PDA

View Full Version : M$ TCPA

AmigoJack
4th October 2002, 01:37 PM
heard of this? http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html
what do you think of this?

aware from the fact that i strictly deny such a global-controlling-system i think this might come reality very well. many people use MS soft only and dont want to loose "comfortable usage" with their application. they wouldnt find it good but they might accept it because they are afraid to re-think to another platform (sun, unix, linux, mac...)

Nathan Adams
5th October 2002, 05:43 AM
oh oh, palladium. i've has SO many discussions about how bad that is - but looks like i dont have to say anything for once because that site basically covers it
needless to say - evil indeed

I don't really use any ms anything myself. I do have IE as a backup browser, mediaplayer for those stupid asf files, msn for my brother, and RDC for when I want to connect to my brothers winxp machine. But It all is very rarely used, and I wouldn't cry a tear if they all got 'accidently' trashed.

Lance
5th October 2002, 03:34 PM
i am totally against TCPA and especially Palladium. this is a combination of governmental and commercial Orwellian "Big Brother''ism. it's designed purely for the benefit of already powerful corporations. there is no ''trust'' involved; that is mere ''Big Brother'' ''doublespeak''. Microsoft has already implemented this attitude and approach in some of its past policiies and present products, such as XP. i want none of this to ever occur. oddly enough, China and India may be our hope of salvation; they are very unlikely to take part in any TCPA agreements. we can hope that they will manufacture their own computers without the ''Fritz chips''

jmoid
6th October 2002, 02:06 PM
i hope people will be galvanised into resisting this.

Myke_AG_Sys™
6th October 2002, 05:52 PM
They can kiss my ass. If that ever came into effect it would get the backs up of many people, especially hackers. Electronic warfare.....you bet.

What a stupid idea.

Myke.