PDA

View Full Version : Scarce availability

Vasudeva
1st October 2002, 07:39 PM
Greetings all,

Just a short note to say that during the coming academic year, I'll be not as active as I used to be. I'm moving to another place without internet access, so I depend on the uni or my access and only have internet access for a longer time when I'm home in the weekends....

Peace all,
V.

Lance
1st October 2002, 08:50 PM
well, you'll just have to use those uni computers for non-scholarly purposes. but be efficient in your time use. see you. :)

DJ Techno
2nd October 2002, 07:13 PM
I don't know about using the uni computers
But being in college and not having a computer at home
I just use the internet at my school and public library
spending so much time working on essay and report projects I might as
well spend 8 am to 4 pm or 7 pm on the internet.(looks like I spend almost 12 working hours write their) :wink:

jmoid
2nd October 2002, 07:18 PM
thanks for saying hi, dude!

DJ Techno
2nd October 2002, 07:25 PM
Hi

^your welcome

I don't usally do greetings all the time :-? :wink:

jmoid
2nd October 2002, 07:30 PM
well i kinda meant vasudeva, but cheers anyway! :)

DJ Techno
2nd October 2002, 07:34 PM
cool
it my pleasure, as being Americas best AG pilot and all...

got to admit that was a good way of saying hi vesudeva made.

Spaceboy Gajo
2nd October 2002, 07:34 PM
DJ Techno is going to be a dedicated wip3r in no time.

I used to remember when Sven was just as eager :cry:

If not faster.

The good old days,

spaceboy gajo

DJ Techno
2nd October 2002, 07:35 PM
ok I was late on that one.

But I wouldn't be to sure about dedicated
I've been playing the game since 1995
the same year Electronica came out in the US
"thanks to Mtv"

oh wait a minute
your talking about the forum...
Well as long as the site will still be here I will be here
hey I be back tomarrow
later

xEik
2nd October 2002, 08:23 PM
DJ Techno seems to have too much spare time in front of a computer. It happened to me in the old ezboard forums, it happened to Sven here... Once your time gets consumed with something else that doesn't involve a computer with a browser the posting rate falls.

No flaming here. I hope no offence is taken. BTW I prefer Trance to Techno :wink: , specially European one.

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

DJ Techno
3rd October 2002, 02:37 PM
My free time at the computer is not unlimited its only limited on when it becomes night time here... Around 5 or so, then I am gone for the rest of the day until tomarrow.
(work x work x Martial Arts x DJing x Fixing Cars and motorcycles x Street Racing and Pro Racing xsocial life x everything else =my life)
-Welcome to the Life of being an America
I listen to trance all the time
more than normal, then the rest of electronica comes along
ambient, house, drum and bass, etc

maybe DJ Techno should have been DJ Trance
but thanks to DJ Trancelott it got taken
-Yes I Do Need To Practice

Vasudeva
3rd October 2002, 08:19 PM
I used to prefer trance over techno as well but my opinion has changed now. There's too much cheap trance out there these days... As soon as a new bassline or melody style is found, all the rest just copies it. Horrible.

By the the way xElk, your home country is responsible for "Las Ketchup"! Now even I can do that silly dance... Horrible :D.

Peace,
V.

xEik
3rd October 2002, 08:37 PM
Vasudeva, I'm stateless. I lived in a region that calls itself a country without state. Now I am in France where I'm studying for my last year at University.

My links to the country you are refering to are every day weaker :wink: :roll:

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Lance
3rd October 2002, 10:20 PM
yikes, i just heard yesterday of another style of DJ performance [or music?] called 'Table Top', which apparently involves a dj sitting at a table with a pair of laptop computers. :o
can anybody clue me in about this possibly already old news?

Vasudeva
4th October 2002, 08:02 AM
Oh xElk I know... I think you referred to yourself more as a Catalonian, is that right? Just a question: how much does Catalonian differ from Spanish? Can it be compared to the difference between Spanish and Portugese or is it smaller, like between Occitan and French?

A curious V.

Synthetic Consciousness
4th October 2002, 11:23 AM
[Lan:ce]

Table Top is a newer form of DJ performance, as you have noted, instead of using turntables, the CDJ uses one (or two) computers. It allows you to play a cd in the computer's CD-ROM drive, and the DJ software on the computers simulate one or two turntables, and mixing boards. You can save, queue up and call up samples on the system while performing. You're able to "scratch" the on-screen "turntables" via the mouse, and the CD currently playing will scratch, via a signal sent to the CD-ROM's laser, which resets it momentarily (I think). Alternately, instead of using CDs, some software allow you to use mp3s. There are also fully contained (cased), smaller systems (such as the Gemini Disc-O-Mix-4 Table Top CD System by ProSound , which consist of small cd players with jogwheels attached, mini-monitors, and mixer, which allow you to mix and perform on the fly. There's also a new CDJ controller for the PS2, that has a jogwheel and mixer built in (similar to the Gemini, but you only get one controller), with samples pre-loaded in. The controller is called the PowerTouch, and the program it runs on is called ProScratch 2.

[more-informat:ion] http://www.soundtech.co.uk/americandj/proscratch2.htm

I'll have to get one of these little beauties. 8) If only I had money, because none of them are cheap. :P

[Vasu:deva]

Take care, and good luck in all your endeavours. :D

DJ Techno
4th October 2002, 04:08 PM
Yes I have heard of one of those things being used
In an issue of Revolution magazine

over 500 dollars for one but you can get a package deal with two Gemini cd turntables with it for close to $1500

a few DJ's who use table top DJ play at the Burning Man festival and last years German Love Parade

Lance
4th October 2002, 04:21 PM
ah, i can see that the disc is now doomed not just for ordinary music distribution but for dj action as well. farewell my beloved 12 inch vinyl. [sniffles]

DJ Techno
4th October 2002, 05:06 PM
Welcome to the new age

Well Electronica DJ's new age of scratch and Mix

DJ Techno
4th October 2002, 05:27 PM
there will always be a place for 12in lp's

whenever your CD system burns out or the laser doesn't work
always go back to the classic old sckool ways
two turntables 12 in lp's, a mixer, a microphone, and apair of head phones.

Lance
4th October 2002, 06:11 PM
DJT: even though i do love vinyl, i was being sarcastic through the method of overacting my 'farewell to vinyl' speech. :) however, your reassurance of its continued existence, though really not necessary, was appreciated. anyway, most of what i have on vinyl is not available on CD, so i play the vinyl itself or minidisc copies of it. the minidiscs are currently more convenient for me than making oggs or mp3s. i don't use any of it for dj purposes.
i'm not sure yet whether i will miss CDs or not

SC: recently i've seen Peter Gabriel on tv doing live performances with a computer attached to his keyboard. do you know what he's using the computer for? calling up samples? modifiying the ADSL envelope of his vocals? other?

DJ Techno
4th October 2002, 07:18 PM
alright

thats cool with me
But your problaly going to miss CD's
for your stereo and portable CD player
and some other stuff

Who was Peter Gabriel?

Spaceboy Gajo
5th October 2002, 09:40 PM
Who was Peter Gabriel?

Please tell me you're kidding DJ Techno.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge Peter Gabriel fan. However, this may date me and you but I enjoy a few of his songs.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

spaceboy gajo

stin
6th October 2002, 08:35 AM
yeah! what age are you? (DJ Techno) just being curius! :wink:

stin :D

DJ Techno
10th October 2002, 11:55 AM
yes I am

going on 19 on April 26 2003

at my e-mail address wipeout95mtl@msn.com
I recieved some MSN offers on Peter Gabriel
greatest hits and all that.