PDA

View Full Version : Ode to Elite Campaign Legend

Cerbis
22nd February 2009, 08:58 AM
FINALLY!

It took me all night and lots of support from my beloved sponsors Piranha Advancements and AG-Systems to finally crack Meltdown on Elite AI, with Gold medals in every cell.
Lots of hard work, lots of swearing and a thoroughly sore thumb... and I finally have it. The coveted trophy. I apologize if I'm not supposed to create a thread like this, but I'm just SO happy and proud over myself :g

How was it for all of you to get your Elite Campaign Legend trophy, or for you still working on it, how are you faring? Any hints you'd like to ask for? :)

FatScarf
22nd February 2009, 11:55 AM
It was a pain in the bollocks I tell thee. Although I found the single races to be way harder than the tournaments, did anyone else notice a very slight decrease in the AI's aggressiveness in tournaments compared to single races? Congratulations on your gold :)

RobCoxy
22nd February 2009, 02:37 PM
Can't say i noticed that no...?

And yes, this trophy was an absolute pain in the backside! Chenghou Project, Phantom, Elite has scarred me for life... literally ;).

okam
22nd February 2009, 04:33 PM
Actually, apart from Chenghou it was nowhere as bad as I thought it would be. I put it off for ages, dreading the task, but when I first got started I got it done fairly quickly.

My biggest obstacle now is the zone stuff, mostly because I don't like doing zone. That probably has a lot to do with why I suck at it, if I manage to convince myself that I loooove zone I can probably get it done easier ^^

Cerbis
22nd February 2009, 06:32 PM
I didn't notice a decrease in AI aggressiveness during Tournaments in the Campaigns, but I did however notice that my mood
and thoughts changed compared to Single Laps.
In Tournament, I always could trust that all was not lost as long as I could get a good position in the next stage.
I calmed down, and managed to pilot better. In Single Laps, I always felt so stressed. I always thought "I need to gain positions the next lap"
every single lap and ended up doing more mistakes since I was worrying so much about finishing in first place.

LOUDandPROUD
22nd February 2009, 08:43 PM
Congrats, Cerbis! :clap I just obtained the Elite Campaign Legend trophy only a few moments ago myself! Woo-hoo! :hyper

@ FatScarf - I personally think that, without a doubt, the Elite AI is noticeably less aggressive and more forgiving in tournaments.

silverfoxy
22nd February 2009, 08:47 PM
The most important thing I found with tourneys was to avoid getting eliminated in any race. I was always doing BRs and bashing off the walls but not able to absorb much as you're trying to get ahead. Half the battle for me was making it through every race. If I could make it through I'd just about have enough points at the end to come out victorious.

RobCoxy
22nd February 2009, 10:14 PM
Congrats, Cerbis! I just obtained the Elite Campaign Legend trophy only a few moments ago myself! Woo-hoo!

Congrats Loud-and-Proud... well done! :).

Cerbis
23rd February 2009, 01:41 AM
Congratulations, LoudandProud! Doesn't it just feel good after putting in so much hard work? :g

LOUDandPROUD
23rd February 2009, 01:49 AM
Good? It feels GREAT! :D Now to beat that dang Zico... :cold

SuperNova
23rd February 2009, 04:15 AM
HA, Zico is tame compared to Elite Campaign Legend

RedScar
23rd February 2009, 04:30 AM
Really, I had no problem getting Elite Campaign legend excluding any phantom races on projects. Zico took me like 150 laps before I finally hit all the BRs but seemed WAY more frustrating

Wip3ou7
23rd February 2009, 06:08 AM
Easy as pie :)

LOUDandPROUD
23rd February 2009, 01:42 PM
@ RedScar - Agreed. Other than Chengou in the Meltdown stage, I had very little difficulty whipping through the Elite Campaign with all golds. Zico, on the other hand...I thought I had it once...hit all the BR's...but, nope. Waaaay frustrating. Gonna keep trying though...maybe someday.

yeldar2097
23rd February 2009, 07:52 PM
well you got your first online victory against some top pilots so not doubt you'll go from strength to strength and kick zico's AG behind ;)
go get him!

LOUDandPROUD
23rd February 2009, 08:24 PM
Haha! Thanks for the motivational speech! :) Zico, I'm comin for ya! :twisted

boo4ever
24th February 2009, 09:46 PM
Good for you, Cerbis. Elite Campaign was a tough one for me as well. I think it is best to be patient. When I was aggressive early in a race the AI would get more aggressive if that makes any sense. There were only a few races where I was able to break far away from the pack. Enjoyed racing with you last weekend.