PDA

View Full Version : a question on "hackers" movie

locopol
13th October 2002, 07:26 AM
in the movie "hackers".., Angelina Jolie appears in a Arcade game of race, that game is Wipeout?????

greetings for all :D

Paul
Santiago of Chile

AmigoJack
13th October 2002, 10:40 AM
that IS a prototype W'O''. there have been many discussions about that - the most recent one containing the most official info can be found in "a question to the game developers" at http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=585&start=20

Feisar
13th October 2002, 05:01 PM
i love Hackers the movie

U V
13th March 2003, 10:39 PM
its there a part 2 out?

Roger
14th March 2003, 12:09 PM
its there a part 2 out?
Hope not :lol:

Seriously, sequels more often than not ruin any credibility the original may have possessed.

There are two soundtrack albums, though.

U V
14th March 2003, 12:48 PM
its there a part 2 out?
Hope not :lol:

Seriously, sequels more often than not ruin any credibility the original may have possessed.

very true.....

but there are some sequels that inprove on the original, or take on a mildly differant angle to the first....

think: 'The Godfather part II' or 'Wipeout 2097'

8)

AmigoJack
15th March 2003, 01:27 PM
roger is rite - sequels mostly ruin the original...
of course sometimes there are exceptions (wipeout, alien...)

...but to answer: YES there is a sequel to hackers - its named "hackers 2: operation takedown". it seems that it only exists as american release. i never watched it but i know someone who ones a copy. all i know is that you dont meet any character from the real "hacker"-movie again.

wipe'out'' proto'type'' roks! :wink:

Spaceboy Gajo
15th March 2003, 04:40 PM
Oh wow, thanks Amigo!

I wouldn't mind seeing how this piece of dribble went. Sounds like it was just a straight to video "let's see if we can at least make some of our money back" video release. Just have to find the right discount so I don't have to rent it at a full price.

If you do beat me to it Amigo, post a review. I think there are some Hacker fans around here!

spaceboy gajo :)

AmigoJack
15th March 2003, 08:41 PM
hmm... i could re-get that copy (some divx @ 650 or 700mb) - thats no problem - of course in english.

hackers was a good movie - most authentic of all (but still far away from the "scene"). i also like it because it uses great music (underworlds cowgirl, prodigys one love <-- this really ROKS, leftfields inspection one, orbitals halcyon & on & on) plus the two actors matthew lillard (scream, thir13en ghosts) and *jonny lee miller* (trainspotting) plus an angelina jolie looking not so bad -- -------------- and last but not least the prototype arcade game :wink:

auslander
17th March 2003, 05:54 PM
I thought that title sounded funny.

hackers 2: operation takedown is not a sequel to Hackers. In fact it's not even a movie. The movie is called Takedown and is about the capture and arrest of Kevin Mitnick. It's based on a book by John Markoff. The 'Hackers 2' name is the name of the *bootleg*.

the story itself is a semi-true one written by some of the people that tracked down Kevin but the crappy thing is that the subject of the movie himself, Mitnick didn't get a dime out of the whole thing. he insists that most of the script is pure fiction. He was put behind bars for something like 4 years without trial (due to the stuff he did which made him a fugitive in the first place). Now he's written a book about security and Social Engineering and he's out of prison and doing alright.

anyhow, most real hackers would side with kevin and say this movie is an abomination. i haven't seen it so i can't say anything though.

look up the entry in the IMDB here: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0159784

aus!

Spaceboy Gajo
17th March 2003, 06:04 PM
That does sound familiar in fact. Good ninja skillz! I think I saw this movie in a magazine and I wanted to see it because they said it was pretty good. I wondered what happened to it.

The one good/bad thing about bootlegs. They never seem to get things right.

spaceboy gajo :)

infoxicated
17th March 2003, 07:21 PM
I can see there are a few hacker fans here on the board, and for those of you who like this kind of thing I cannot recomend The Blue Nowhere by Jeffrey Deaver highly enough. It truly is a gripping read and involves all sorts of thrilling command prompt capers :D