PDA

View Full Version : auricom challenge.

Wamdue
7th February 2002, 09:15 PM
I know Al had troubles with this one too I think, its the _first_ challenge in the auricom even! I just cant seem to get by that van-uber, if i airbrake in the turns so I dont hit the walls, it just gets away, if i dont airbrake that much I hit the walls and it gets away again, i must have made like, uhm 10 tries now?!

i suspect the van-uber team standing next to my auricom lookin incognito pre-race have sabotaged my vessle..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wamdue on 2002-02-07 22:24 ]</font>

BurnHead
8th February 2002, 08:26 AM
LOOOOOOOOOL!!! :lol
Yeah... maybe they've put some sort of slowdown device on you craft... hehehehe!

But, yeah you're right... The Auricom challenge and the Piranha Challenge are the hardest. But if you try a few times you'll at least get a medal and unlock the super weapon then. And in case of Auricom: the super weapon looks damn cool (I guess you've already seen it) but doesn't do really great damage (as the super weapon of Tigron... :grin:)

infoxicated
8th February 2002, 08:32 AM
Do you have to get all golds to unlock the super weapon?

I have one silver and the rest are golds in the Feisar challenge, but it hasn't opened up the weapon.

The Auricom one is a total bummer - on that stupid Cubis Float with caves grrrrrr!

BurnHead
8th February 2002, 09:06 AM
nope... you don't have to get gold on all challenges to get the super weapon.

In fact you don't have to get gold at all. On the Auricom challenge for example, I only have one gold medal... the rest is silver and bronze (and at the first attempt I didn't have a gold medal at all and unlocked the super weapon).

You unlock the team's gold challenge if you have gold on all regular challenges... but that doesn't do something special (at least I haven't seen something special yet... maybe I should finish all gold challenges)

As for the FEISAR challenge: it really should be no problem getting gold there on all challenges :grin:

Wamdue
8th February 2002, 01:51 PM
hehe, i found the piranha challenge to be the easiest. still, that first auricom challenge is extremly hard me think

Tim
8th February 2002, 01:55 PM
I had the most problems getting gold in the first Tigron challenge (the one with the turbos). Was the last step I needed to unlock 100% of the features. I'am quite surprised that winning the gold challenges doesn't seem to unlock anything. I expected Devilia to open, but this course seems to be restricted to the 2nd pilot/ship unlock challenges, which were all too easy :sad:
Currently I'm addicted to zone mode, which really rocks !

infoxicated
8th February 2002, 02:24 PM
Yeah - Zone mode is a bit more fun when you don't have to wait for it to reset like in the demo! :wink:

Wamdue
8th February 2002, 05:04 PM
yeah zone mode is awesome, when i reached 40+ zones.. wow.. whats the limit?

infoxicated
9th February 2002, 12:20 PM
The ship doesn't get any faster after Zone 60, apparently. The paremeters of the ship still increase after that, though, so ultimately the ship gets easier to handle as you move above zone 60.

Nice for those who can get there!

Lance
9th February 2002, 04:30 PM
for a second there, Rob, you had me thinking you knew this from direct personal experience. :smile:

infoxicated
10th February 2002, 12:15 PM
Yeah, right! :smile:

Hyper Shadow
10th February 2002, 05:13 PM
I'm finding it hard to believe that you, the elite of WipEout, are saying the first Auricom challenge is the hardest?????? Has the world turned on its head or something. I got gold on my first attmpt at this one, I just crept up to it and by the start/finish straight took a tight line up around the inside of the corner and bang 42 secs GOLD!!

infoxicated
10th February 2002, 05:28 PM
There is a bit of a random factor thrown in there - the ship you're chasing doesn't take the same line every time.

On the Piranha chase challenge at Temtesh Bay 3 reverse, I took about five attempts and couldn't catch the other ship. I left it for a few hours and tried again. First weapon grid : Missile - fired it, stopped him at the foot of the hill and flew past.

It all happened in a blur and took six seconds - which is a very polished gold!

However, I imagine if I try it again it'll happen differently.

UncleZeiv
10th February 2002, 09:25 PM
Have you read what comes written while selecting the piranha challenge? It suggests that getting all golds unlocks some prototype stuff...

UncleZeiv
10th February 2002, 09:27 PM
Sorry, I meant "gettin gold in all the challenges".

As Heaven Is Wide
11th February 2002, 09:40 AM
Yeah ive had golds in all the challenges but i havent had anything yet so im trying to get golds in everything cos a prototype style ship sounds cool.

Hyper Shadow
11th February 2002, 10:01 AM
I've seen that aswell, its on the text for the Piranha challenge isn't it?

Oh and by the way, I just completed the Tigron chase challenge in 0.2seconds, w theres a bit of a challenge for you!

BurnHead
11th February 2002, 10:56 AM
Are you sure? Then I really have to get gold on these challenges (only two teams left though) :smile:...
But cause on my "Game Statistics" Screen it says "Features Unlocked 100%", I don't really believe I'll unlock some prototype stuff :wink:

Would be cool if Devilia would be unlocked though!

Hyper Shadow
11th February 2002, 12:44 PM
I've got 100% unlocked too, but check it out for yourself, watch the background scrolling text on the Piranha challenge and right near the bottom it says something along the lines of...

"It is very difficult to gain a super licence for all the f9000 teams and even harder to get golds. The f9000 league are looking for such pilots to test out new developments....."

It is the last paragraph of the "speech"

As Heaven Is Wide
11th February 2002, 01:26 PM
Maybe thats what zone mode is (testing out how fast the f9000's own technology can be) kinda makes sense cos u have to be an excellent pilot to do well in it.

Wamdue
11th February 2002, 03:24 PM
when i put my times in at wipeoutfusion.com (used the upgraded piranha)

it said the following:

You got time X:XX:xx
on Florion Heights Course 3 Reverse
Team: Piranha Prototype 93%

there you have it.. i think you guys are already racing the prototype without even knowing it.

but on second thought.. who knows..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wamdue on 2002-02-11 16:31 ]</font>