PDA

View Full Version : The Flying Dutchmen.

Mad-Ice
21st February 2009, 02:02 PM
The first time the team got together for an unofficial qualifier. Here are the results:

Total points of the 32 tracks: 16 tracks with weapons on and 16 tracks with weapons off.

Total points for races with weapons on:

Pilot points

AnErare 63
Yeldar 97
Saturn 87
R3BU5ER 69
Mad-Ice 100

Total points for races with weapons off:

Pilot points

AnErare 61
Yeldar 86
Saturn 67
R3BU5ER 49
Mad-Ice 119

Total points of the whole tour:

Pilot points

R3BU5ER 118
AnErare 124
Saturn 154
Yeldar 183
Mad-Ice 219

I will try to get my word document with the full over view in the allowed size. Arghhh, I am a real noob when it come to PC stuff. I worked out all the results and I can not get it in the right size, so sorry this is all I can do for now.

Thanks for racing guys. More to come very soon.

SaturnReturn
21st February 2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks Mad-Ice, good stuff. I hope you can get the full results. I'd be very interested to see how much worse I did without my weapons. Think I really need to practice my speed pad lines for all the tracks.

CLICK HERE FOR COMPREHENSIVE RESULTS (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/SitarHero/21022009FlyingDutchmenResultGood.jpg)

AnErare
21st February 2009, 07:32 PM
Nice work guys.

Too bad though R3bus3r had to leave short handed, this spoils the tables a little. I would've probably gotten out 5th if he hadn't.

SaturnReturn
21st February 2009, 07:48 PM
AnErare - Don't worry. Posting all results means we can see how everyone performed across the board. It was just a friendly game anyway. The results are more just because it's nice to have something to show for all the effort Mad-Ice put into arranging it.

AnErare
21st February 2009, 11:01 PM
Yes, of course. It was just a statement of probable fact :)

I enjoyed it a lot and learned some things from it, we should do this occasionally to learn (how) to cooperate on the tracks against another team.

SaturnReturn
21st February 2009, 11:05 PM
Yeah. If we could even go so far as to have some kind of tactics, then it could be really good. If we can get 8 of us next time and play in 2 teams of 4 against each other that could be good training. Or even a team of 3 and a team of 2 could have been fun to try today.

yeldar2097
21st February 2009, 11:21 PM
hopefully next time i won't do quite so many embarrassing things either....
thanks for arranging everything the way you did mad :+
we got a special visit from djkyoto as well which was nice. great times all around :)

Mad-Ice
22nd February 2009, 01:23 AM
You are all very much welcome guys! I enjoyed it so much. Indeed we gotta do this more often and like Saturn said with 2 teams to learn how to work on the tactics with weapons. We did 32 races within 1,5 hour. So it doesn't take long for such a great event.

Thanks for getting my word-document in that cool overview, Saturn. Big thumbs up.

SaturnReturn
22nd February 2009, 10:56 AM
No probs. Thanks for sending me the word document :+

SaturnReturn
6th March 2009, 11:11 PM
Flying Dutchmen Match - Saturday 7th March @ 3.p.m GMT. 16 races, all tracks, weapons on.

Currently only myself, Luxoflux and AnErare confirmed. This will act as a qualifier for the Sunday 8th match against the French. But any of the Dutchmen can join if you let me know in advance, even if you're not available against the French on the 8th.

yeldar2097
7th March 2009, 12:44 AM
i'll be there to pick up the pieces from 23:30 GMT if anyone wants a warmup

AnErare
7th March 2009, 10:34 AM
I'll be there this afternoon indeed.

Saturn, shall we split the hosting in 2?

Yeldar, sure, I can probably join in :)

SaturnReturn
7th March 2009, 11:11 AM
I wasn't considering splitting it in 2 as there are only 3 of us. But we can if you want to host reverse tracks?

AnErare
7th March 2009, 12:16 PM
Ok, I'm rather inclined to be optimistic about it :P We'll see, if we are only with 3, 16 races will be a bit much but I guess we're better off picking 4 fwd and 4 rev tracks instead. Don't you think?

I've been doing a bit SL just now and am adopting outside far view instead of close. I find the perspective relative to the track is a huge improvement. On the downside the ship tends to disappear from the screen on the vertical part of Metropia..

It could mean I'm bound to make more stupid mistakes than usual but we'll see. I'll be a good opportunity to train a bit anyway :)

SaturnReturn
7th March 2009, 12:27 PM
We'll do all 16 just so that it's the same format as the match with France. It should only take 45 minutes I think.

I prefer that view as well. GIves a much better view of the track.

I'm not optimistic about my chances at all. You were definitely much improved last time I raced you while I seem to have lost my mojo a little.

yeldar2097
7th March 2009, 12:38 PM
good luck to all of you. may the best legend win :lol

AnErare
7th March 2009, 01:50 PM
True, OK. It will also be a good test for our determination. There's ample more room available, less players to agitate or stimulate focus and also less weapons clatter ;)

I meant though I was optimistic about the amount of pilots showing up but I've dropped that attitude ;p

AnErare
7th March 2009, 02:54 PM
That didn't go too well for me.. :P

Aside from the fact that I'd been playing with my controller settings and had totally forgotten to restore them because of the pre-race tension. It went all haywire on Vinetta so we had to start over...

The switch from close to far cam has proven to be quite difficult as I'm inclined to take close corners and the ****ed up poles on Sebenco kept hitting me like baseball bats.. Amongst other things.

Anyway it were good races with some close moments and nasty weapon impacts :D

SaturnReturn
7th March 2009, 03:09 PM
Yeah. It was pretty good. I didn't like having to restart vineta k as I beat luxoflux the 1st time but lost the 2nd time. (Just had to get that in there)

I was amazed at how you came back at me on metropia reverse. Didn't see you coming at all then all of a sudden you were right there flying over the top of me.

Winner:
Luxoflux
2nd:
SaturnReturn
3rd:
AnErare

AnErare
7th March 2009, 03:14 PM
Sorry man, only because of that fact I pretty much deserve to be spare tomorrow :}

I was taking succesfull sharp turns on metro rev and found a turbo which indeed send me over your roof ;) It was a bit of a tight shot and you also hit me so you could stay ahead just .2 secs :D

SaturnReturn
7th March 2009, 03:22 PM
Hehe. Well I expect it was more the lag that hit you than me. Certainly not intentional. But yeah, it was very close. Anyway, no need to apologise for anything. It's good that things are close so that we know we have as many fast players as possible. Maybe we can even fill 2 teams against the French for the big tournament that kaori has in mind.

To FrenkyV - If you see this, sorry mate. Missed you again. Only got your message while we were right in the middle of this.

AnErare
7th March 2009, 03:25 PM
Yes that would be awesome indeed :)

It seems I may be available the weekend of the 21st/22nd, I'll probably know for sure before next weekend.

Allright!

Scores of today March 7th '09 are:

Luxoflux 116
SaturnReturn 106
AnErare 82

Good luck to you both tomorrow against the French, and good luck to Mad-Ice and Yeldar as well. The four of you sure should be able to put them down ;)

Connavar
13th March 2009, 01:06 AM
Please count me in for next qualifications, since it looks like im the only
Belgian guy in the world more or less able to race in phantom!
But I'll have to be warned at least one week in advance so I can have time to
practice multiplayer races, I don't want to disappoint.

Mad-Ice
13th March 2009, 06:23 AM
Well, of course you are welcome! At one point in history Belgium and the Netherlands were one anyway. If you want you can join our social group.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Connavar
13th March 2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks a lot Mad-Ice, I really appreciate it.
You're right, Belgium and the Netherlands were one nation before october 1830.
And living in Brussels, I had to learn Dutch too, so we even have a common language :)

cnmth
13th March 2009, 12:19 PM
Maybe its cool 2 do some Flyin dutchmen vs flyin dutchmen matches sometime? ;) or has this already been done b4?

Greet cnmth!

yeldar2097
13th March 2009, 01:57 PM
well we've had qualifying matches but i don't think we've ever done teams.
we should defs give it a try sometime...

AnErare
14th March 2009, 01:34 AM
Yeah definitely, good idea Roy!

SaturnReturn
18th March 2009, 01:32 AM
Who is available this Sunday (22nd March) for a qualifying session to see who plays against Team England?

I hear they're unbeaten or something like that so we gotta sort our best team. How is 1600 GMT+1 for everyone? That seems to have been a fairly good time in the past.

Also, is anyone up for a kaori style die hard game afterwards just for fun?

yeldar2097
18th March 2009, 02:36 AM
if i can make it then i will but i have family stuff that i have to wriggle out of first.
well up for some DH races if i do make it.

SaturnReturn
18th March 2009, 02:54 AM
What kind of weird stuff does your family do that requires wriggling? You better get out of it so I can whoop you for once. Not that we're rivals or anything :p

When does your family stuff start/end? And why the hell am I still here at almost 3am?

yeldar2097
18th March 2009, 02:59 AM
birthday(s) and suchlike. it's all going down at my house so hopefully i'll be able to sneak in a bit of WO but we might be going out. i'll try to get some more info on it tomorrow.

whoop me? that sounds a bit like a challenge to me. you're on! :banzai

because you're a WZ addict :P

SaturnReturn
21st March 2009, 11:36 PM
Haven't really heard from anyone about qualifiers. Are we doing this Sunday 22nd or shall be do something in the week? Or just pick a team democratically?

We can always just do a Dutchmen game for fun if people are around.

AnErare
22nd March 2009, 09:36 PM
It appears we need to retry sometime this week...or otherwise try a vote on who of the available pilots will race against England. I think it would be most wise to race next weekend because of the upcoming Avalon hotspur :D

Connavar
25th March 2009, 12:15 AM
Yeah let's try to organize some races, and we'll see who's in better condition!

yeldar2097
25th March 2009, 01:34 AM
you seemed to be in pretty good condition today conna ;)
who's free when?

Connavar
25th March 2009, 12:01 PM
What do you mean, you beat me 90% of the time!!
But I think you also scored some amazing times :)

yeldar2097
25th March 2009, 12:46 PM
i may have beaten you more but i was on a seriously good run at the time.
it swiftly came to an end a few hours later.
besides, you made me work like hell for it! luck was on my side thankfully :D

Mad-Ice
25th March 2009, 02:20 PM
Maybe I will be online tonight at 19:30 GMT+1 for a Flying Dutchmen meeting. It's about 90% change I will be there. I hope to see many of us.

SaturnReturn
25th March 2009, 06:28 PM
I'm online now but will be having dinner in a mo. Back on probably between 7-7.30 GMT.

Connavar
25th March 2009, 09:09 PM
Ok I've seen you all: yeldar, Mad-Ice, SaturnReturn.
Awesome races with you all!

Yeldar: lol this time your run was kinda worse, you killed me once with a plasma,
then I killed you twice with a bomb I think.

yeldar2097
25th March 2009, 09:22 PM
yeah my racing today has been rubbish. i'm currently in a lot of pain so i blame that :P
i'll be better tomorrow/later on (after painkillers :D)