PDA

View Full Version : just lost all single-player progress

btnine
26th February 2009, 05:18 PM
I signed in today and when I went to attempt the few races I had left on the last series of races I noticed the whole campaign progress had been reset! Also the loyalty points (and skins) for each team I obtained were gone. I only have one account on my ps3 so it's def the right one.

checked my hd trophy progress it was still there but then I guess that's a psn thing.

Anyone experienced this before or know how exactly it came about or a solution even? (one that doesn't involve playing through every single race again...)

:turd

Feisar Ltd.
26th February 2009, 06:06 PM
Corrupt savedata?

Cerbis
26th February 2009, 06:07 PM
Did you make a new user on your PS3, or start the PS3 with another user?
The medals and whatnot are tied to the currently logged in user on the PS3, and are even stored in a regular save file. You can back up that save file with any USB drive, too.

Check your PS3's users, in the leftmost menu in the XMB, and the savegames associated with them?

kanar
26th February 2009, 08:30 PM
Hi btnine, welcome here! Here's a little resume of my wipeout HD life lol : my saved data has been corrupted like you (my psn profile/trophies/records was safe). So I achieved the elite campaign a second time. Worse : 3 weeks ago my psn was abducted my SL servers. So I had to create a new profile for online play. Yeah this game has a lot of weird bugs, but (& after playing killzone 2 lol) this is still the best game ever. LOL

Mu5
26th February 2009, 08:45 PM
Yes that happened to me also - very annoying. Can you see a corrupted game file in your savedata? I wonder if there is some way of fixing it?

All is not lost - just replaying single player knowing you are better skilled :)

DawnFireDragoon
26th February 2009, 09:49 PM
i feel your pain, this happened to me too. unlocking campaign is no big deal, but the ship skins takes forever.

i'll replay it once, but if it happens again i'm done.

it happened to me with castle crashers on xbox too...lost days of progress, but they patched it and it works a charm now.

the SL gang need to sort this out, especially if it's happened to numerous people.

btnine
26th February 2009, 11:24 PM
Yeah guys thanks for your replies, corrupted save game...

I've trawled a few forums now and apparently there is a slight hope: if you play through the campaign without connecting to the net it will not 'associate' the save game to your psn account, hence it is still open and can be used by anyone. Tell you what I'll play a few races, copy the save game & if one of you guys wants to give me your email I'll send it to you then you can try to use it on your ps3 installation?

anyone up for this? If it works I'll just keep playing the campaign through to completion without doing any online stuff and then we'll all have an open save to fall back on when the next save corruption happens?
:pc

TarotCardKiller
27th February 2009, 02:08 AM
I used to fall victim to that every other week. I was advised to attach a usb flash drive to the ps3 and save often (before you turn the ps3 off or every other time) to it as a back up. Its helped quite a bit; I'm on schedule to lose my data any day now but I have my back up.

rdmx
28th February 2009, 11:31 AM
I think a suitable course of action would be to send corrupted save files to Studio Liverpool and see if they can troubleshoot it?

CaptainWipeout
28th February 2009, 11:42 AM
DON'T LAUGH - But how do you save the saved data to a flashdrive - I've looked all around my PS3 but cannot find out how to do it.

I may be old but I am computer Savvy.
Just tell me where it's kept.

rdmx
28th February 2009, 11:52 AM
If pressing triangle doesnt work, I think you need to do a 'system backup' to do it. Though that is very messy!

CaptainWipeout
28th February 2009, 12:04 PM
That's just it - my triangle didn't give me the option and I'll not bother with a system backup. Thanks for the advice mate.

TarotCardKiller
28th February 2009, 07:01 PM
to save your data to the flash drive you have to go to Game/Save Data Utility and press the triangle on the "Wipeout HD Profile Data Race Campaign." After you select copy, it should automatically give you a choice to save it either to the flash drive or another profile if you have one.