PDA

View Full Version : Online races don't load after lobby countdown

AG-wolf
21st March 2009, 12:46 AM
I just sat here and tried to jump onto a couple races and every time the countdown finishes, my PSP just sits there in the lobby... the "player info" and "select ship" options are gone, but in the lower right corner, it has "X - Accept" and "O - cancel" still visible. I recorded a video, but I'm not gonna upload it just yet. Does anyone have any idea why I might be having issues connecting? I have the right ports open and all of that happy-horsesh*t,.

haxorger, INFAXSU, shabsi39, tebario, deathchopz are all in the one Im trying to start right now.... aaand.... oh my god, it actually worked for once. and infaxsu and haxorger aren't at the starting grid of the first race. OH MY GOD THE FRAME RATE, MY EYES D:

so what are common connection problems? Am I missing something? are the servers just lagging since Pulse is older now? Is there anything I can do, basically

rdmx
21st March 2009, 02:13 AM
I used to get this when my wireless connection quality wasn't good enough - i.e. I'm upstairs from the wireless router instead of being right next to it

AG-wolf
21st March 2009, 02:58 AM
I dunno... my signal's pretty strong, I'm no further away than my PS3 and I have no issues when playing WOHD :/

rdmx
21st March 2009, 03:16 AM
My PS3 works upstairs, my PSP doesn't if you were wondering :S Better online code on HD?

Darkdrium777
21st March 2009, 03:32 AM
Right now PSN is down so that may be part of the problem.

zargz
21st March 2009, 09:35 AM
My guess is it depends on the strength of the signal. Never had that problem in Sweden
with a 100meg cable connection, using a Mac as a hotspot and sitting right next to it. 8)
Even back then the signal would differ from the livingroom to the kitchen never mind up/downstairs.

Here in Thailand I got wireless and some times it works a sec or 2 after the countdown and some times I get stuck in the lobby :bomb

archman
21st March 2009, 09:47 AM
It doesn't depend on the strength of the signal. I'm 30cm away from AP, and I still get those errors. So it's all about the server.

(@AG-Wolf, DD777, zargz: hope to race you sometime soon... ;))

F.E.I.S.A.R
29th October 2010, 12:31 PM
I think I got into a room with a track from an expansion pack.I was stuck at the lobby until I left the room.
I WANT THE EFFING EXPANSION PACKS!!!sigh:(

kat-kun
30th October 2010, 03:18 PM
there's online mode on pulse? or have i just not noticed it. lol