point more than AG-Rapides, stinkleroy was first, but leungbok took the head. I followed kanar during 5 laps, without touching him with my weapons, it's a tie!

Tournament Forward :
1st kanar 54 points, 2nd leungbok and stinkleroy 44 points, 4th kaori 42 points
Tournament Reverse :
1st leungbok 51 points, 2nd kanar and kaori 47 points, 4th stinkleroy 39 points

Points race by race (http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/12/06/70/68/aerody10.jpg)

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/%5Burl=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=127&u=12067068%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttp://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/12/06/70/68/th/aerody10.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D

kanar
28th April 2009, 09:47 PM
racing report, Stats race by race... Brillant. thanks mate. This league is really pure dope!

SaturnReturn
28th April 2009, 09:52 PM
Draw? Aren't you supposed to have an 8 forward track tourney straight away if you get a draw, in order to decide the result?

kaori
28th April 2009, 09:56 PM
I'm supposed being at bed!

kanar
28th April 2009, 10:03 PM
bwah ahah Yeldar French translation didn't mentioned that part, & we havn't checked here what to do. LOL, so we have to reschedule that. We're specialist in rescheduling matches, no worries ah ah.

Vartazian
28th April 2009, 10:25 PM
Come one come all The Next Match With CoVarianz will be on

SATURDAY MAY 2nd

1:30pm Pacific
4:30pm Eastern
10:30pm For Connavar (I dont know your time zone)

The Match will Be between CoVarianz and PROUD2H8YOU

Good Luck to both teams!

My Message to PROUD2H8YOU is, Becareful... We got a deadly aim ;)

Feisar31
28th April 2009, 10:28 PM
Yeah, no draws allowed I'm afraid. That's pretty incredible though! :eek

LOUDandPROUD
29th April 2009, 01:16 AM
@ Vartazian - Yah, you've got deadly aim...and Connavar. :P

JJPAP
29th April 2009, 06:38 AM
14th race, I was first in the last lap, and leungbok was 2nd with a big gap. I slowed to try a tie and score a "double 8". Failled, leungbok win for 0.07 second...

ROTFL :lol:lol:lol That´s the spirit!

Like Zoth, I would really have liked to watch the races - (maybe one day, when Spectator Mode is a fully integrated part of WO HD an works as intended ... :|)

yeldar2097
29th April 2009, 12:11 PM
yeah just rearrange a small match to decide who wins and everything will be groovy.
if it's a draw again then you know what to do ;)

Mjolnir74
30th April 2009, 04:22 PM
I don't know how I missed this thread until now, but if anyone's looking for a partner, let me know. I'd love to get involved with this.

yeldar2097
1st May 2009, 10:18 AM
I'm pretty sure someone will race with you, just ask around and you shouldn't have too much trouble :D

Any news on a decider between AG-Rapides & Aerodynamic?

stinkleroy
1st May 2009, 12:45 PM
Not sure yet yekdar, kanar is away until Sunday so will be rescheduled when he is back :)

KGB
2nd May 2009, 10:42 AM
Folie Ã* deux and Voodoo Rage will be going head to head on sunday at 9pm UK time. ;)

SaturnReturn
2nd May 2009, 11:32 AM
Yup, should be a close one :D

OBH
2nd May 2009, 08:33 PM
Myself and Hellfire will be enterying the fray! :D
Team name I'MBACKBABY! :banzai should have confirmed the name with the man himself, but hey ho!

yeldar2097
2nd May 2009, 08:35 PM
holy ****ing arsebandits, OBH+hellfire?
i genuinely fear for my life :cold
great that you found another partner :+

OBH
2nd May 2009, 08:37 PM
Really, quivering at the thought of racing Wotan and Luxoflux myself :)

Not that yeldar fella though, should be a breeze :D

Hellfire_WZ
2nd May 2009, 08:42 PM
I'm ready for a piece of this! :D

OBH
2nd May 2009, 08:45 PM
Hellfire had a fantastic team name idea - Holy ***king Arsebandits!!!

cheers yeldar! :D

Cupid Stunts was a very close second.

Vartazian
2nd May 2009, 09:36 PM
CoVarianz Vs PROUD2H8YOU

Winner : CoVarianz

Scores
Vartazian - 108 PTS
Connavar - 105 PTS
LOUDandPROUD - 81 PTS
IH8YOU - 78 PTS

CoVarianz - 213
PROUD2H8YOU - 153

After a Great Match Between CoVa and P2H8 (With alot of Firefights and Swears!) CoVa Came out on top as IH8YOU would put... with " Brutall Efficency".

Great Racing by all. I do believe the term "Rematch" was thrown around by PROUD2H8YOU.... Maybe sometime in the future we will race again!

LOUDandPROUD
2nd May 2009, 11:11 PM
Yah, that was quite a beatdown you guys gave us. :cold IH8YOU and I have some work to do before our rematch for sure!

IH8YOU
2nd May 2009, 11:40 PM
They won - no doubt. They were racing extremely well, too - in spite of them feeling otherwise.

Call this rationalization - or flat out BS - but I feel the margin between teams would have been a LOT thinner if we were on 1.2.

I recorded the 2nd tournament on my camera - and watching it really upset me. Those weapons pads I didn't hit - but thought I did - well, turns out I DID hit them, and got nada. Happened on 2 or 3 speed pads too - flew over them, and got no boost. Yes I'm serious - got it on video if you don't believe me.

Then my controller shut off completely at the start of Sebenco - on a full battery. Apparently - this happened to Jason, as well.

I know all of us were having BR problems (as we all voiced it in the chat room)... I thought private matches were supposed to alleviate the micro-freezes and what not. (that was my first private room) Sadly - I didn't seem to see a difference.

I hope we can face off again - on a level (and predictable) playing field. But all in all - the better team did win - and my sincere apologies for Jason - for dragging the team down.

Vartazian
2nd May 2009, 11:44 PM
Haha IH8YOU you are a phenominal racer, both you and LaP Throttle me all the time on single race rooms.

Maybe the Reason why I did so well compared to last time is because I had minimal problems with My BR's sure there were a few times when I couldnt get them but 90% of the time I hit them.

You guys really outgunned us too in this round! It was an Awesome game.

Hopefully next time OUR team has all the Controller problems so you guys can humiliate us!!

Till next we meet!

Connavar
2nd May 2009, 11:47 PM
Some more stats, ships:
IH8YOU: AG-Systems
Vartazian - AG-Systems
Connavar: Icaras
LOUDandPROUD: Feisar

I enjoyed the game very much, because everyone was civilized, congrats to
LOUDandPROUD and IH8YOU, well first for the AMAZING name PROUD2H8YOU!!!
And also for playing fair, normally you would have scored more points because
you had some controller issues; also we all suffered from the microfreezes
meaning we couldn't execute many BRs :mad:

Still without those BRs, BOTH I and Vartazian managed to score a 2.03.xx on
Chenghou, which is kind of incredible I think :)

Obviously congrats to Vartazian for being the #1 player, sorry for bombing
you twice... At least I'm stable with 105 points in this game and 105 in the
previous one against Amorbis/eLhabib :)

Edit: Ah damn I notice Vartazian didn't have BR issues ... so where does
this problem come from??? Last week I had close to 0 problem and I could
race a lot better... I'd prefer nobody to have the issue ... or everybody,
otherwise it's unfair for one of the teams :/

djKyoto
3rd May 2009, 02:08 AM
Hellfire had a fantastic team name idea - Holy ***king Arsebandits!!!

Bring it on. ;)

blackwiggle
3rd May 2009, 02:33 AM
I thought The Cunning Stuntswould be a better name.

LOUDandPROUD
3rd May 2009, 01:29 PM
I thought private matches were supposed to alleviate the micro-freezes and what not. (that was my first private room) Sadly - I didn't seem to see a difference.

Wow, that didn't even dawn on me until I read that. There were plenty of micro-freezes in our races and it was an invitation-only room...well, that officially shoots down the theory that micro-freezes are due to the new join room/spectator features. So, now the question is, what really IS causing the micro-freezes?

Also, dude, there's absolutely no need to apologize...your a great pilot. We may have been beaten badly, but I think we both did ok under the circumstances. I anticipate that we'll fare better next time.

@ Connavar & Vartazian - Thanks for the compliments! Had fun! :)

@ blackiggle - LMBO!!! Best...team...name...EVER!!! :lol

SaturnReturn
3rd May 2009, 01:54 PM
Is it possible the game set itself back to public when a setting was changed or something? That happened to me in our first match. We did a single race first to test connection, with it set to invite only, and then after when I changed it to a tournament Soccermums noticed it had changed itself to puclic again.

JJPAP
3rd May 2009, 03:13 PM
It certainly does :frown:
See my bug-report (http://http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5321&page=6)
Be sure to check that the parameter is still set to Invitational, when changing anything in the lobby.

OBH
3rd May 2009, 05:51 PM
osama-bin-haydn[IT]
Now, unless im mistaken.... im not Italian :)

SaturnReturn
3rd May 2009, 09:24 PM
I was going to joke that it stood for "in transit". But that actually makes far too much sense. So er....intoxicated...yes, that's better.

EDIT:

I'm well confused about the point system now. How come me and TCK are on less than 1500? We've lost 1 and won 1. The first one we couldn't have been expected to win because it was our first match. The second one we can't have been expected to win because it was against a team with more points than us. So how can that come out to less than what we started out at? I thought the system accounted for expected results. :blarg

EDIT: Never mind. I worked it out :D

Feisar31
3rd May 2009, 09:55 PM
MATCH RESULT

Folie Ã* deux (TarotCardKiller + SaturnReturn): 206 points
Voodoo Rage (kgb1971 + Feisar31): 162 points

SaturnReturn - 104 points
TarotCardKiller - 102 points
Feisar31 - 84 points
kgb1971 - 78 points

Tournament 1 results (http://www.animara.com/wohd/match03_05_2009_t1.jpg) (forward tracks)
Tournament 2 results (http://www.animara.com/wohd/match03_05_2009_t2.jpg) (reverse tracks)

Congratulations to Folie Ã* deux! Voodoo Rage continues its downward spiral...

kanar
4th May 2009, 06:04 AM
Well, it happened again. We played a final 8 tracks tournament after our last week draw... AG-Rapides 94 - Aerodynamic 94.
So after this crazy draw result again, we decided to try a kind of "golden race" rule. It has been decided to race on Sebenco reverse... And a bomb exploded in the last lap... Stinkleroy saw I was 2/3 secs behind Leungbok, after a dumb respawn lol, so she placed a huge BOMB in the last turns. And well... I finally came 1st. I would like to thank you a lot guys, was again a real close one.

leungbok
4th May 2009, 06:10 AM
arf, don't turn the knife in the wound, mate ! ;)
congrats to aerodynamic ! :)

yeldar2097
4th May 2009, 09:52 AM
blimey!! 2 draws in a row, i'm impressed. great stuff :+

KGB
4th May 2009, 10:28 AM
Well done Saturn and TCK for their win yesterday, totally outclassed. :(
Thought I might of won one race though, the gods were not with me. ;)

SaturnReturn
4th May 2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks KGB and Feisar31. You guys were noble runners up. I'm sure you would have won a few, KGB, if it had been pre-patch and you weren't a bit out of practice. I'd taken a break in the week but had been playing most of the weekend so was in pretty good shape. Not to mention TCK was out for blood after our loss to Vanina's Brother.

Thanks again to TCK - another one where our results were very even :D That's always good to see. Go Team!

JJPAP
4th May 2009, 12:46 PM
Scheduled Match:

Enthropic Decay vs. Holy ***king Arsebandits: Monday the 4th of may - 21.00 GMT

POSTPONED

JJPAP
4th May 2009, 01:51 PM
Scheduled match:

Enthropic Decay vs. The Missile Sloth: Thursday the 7th of may - 22.00 GMT

yeldar2097
4th May 2009, 03:45 PM
good stuff JJPAP, nice to see some more matches being arranged :+

JJPAP
5th May 2009, 09:30 AM
Scheduled match:

Enthropic Decay vs. THEREDANDWHITE: Wednesday the 6th of may - 21.00 GMT

POSTPONED

JJPAP
6th May 2009, 06:56 AM
Re-scheduled match:

Enthropic Decay vs. Holy ***king Arsebandits: Sunday the 10th of may - 20.30 GMT

TheFrostE
7th May 2009, 06:26 PM
i guess you'll be seeing me now as well, since i have signed on as LoudAndProuds new pilot. cya on the track!

yeldar2097
7th May 2009, 07:37 PM
yay! then we can cool-down with some worms! (good times eh? :P)
team name??
:D

LOUDandPROUD
7th May 2009, 08:22 PM
Still workin' on it! Hopefully we'll have a name for you soon! :)

JJPAP
7th May 2009, 10:14 PM
RESULT:

Enthropic Decay vs. The Missile Sloth

Enthropic Decay: 189 points
The Missile Sloth: 179 points

Once again a bloody exciting match. After the forward tracks The Sloths were leading by 4 points, enjoying their Prosecco and Port and doing really well. Reverse tracks the opposite story, just vodka and redwine in the glasses instead. Me personally: Ended up in the sofa with 3 burning cigs in the ashtray and no shirt on :eek
Big thanks from E. D. to The Missile Sloths: Damn fast and damn nice guys!
The Doubles rule!

Ciao

:beer:beer:beer:beer

Zoth-Ommog
7th May 2009, 10:20 PM
Very intense indeed, i also felt like i was boiling :D damn hot!

CdRom and il-Nik are very friendly and polite racers, and first of all they're fast! Hope to race you guys soon again :beer

btw: guess who had wine and who had vodka.. :lol

il_NIK
8th May 2009, 06:19 AM
Thanks to our fastest friends for that fast bloody Thursday :clap

Great reaction after the first unfortunate races, and really great rev races with some double good results for E.D.

I'm really happy to know those fast and correct guys. Nice :lol

Next time we'll be more prepared on rev and stronger than ever on fw
(I think this is a request for a return match. Oh my...)

Great night mates :banzai

alterego
8th May 2009, 06:54 AM
Hi All!

Our First Double.

We loose, but with a great fun! (I want more!!! :) )

E.D. are very fast and correct pilots in game and a real friends in in the chat room.:+

I really hope that in the future, at the next convention or mini meeting, we can meet togheter for real!

Double rulez!
thank you all for this great evening!!! :)

Read You Soon!
CdRom

Vartazian
8th May 2009, 06:57 AM
UPCOMING MATCH

CoVarianz vs Folie Ã* deux

Saturday. 2PM Pacific

TarotCardKiller
8th May 2009, 04:41 PM
We are also racing Aerodynamic this coming Sunday at 2100 GMT.

LOUDandPROUD
9th May 2009, 01:09 AM
TheFrostE and I have settled on a team name...considering our craft allegiance, we're going with Semper Feisar. There ya have it! :)

HunterGreg8
9th May 2009, 12:17 PM
Kingheim and I want to participate. We have no name for the team now

OBH
9th May 2009, 12:57 PM
TheFrostE and I have settled on a team name...considering our craft allegiance, we're going with Semper Feisar. There ya have it! :)

what happed to PROUD2H8YOU? :(

Good to see kingheim getting involved :) havnt seen him online yet.

LOUDandPROUD
9th May 2009, 01:23 PM
Well, the IH8YOU half of PROUD2H8YOU stated he just couldn't deal with all the issues associated with 1.30 anymore (this was right before 1.40 was released) and has since reverted back to 1.26, I believe indefinitely. So, I had to find a new partner. :(

I know he's tried out 1.40 since then, but considering the only thing fixed is the micro-freezes, I don't think he's very enamored with it. When he does get back to playing online eventually, he'll certainly make a fine partner for someone and I hope the first team he challenges is Semper Feisar! :)