PDA

View Full Version : The Flying Dutchmen vs. Team England

AnErare
9th March 2009, 04:30 PM
OK guys, here goes!

We all know the drill, let's get nice teams together and pick a reasonable date!

For starters, next weekend (14/15) I'll not be around my ps3 because of work. The weekend after I probably can join in. But the rest of my team may be hesitant because France wants revenge :P

There also is an Avalon weekend, the last in a while, so that might form a huge but welcome obstacle.

We'll see what develops.

yeldar2097
9th March 2009, 06:34 PM
i'm free from 21 march to 20th or so april.

hope this helps. i'm well up for a british takedown :D

SaturnReturn
9th March 2009, 06:45 PM
I'm available any weekend. But preferably mid afternoon as I will actually be awake then. But I will make way for anyone better than me whether by qualification or general team agreement. Will happily be backup if necessary.

A tip from me. Send PMs to the Dutchmen early, maybe best over PSN. Especially FrenkyV as he wanted to play but I failed miserably to contact him on time now on 3 separate occasions.

On a side note. I just gave Mirage a try out for only the 2nd time ever. It's actually pretty good. I hated it last time. Maybe I'll stick with it. So if I did take part me and haydn could potentially have a clash of the bugs. That'd be cool.

Hellfire_WZ
9th March 2009, 06:48 PM
Ready and waiting for you boys ;)

yeldar2097
9th March 2009, 07:02 PM
me loves the bug, that's why i'm saving it til last on my 100k mission :P
true about the communication, we're proper disorganised. not as bad as the french though, that was just funny

Greenix
9th March 2009, 11:24 PM
i'm well up for a british takedown :D

Bring it punk! :beer
This sounds like it will be fun, last time I raced for queen and country was in the showdown with the french and since then Hari has been itching for some more blood and carnage :banzai

I'm free any weekend for the time being. Hope we can get this working

AnErare
9th March 2009, 11:51 PM
You are both punks, will both bring it on and both be knocked out ;P Even if it were only by the thrills :lol

Mad-Ice
10th March 2009, 06:38 AM
Coming weekend will be filled with Avalon events! So I will try to race with Kanar as long as possible.

Sunday 22th of march seems like a good day!? During the afternoon or just after dinner. Last weekend of march, any day will be okay!

OBH
10th March 2009, 09:09 AM
let me know as and when and im there :beer
rarely get the opportunity to race Mr.Mad-Ice :g

SaturnReturn
14th March 2009, 03:46 AM
Looking at Dutchmen availability maybe it would be cool to do the England match on March 29th and have a Flying Dutchmen meet on 22nd. How's that sound?

OBH
14th March 2009, 12:20 PM
29ths a sunday. sunday is almost always the best time for me.

sounds good

Greenix
14th March 2009, 12:22 PM
yep, all good here :)

Hellfire_WZ
14th March 2009, 01:22 PM
Good for me :)

stinkleroy
15th March 2009, 10:20 PM
Don't forget the clocks go forward on Sunday 29th at 1.00am.

SaturnReturn
15th March 2009, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the warning stinkychops :D

yeldar2097
15th March 2009, 10:34 PM
oh god not that time of year again -_-
i need my beauty sleep, big time!

saturn, we need to get djmaniac to come again, it was nice to see him. and this time we should tell him that it's longer than one tournament ;)

stinkleroy
15th March 2009, 10:34 PM
Haha cheers snotface :lol

cnmth
15th March 2009, 10:41 PM
Also available 29-03-2009 ; )

AnErare
16th March 2009, 01:48 AM
Awesome cnmth!

Victory against Fangland will be sure ;P

Luxoflux
16th March 2009, 08:55 AM
Sadly, im not available that day. but good luck to everyone:+

OBH
16th March 2009, 11:54 AM
Final ENG team is -
Me, greenix, Hellfire & Amorbis - KGB backup

whenever your ready guys :g:beer

yeldar2097
16th March 2009, 11:57 AM
well we are civilised about such matters so we'll probably have qualifyers beforehand.
thats how REAL AG-racers do it :D

OBH
16th March 2009, 12:03 PM
Our method is equally civilised.

Whomever can be arsed :beer

Amorbis
16th March 2009, 03:29 PM
The English method seems to be quite effective at picking teams so far :lol. Good luck to both teams on the 29th, I'm almost certainly going to be available for a Sunday drive/race :P. I've barely raced any Dutch pilots so it should be an interesting experience. For some reason I have high expectations from Dutch people :?.

yeldar2097
16th March 2009, 05:58 PM
probably because we're awesome :lol
you just wait matey chum, you'll get your comeuppance soon :P
so who's (potentially) flying the dutch flag?

Mad-Ice
16th March 2009, 06:04 PM
Strong team England has, mmmmm! The Flying Dutchmen need some training and maybe some qualifications who will be racing them?

I will be there!

yeldar2097
16th March 2009, 06:09 PM
ok so for the qualifyers we have: mad-ice, saturnreturn, connavar, cnmth, anerare, djmaniac (maybe??), and depending on whether i feel i've improved enough, me.
good turnout.

Greenix
16th March 2009, 06:20 PM
Will be interesting to see who forms the Frying, erm... Flying Dutchmen Team, your all gonna be a strong team whoever gets in :)

My little AG-Systems ship may be making a guest star appearance in this meeting, Harimau's been clamped after I ignored some harsh parking rules. I believe the clamp had Mad-Ice Industries on it....

yeldar2097
16th March 2009, 06:40 PM
see? i told you it wasn't me who grafittied it!
at least you know what ship you'll be in... eg-x are about to kick me out for being rubbish so i need to find a new team :lol

OBH
16th March 2009, 07:14 PM
Strong team England has, mmmmm! The Flying Dutchmen need some training and maybe some qualifications who will be racing them?
Train hard and well my friend :g Our little battles were getting a little one sided!

Isnt trash talking so much fun :beer

leungbok
16th March 2009, 09:42 PM
Hmmm, warm the "ice" is not a fine strategy, i guess ;)

Mad-Ice
17th March 2009, 06:18 PM
Lol at Osama and Leungbok! Osama, I will hunt you down like a mad man and I am gonna get medievil on yer ass!:pirate

Hellfire_WZ
17th March 2009, 06:43 PM
Just don't scratch my paint while you're blowing each other to buggery, I might have to piss in your exhaust

AnErare
19th March 2009, 11:01 PM
I won't make it this weekend, which is probably a very bad thing because I've been at zone too much and my racing is in a bad decline. I could use the training.. I hope this doesn't mean I can't compete at the 29th :>

yeldar2097
20th March 2009, 01:02 AM
are you ever available in the week because if you are i'm sure we'll be able to have some extra qualifying stuff for you
:)

AnErare
20th March 2009, 03:12 PM
Well, only in the mornings because I'm working evenings from monday until friday. And of course saturday 28th ;)

yeldar2097
20th March 2009, 03:16 PM
when in the mornings are you free cos i'm on holiday so i'm free all the time. if you want i'll give you some races and hopefully we'll find some other people too :)

AnErare
20th March 2009, 03:25 PM
Ah! Splendid. About 9-12 GMT+1

Mad-Ice
23rd March 2009, 07:51 PM
Sunday the 29th, I will be there! Can we please start at 15:00 GMT+1. I have to organise things at home at 17:30 GMT+1.

See you all there, greetz Mad-Ice

AnErare
23rd March 2009, 11:04 PM
Sure thing.

Connavar
24th March 2009, 04:21 PM
yeldar: i'm also up for qualifications!

OBH
24th March 2009, 05:11 PM
Hmmmm i think ive managed to give myself an extra 2 days with the ps3 so i SHOULD be able to still compete in this.

This and my semi final vs wotan will be my last 2 competitions :( sad times.

yeldar2097
27th March 2009, 08:10 PM
is this thing still happening? haven't heard anything in a while...

SaturnReturn
27th March 2009, 08:12 PM
Shrug. I assumed so. I'll sit out to give Connavar, AnErare, both or whoever a go. But can be backup if necessary.

yeldar2097
27th March 2009, 08:18 PM
can we have a team england please?? :)

KGB
27th March 2009, 08:20 PM
This is meant to be happening Sunday is it not, have you got your team ready and what time is it kicking off. Are standby pilots allowed to trash talk as well? I feel I should do something to support my country. :P

Er! we gave you a Team England weeks ago Yeldar mate. Post 21

yeldar2097
27th March 2009, 08:58 PM
just making sure ;)
ok maybe not, i'm just inattentive and blind :lol

AnErare
28th March 2009, 12:06 AM
Guess you're just very lazy :P

Yes we have a team: Mad-Ice, yeldar, Saturn and I since no other pilots have really replied, and I've not actively been inviting through pm's..

Mad asked the racing to take place sunday at 1500 hours, our local time will defer to what we call Summertime :D Which means we''ll be sharing timeline again right? Since England has been straight forward and simple about availability and players I'm assuming you guys have agreed to it.

Let's get at it!

SaturnReturn
28th March 2009, 12:12 AM
What's going on with times then? In the UK our clocks go forward by 1 hour on Saturday night/Sunday morning I think. That would be BST - British Summer Time. This would be the same as GMT+1 I think. But if Dutch clocks go forward as well then we'll still be one hour out.

EDIT: Also, I think Connavar would like to play. I've barely played online all this week so will probably have forgotten how to use/put up with weapons so will happily be standby.

AnErare
28th March 2009, 12:15 AM
Hm ok, our clock will step forward as well. Connavar's post had dropped from my mind, alright but I'd say you're more skilled than I. We could decide on that though with some races :)

yeldar2097
28th March 2009, 03:15 AM
put connavar/whoever else inthe team instead of me, i've been crap recently, not to mention being in the team by default.

tis cool, i'd rather watch someone else's videos (i'm looking at you saturn;)) than mine :)

OBH
28th March 2009, 11:16 AM
sold my ps3 far earlier than id planned.
cannot compete. sorry

Connavar
28th March 2009, 12:24 PM
I'm available guys, got a better internet connection and all so ... :)
When do you want practice to take place? I'll be available this afternoon but not this evening (party),
also tomorrow afternoon!

Hellfire_WZ
28th March 2009, 03:04 PM
Oh F**K it! I'm no longer available tomorrow afternoon... Really sorry guys, it's evening-only for me now. If KGB takes Haydn's place, we need another sub to come in for me.

yeldar2097
28th March 2009, 03:26 PM
does wellington still play? or andybob? OLOuk? actually there's loads of you now that i think about it.

so far we have greenix, kgb1971 and amorbis right?

Greenix
28th March 2009, 04:20 PM
Oh no....
I've just sent out messages to team england on the PS3 in hope that we will still have a team for tomorrow. I'm free and Amorbis is still able to play. Just have to wait and see if KGB is able to get his ass off the sub bench and into a ship. OLOuk or Andybob should be able to stand (fingers crossed :) ) just have to wait for their reply.

Just to clarify, this is happening at 15:00 BST?

AnErare
28th March 2009, 06:07 PM
Mad has requested to start at 1500 GMT+1 because of other responsibilities, both our times will jump one hour forward so that'll be 1400 UK time. Maybe a little early but I hope we can still do this, otherwise we might have to reschedule.

KGB
28th March 2009, 06:11 PM
I might get the :cold shoulder from the wife, but i will step up to the plate.

3pm it is (nobody forget that the clocks are going forward an hour tonight) :)

Mad-Ice
28th March 2009, 06:20 PM
Mmmm, I almost got the feeling team England was running away! :p

Anyway, I hope to see you all at 15:00 GMT+1. I hope I can get some warm-up races tonight.

SaturnReturn
28th March 2009, 06:33 PM
Seems ther's still confusion. Taking clock changes into account, I think times are these:

1500 Dutch Time

1400 UK Time

Can everyone just check that this is ok and agree so we know we're all on the same page?

That time is good for me.

KGB
28th March 2009, 06:48 PM
Er! OK my mistake. 2PM then.
If we could say what it would be in both countries when we are organising it would be better especially as half the Dutch live in England. :) And Im as thick as pig sh*t!

I'll do a Yeldar and ask what is your team out of interest.

AnErare
28th March 2009, 07:00 PM
Ghehehe, "doing a kgb" would be to mess up the times right after someone has posted those in multiple outline :P

yeldar2097
28th March 2009, 07:02 PM
i thought 'doing a kgb' meant coming last :lol
mmmmm trash talk :P

team is: mad-ice, connavar, saturnreturn, anerare
standby: yours truly

KGB
28th March 2009, 07:06 PM
LOL your right AnErare, it was posted before I had composed my own, I should edit it, to not look so stupid but it's too late now, the cat is out of the bag. :p

Amorbis
28th March 2009, 07:11 PM
Yeah I should be able to turn up, if I can drag myself out of bed. To confirm: Will it be 2PM British Summer time? Of all the days that it could have fallen on :dizzy Anyway, good luck to my fellow team mates, not forgetting the Dutch too! :beer

andybob35
28th March 2009, 08:02 PM
:sonarI hear call of England:sonar

I should be consciousness to race by 2pm no problem + plus a hangover:beer:blarg look forward to sum great races!:rock

AnErare
28th March 2009, 08:10 PM
Alright!

The Game Is On.

I'll host an 8 race tournament consisting of the forward tracks, if Team England will pick one of them to set up the reverse ones we'll be all set!

KGB
28th March 2009, 08:53 PM
i thought 'doing a kgb' meant coming last :lol
mmmmm trash talk :P

team is: mad-ice, connavar, saturnreturn, anerare
standby: yours truly

I won't lower my standards by replying to that Yeldar. The last time I trash talked it backfired badly in my face.

I will say this though, 'doing a kgb' will mean Kill Gobby Bastards if you don't watch the cheek son. :):beer:p

AnErare
28th March 2009, 10:36 PM
lol

I will be racing Harimau tomorrow. It's cheeck's are huge compared to Icaras's and I've grown some gills, it seems to apply to me as well :P

SaturnReturn
29th March 2009, 12:56 AM
I'll be standby cos I'd like to watch the Grand Prix.

Hellfire_WZ
29th March 2009, 08:42 AM
Okay, now this is turning into a joke. I can't stand family members who won't make up their minds over what we're doing. I AM now available this afternoon so I'm going on standby.

Mad-Ice
29th March 2009, 09:33 AM
Hi all, AnErare said that he will be hosting a tour of 8 track forward with weapons on. I think he should host right after that tour another tour of the 8 reverse tracks with weapons off. So after 16 races team England can host the forward tracks with weapons off and then the reverse with weapons on.

Everyone should write down their points themselfs and post them immediately after the races in this thread. Last time against the team French, it went not so well and we still do not know who won with how much difference in points.

We should have everyone on our friendlist so we can set up tours for only friends, so no uninvited players will join. (except for DjKyoto and DjManiac, like last time)

Who is going to host for team England?

Is everybody okay with this?

Greetz Mad-Ice

AnErare
29th March 2009, 10:00 AM
Didn't think of that, yes, good idea.

KGB
29th March 2009, 10:12 AM
Hellfire: You can have your place back mate if you want, you were on the list first so no problem here. :lol

Hellfire_WZ
29th March 2009, 10:30 AM
I don't mind you going in first if you want mate, I was racing like a cock last night :)

KGB
29th March 2009, 10:39 AM
It's ok mate, like all good Englishmen i know how to stand in a queue, first come, first served and all that. I'll maybe bag a spot in the next one. Go for it! I'll go back on standby. Kill the ****ers (trash talk) :lol

Hellfire_WZ
29th March 2009, 10:50 AM
Okay then, I'm back in :)

So, if I'm right, the team is Greenix, Amorbis, andybob and me?

Greenix
29th March 2009, 11:00 AM
Think that's right Hellfire. Didn't realise we're doing non-weapons aswell think I may have to get some practice in.

AnErare
29th March 2009, 11:03 AM
Against the Nordics we only did weapons races. But 16 races takes about 45 minutes and I feel that is far too short for a good match, so I agree with Mad about doing both weapons on and off races :)

Greenix
29th March 2009, 11:15 AM
Well as long as the Eng pilots are ok with that I don't mind. My only real concern is this crappy ps3, the longer I play the higher the chance of it freezing :cold
Fingers crossed it doesn't :)

Hellfire_WZ
29th March 2009, 11:31 AM
Bloody hell, this is gonna be a lot of videos! ;)

yeldar2097
29th March 2009, 12:09 PM
i'll do my best to take videos but my card is only 1gb so there's gonna be a lot of chopping and changing going on so i might miss a few.
i'm gonna give it a go all the same.

AnErare
29th March 2009, 12:21 PM
To accommodate all our needs it would be fair to take a short 5 minute break between weapons and weapons off races when we switch from our hosting to the Brits.

edit: I've sent msg's on psn about the scope and request for 2nd hoster

Greenix
29th March 2009, 12:45 PM
Ok, here it is as far as I know:

Eng Team: Myself, Andybob, Amorbis, Hellfire (sub: KGB)
Dutch Team: Mad-Ice, Yeldar, Connovar, AnErare (sub: SaturnReturn)

Amorbis will be hosting for us

Good luck everyone!

AnErare
29th March 2009, 12:50 PM
I can see why you're confused, that is a confusing picture :)

No, more logical would be not to switch in between and not too many breaks.
I'll host weapons on fwd directly followed by 8 rev, then a 5 min break followed by Amorbis hosting 2 tours of in total 16 races weapons off.

Mad-Ice
29th March 2009, 12:57 PM
Hi all, AnErare said that he will be hosting a tour of 8 track forward with weapons on. I think he should host right after that tour another tour of the 8 reverse tracks with weapons off. So after 16 races team England can host the forward tracks with weapons off and then the reverse with weapons on.

Who is going to host for team England?

Is everybody okay with this?

Greetz Mad-Ice

The fairest way to host is like the description above. The Flying Dutchmen hosting 8 tracks forward with weapons on and then 8 tracks reverse weapons off. Team England hosting 8 tracks forward weapons off and 8 tracks reverse weapons on.

This also involves only one host change!!!

Good luck everybody.

AnErare
29th March 2009, 03:01 PM
For all the good spirits I've been an utter disgrace.

It seems the only thing that could happen today was to be shoved around into walls and off the tracks. Guys, we are supposed to be a team, this means we should not just let off weapons against eachother but also take ones course into account.

I'm off, I've had it. Finished the no weapons races with 0 points. Yep, null. Every race but 1 or 2 I've managed to get from head to tail positions within the first lap and I am not that bad a pilot.. I don't understand **** of what all that is about other than the shoving.

Congrats Team England, you were probably the better team :)

edit: and oh, my scores: 23 points weapons on, 0 points weapons off; besides the torture I am anticipating awesome video's :D

Connavar
29th March 2009, 03:01 PM
Wow I didn't expect such a level, I exploded too many times, and my gameplay
wasn't very consistent (sometimes great sometimes abyssymal),
I'll work on that for the next time :)

Congrats United-Kingdom for the win!

Here are my points:
forward weapon: 0 8 2 8 1 3 0 3 = 25
reverse weapon: 3 0 2 8 6 4 5 1 = 29

forward noweap: 6 4 3 4 0 4 1 8 = 30
reverse noweap: 2 4 3 4 6 1 8 3 = 31

total: 115 points

Thanks Greenix, Amorbis, andybob35, Hellfire_WZ, Mad-Ice, yeldar2097 and AnErare
for the amazing races :)

AnErare: yeah, we need to work on the team, because very often one of my
teammates wouldn't shoot at me but would still ram into my ship big time, causing
me to go off track or just waste A LOT of time, this happened a lot during weapons
races, if we can manage to avoid this, I'm sure we would score a lot more!!
(Note: I also did it on some teammates)

Amorbis
29th March 2009, 03:08 PM
My points are as follows:
Weapons Forward: 32
Weapons Reverse: 27
No Weapons Forward: 27
No weapons Reverse: 28
Total: 114

I don't know if that conflicts with anyone else's recordings, it might because I was so nervous I might have written the wrong thing :cold.
I apologise to anyone on my team who I attacked/shunted by accident. We could maybe all use the silver livery next time to stop confusion.

Thanks to everyone for a smashing time, regardless of any results! (Go England! ;))

Hellfire_WZ
29th March 2009, 03:11 PM
TEAM ENGLAND vs THE FLYING DUTCHMEN - 29 March 2009

ROUND 1 - Weapons Forwards

1 - Greenix - 48
2 - yeldar2097 - 35
3 - Amorbis - 32
4 - Andybob35 - 30
5 - Connavar - 25
6 - Mad-Ice - 23
6 - Hellfire_WZ - 23
8 - AnErare - 16

ROUND 2 - Weapons Reverse

1 - Greenix - 48
2 - Andybob35 - 35
3 - yeldar2097 - 30
3 - Hellfire_WZ - 30
5 - Connavar - 29
6 - Amorbis - 27
7 - Mad-Ice - 25
8 - AnErare - 7

ROUND 3 - No Weapons Forwards

1 - Mad-Ice - 41
1 - Greenix - 41
3 - yeldar2097 - 34
4 - Hellfire_WZ - 31
5 - Connavar - 30
6 - Amorbis - 27
7 - Andybob35 - 24
8 - AnErare - 5

ROUND 4 - No Weapons Reverse

1 - Greenix - 47
2 - yeldar2097 - 43
3 - Mad-Ice - 35
4 - Connavar - 31
5 - Amorbis - 28
6 - Hellfire_WZ - 24
7 - Andybob35 - 24
8 - AnErare - 0

FINAL SCORES

ENGLAND - 518
DUTCHMEN - 409

Well played everyone, thanks for taking part :)

Videos will be posted over the course of the next few days - http://hellfirewz.blogspot.com

SaturnReturn
29th March 2009, 03:11 PM
Guys, there's no way to really avoid the 'ramming' in races like this when it's so close. It's just from the lag. It's not like team mates are purposely trying to overtake by ramming each other. I do however agree that, in general, the lag makes non weapons races tough because you have no way to get back at people. In the game against France I would just drop back if a team mate was lagging me a bit and let them past. The chances are that if it's happening it's because they're faster than you anyway, although that's not always the case.

Personally I think non-weapons races are pointless for team games. I mean, where's the team element coming from? Nowhere as far as I can tell. I definitely see them as a pursuit for the individual and in an avalon type format where you have more than one chance at each track so that you can try again if you get lagged up the first time.

P.S. Well done Team England!

AnErare
29th March 2009, 03:14 PM
edit: never mind the message I was going for, this must simply mean I'm the weakest pilot behind you 7

Hellfire_WZ
29th March 2009, 03:22 PM
I was having problems of my own in the last tournament, I was getting significant delay in my controls for at least the first five races. Still managed to get round okay, but it did result in a lot of clipped corners, missed barrel rolls, missed speed pads and unnecessary wall scraping. Didn't make sense as Amorbis was hosting the last one so the connection should have been good!

Connavar
29th March 2009, 03:26 PM
Ok then, players totals are:

Greenix': 184
yeldar2097': 142
'Mad-Ice': 124
Connavar': 115
Amorbis': 114
Andybob35': 113
Hellfire_WZ': 108
AnErare': 28

weapons: UK = 273, NL = 190 (well Benelux)
no-weapons: UK = 246, NL = 219

AnErare
29th March 2009, 03:27 PM
From my own perspective I wasn't even experiencing lag :}

KGB
29th March 2009, 03:28 PM
Well done lads! Knew you would do it.:beer:beer

yeldar2097
29th March 2009, 03:30 PM
i'm just annoyed because i 100k'd my mirage in the last tournament and didn't give it the good send off that it deserved (partly in memory of OBH, partly because i actually like it)
well done brits

AnErare
29th March 2009, 03:32 PM
Dude, look at your points, you were the second best player in the whole match! Stop mocking yourself :)

Amorbis
29th March 2009, 03:34 PM
I have to give my commiserations to you Flying Dutchmen, or Benelux including Connavar, it was extremely close when you look at the results.

I'd like to dedicate our win to Haydn, whom we might not see race ever again on HD T_T.

On the issue of lag the only thing I can think of is my brother browsing the internet whilst I was racing. It shouldn't made that much of a difference though, but I wouldn't know being the host, everything seemed fine to me.

Mad-Ice
29th March 2009, 03:35 PM
Big congratulations to Team England!

Thanks for all the results Hellfire and Connavar.

yeldar2097
29th March 2009, 03:39 PM
videos will be up on wegame soon. i missed 3 races due to file transfer (i didn't wanna make you guys wait too long)

Greenix
29th March 2009, 03:39 PM
Well, that was full of pushing and shoving (to put it lightly).
Well done everyone. That was some very high level racing there, and if you ignore all the ramming and points scoring, it was one hell of a meeting.
I don't think there was anything wrong with your hosting Amorbis, just the wipeout servers in general.

AnErare we know your a good pilot. I think everyone suffered from the ramming. I think Harimau was probably letting you down aswell, that fish will get blown away on Sol2. I decided never to use Harimau in events like these, hence my use of AG-Sys today.

If it makes you feel better, you have my respect because you continued regardless of the results.

Well done AnErare, Mad-Ice, Yeldar, Connovar, Amorbis, Andybob and Hellfire :+

Maybe we can have a 'Dutch Revenge' game in the future.

AnErare
29th March 2009, 03:44 PM
Thanks Greenix. I know I am, in the last 10 races I maybe got behind but did manage to mostly stay within a respectable 3 seconds behind 1st places. In my first post after the race I was also letting of steam, the torture of seeing "0 points" every time was pretty hard to bare :>

You can count on a revenge, this is not going to put me down :) No more racing for me today though.

SaturnReturn
29th March 2009, 03:45 PM
AnErare - It's hard to tell. But things are sometimes very different to what they seem. Take a look at this video (http://www.wegame.com/watch/Team_Nordic_vs_The_Flying_Dutchmen_22_02_09_09_Vin eta_K_Rev_Splitscreen/) from the Team Nordic match. At around 24 seconds JJPAP is on the opposite did of my ship from my perspective to what he is from his perspective. Then he appears to ram me again on my screen but it's a clean pass on his screen. Crazy things happen online sometimes and it can make it very difficult, especially when you feel like you can't build any momentum.

AnErare
29th March 2009, 03:53 PM
Wicked. Alright, sorry for being so harsh half an hour ago.

I did enjoy the weapons on races very much, there were awesome close encouters with ammunition :D

Hellfire_WZ
29th March 2009, 04:40 PM
videos will be up on wegame soon. i missed 3 races due to file transfer (i didn't wanna make you guys wait too long)

Hopefully they're not the races that my camera decided to botch up on, it'd be nice to have a full compliment :)

yeldar2097
29th March 2009, 05:49 PM
i missed the 1st reverse race and the first two reverse non-weapons races.
just uploaded one as a test to find that it didn't work so i'm currently converting them all...

andybob35
29th March 2009, 06:12 PM
Just like to thank everyone for the intense level of racing... weapons or not. No lag issue at my end, just me lagging to keep up ;)

Look forward to more online events soon!

Hellfire_WZ
29th March 2009, 06:35 PM
Yeldar: Excellent, I've got them. So it looks like we've got a full compliment :)

yeldar2097
29th March 2009, 06:37 PM
race one is up: http://www.wegame.com/watch/29_03_09_Flying_Dutchmen_VS_Team_England_Weapons_O N_Race_1_2/
more coming soon...

AnErare
29th March 2009, 07:59 PM
Hellfire: what happens at 00:51 on AP weapons on is that I shot you with the right side rocket, this works when you're flying side by side :D From your perspective it looks weird though.. Was as surprised as you sound when I've first tried it, the result is quite nice :P

yeldar2097
29th March 2009, 08:11 PM
can someone tell me if my videos (3 so far) are working please? i can only get the first on working, all the others say 'no longer available' :(

AnErare
29th March 2009, 08:14 PM
No, it is telling me that as well :/

yeldar2097
29th March 2009, 08:43 PM
wait, you edited your post saying they're working but the post is the same.
i just need to know so i can work on uploading them again if i need to :)

Hellfire_WZ
29th March 2009, 08:49 PM
Videos for the first four races are up, see the blog link

I've also collated all the results from the videos and created a full breakdown of the result

http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/Results.jpg

AnErare
29th March 2009, 08:54 PM
Yeldar, post is the same because the edit time is displayed, yes they are showing :)

Damned bad luck were you having on sol at the finish line of lap 3, shocking :P I've had a similar mishap at chengou once, annoying poles :P

Connavar
29th March 2009, 09:05 PM
Yeldar: videos are working fine.
Hellfire: wow fantastic table!!
AnErare: yeah Yeldar had tons of bad luck with the turbos, I also had my share,
I hit the mountain on Sebenco haha, I think it'll show it on Yeldar's video.

Amorbis
29th March 2009, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the videos Hellfire and Yeldar, they give me incentive to get better at the more twisty circuits. Hellfire's graph highlights that too. I'm nowhere near conservative enough with my absorbing and my barrel rolls. I might just need a bigger tactical hat ;).

yeldar2097
30th March 2009, 02:57 AM
first tournament is up and running, i'll add the rest tomorrow.
good times (for some of it :P)

i think there may be quite a lot of swearing so if you're easily offended mute the sound whenever i make a mistake.
basically just keep the sound off ;)

Hellfire_WZ
30th March 2009, 09:22 AM
Don't worry, watched the first batch and I'm much more "vocal" ;) I've added yours to the blog alongside mine so they're easy to find, and I'll be uploading more of them today.

I must admit though I pissed myself at the "oh fuuuuuuuck" on Sol 2 :lol

OBH
30th March 2009, 11:55 AM
good work lads, good work :)

Hellfire_WZ
30th March 2009, 07:50 PM
Videos for every race up to Round 4 Race 2 are now up, and Yeldar's videos are also linked in the blog up to the end of Round 2

leungbok
30th March 2009, 08:05 PM
Great !! your tournaments are very entertaining, mates. Congrats to the 2 teams. And i had big laughs at your comments Hellfire (i thought i was listening an english version of... me ! :D) ;)

AnErare
31st March 2009, 06:55 AM
Whehe, aggressive lads you two must be then ;P I now understand your choice of Qi-Rex and the 45 tonnes of Goteki :>

Awesome work Hellfire and Yeldar, thanks for the great vid's.

yeldar2097
31st March 2009, 02:39 PM
goteki? there was someone using goteki?
i so wish i'd been in my lovely goteki, would've helped a lot

Hellfire_WZ
31st March 2009, 03:22 PM
All videos are now available

AnErare
1st April 2009, 07:11 AM
Yeldar, you've probably missed something. Leungbok was replying to Hellfire and I simply commented on their aggression :P

Mad-Ice
1st April 2009, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the vids guys, superb! I am plouging through them 1 by 1. Man so many races and even double the vids.:banzai

yeldar2097
2nd April 2009, 08:54 PM
@hellfire (and those who want to watch): the last of the videos is up so feel free to link them in your blog

now to start on ASTRAL.... -_-

Hellfire_WZ
2nd April 2009, 10:02 PM
Great, I'll do that tomorrow :) I'll try and get the videos for the ASTRAL final up this weekend too.

yeldar2097
2nd April 2009, 10:07 PM
i'm going to be up all night (not on my ps3) so i'll try to get as many up as i can.
slightly offtopic but oh well...

when's the rematch? :banzai

cnmth
7th April 2009, 04:54 PM
oh my,, i totally forgot this :frown:

2 bad that the dutchies lost :(

and gratz team ENG.