PDA

View Full Version : Fusion Limited Edition Box...

Red Bull Rocket
14th October 2002, 06:26 PM
Hello All !!

My first posting here, and hopefully it hasn't been covered before. I recently picked up a used Limited Edition Fusion box with a holographic ( I can't remember exactly what they're called ) box. The artwork is the same as the regular cover, but kind of animated with 5 scenes, the regular box slides out from inside this sleeve. Any ideas how many of these were made ? I would have bought the game new, but fancied the funky box...

Fusion and WO3 rules !! Although I can't see me playing 2097 again, well maybe just a bit. Fusion is just so fast and smooth compared to the PS1 versions.....

Keep it out the walls !!

RBR :D

DJ Techno
14th October 2002, 06:38 PM
dam it

how the hell did you get that limited edition box

I give you fifty bucks in american cold hard cash for that game version
or at least some knowledge on how you got that box, where, and who sold it to you.

oh yeah and welcome to the zone
I am the only member here that is hidden

infoxicated
14th October 2002, 07:07 PM
Not entirely sure of the numbers, but I know they were only a European thing.

I did have two - I gave one to Al because he begged me! ;)

Now I just have the one, gathering dust with my copy of 'Fusion inside...

DJ Techno
14th October 2002, 07:39 PM
zzzzzzzz

A slightly woken up person

I get you a money order for how much the price that special
edition game is.
American currency to Euro currency
that game won't be gathering anymore dust when I get my
hands on it.

JABBERJAW
14th October 2002, 10:27 PM
gathering dust? mine too. I'm going to play the contest though, so everyone can get the same time :D.

Red Bull Rocket
14th October 2002, 11:32 PM
Hi DJ Techno and all,
Well, I don't think I'll part with mine, but should I get another I'll let you know. I think that it may be a kind of promotional item, and was not officially for sale ( far as I know ). I've never seen one for sale in the stores in the UK.....

RBR :wink:

Thruster2097
15th October 2002, 06:53 AM
strictly speaking (yeah, like I talk any other way :P ) you shouldnt see that edition of `fusion for sale anywhere, as it is solely designed as a press pack.
I am still pestering Sony for the press pack of GranTurismo 2002 concept. Apparantley, it`s awesome!

DJ Techno
15th October 2002, 01:20 PM
when you get a copy of Gran Turismo
get one for me to

If the Fusion LE was like some kind of promo then...
will somebody get me a copy and send it over to the states
via UPS or Fed Ex :wink:

Feisar
17th October 2002, 01:23 AM
is there any difference in the game?

Thruster2097
17th October 2002, 10:41 AM
what-- fusion?

dont think so. All you get extra is a press disc which has pictures, interviews and biographii on pilots and designers, including rob "12inch" francis..... :o

DJ Techno
17th October 2002, 01:09 PM
well if that's all that is included in the Fusion LE box
I would still like to have it.

Spaceboy Gajo
17th October 2002, 05:12 PM
rob "12inch" francis..... :o

I'm hoping this Rob guy is referring to his collection or his love of vinyl records and that he's some sort of DJ.

If it is what I think it is, he better stick to designing video games.

spaceboy gajo :D

DJ Techno
17th October 2002, 06:16 PM
problaly Rob has a love for vinyl records or something?

I whether prefer cd's.
I think he should stick with what he does best.

Lance
17th October 2002, 07:16 PM
i think we should all stick with talking about things we know something about

DJ Techno
17th October 2002, 07:54 PM
Fine.

Like I said before about getting a copy of the Fusion LE box.
If anybody is intersted in selling there's or just plum won't to get rid of it because it's collecting dusk. contact me at www.Wipeout95MTL@msn.com my e-mail address.
or if you live in the United States my business number 1-803-447-5026
I want to add that collectors edition box to my addition of Wipeout stuff.

infoxicated
17th October 2002, 10:39 PM
All I have is the limited edition holographic dust cover - the case inside it contains only one disk and that's the game disk.

In certain territories the "press pack" was sold as a limited edition run with that holographic dust cover. I think Wamdue got the complete kit when he picked up the game on launch day in his area.

As for Rob "12inch" Francis, I have no idea why he would have the "12 Inch" part stuck in his name. I went to Rob's flat a few times to get changed for five a side football and he didn't have a collection of vinyl anywhere on show - usually just a pile of playstation games and a lap top or two.

I'll send him a mail tomorrow and ask him all about it, although he's a big tease so he'll probably wind me up before he reveals the truth! :-? :)

I suspect he had it put there with a bit of a wink and a smile - Rob's just that kind of person - quite a risque sense of humor and sometimes you don't know whether he's taking the piss or not! :D

Thruster2097
18th October 2002, 06:53 AM
it has nothing to do with vinyl.... one of the other programmers calls himself "12 inches bigger than Rob F" :lol: its just something that made me chuckle while I was reading the press pack biographies about team fusion.
Its really good to see that the team from such an important project still know how to have a laugh

infoxicated
18th October 2002, 08:27 AM
>Its really good to see that the team from such an important project still know how to have a laugh

I can vouch for that - Dado, who worked on the special effects for Wipeout Fusion, is currently running a Toast and Chocolate Spread bar from his desk!

He charges 10p a slice, but hot toast with Nutella is a fabulous afternoon snack! :D

DJ Techno
21st October 2002, 04:46 PM
Slice bread with some jam for a dime(10cents)?

I'm sorry I could not just pay a dime for slice bread. I they would have to include something to drink and second helpings of the food for a coin.

Wamdue
15th November 2002, 07:19 AM
got the LE pack too :) Bought it off a game-journalist

DJ Techno
15th November 2002, 04:59 PM
Cool, how much did you have to pay him or her?

Wamdue
15th November 2002, 11:41 PM
450crowns, a new ps2 game goes for 550-600crowns. So it was a really good deal.

Didnt get any instructions booklet tho, only the LE-cover , the game and the press materials disc. I posed some pictures here when I got it. ;)