PDA

View Full Version : G-Surfers is now HYPERSONIC XTREME

JABBERJAW
28th September 2002, 10:45 PM
A couple questions for infox or anyone who has played it. If this game ran at 60 fps, would it be good? How does it play? like f-zero? and how was the track editor? are there limits?

U V
28th March 2003, 09:48 AM
A couple questions for infox or anyone who has played it. If this game ran at 60 fps, would it be good? How does it play? like f-zero? and how was the track editor? are there limits?

it called 'G-Surfers' over here [GB]
the game is great; yes it rips-off F-Zero bigtime but the injoyment is there and as i foolishly gave away F-Zero X a few years ago and can't get a copy enywhere this will have to do!
the frame rate is very poor but you get used to it after a while :)
the track editor is nice, as if there is enything in the game then its in the editor; you unlock more as you go though the game
there are codes for a website but it seems to be allways down :(

i got it for £10 and its well worth the money, but not as good as any of the WipeOut's

JABBERJAW
29th March 2003, 04:20 AM
i got it a while ago. The framerate is actually decent in the ntsc version. The funny thing about the reviews is that they give it roughly c's and d's. But, it plays almost exactly like fzero x, just sitting slightly higher off the track. Fzero x got mostly A's and so will the new one. I guess it's not too hard to be a reviewer, just give the big names(ea,nintendo) A's all the time and go down from there dependant on how big the NAME of the game is

Wiseman
1st April 2003, 08:02 AM
Oh yeah, there goes a great way to push innovation, Al. :p

To hell with original ideas, I say!

JABBERJAW
2nd April 2003, 12:08 AM
I'm not pushing this type of reviewing,, cough, egm. :D this is how many review mags work.

Wiseman
2nd April 2003, 08:33 AM
Ahh, O.K. I see what you're getting at now...

The way you worded your post it sounded as if you were saying the score was too low, and that just because it played like F-Zero it should have gotten a higher score.

But I see what you were trying to say now... :lol:

rjsec4ever
21st May 2003, 07:01 PM
Maybe F-Zero... hmm, 60fps runs smooth, but when a lot goes on, it slows down.

Try to make a corkscrew loop about over an ocean! That is WHEEEEE fun! lol.

Purp]=]
14th January 2008, 12:13 PM
right you know when you have completed a series on g-surfers say for instance the marco polo series and it comes wit the website and then the code to download new features well do ya type in the code after you have typed in www.gsurfers.net or does the website not work and that there is a replacement website:o:hyper:mr-t

cuzz i dont think it works:?:

is there a hyper sonic extreme website instead or what

:rock:guitar:guitar:bomb

Mobius
14th January 2008, 12:24 PM
There never was an G-surfers webiste, dispite the game telling constantly to visit it and i dont beleive HSX did either. Though G-surfers did have some lively billboards for Innocent Smoothies from what I remember and a small obsession with Vancouver. All i can remeber of it.

Purp]=]
14th January 2008, 12:37 PM
oh right so the codes dont work then thats ok lol cuzz i did some really cool tracks li did a couple of grand canyon tracks and some different twisty ones thats all:sonar

Airrider
16th January 2008, 11:50 PM
I think they poorly reviewed HSX/G-Surfers because when you make a futuristic racer, you have to commit to it. You have to make an experience that differs from "hovery fast thing going around a track." In the case of F-Zero, this can be somewhat excused because they came up with it first and eventually developed their own particular flavor of "hovery fast thing going around a track."

JABBERJAW
17th January 2008, 03:48 AM
the poor reviews don't make alot of sense unless you were to give fzero a bad grade as well. The controls were almost identical, as well as the handling. Gsurfers actually handled more like wipeout in the air as opposed to the crappy air control of fzero. yes fzero is more polished with the ai, and graphics, but not a 9(Fzero) to a 4(gsurf)score, should be more like 8 to 7/6.

Sausehuhn
17th January 2008, 12:20 PM
Purp]=],
I don't want to be impolite or something like that, but could you please make use of punctuation in future? At least for me it's sometimes very hard to read posts that aren't structured enough or contain too much colloquial speech :|
Sorry but English is not my mother tongue.

Airrider
18th January 2008, 04:58 AM
OK, JABBERJAW, I see what you mean. Still...I saw gameplay footage of HSX and thought it was the kind of futuristic racer that you got prepackaged with certain models of...personal computers...know what I mean? There's a line between lacking polish and being hopelessly cheap.

And does anybody but me have a problem with the name "Hypersonic Extreme" when attached to a game with these results? It sounds like the sort of title you feel obligated to yell at the top of your lungs in the most guttural tone possible.

RJ O'Connell
20th January 2008, 02:20 AM
I recall reading that the developers wanted to 3D model the entire Earth, this was in a mag article from 2000.

How close did they get to accomplishing it?

(let's hear it for necro-posting!! >_<)

Purp]=]
20th January 2008, 07:13 PM
saushuhn (lol forgot name)
erm so the code doesn't work then like to get the scenery from different races e.g. the ones from the mount everest track:)